Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? 20:46 - May 11 with 6841 viewsMagicDaps

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 20:52 - May 11 with 5861 viewsPrivate_Partz

'A deal' would have been a better option. A yes from me. A very talented player who likes it here. All we have to do is keep him on top of his game.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 21:32 - May 11 with 5746 viewsChief

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 20:52 - May 11 by Private_Partz

'A deal' would have been a better option. A yes from me. A very talented player who likes it here. All we have to do is keep him on top of his game.

how can anyone answer no to this?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 21:41 - May 11 with 5683 viewsBanosswan

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 21:32 - May 11 by Chief

Redturd probably

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 23:47 - May 11 with 5468 viewsJackoBoostardo

DYSS or one of his negative crew (who'd probably find faults with anyone), or a scummer I'd guess.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 01:12 - May 12 with 5287 viewsJethroJack

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 23:47 - May 11 by JackoBoostardo

DYSS or one of his negative crew (who'd probably find faults with anyone), or a scummer I'd guess.

DYSS & scummer....one and the same.
Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 05:51 - May 12 with 5219 viewsParlay

He looks very good indeed. Something we don't have already, quite a unique player actually.

For free, its a no brainer.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 06:18 - May 12 with 5201 viewsSwansNZ

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 05:51 - May 12 by Parlay

He looks very good indeed. Something we don't have already, quite a unique player actually.

For free, its a no brainer.

He won't be free, he has 1 year left on his Boro contract

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 06:30 - May 12 with 5191 viewsParlay

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 06:18 - May 12 by SwansNZ

He won't be free, he has 1 year left on his Boro contract

Im pretty sure he doesnt.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 06:31 - May 12 with 5189 viewsSwansNZ

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 06:30 - May 12 by Parlay

Im pretty sure he doesnt.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/page/squad/senior/biography/0,,1~43826,00.html

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:07 - May 12 with 5139 viewsParlay

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 06:31 - May 12 by SwansNZ

http://www.mfc.co.uk/page/squad/senior/biography/0,,1~43826,00.html

I was always under the impression it ended this summer. Lots of websites say the same.

Maybe it was a 2 year extension with the option of a 3rd?

[Post edited 12 May 2014 7:09]

Forum celebrity

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:21 - May 12 with 5109 viewsSwansNZ

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:07 - May 12 by Parlay

I was always under the impression it ended this summer. Lots of websites say the same.

Maybe it was a 2 year extension with the option of a 3rd?

[Post edited 12 May 2014 7:09]

The link I sent was from the official Middlesbrough web site, so should be accurate...

"Marvin signed a three-year extension to his contract at the Riverside in 2011, trying him to the club until the summer of 2015."

He had 1 year left on his contract in 2011, and had an extension of 3 years.

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 07:24 - May 12 with 5098 viewsParlay

I guess we will have to wait and see. Im none the wiser, that 3 year extension could well be 2 with an option of a 3rd.

If not then they couldn't realistically demand much for someone not even in their side with contract issues.

Forum celebrity

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 08:34 - May 12 with 4945 viewsBaptist

I don't want to put a downer on anything but Boro fans I know are not massively enamoured of him. Seems that the remarkable effort and endeavour he has put in for us has not been a commonplace marker of his game for some time. Sign of things to come perhaps ?

Anyway, great goal yesterday. Cannot deny it..
Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 08:53 - May 12 with 4903 viewsWhiterockin

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 08:34 - May 12 by Baptist

I don't want to put a downer on anything but Boro fans I know are not massively enamoured of him. Seems that the remarkable effort and endeavour he has put in for us has not been a commonplace marker of his game for some time. Sign of things to come perhaps ?

Possibly the same could be said by many of our fans about KI.
Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 08:53 - May 12 with 4902 viewsParlay

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 08:34 - May 12 by Baptist

I think thats common knowledge. There is something about him that fits with us.

Britton was rubbish for Sheff Utd too. Some players only seem to click with one club. Robbie Fowler is another.

He seems to love it here.

Forum celebrity

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 09:22 - May 12 with 4838 viewsjaf69

I have to be honest I thought signing emnes smacked of desperation (and a little obsession) but to be fair he has done well for us. id prefer if we could sign players of a higher ilk, however I wont be too upset if we do bring emnes here on a permanent deal after his performances since January.
well done marvin you proved me wrong.
Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 09:31 - May 12 with 4809 viewsItchySphincter

Warwick? O'Boogs? Who knows. The question is a good one and if the answer is 'no' then you have to wonder what a player has to do to earn a bit of credit.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 11:13 - May 12 with 4733 viewsDrizzy

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 09:31 - May 12 by ItchySphincter

Warwick? O'Boogs? Who knows. The question is a good one and if the answer is 'no' then you have to wonder what a player has to do to earn a bit of credit.

Have a Spanish U21 cap and a name ending in a vowel.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 11:34 - May 12 with 4689 viewsQuakerJack

His understanding with Wilf is brilliant. Sign him on

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 12:03 - May 12 with 4635 viewsFlashberryjack

I must admit I wasn't to happy when I heard we were taking Emnes on loan.
But happy to be proved wrong.....again. And I go along with the majority on here, good player, suits our style, and importantly, he wants to be here........Big yes from me.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 13:39 - May 12 with 4496 viewsCatullus

I answered no, but to the specific question!

I'd give him a deal but only a year with an option to extend if he does well. Reading between the lines, if we give him a 3 year deal, he might stop trying. Which is what a few Boro fans accused him of, not trying.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 17:14 - May 12 with 4374 viewsOldjack

A very dangerous player and strives on the limelight ,sign him up Huw

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 18:00 - May 12 with 4310 viewsDull1Thomas

wasn't happy when he came back but he has earned a place. While he won't get 20 + goals Michu got last year, I doubt Michu will again, and given Michu & Bony both need to be number 1, Emnes could be a real 'find'.
1) His play with Bomy has been really exciting.
2) Quicker and more direct than JdG
3) More of a presence than Pablo
4) Works harder than Ki.

if Jonjo is happy to drop back alongside / just ahead of Britton we might have solved the midfield / AM position for next season.

(just a goalie, right back, winger and back up for Ben, back up for new right back, back up for Bony which could be Emnes, Back up / apprentice for Leon)

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 18:09 - May 12 with 4288 viewsJackoBoostardo

To be fair to Emnes - he's brought a speed to the team we've been lacking recently. He's a constant attacking threat and working very well with Bony.

If we keep Michu and he comes back to full speed, then the three of them will be scary as fuk to the opposition. For now however, Emnes and Bony is a very effective attacking force with Routledge, Dyer and Hernandez on the wings.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 19:25 - May 12 with 4205 viewsDavillin

Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal? on 12:03 - May 12 by Flashberryjack

I must admit I wasn't to happy when I heard we were taking Emnes on loan.
But happy to be proved wrong.....again. And I go along with the majority on here, good player, suits our style, and importantly, he wants to be here........Big yes from me.

"Suits our style" and "he wants to be here" are probably the reason he does well with us and didn't do well with Boro.

I agree with all of the positive statements about him above.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024