Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Prices 14:22 - May 29 with 22647 viewstherealmorris

Details for 2014/15 season tickets are up

http://www.myqpr.co.uk/prices

[Post edited 29 May 2014 14:24]
Season Ticket Prices on 17:44 - May 29 with 2436 viewsDevonWhite

Season Ticket Prices on 17:33 - May 29 by daveB

what were people expecting? I'm surprised by the reaction

Was not expecting a 33% rise (62% if you take into account the fewer games) coming just days after TF had said that we'd be pleased with the pricing.

Is anybody pleased with it? Some seem to be accepting of it. Some are livid. Is anyone genuinely happy at these huge rises?
Season Ticket Prices on 17:54 - May 29 with 2405 viewssaxbend

Yes it's a rise but the club's options are limited by the capacity of Loftus Road and as I expected them to add two years' worth of inflation it could have been a lot worse. That said I sit in silver. I wouldn't like to be paying gold prices. On the other hand those prices are there to offset the very generous u8s go free and very cheap u16 tickets. And as someone who was evicted to make way for that the one thing I won't accept is people moaning about gold prices for families when they can get a great deal in the lower loft. Individual adults pay gold prices so that it's affordable for families. That is fair and admirable, and it's insulting to evicted adult groups and to the burden bearing gold section individuals for families to complain when the whole thing is set up to benefit them.

And to those who won't be renewing, do yourselves a favour and at least get a membership to avoid being the one who can't get that really high demand ticket despite being a long term loyal fan.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:55 - May 29 with 2396 viewsHunterhoop

Season Ticket Prices on 17:33 - May 29 by daveB

what were people expecting? I'm surprised by the reaction

I was expecting a £499. So a £50 rise on this year.

Perfectly reasonable.

I love that fact that you engage in discussions on the premise you simply can't understand the positions of others. I have my view on things, but it doesn't stop me considering or understanding different opinions. Doesn't mean I agree with them, but it's just polite and part and parcel of having a discussion. This "but what did you expect line" is just strange. It's not exactly difficult to consider what others may have expected. Surely you can work that out for yourself?
[Post edited 29 May 2014 18:11]
Season Ticket Prices on 17:57 - May 29 with 2385 views08olesen

Season Ticket Prices on 16:17 - May 29 by EalingHoop81

Quite surprised by the responses on this thread.

A) When Tony took over he reduced the prices. There were complaints then because it was only in the form of a gift voucher at the club shop (£50 I think)

B) he honoured that reduction by takin the £50 off the season tickets the following year.

C) We get relegated and they reduce the price of the tickets.

D) we get promoted and oh they increase the price of the tickets.

What on earth is the surprise!? That debt that Tony and co are owed isn't going to be reduced by letting everyone in for free.

We will sell out our season ticket allocation and be full every week. He could charge another £100 a ticket and still they will come. He hasn't, what he has done is put his money where is mouth is and try to do absolutely everything we could possibly ask any Chairman of this club to has done..... as still we're not happy.

Jus out of interest, no one seemed to complain about the price of getting to the two play off games. Combined spend of £80 to £90? When we play Chelsea at Loftus Road there will be thousands of people asking for tickets and complaining that they can't get them etc.

Oh and you can sell the games easily on Viagogo which probably reduces the cost if you sell the right games.

Wonder what we can complain about tomorrow, perhaps that we haven't signed Messi or Ronaldo.

Very good post. I said a similar thing the other day and got called a C*nt.

As i said before it would have been nice for them to knock a bit of for the loyal fans, but compared to other clubs in London its about average and a lot cheaper than the top clubs.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Season Ticket Prices on 17:57 - May 29 with 2381 viewsHunterhoop

Season Ticket Prices on 17:54 - May 29 by saxbend

Yes it's a rise but the club's options are limited by the capacity of Loftus Road and as I expected them to add two years' worth of inflation it could have been a lot worse. That said I sit in silver. I wouldn't like to be paying gold prices. On the other hand those prices are there to offset the very generous u8s go free and very cheap u16 tickets. And as someone who was evicted to make way for that the one thing I won't accept is people moaning about gold prices for families when they can get a great deal in the lower loft. Individual adults pay gold prices so that it's affordable for families. That is fair and admirable, and it's insulting to evicted adult groups and to the burden bearing gold section individuals for families to complain when the whole thing is set up to benefit them.

And to those who won't be renewing, do yourselves a favour and at least get a membership to avoid being the one who can't get that really high demand ticket despite being a long term loyal fan.

Like I said £100 less per ticket is c. £1m less in revenue.

We'll turn over £70-80m next season with a wage bill of c. £40m.

The difference of £100 per ST is small fry compared to sponsorship, TV money, salaries, etc, etc, and it's still an increase on revenue from this stream this year. In fact, it could have encouraged significantly increase ST numbers.

Take the short term money or build on the recent momentum and grow the fanbase....
Season Ticket Prices on 17:59 - May 29 with 2371 viewsnadera78

In 2012/13 I paid just over GBP600 for my season ticket. That's the renewal price, not a new ticket price. The difference is key.
In 2013/14 I paid GBP519 for my season ticket. That's for Championship football.
In 2014/15 I'm expected to pay GBP709 for my season ticket.

How is that a price freeze? Simple answer is, it's a price freeze compared to new season ticket prices in 2012/13 not the renewal price in 2012/13. Their claim of a price freeze might technically be right, but only for the small number of people who bought a new season ticket in 2012/13 and are renewing now. It's not in any way correct for someone who was renewing in 2012/13 and is again renewing now. It's just downright deceitful.

They want me to pay an extra GBP200 this season, for 3 less games? What a fantastic display of loyalty from the club. No thanks, I'm drawing a line here.
[Post edited 29 May 2014 18:00]
Season Ticket Prices on 18:00 - May 29 with 2353 viewsHunterhoop

Season Ticket Prices on 17:57 - May 29 by 08olesen

Very good post. I said a similar thing the other day and got called a C*nt.

As i said before it would have been nice for them to knock a bit of for the loyal fans, but compared to other clubs in London its about average and a lot cheaper than the top clubs.

It's more significantly more expensive than Palace and Fulham (last year). In what way is it average?

We can't compare ourselves to Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. (not sure what West Ham prices are).

edit: will I renew, probably. Not sure. But I'm single with a decent wage and can probably afford it without too much of a stretch. Others will struggle. I just disagree with it from a purely financial and strategic perspective. I think it's very short sighted.
Season Ticket Prices (n/t) on 18:02 - May 29 with 2346 viewsthame_hoops

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:55 - May 29 by Hunterhoop

Perfectly reasonable.

I love that fact that you engage in discussions on the premise you simply can't understand the positions of others. I have my view on things, but it doesn't stop me considering or understanding different opinions. Doesn't mean I agree with them, but it's just polite and part and parcel of having a discussion. This "but what did you expect line" is just strange. It's not exactly difficult to consider what others may have expected. Surely you can work that out for yourself?

[Post edited 29 May 2014 18:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Prices on 18:04 - May 29 with 2328 viewsHunterhoop

Season Ticket Prices on 17:59 - May 29 by nadera78

In 2012/13 I paid just over GBP600 for my season ticket. That's the renewal price, not a new ticket price. The difference is key.
In 2013/14 I paid GBP519 for my season ticket. That's for Championship football.

How is that a price freeze? Simple answer is, it's a price freeze compared to new season ticket prices in 2012/13 not the renewal price in 2012/13. Their claim of a price freeze might technically be right, but only for the small number of people who bought a new season ticket in 2012/13 and are renewing now. It's not in any way correct for someone who was renewing in 2012/13 and is again renewing now. It's just downright deceitful.

They want me to pay an extra GBP200 this season, for 3 less games? What a fantastic display of loyalty from the club. No thanks, I'm drawing a line here.

Ah, bugger! Nadera, you're deductive powers went one stage further than me!! I trusted that £599 was what I paid in 2012/13, but you're right, it was £549.

Chalk up another reason why this is wrong.

For renewing STs this is a £50 increase on 2012/13 or 9% if you will. Correct me if I'm wrong but inflation has run at 1.6% for the last 12 months (give or take), so for the last two years, maybe it's 3-4%. 9%...lovely.

Personally, there's very little about this that I think can be justified.
Season Ticket Prices on 18:25 - May 29 with 2263 viewsted_hendrix

I'll be re-newing as I think it's a reasonable and to be expected rise.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Season Ticket Prices on 18:29 - May 29 with 2240 viewsthemodfather

we KNEW prices would go up for the prem, i thought gold maybe £699
so £709 just pips it.
i reckon it at £37 per game.

i haven't checked any other clubs to compare....no fulham to cross ref with, likely palace will be "Like"?
Season Ticket Prices on 18:37 - May 29 with 2206 viewsDevonWhite

Season Ticket Prices on 18:29 - May 29 by themodfather

we KNEW prices would go up for the prem, i thought gold maybe £699
so £709 just pips it.
i reckon it at £37 per game.

i haven't checked any other clubs to compare....no fulham to cross ref with, likely palace will be "Like"?

Palace early bird renewals were £420-500.
Season Ticket Prices on 18:47 - May 29 with 2164 viewsEalingHoop81

Season Ticket Prices on 18:04 - May 29 by Hunterhoop

Ah, bugger! Nadera, you're deductive powers went one stage further than me!! I trusted that £599 was what I paid in 2012/13, but you're right, it was £549.

Chalk up another reason why this is wrong.

For renewing STs this is a £50 increase on 2012/13 or 9% if you will. Correct me if I'm wrong but inflation has run at 1.6% for the last 12 months (give or take), so for the last two years, maybe it's 3-4%. 9%...lovely.

Personally, there's very little about this that I think can be justified.

Perhaps I am mis-remembering the costs but my memory for a seat in the silver category is as follows all based on renewals:

2011/12 - £649 reduced by the £50 voucher following the takeover.
2012/13 - £599
2013/14 - £449
2014/15 - £599

Could be wrong but I don't remember paying £549 in 2012/13 to renew so don't see the £50 difference?
Season Ticket Prices on 18:54 - May 29 with 2139 viewsEalingHoop81

Season Ticket Prices on 18:47 - May 29 by EalingHoop81

Perhaps I am mis-remembering the costs but my memory for a seat in the silver category is as follows all based on renewals:

2012/13 - £599
2013/14 - £449
2014/15 - £599

Could be wrong but I don't remember paying £549 in 2012/13 to renew so don't see the £50 difference?

In fact if it was £549 in 12/13 then the reduction last year was only £100 which would have been bl00dy criminal after that season and I am sure it was a hefty reduction in fact the same hefty addition this year.

While I think of it I'm not sure what anyone can possibly complain because we've all been season ticket holders since Adam was a lad and have therefore paid these prices for 2 out of the past 3 year! :-)

I also seem to remember the prices not being reduced in 95/96 because we got more games !!!
Season Ticket Prices on 18:56 - May 29 with 2132 viewselnombre

Season Ticket Prices on 17:59 - May 29 by nadera78

I think you are mistaken, the renewal price in 2012/13 was 709, assuming that, as for myself, you are talking about Gold.

Comparing like-for-like, that is a price freeze in my book?
Season Ticket Prices on 18:59 - May 29 with 2115 viewsnadera78

Season Ticket Prices on 18:47 - May 29 by EalingHoop81

2012/13 - £599
2013/14 - £449
2014/15 - £599

I'm going to have to check but my memory of it is that Gold tickets were GBP650.
[Post edited 29 May 2014 19:02]
Season Ticket Prices on 19:11 - May 29 with 2078 viewsHunterhoop

Season Ticket Prices on 18:59 - May 29 by nadera78

I'm going to have to check but my memory of it is that Gold tickets were GBP650.
[Post edited 29 May 2014 19:02]

I've just checked and you're wrong, nadera. Sorry, old bean.

Ealing, squire, I take it back. I paid £599 for silver on 24/06/12.

It is a price freeze from 2012/13. My point around increases YoY from this season still stands though. Still feel it's too much and unnecessary. Still feel it's short term thinking and poor strategic thinking. Opportunity missed for the club in my book.

Luckily, being single (ie. no kids, etc), I can still afford to renew? Will I, not sure yet, to be honest. I'm tempted by the mix and match away day approach, but we'll see.
Season Ticket Prices on 19:13 - May 29 with 2073 viewsNW5Hoop

Season Ticket Prices on 17:13 - May 29 by stowmarketrange

Are the facilities much better at Spurs and West ham than ours?
I couldn't even get to the toilets at HT there 2 seasons ago.

Left West Ham out. Facilities for home fans are better everywhere though. Come on! Loftus Road, beloved though it is, is a hellhole!
Season Ticket Prices on 19:23 - May 29 with 2035 viewsTrance_Trousers

I`m in. Perfectly reasonable prices, but i will lump some high salary earners into any future "Transfer target" threads, as is my right.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Season Ticket Prices on 19:26 - May 29 with 2030 viewsnadera78

Season Ticket Prices on 19:11 - May 29 by Hunterhoop

I've just checked and you're wrong, nadera. Sorry, old bean.

Ealing, squire, I take it back. I paid £599 for silver on 24/06/12.

It is a price freeze from 2012/13. My point around increases YoY from this season still stands though. Still feel it's too much and unnecessary. Still feel it's short term thinking and poor strategic thinking. Opportunity missed for the club in my book.

Luckily, being single (ie. no kids, etc), I can still afford to renew? Will I, not sure yet, to be honest. I'm tempted by the mix and match away day approach, but we'll see.

Fair does. Still too expensive though.
Season Ticket Prices on 19:45 - May 29 with 1981 viewsQPR_John

Season Ticket Prices on 17:57 - May 29 by Hunterhoop

Like I said £100 less per ticket is c. £1m less in revenue.

We'll turn over £70-80m next season with a wage bill of c. £40m.

The difference of £100 per ST is small fry compared to sponsorship, TV money, salaries, etc, etc, and it's still an increase on revenue from this stream this year. In fact, it could have encouraged significantly increase ST numbers.

Take the short term money or build on the recent momentum and grow the fanbase....

"it could have encouraged significantly increase ST numbers. "

Really to what level 1800 have to be left for away supporters, leaves 16200 what do you think of that should be allocated for people who cannot afford a season ticket even at current prices. Then there is the restricted view, who would want a season ticket there. So how much is left to accommodate this significant increase.
Season Ticket Prices on 20:06 - May 29 with 1817 viewsHunterhoop

Season Ticket Prices on 19:45 - May 29 by QPR_John

"it could have encouraged significantly increase ST numbers. "

Really to what level 1800 have to be left for away supporters, leaves 16200 what do you think of that should be allocated for people who cannot afford a season ticket even at current prices. Then there is the restricted view, who would want a season ticket there. So how much is left to accommodate this significant increase.

Seems a bit pedantic...
How about a 25% increase (2k) or a 40% increase (4k). That's doable we had somewhere between those numbers when we were in League 1 above what we have now.

I count that as a significant increase. But yeah, it's not 30k, etc.
Season Ticket Prices on 20:27 - May 29 with 1774 viewsQPR_John

Season Ticket Prices on 20:06 - May 29 by Hunterhoop

Seems a bit pedantic...
How about a 25% increase (2k) or a 40% increase (4k). That's doable we had somewhere between those numbers when we were in League 1 above what we have now.

I count that as a significant increase. But yeah, it's not 30k, etc.

That's the trouble with percentages they do not always give the whole picture. Clearly 25% does appear significant but 2K when we are talking about the extra income not really significant
Season Ticket Prices on 20:34 - May 29 with 1756 viewsRanger78

It's no more than I expected but I think it's very wrong that this years ST holders don't get a Better deal ( I'm not one by the way, I only brought a Membership this season).

I also think its fair to point out just how bad our stadium is... The facilities are desperate. I know that the Premier League is premium and we're in London but I think the Stadium should be reflected in a slightly lower cost.

I'll be sticking to my membership until we get a new stadium, at that point, I fully expect to pay top whack
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:43 - May 29 with 1737 viewsdaveB

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:55 - May 29 by Hunterhoop

Perfectly reasonable.

I was just interested in what people expected from st prices so I could understand the position of others. I can guess at what people wanted which would be to pay less or not much more but was just interested to find out, hope thats ok by you. We can't all be as perfect as yourself and understand everything without asking.

Yes it's less games but policing costs go up, wages go up etc they have to pay for it somehow and have to at least show they are trying to stop the losses at the club. it's still cheaper than it was in the prem under Flavio. I think mine works out around 31 quid a ticket for the prem, thats cheaper than the away games will be

For me you have your Championship prices which we paid this year and your prem prices we had the year before and we've gone back to that, if it had gone higher than the 12/13 season I'd have been fuming but as it is I think this is about right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024