Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tonights game kids for a £1 08:00 - Aug 12 with 2031 viewsupthedale89

taking my two nephews to the game tonight but have just read that you had to purchase the £1 kids tickets before 5pm yesterday.

sillly me 8-(
tonights game kids for a £1 on 13:25 - Aug 12 with 1894 views100notout

We don't half make things fookin difficult.

Why 5pm yesterday?

One for Mr Angry to take up with the club

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

tonights game kids for a £1 on 13:30 - Aug 12 with 1880 viewsolympicdale

And we wonder why our crowds won't ever increase. We have these good ideas, but they're always half arsed in their application, whats so wrong with leaving it until kick off.

Life is a game of fate.

tonights game kids for a £1 on 13:32 - Aug 12 with 1874 viewsValleySaddler

Don't think this as anything to do with Dale.
Its a promotion set by sponsors Capital One and they have decided the conditions.....
tonights game kids for a £1 on 14:10 - Aug 12 with 1836 viewsisitme

tonights game kids for a £1 on 13:32 - Aug 12 by ValleySaddler

Don't think this as anything to do with Dale.
Its a promotion set by sponsors Capital One and they have decided the conditions.....

The deadline is nothing to do with the club, but Capital One. I suspect that they are subsidising the promotion and will need figures from clubs by a set time? Yes why couldn't this be up to kick off? Ask Capital One.

This promotion has been on the official website for weeks. In this instance it is not the club's fault.
tonights game kids for a £1 on 14:36 - Aug 12 with 1795 viewsTVOS1907

tonights game kids for a £1 on 14:10 - Aug 12 by isitme

The deadline is nothing to do with the club, but Capital One. I suspect that they are subsidising the promotion and will need figures from clubs by a set time? Yes why couldn't this be up to kick off? Ask Capital One.

This promotion has been on the official website for weeks. In this instance it is not the club's fault.

It's actually been promoted for almost two months and we've had four home games in the meantime.

Some clubs seem to still be doing it today, from trawling the web, although I suspect that's got more to do with having larger ticket offices and more staff.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tonights game kids for a £1 on 17:26 - Aug 12 with 1660 viewsoff2div1

easy for people living in spotland not much use if your an Exile
tonights game kids for a £1 on 17:36 - Aug 12 with 1644 viewsisitme

tonights game kids for a £1 on 17:26 - Aug 12 by off2div1

easy for people living in spotland not much use if your an Exile

Exiles can phone the ticket office and collect them on the night or if you/anyone had posted on here that they wanted some kids tickets someone would have helped you out.
tonights game kids for a £1 on 19:25 - Aug 12 with 1557 viewspioneer

Missing the point - do we want money off people who might not be able or willing to commit to attending until the day of the game or would we rather manage without their money/voices/support. Except for a hard core 2000 or so who are already attending this (and every other) game we need to welcome with open arms others who may not have the same commitment (yet?). Telling them they have had ample opportunity to take advantage of the offer seems counter productive. Id move the kick off 20 minutes if it meant we'd get another 100 people in.

As someone said in an earlier post there always seems to be barriers or conditions to what have the potential to be good offers
Login to get fewer ads

tonights game kids for a £1 on 19:41 - Aug 12 with 1533 viewsashes

tonights game kids for a £1 on 19:25 - Aug 12 by pioneer

Missing the point - do we want money off people who might not be able or willing to commit to attending until the day of the game or would we rather manage without their money/voices/support. Except for a hard core 2000 or so who are already attending this (and every other) game we need to welcome with open arms others who may not have the same commitment (yet?). Telling them they have had ample opportunity to take advantage of the offer seems counter productive. Id move the kick off 20 minutes if it meant we'd get another 100 people in.

As someone said in an earlier post there always seems to be barriers or conditions to what have the potential to be good offers

Arrived and enquired about kid for a quid deal. Met with a steward pointing to a sign and saying "that says five!". How not to win friends and influence people!
tonights game kids for a £1 on 22:02 - Aug 12 with 1466 viewsColDale

tonights game kids for a £1 on 19:41 - Aug 12 by ashes

Arrived and enquired about kid for a quid deal. Met with a steward pointing to a sign and saying "that says five!". How not to win friends and influence people!

Whilst if it was up to me it'd have been up to kick off, hasn't every single article thats mentioned the £1 quid deal also mentioned it had to be bought on the Monday? If someone had read about the £1 deal, surely they'd have read about it having to be bought by 5pm on Monday.
tonights game kids for a £1 on 22:10 - Aug 12 with 1426 viewspioneer

Yes, and they probably said I wont bother going then.

Lets stop blaming the (potential) customer when they are not enticed by the restrictions on the marketing campaigns.
tonights game kids for a £1 on 22:11 - Aug 12 with 1419 viewsisitme

tonights game kids for a £1 on 22:10 - Aug 12 by pioneer

Yes, and they probably said I wont bother going then.

Lets stop blaming the (potential) customer when they are not enticed by the restrictions on the marketing campaigns.

Complain to Capital One then.
tonights game kids for a £1 on 22:23 - Aug 12 with 1378 views442Dale

tonights game kids for a £1 on 22:11 - Aug 12 by isitme

Complain to Capital One then.

Did they insist they couldn't be sold on a matchday?

The promotion of this was good, but it's a genuine question because if they could have been sold on match day, then they should have been. If not, there are no improvements that could have been made.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tonights game kids for a £1 on 22:26 - Aug 12 with 1368 viewsisitme

It said in the terms and conditions on their website (there was a link in the last article about the promotion on our website) that tickets had to be bought by 5 pm Monday.
tonights game kids for a £1 on 22:27 - Aug 12 with 1359 views442Dale

tonights game kids for a £1 on 22:26 - Aug 12 by isitme

It said in the terms and conditions on their website (there was a link in the last article about the promotion on our website) that tickets had to be bought by 5 pm Monday.

There we go then. Nothing wrong with suggesting improvements, but sometimes hands are tied. Dale promoted this very well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tonights game kids for a £1 on 22:35 - Aug 12 with 1325 viewspioneer

were any other clubs continuing to sell at a quid today?

Seems to me that Capital One or whoever may have restricted their subsidy to tickets sold before the day of the game but that doesnt stop clubs extending the offer (at their own cost) to the day of the game.
tonights game kids for a £1 on 23:47 - Aug 12 with 1266 viewsoff2div1

tonights game kids for a £1 on 22:35 - Aug 12 by pioneer

were any other clubs continuing to sell at a quid today?

Seems to me that Capital One or whoever may have restricted their subsidy to tickets sold before the day of the game but that doesnt stop clubs extending the offer (at their own cost) to the day of the game.

Still came with 2 kids and paid the extra £8 will try ringing if there is another offer.Bet it will be for anyware but the Sandy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024