Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling 06:27 - Sep 6 with 5209 viewsPhil_S

The latest 20 names on the Robbie James Wall of Fame will have their plaques unveiled two weeks today prior to the Southampton game - all are welcome to attend the ceremony in front of the wall which will be around 12.30/1.00 (Watch this space)

A large number of the people involved (or family representatives of them) will be in attendance

--
Danny Bartley 1973 - 1980 199 appearances 8 goals

Dave Bruton 1973 - 1978 194 appearances 19 goals

Roy Evans 1960 - 1968 214 appearances 7 goals

Jimmy Hadziabdic 1980 - 1983 89 appearances 1 goal

Mark Harris 1989 - 1995 228 appearances 14 goals

Brian Hughes 1956 - 1966, 1969 231 appearances 7 goals

Barrie Jones 1959 - 1964 166 appearances 23 goals

Michael Hughes 1983 - 1988 139 appearances

Johnny King 1951 - 1963 363 appearances

Andrew Melville 1985 - 1990 175 appearances 23 goals

Tony Millington 1969 - 1974 178 appearances

Colin Pascoe 1983 - 1988, 1992 270 appearances 54 goals

Dai Thomas 1948 - 1961 296 appearances 14 goals

Keith Todd 1959 - 1968 198 appearances 78 goals

Alan Waddle 1978 - 1980, 1985 - 1986, 127 appearances 43 goals

Colin Webster 1958 - 1963 157 appearances 66 goals

Ante Rajkovic 1978 - 1983,1984 80 appearances 2 goals

Lachlan McPherson 1924 - 1929 199 appearances 28 goals

Roberto Martinez 2003 - 2006 122 appearances 4 goals

Alan Tate 2002 -2003, 2004 - 293 appearances 5 goals
--
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 07:07 - Sep 6 with 2988 viewsowainglyndwr

Unbelievable only yesterday I was looking at them.
Keith Todd is a family member
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 08:58 - Sep 6 with 2892 viewsWarwickHunt

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 07:07 - Sep 6 by owainglyndwr

Unbelievable only yesterday I was looking at them.
Keith Todd is a family member

Great player and a lovely bloke.
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 08:59 - Sep 6 with 2880 viewsJackfath

He do these chaps get chosen to go onto the wall? Is there a set criteria which they have to qualify (other than they played for SCFC)?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 09:04 - Sep 6 with 2872 viewsWarwickHunt

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 08:59 - Sep 6 by Jackfath

He do these chaps get chosen to go onto the wall? Is there a set criteria which they have to qualify (other than they played for SCFC)?

It's random - ask Steve Jenkins...
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 09:05 - Sep 6 with 2863 viewsJackfath

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 09:04 - Sep 6 by WarwickHunt

It's random - ask Steve Jenkins...

There must be a process. Surely? A committee? A poll somewhere?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 09:15 - Sep 6 with 2854 viewsbluenile

I was startled to see that numpty Dai Thomas up there.................then realised it was a different player from 1948!! Phew!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 09:50 - Sep 6 with 2815 viewsepaul

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 09:15 - Sep 6 by bluenile

I was startled to see that numpty Dai Thomas up there.................then realised it was a different player from 1948!! Phew!

I did look twice too

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 10:28 - Sep 6 with 2773 viewsScoobyWho

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 08:59 - Sep 6 by Jackfath

I think everyone will be on it eventually because some are hardly worth mentioning at all.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 10:43 - Sep 6 with 2746 viewsPrivate_Partz

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 10:28 - Sep 6 by ScoobyWho

I think everyone will be on it eventually because some are hardly worth mentioning at all.

Dave Bruton and Danny Bartley are top blokes. They used to join us Sunday lunchtime up The Dunvant for our booze up (orange juices of course for them!).
I can always remember Dave saying that they had been in the studio recording a football song and actually it was very good ;-)
Only swans players I have even spoken to regularly other than Martin Pass who never made it past an apprenticeship. Very skilful player all the same.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 11:37 - Sep 6 with 2704 viewsTrundle10

Twenty inductees per year does seem bit much. i dare say they are all deserving in their own way but there will be no wall space if they keep it up at this rate!!
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 13:23 - Sep 6 with 2628 viewsKennedy

If there is going to only 40 names does seem a bit of a rush to get them up
These are a shoe in

Britton
Monk
Rangel
Williams
Rodgers

Then as some people are up there for not the long service but the impact they made on our team.

Maybe

Sinclair
Scotland
Laudrup?
Michu?

Just call me JFK

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 13:54 - Sep 6 with 2600 viewsPhil_S

Its a committee and as mentioned before it will end up being 100 names in total

This batch will take the current number to 60

And for reiteration there is no particular order to their induction hence why there are some very notable absentees to date
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:05 - Sep 6 with 2591 viewsthejack1912

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 13:23 - Sep 6 by Kennedy

If there is going to only 40 names does seem a bit of a rush to get them up
These are a shoe in

Britton
Monk
Rangel
Williams
Rodgers

Then as some people are up there for not the long service but the impact they made on our team.

Maybe

Sinclair
Scotland
Laudrup?
Michu?

If Michu is going up there for one season then Nathan Dyer should be up on that wall as well

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:21 - Sep 6 with 2569 viewsJackfath

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 13:54 - Sep 6 by Phil_S

Its a committee and as mentioned before it will end up being 100 names in total

This batch will take the current number to 60

And for reiteration there is no particular order to their induction hence why there are some very notable absentees to date

Thanks for the info.

Who is on the committee?

What happens when the 100 is reached and someone becomes worthy of being inducted?

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:33 - Sep 6 with 2559 viewsPhil_S

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:21 - Sep 6 by Jackfath

Thanks for the info.

Who is on the committee?

What happens when the 100 is reached and someone becomes worthy of being inducted?

Three members of the Trust board - one of which will be

As to the last point, no idea although we have thought before what could happen when that happens.
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:35 - Sep 6 with 2552 viewsScoobyWho

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 10:43 - Sep 6 by Private_Partz

Dave Bruton and Danny Bartley are top blokes. They used to join us Sunday lunchtime up The Dunvant for our booze up (orange juices of course for them!).
I can always remember Dave saying that they had been in the studio recording a football song and actually it was very good ;-)
Only swans players I have even spoken to regularly other than Martin Pass who never made it past an apprenticeship. Very skilful player all the same.

I have met Danny too, and agree he was a decent player, he seems a nice chap, but i only spoke to him for a few mins. My point is there are names on there ( half of 'fame' remember ) that surely don't represent how some remember them.

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:41 - Sep 6 with 2536 viewsjaf69

well I hope when they put these names up they get the dates right. ante came to us in 1980 he joined the same time as jimmy.
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:43 - Sep 6 with 2534 viewsPhil_S

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:35 - Sep 6 by ScoobyWho

I have met Danny too, and agree he was a decent player, he seems a nice chap, but i only spoke to him for a few mins. My point is there are names on there ( half of 'fame' remember ) that surely don't represent how some remember them.

You need to conduct a questionnaire. Ask anyone to name their 100 best Swans players/managers and see how many of them agree with each other

There are names in there that you wouldn't have selected - do you know what there are probably names in there that I wouldn't have selected

But when there is 100 it will represent a very wide ranging list of people who represented this club and certainly take you to the levels that is beyond the 20 that people would just reel off in their head

Even in this thread alone I saw the name Jason Scotland for example. There would be many top 100s that he would not make. The same went for Steve Jenkins

As has been said before there is no set criteria (appearances or goals as an example) just people who we feel would make what is eventually the 100 names.
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:44 - Sep 6 with 2526 viewsJackfath

Is Adrian Forbes on there? I think he was the most hilarious player I've seen for us. Never failed to make me laugh out loud with his play.

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:46 - Sep 6 with 2526 viewsScoobyWho

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:43 - Sep 6 by Phil_S

You need to conduct a questionnaire. Ask anyone to name their 100 best Swans players/managers and see how many of them agree with each other

There are names in there that you wouldn't have selected - do you know what there are probably names in there that I wouldn't have selected

But when there is 100 it will represent a very wide ranging list of people who represented this club and certainly take you to the levels that is beyond the 20 that people would just reel off in their head

Even in this thread alone I saw the name Jason Scotland for example. There would be many top 100s that he would not make. The same went for Steve Jenkins

As has been said before there is no set criteria (appearances or goals as an example) just people who we feel would make what is eventually the 100 names.

I had a book with a 100 swans greats in it, you wrote it, I disagreed with that as well ;-)

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:51 - Sep 6 with 2503 viewsPhil_S

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:46 - Sep 6 by ScoobyWho

I had a book with a 100 swans greats in it, you wrote it, I disagreed with that as well ;-)

I'm sure you did - alot of other people did as well. We couldn't even agree it as two authors either!

As I said ask anyone to select their 100 from what I think is still a list of less than 900?
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:54 - Sep 6 with 2498 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It all seems very rushed and poorly organised as stated before. I think having so many questionable names in there has already taken away any aurora this Hall of Fame could have potentially had.

As far as I know, most major organisations etc usually include a small number of names each year, usually one 'big' name and 3 or 4 smaller names, usually being indicted annually during their biggest show / match of the year.

It all seems very amateur having 15 or so people standing outside the ticket office during the presentation. Surely it could be done before or during half time of the final home game of each season etc and have 20,000 fans applaud these gentleman / ladies?

To summarise.. it just seems very amateur and poorly organised.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:54 - Sep 6 with 2493 viewsJackfath

Have any players who are not on there written or spoken to you to find out whether they will be?

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:55 - Sep 6 with 2495 viewsScoobyWho

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:51 - Sep 6 by Phil_S

I'm sure you did - alot of other people did as well. We couldn't even agree it as two authors either!

As I said ask anyone to select their 100 from what I think is still a list of less than 900?

I've no idea where that book is now mind, had it as a birthday present off my old man god bless him. Two authors ? Who are you the ' the split personalities ' ;-)

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 15:01 - Sep 6 with 2476 viewsPhil_S

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:54 - Sep 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It all seems very rushed and poorly organised as stated before. I think having so many questionable names in there has already taken away any aurora this Hall of Fame could have potentially had.

As far as I know, most major organisations etc usually include a small number of names each year, usually one 'big' name and 3 or 4 smaller names, usually being indicted annually during their biggest show / match of the year.

It all seems very amateur having 15 or so people standing outside the ticket office during the presentation. Surely it could be done before or during half time of the final home game of each season etc and have 20,000 fans applaud these gentleman / ladies?

To summarise.. it just seems very amateur and poorly organised.

Certainly hasn't taken away any aura for the people who are involved which is the main thing that happens. The point when the idea was first raised was it would generate a good picture of people who played a part in our history and not just be about just trying to create a Top 20 players of all time thing.

The presentation takes place outside the ticket office because that is where the Wall of fame it (to give it the correct name) - each of the players who are there are also presented to the crowd before that particular game as well.

You are more than welcome to criticise (which you do so often) but the one thing it is not is poorly organised that much I can assure you of, your opinion on that one is wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024