Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fair play to Sheff Utd 13:56 - Mar 9 with 1825 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Always good to see an underdog in the cup, fully deserved, Clough done a really good job there

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 23:34 - Mar 9 with 1719 viewsplymhoop

great to see a team from the 3rd tier make the semis

i can remember chesterfield getting to the semis
and were cheated out by middlesbro

my home town club plymouth argyle got there in 84
as a div 3 club.....but lost to watford

any others anyone can think of?

cooky from plymouth

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 23:45 - Mar 9 with 1708 viewsCamberleyR

Wycombe Wanderers in 2001.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 01:43 - Mar 10 with 1680 viewsFredManRave

Agree with the OP. I've got nothing against Clough, he did a good job at Burton and I think he'd maybe taken Derby as far as he could as results have shown since Schteve took over. And he' now doing a good job at Sheff Utd. 6 weeks ago they were in the bottom 3 and now after, I believe 9 wins on the spin he's got them to an F.A.Cup semi final and just as importantly he's got them out of the relegation zone and actually up into the top half of the league, with the play offs being a posibility.

So yeah, well done and fair play to him and Utd, they're going to Wembley (athough I'll never agree with havings Semis at Wembley...) and with a fair chance of getting to the final.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 04:09 - Mar 10 with 1663 viewsBlackCrowe

They've got the best draw as well to stand a chance of making it to the final. Come on the blades.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 13:46 - Mar 10 with 1566 viewsKonk

As one of only about eighty-four teams who’ve managed to beat us this season, I’m wishing them all the best for the semis. We passed sideways, we passed backwards, and we passed the ball out of play, but still we couldn’t find a way through. The pressure we put them under in the replay was inhumane — they were physically and mentally exhausted, stretched to the very limits of insanity by the relentless bombardment of sideways passing on the edge of our own box. It was as if they had a force field protecting their goal at times. A force field with a range of about fifty yards. Wigan, Hull and Sheff Utd in the semis is exactly why I hate being one of those clubs who fail to see that a bit of glory is possible and what it would mean to the fans, irrespective of what’s happening in the poxy Premier League.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 14:07 - Mar 10 with 1546 viewsimustbemad

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 13:46 - Mar 10 by Konk

As one of only about eighty-four teams who’ve managed to beat us this season, I’m wishing them all the best for the semis. We passed sideways, we passed backwards, and we passed the ball out of play, but still we couldn’t find a way through. The pressure we put them under in the replay was inhumane — they were physically and mentally exhausted, stretched to the very limits of insanity by the relentless bombardment of sideways passing on the edge of our own box. It was as if they had a force field protecting their goal at times. A force field with a range of about fifty yards. Wigan, Hull and Sheff Utd in the semis is exactly why I hate being one of those clubs who fail to see that a bit of glory is possible and what it would mean to the fans, irrespective of what’s happening in the poxy Premier League.

Yep fair play to Sheffield.

Konk - Do you see any hope for Fulham?
Fair play to Sheff Utd on 14:18 - Mar 10 with 1531 viewsKonk

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 14:07 - Mar 10 by imustbemad

Yep fair play to Sheffield.

Konk - Do you see any hope for Fulham?

No. We’re down. There’s some dross in the division, but we genuinely look like the worst of the bunch. When Hodgson came in and saved us, even though we left it until the last minute, you could see that he was tightening things up, and that things were incrementally improving most weeks — we also had key players coming back from injury; Magath has come in and it’s something different every week, after it looked liked Muelensteen might have stumbled upon something a little more robust in our final two games under him. Basically, we’re sh it or average all over the park. We’ve now lost about eight must-win games and I’m struggling to convince myself that we’ll ever win again in any division. I’m a bit depressed about it all. Our defending for Cardiff’s goals doesn’t suggest we have much hope of keeping clean sheets and we certainly don’t look like scoring loads. I seem to say this every week, but if we don’t beat Newcastle at home next week, that’s us done.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 14:23 - Mar 10 with 1526 viewsimustbemad

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 14:18 - Mar 10 by Konk

No. We’re down. There’s some dross in the division, but we genuinely look like the worst of the bunch. When Hodgson came in and saved us, even though we left it until the last minute, you could see that he was tightening things up, and that things were incrementally improving most weeks — we also had key players coming back from injury; Magath has come in and it’s something different every week, after it looked liked Muelensteen might have stumbled upon something a little more robust in our final two games under him. Basically, we’re sh it or average all over the park. We’ve now lost about eight must-win games and I’m struggling to convince myself that we’ll ever win again in any division. I’m a bit depressed about it all. Our defending for Cardiff’s goals doesn’t suggest we have much hope of keeping clean sheets and we certainly don’t look like scoring loads. I seem to say this every week, but if we don’t beat Newcastle at home next week, that’s us done.

Yep agree with that. Your demise is QPR like
Login to get fewer ads

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 14:29 - Mar 10 with 1518 viewsJuzzie

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 23:34 - Mar 9 by plymhoop

great to see a team from the 3rd tier make the semis

i can remember chesterfield getting to the semis
and were cheated out by middlesbro

my home town club plymouth argyle got there in 84
as a div 3 club.....but lost to watford

any others anyone can think of?

To be fair, Chesterfield were cheated by incompetant officials rather than anything Middlesbrough did.
Fair play to Sheff Utd on 16:05 - Mar 10 with 1474 viewsBlackCrowe

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 14:18 - Mar 10 by Konk

"I seem to say this every week, but if we don’t beat Newcastle at home next week, that’s us done. "

god I remember saying that every Sunday for about 2+ months. Horrible slow and painful demise. There ought to be a Dignitas equivalent for doomed clubs.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 20:37 - Mar 10 with 1422 viewsplymhoop

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 14:29 - Mar 10 by Juzzie

To be fair, Chesterfield were cheated by incompetant officials rather than anything Middlesbrough did.

quite right
"cheated out by david elleray" it should say

one of those cup semis that had everthing
amazing game

cooky from plymouth

Fair play to Sheff Utd on 20:44 - Mar 10 with 1415 viewsplymhoop

so
sheff utd
wycombe
chesterfield
plymouth

also