Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we give Garry the job? 20:14 - Feb 23 with 3718 viewsSgorioFruit

In my eyes i think we would be silly not to appoint him in this role permanently.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:15 - Feb 23 with 2499 viewsJackfath

Yes.

Why not?

I would get in someone who would be good for him to turn to when advice is needed. A Glen Hoddle type.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:17 - Feb 23 with 2479 viewsperchrockjack

If he keeps us up, there should make him First Minister.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:18 - Feb 23 with 2475 viewsymaohyd

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:15 - Feb 23 by Jackfath

Yes.

Why not?

I would get in someone who would be good for him to turn to when advice is needed. A Glen Hoddle type.

If Garry Monk gets the job he isn't going to be dictated to as to who his number 2 will be. It will be his decision and a very difficult one at that.

In my opinion any way, he already has the job.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:19 - Feb 23 with 2457 viewsperchrockjack

He is clearly able to motivate and organise. Only ting I would question is his knowledge to source new players.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:23 - Feb 23 with 2425 viewsJackfath

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:19 - Feb 23 by perchrockjack

He is clearly able to motivate and organise. Only ting I would question is his knowledge to source new players.

Which is why I brought up the need for another person to come in and help.

A Glen Hoddle type who has contacts, and also could advise the board to ensure smooth running of contracts etc

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:23 - Feb 23 with 2424 viewsdgt73

How about lets wait and see. After all GM has the job until the end of the season, then the board can access who is the best candidate. In saying that tho I'd love to see Gary make a success of it and get the job permanently, but you have to take the emotions out of the decision and that decision must be made with the head and not the heart.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:25 - Feb 23 with 2404 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

There's no rush to make any decision or announcement, and that's good for all concerned.

If the club were to announce tomorrow he is definitively the new manager and no other options will be considered, then it just puts unnecessary pressure on GM. The way things are is just right - he can just concentrate on preparing the players for the remaining games without any additional crap and we can just hang-fire until the summer on the management structure for the future.

Dim rush.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:26 - Feb 23 with 2390 viewsJackfath

If it's made with the head, the only thing GM is perhaps lacking at this stage is worldwide contacts / scouting network.

The way he has captured the squad and city and got everyone believing once more is admirable.

Surely that's something which is priceless to our club and city.

I am sure that he will be studying videos of today's game and analysing where things were awry and sorting it ready for training this week. Something I doubt his predecessor did.

Login to get fewer ads

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:27 - Feb 23 with 2384 viewsjackforever

surely not, the vast majority on here would be horrified at the prospect of Gary Monk being our next manager, wouldn't they?
Should we give Garry the job? on 20:28 - Feb 23 with 2377 viewsymaohyd

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:23 - Feb 23 by dgt73

How about lets wait and see. After all GM has the job until the end of the season, then the board can access who is the best candidate. In saying that tho I'd love to see Gary make a success of it and get the job permanently, but you have to take the emotions out of the decision and that decision must be made with the head and not the heart.

I'm finding all the speculation naïve to be honest. The board have a history of wanting, young upcoming managers - Jackett, Martinez, Rodgers.

The job is Garry Monks.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:30 - Feb 23 with 2356 viewsdgt73

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:26 - Feb 23 by Jackfath

If it's made with the head, the only thing GM is perhaps lacking at this stage is worldwide contacts / scouting network.

The way he has captured the squad and city and got everyone believing once more is admirable.

Surely that's something which is priceless to our club and city.

I am sure that he will be studying videos of today's game and analysing where things were awry and sorting it ready for training this week. Something I doubt his predecessor did.

I agree with most of what you said, but surely at the end of the season would be the best time to judge.

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:33 - Feb 23 with 2342 viewsLiam12345

of course we should

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:34 - Feb 23 with 2333 viewsJackfath

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:30 - Feb 23 by dgt73

I agree with most of what you said, but surely at the end of the season would be the best time to judge.

Yes. It buys us time.

I think there would have to be a major issue for GM not to get the job. If he didn't his value as a coach/manager would become huge and therefore the club would miss out and we'd all be slating the board.

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:36 - Feb 23 with 2321 viewsdgt73

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:28 - Feb 23 by ymaohyd

I'm finding all the speculation naïve to be honest. The board have a history of wanting, young upcoming managers - Jackett, Martinez, Rodgers.

The job is Garry Monks.

Maybe it is his job, then again maybe it isn't. I want the right man to be appointed and hopefully that man is G Monk, but there is nothing to gain and everything to lose by appointing GM now, and that's obviously the view of the board.

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:40 - Feb 23 with 2289 viewstomdickharry

He does not have the coaching qualifications required by the Premier League, Premier League rules state that all managers must have their Pro Licence or at least be enrolled on a course.
Should we give Garry the job? on 20:41 - Feb 23 with 2287 viewsicecoldjack

Far too early to say if he is up to the job, the early signs look very promising but there are some things he needs to work on IMO.

Should he keep us up then of course he is in the box seat but i think we need somebody who is very good at technical coaching alongside him .

Maybe that person is already in place (cant think of the guy name ,the head of youth we got ,spanish fella) maybe the two of them are working well enough to get the job full time, but its far too early to say now.

Lets see how he does after the games he is supposed to win .
Should we give Garry the job? on 20:44 - Feb 23 with 2268 viewsdgt73

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:40 - Feb 23 by tomdickharry

He does not have the coaching qualifications required by the Premier League, Premier League rules state that all managers must have their Pro Licence or at least be enrolled on a course.

That would not be a problem at all. After all its just a course and he could do it at the end of the season.

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:44 - Feb 23 with 2266 viewsJackfath

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:40 - Feb 23 by tomdickharry

Is that not easily sorted?

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:49 - Feb 23 with 2239 viewsScoobyWho

Monk has been in the job for about three weeks, are we all sure about this ? Would you sack a manager after three weeks ? Conversely why appoint one after the same period of time ?

I think it was Hollins who said, judge me at the end of the season, no benchamark the bloke was a tw at, but maybe there is some mileage in this for Monk ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:53 - Feb 23 with 2214 viewsJackoBoostardo

We need to have a mentor who will work along side GM and provide useful contacts in order to obtain the players who will provide all we need.

Someone like Joe Kinnear would be a good shout. Or Kenny Daglish. Or Bobby Robson....

We need someone with a great respect for PR and achieving results.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:56 - Feb 23 with 2194 viewsJackfath

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:53 - Feb 23 by JackoBoostardo

We need to have a mentor who will work along side GM and provide useful contacts in order to obtain the players who will provide all we need.

Someone like Joe Kinnear would be a good shout. Or Kenny Daglish. Or Bobby Robson....

We need someone with a great respect for PR and achieving results.

I think Bobby Robson has ruled himself out.

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:57 - Feb 23 with 2177 viewsJackoBoostardo

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:56 - Feb 23 by Jackfath

Graeme Souness or Dave Jones?

Alan Shearer?

And Bobby is still around..... it was all a lie I tell ya to get rid of the publicity.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 20:59]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Should we give Garry the job? on 21:00 - Feb 23 with 2158 viewsScoobyWho

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:56 - Feb 23 by Jackfath

Are you still chasing naked men round your rented flat with frozen asparagus tips ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Should we give Garry the job? on 21:04 - Feb 23 with 2137 viewstomdickharry

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:44 - Feb 23 by dgt73

That would not be a problem at all. After all its just a course and he could do it at the end of the season.

How is he going to get a holiday?
The FA UEFA Pro Licence is the mandatory qualification for all first team managers who wish to work in the Premier League. The course is designed to prepare managers and coaches to work at the elite level of the game in a managerial capacity. (International, Premier League, Football League and the FA Women’s Super League). The course has been designed using a competency based approach and will be delivered in a number of modules over an 18 month period, combining distance learning and club visits to support and enhance the learning. The content will be a mixture of theory and practical based delivery using the latest technology and facilities at St. George’s Park.
Should we give Garry the job? on 21:04 - Feb 23 with 2135 viewsairedale

Come on guys, surely we all know that Joe Kinnear is looking for a job.

Perfect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024