Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boro 23:14 - Feb 10 with 1893 viewsscratchingshed

Went tonight (shock horror) a freebie ticket.

Must say not a lot in the teams tonight Blackpool battled hard for 80 minutes but we just lacked any sort of quality up front, Davies is just a dead loss, we wouldn't have scored a goal ourselves had we been playing till tomorrow night the Boro keeper had probably his easiest game this season.

Thought young Telford did ok but just lacked belief he could actually get round a man, as ever O'Hara pretty much ran the show sorry but Charles Dunne is stealing a living as a footballer.

All in all I expected a loss so no surprises really other than the manner in which we only went down 1-2, thought even the ref was feeling sorry for us adding 7 minutes at the end.

It won't be long now before we are finally put out of our misery.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 23:15]
Boro on 23:31 - Feb 10 with 1870 viewsOsbourne

Disappointed not to of got a point tonight.

Having got it back to 1-1 in about the 85th minute, I was thinking a point will do here, then pick up 3 points v Forest on Saturday. It was not to be, but 3 points on Saturday must be the aim now.

Middlesbrough go top tonight with Bournemouth v Derby ending in a draw.

Blackpool were certainly not outplayed tonight by a well organised side. Although one got use to the pitch, the ball really was noticeably bobbling about early on. The pitch is certainly acting as a leveller and Pool can pinch some points at Bloomfield Road. A few points on the road and Pool can still be in the mix come the home Huddersfield game.

Pity Pool didn't hang on to that point tonight. Pool are still far from mathematically down.

Will be interested to read match reports. Commitment was certainly there from the players. Pity.
Boro on 09:09 - Feb 11 with 1777 viewsscratchingshed

Boro on 23:31 - Feb 10 by Osbourne

Disappointed not to of got a point tonight.

Having got it back to 1-1 in about the 85th minute, I was thinking a point will do here, then pick up 3 points v Forest on Saturday. It was not to be, but 3 points on Saturday must be the aim now.

Middlesbrough go top tonight with Bournemouth v Derby ending in a draw.

Blackpool were certainly not outplayed tonight by a well organised side. Although one got use to the pitch, the ball really was noticeably bobbling about early on. The pitch is certainly acting as a leveller and Pool can pinch some points at Bloomfield Road. A few points on the road and Pool can still be in the mix come the home Huddersfield game.

Pity Pool didn't hang on to that point tonight. Pool are still far from mathematically down.

Will be interested to read match reports. Commitment was certainly there from the players. Pity.

Ozzie, the gap widened last night with Millwall winning at Birmingham, it's now 10 points 11 in reality given our pathetic goal difference that's 4 wins just to play catch up.

Serious question and not taking the Micky but when are you going to finally admit were down?
Boro on 09:26 - Feb 11 with 1766 viewsOsbourne

Boro on 09:09 - Feb 11 by scratchingshed

Ozzie, the gap widened last night with Millwall winning at Birmingham, it's now 10 points 11 in reality given our pathetic goal difference that's 4 wins just to play catch up.

Serious question and not taking the Micky but when are you going to finally admit were down?

Scratcher,

Middlesbrough go top of the Championship after last night. Pool held their own last night. If Lee Clark (and he will), more importantly the players (this is the big if), stay motivated to the cause, then Pool are not relegated until mathematical impossibility arrives. I forecast Pool will still be in the mix come kick off v Huddersfield (last match of the season). 8 home games = 24 points. 8 away games = 24 points. Pool only need 24 points to survive. That is 8 wins. Some of these upcoming matches are the equivalent of 6 pointers too.

As a penalty for your non believing in the cause (Championship Survival). Then I hope that Cheryl Cole does end up in your bed! "One man's meat, another man's poison!"
Boro on 09:39 - Feb 11 with 1763 viewsAllezBlackpool

Boro on 09:26 - Feb 11 by Osbourne

Scratcher,

Middlesbrough go top of the Championship after last night. Pool held their own last night. If Lee Clark (and he will), more importantly the players (this is the big if), stay motivated to the cause, then Pool are not relegated until mathematical impossibility arrives. I forecast Pool will still be in the mix come kick off v Huddersfield (last match of the season). 8 home games = 24 points. 8 away games = 24 points. Pool only need 24 points to survive. That is 8 wins. Some of these upcoming matches are the equivalent of 6 pointers too.

As a penalty for your non believing in the cause (Championship Survival). Then I hope that Cheryl Cole does end up in your bed! "One man's meat, another man's poison!"

Hate to agree with Scratchers but yes...we are down and out!!!

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

Boro on 13:03 - Feb 11 with 1712 viewsWizaard

I also agree with Scratchers, in that there wasn't much between the teams.

The difference for me was that we absolutely gifted them their goals, with atrocious marking from two preventable set pieces. For the first, we let Woodgate get a completely free run on a header from five yards. I think it was Maher who was trailing in his wake. Why put our most inexperienced defender on someone with so much nous?

For the second, we allowed a cross to come in completely unchallenged, then a 6' 6" keeper a yard off his line saw the ball go over his head and in off the underside of the bar. Poor all round.

At least for our goal, we finally put a decent ball in, an important flick on and pressured the defender into making an error. There's, by contrast, were absolute steals.

A point was there for the taking, and who knows, maybe even three. A definite opportunity missed against an average Boro side, who huffed and puffed, but didn't really create. Karanka had said he wouldn't blame the pitch before the game. I bet you anything you like he was biting hs tongue in the post match interview.

PS £300 for the Golden Gamble. It was twice that when we were int he old West Paddock with gates of 3,500. NAPM having an effect.
Boro on 13:56 - Feb 11 with 1697 views20togo

Boro on 13:03 - Feb 11 by Wizaard

I also agree with Scratchers, in that there wasn't much between the teams.

The difference for me was that we absolutely gifted them their goals, with atrocious marking from two preventable set pieces. For the first, we let Woodgate get a completely free run on a header from five yards. I think it was Maher who was trailing in his wake. Why put our most inexperienced defender on someone with so much nous?

For the second, we allowed a cross to come in completely unchallenged, then a 6' 6" keeper a yard off his line saw the ball go over his head and in off the underside of the bar. Poor all round.

At least for our goal, we finally put a decent ball in, an important flick on and pressured the defender into making an error. There's, by contrast, were absolute steals.

A point was there for the taking, and who knows, maybe even three. A definite opportunity missed against an average Boro side, who huffed and puffed, but didn't really create. Karanka had said he wouldn't blame the pitch before the game. I bet you anything you like he was biting hs tongue in the post match interview.

PS £300 for the Golden Gamble. It was twice that when we were int he old West Paddock with gates of 3,500. NAPM having an effect.

Our performance deserved a point but at a time when I thought that one goal would win it i thought they had that extra bit of quality to create something. As Wiz says, two poor goals conceded for various reasons and we never really looked like scoring ourselves but on the whole I thought it was one of our better performances this season.
Boro on 18:01 - Feb 12 with 1619 viewsOrioltwins

I think what Tuesday night showed was that even when we give it everything that it's still not good enough. I think that was us at 100% and Boro hardly broke in to a sweat. Forest next who have just thumped Wigan!

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024