Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill interview 18:02 - Dec 12 with 8213 views442Dale

https://audioboom.com/boos/3938570-every-single-official-has-let-both-teams-down

"...there wasn't one appeal for John O'Sullivan to be sent off"

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill interview on 18:17 - Dec 12 with 6117 views442Dale

Text version:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/14141992.Hill_bemoans__atrocious__offic

"ROCHDALE boss Keith Hill described the officiating during Swindon Town’s 2-1 win over his 10-men as ‘an atrocity’.

Dale had an uphill battle from the 12th minute when loanee John O’Sullivan saw a straight red for a rash challenge on Yaser Kasim.

Despite Hill saying that there were no claims for a sending off from the Town bench referee David Webb had no hesitation as he gave O’Sullivan his marching orders and the Rochdale manager said that the all officials spoilt the spectacle of the game.

“I’m really disappointed,” he said.

“I think the officials, every single one of the officials, have let both teams down with that standard of refereeing.

“There wasn’t one appeal for John O’Sullivan to be sent off. Not from their dugout, not form their players on the pitch.

“The manner in which they officiated was poor for both sides. Really, really, really poor.

“If I was part of the referee’s association I would be ashamed if they looked through that because it just wasn’t appropriate for the professional game and the standing of a League One fixture.

“My lads have given everything. Every ounce of sweat and blood and they have got nothing for it.

“They have been severely let down today.”

Hill interview on 19:01 - Dec 12 with 5966 viewsmacro

Straight red all day long. Hill talking rubbish
Hill interview on 19:24 - Dec 12 with 5893 viewspedrodale

Hill interview on 19:01 - Dec 12 by macro

Officials are an easy target
Hill interview on 19:32 - Dec 12 with 5843 viewsDale23years

Hill interview on 19:01 - Dec 12 by macro

Deflecting attention from his poor management again.

Hope my english is ok for you.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Hill interview on 19:42 - Dec 12 with 5810 viewszxcvbnm

I couldn’t go today but I heard from a couple of people at the game, their view was red card. They also said possibility of Vincenti being fouled for a penalty and Lund got a yellow card when it looked like he won the ball.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Hill interview on 20:39 - Dec 12 with 5695 views442Dale

“There wasn’t one appeal for John O’Sullivan to be sent off. Not from their dugout, not form their players on the pitch."

Their players weren't happy at all with the challenge, and rightly so. You'd expect this to be addressed in the manager's next interview.

He was right with this though: “They have been severely let down today.”.

They have, by their colleague. This could be mentioned too. Anyone can make a mistake, that's fine, owning up to them makes up for it.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2015 20:47]

Hill interview on 21:49 - Dec 12 with 5600 viewsTVOS1907

Hill interview on 19:42 - Dec 12 by zxcvbnm

I couldn’t go today but I heard from a couple of people at the game, their view was red card. They also said possibility of Vincenti being fouled for a penalty and Lund got a yellow card when it looked like he won the ball.

Vincenti's shout could arguably have been a penalty, but if Hill is being consistent, there wasn't really any appeal from PV or the other players.

I thought Lund got a bit of the man and the ball, which also came moments after he had been warned by the referee for a previous foul.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill interview on 15:59 - Dec 13 with 5275 views1949er

Officials this week, opposition next week the pitch ,the weather, even home fans. Never the managers time after time.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Hill interview on 22:18 - Dec 13 with 5098 viewsPDIDDY

Hill comes across as a pr ick, always has, it's highlighted when results are going against him.

Gissa job

Hill interview on 10:53 - Dec 14 with 4936 viewsBarryStrange

Hill interview on 22:18 - Dec 13 by PDIDDY

Hill comes across as a pr ick, always has, it's highlighted when results are going against him.

Always thought that is why, with all due respect to Dale, he isn't managing somewhere bigger and grander. The job he has done there is magnificent, with no more resource really than the 20-odd failures that went before. So there must be a reason why nobody takes a punt on him.

I can only assume that is because people within football have met him.

For a guy with a lifetime of football behind him as player and manager, his inability to anticipate or handle even the mildest criticism is baffling, and means he doesn't bank the goodwill that some do to get the benefit of the doubt in the tough times.
Hill interview on 11:16 - Dec 14 with 4907 views49thseason

Hill interview on 10:53 - Dec 14 by BarryStrange

Always thought that is why, with all due respect to Dale, he isn't managing somewhere bigger and grander. The job he has done there is magnificent, with no more resource really than the 20-odd failures that went before. So there must be a reason why nobody takes a punt on him.

For a guy with a lifetime of football behind him as player and manager, his inability to anticipate or handle even the mildest criticism is baffling, and means he doesn't bank the goodwill that some do to get the benefit of the doubt in the tough times.

The guy is a maverick, he is probably difficult to manage in the sense that he doesn't seem to suffer fools gladly and has a way of doing things that works for him. I suspect there are very few places that would allow him to get on with his job without a level of oversight that he would feel restricted by.
Fortunately, he has a board at Rochdale that gives him the freedom to say and do virtually anything he wants and as long as the club is moving in the right direction they will just let him carry on. Running a club like Rochdale is hard enough without continually interfering with the Manager. And as Hilly discovered at Barnsley, the higher the monkey climbs, the more he shows his @rse.
Hill interview on 11:17 - Dec 14 with 4904 viewsdingdangblue

Hill interview on 10:53 - Dec 14 by BarryStrange

I see Flicker was moaning about your poor crowd Saturday.

#whathappenedto5500-6000?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill interview on 15:36 - Dec 14 with 4769 viewsPDIDDY

Hill interview on 11:17 - Dec 14 by dingdangblue

I see Flicker was moaning about your poor crowd Saturday.

#whathappenedto5500-6000?

Probably get 5500-6000 in the fa cup 3rd round, thanks for the bye

Gissa job

Hill interview on 15:49 - Dec 14 with 4748 viewsD_Alien

Hill interview on 15:36 - Dec 14 by PDIDDY

Somebody's got to enable bury to earn genuine income

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill interview on 15:58 - Dec 14 with 4735 viewsBirchy915

Keith protects his players.
All of this is just a smoke screen to deflect our attention from the Red card and give O'Sullivan some breathing room.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Hill interview on 16:09 - Dec 14 with 4713 viewsPDIDDY

Hill interview on 15:49 - Dec 14 by D_Alien

Somebody's got to enable bury to earn genuine income

Plenty of income being genuinely earned, commercial team doing great things at gigg

Gissa job

Hill interview on 16:38 - Dec 14 with 4672 viewsTVOS1907

Yeah, but you'll have to share that income with Bradford and the FA.

Hill interview on 16:49 - Dec 14 with 4643 viewsPDIDDY

Hill interview on 16:38 - Dec 14 by TVOS1907

Yeah, but you'll have to share that income with Bradford and the FA.

Correct

Gissa job

Hill interview on 17:22 - Dec 14 with 4584 views442Dale

Hill interview on 15:58 - Dec 14 by Birchy915

Keith protects his players.
All of this is just a smoke screen to deflect our attention from the Red card and give O'Sullivan some breathing room.

If anything it's had the opposite effect. It attracted attention to the card, fans watched it and made up their own minds and wondered why the comments were made.

O'Sullivan has three games worth of breathing room now. We won't miss him.

Hill interview on 22:47 - Dec 14 with 4416 viewsdingdangblue

Well makes a change from being knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round for you - or getting thrown out of the competition. Just a shame you didn't get a decent draw.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill interview on 07:28 - Dec 15 with 4298 viewsPDIDDY

Hill interview on 22:47 - Dec 14 by dingdangblue

Well makes a change from being knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round for you - or getting thrown out of the competition. Just a shame you didn't get a decent draw.

Correct we usually get beat in round 1 or 2 but after a tough 1st round we got a virtual bye, great draw tbh, half full stadium, winnable for both teams, game on

Gissa job

Hill interview on 08:28 - Dec 15 with 4256 viewsTVOS1907

Hill interview on 07:28 - Dec 15 by PDIDDY

Correct we usually get beat in round 1 or 2 but after a tough 1st round we got a virtual bye, great draw tbh, half full stadium, winnable for both teams, game on

Playing Wigan's reserves was more of a bye, tbf.

Hill interview on 09:41 - Dec 15 with 4216 viewsupthedale

Hill interview on 17:22 - Dec 14 by 442Dale

If anything it's had the opposite effect. It attracted attention to the card, fans watched it and made up their own minds and wondered why the comments were made.

O'Sullivan has three games worth of breathing room now. We won't miss him.

I might be wrong, but I assume there's only 1 game further he can actually play for us anyway?

What a loan; 1st game got subbed before an inevitable sending off, 2nd game...well Bury (less said about that game overall the better), 3rd game got sent off and then will miss all but one of the rest of his games here.
Hill interview on 13:22 - Dec 15 with 4058 viewsPDIDDY

Hill interview on 08:28 - Dec 15 by TVOS1907

Playing Wigan's reserves was more of a bye, tbf.

They had to change their squad tbf, beat them in lg cup away, they salvaged a point when hussey got sent off , as hilly says, Wigan have two excellent players per position, hardly reserves.

Gissa job

Hill interview on 14:15 - Dec 15 with 4025 viewsTVOS1907

Hill interview on 13:22 - Dec 15 by PDIDDY

They had to change their squad tbf, beat them in lg cup away, they salvaged a point when hussey got sent off , as hilly says, Wigan have two excellent players per position, hardly reserves.

They made seven team changes for the league game.

Yes, they have a good squad (they should have) but the team that faced you in the cup was hardly representative of their teams for the majority of the season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024