Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy 23:07 - Jul 18 with 14550 viewshoopstilidie

To Liverpool on a 5 year deal according to Italian sports reporters.

Gutted if that goes through.

He'll be worth £30m inside a year.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Remy on 19:01 - Jul 19 with 2236 viewsthemodfather

these sodding clauses! to think mccormack is worth £11m and remy, who's top class is a mere £8m + ??????
i can't see him not signing for the mickey mousers.
Remy on 19:03 - Jul 19 with 2232 viewsthame_hoops

How can Liverpool refuse to sell Suarez to arsenal last year when they met the release clause yet they match Remy's and we sell?
Remy on 19:57 - Jul 19 with 2145 viewsWadR

Remy on 19:03 - Jul 19 by thame_hoops

How can Liverpool refuse to sell Suarez to arsenal last year when they met the release clause yet they match Remy's and we sell?

Apparently Suarez's clause was bids of £40m+ would allow clubs to speak to him, but still meant Liverpool could reject any bid. I think Bryson's reputed £750k clause was a similar thing. Which all sounds like b0llocks to me.
Remy on 20:56 - Jul 19 with 2061 viewsCHUBBS

Liverpool probably didn't get the bargain some think.
The reason Arsenal and Spurs dropped out was probably due to the ridiculous signing on fee that Remy's agent was demanding.
Great signing for them who will fit into their style of play perfectly.
Once again we've come up short financially,same old same old.
Remy on 21:19 - Jul 19 with 1999 viewsNorthernr

Remy on 20:56 - Jul 19 by CHUBBS

Liverpool probably didn't get the bargain some think.
The reason Arsenal and Spurs dropped out was probably due to the ridiculous signing on fee that Remy's agent was demanding.
Great signing for them who will fit into their style of play perfectly.
Once again we've come up short financially,same old same old.

Well the market is bloody stupid isn't it? Remy has proven he can score goals at this level in two abysmal sides - you couldn't really wish for a more difficult proving ground than QPR 2012/13 and Newcastle 2013/14.

In a market where Borini is worth £14m, Jake Livermore is worth £8m, Adam Lallana is worth £25m and so on then unless Remy's agent is asking for a signing on fee of £15m than I think Liverpool have done some great business. I'm amazed Arsenal haven't been all over him, he's ideal. Spurs are crying out for a player just like him.
Remy on 21:38 - Jul 19 with 1964 viewsCHUBBS

Remy on 21:19 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Well the market is bloody stupid isn't it? Remy has proven he can score goals at this level in two abysmal sides - you couldn't really wish for a more difficult proving ground than QPR 2012/13 and Newcastle 2013/14.

In a market where Borini is worth £14m, Jake Livermore is worth £8m, Adam Lallana is worth £25m and so on then unless Remy's agent is asking for a signing on fee of £15m than I think Liverpool have done some great business. I'm amazed Arsenal haven't been all over him, he's ideal. Spurs are crying out for a player just like him.

Yeah its still good business but i was just highlighting the probability of a large signing on fee etc increasing their final outlay.
He'll score 20+ goals for them this season and will be brilliant because he's simply class.
We have no business signing players with contracts laced with ridiculous clauses like that.
Signing a player who was clearly just using us as a stepping stone just lowers our image even further if thats possible.
In all probability its a similar contract Caulkers agent has put together and if thats the case i'll be glad to see him go else where.
Remy on 21:40 - Jul 19 with 1952 viewsNorthernr

Remy on 21:38 - Jul 19 by CHUBBS

Yeah its still good business but i was just highlighting the probability of a large signing on fee etc increasing their final outlay.
He'll score 20+ goals for them this season and will be brilliant because he's simply class.
We have no business signing players with contracts laced with ridiculous clauses like that.
Signing a player who was clearly just using us as a stepping stone just lowers our image even further if thats possible.
In all probability its a similar contract Caulkers agent has put together and if thats the case i'll be glad to see him go else where.

I just think we have to appreciate what a uniquely horrendous position we were in when Remy signed. We were smashing Premier League records for losing runs, length of time without a win etc left right and centre.
Remy on 21:43 - Jul 19 with 1936 viewsPommyhoop

Remy on 21:40 - Jul 19 by Northernr

I just think we have to appreciate what a uniquely horrendous position we were in when Remy signed. We were smashing Premier League records for losing runs, length of time without a win etc left right and centre.

Lucky Scouse B"stards !!!

ATAF!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Remy on 21:47 - Jul 19 with 1930 viewsCHUBBS

Remy on 21:40 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Indeed but we have no excuse for that anymore so i expect us to start signing players who see their long term futures at our club.
I won't hold my breath though!
Remy on 21:48 - Jul 19 with 1925 viewsted_hendrix

I could have throttled Remy when he missed that penalty at Fulham.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Remy on 06:57 - Jul 20 with 1802 viewsdaveB

I always thought it was a certainty that one of Liverpool or Arsenal would come in for him with that clause, a bargain for either of them. Frustrating to see him go at that price when lesser players go for more but lets face it he would never have joined us without that clause put in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024