Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lancashire Gone Too 22:44 - May 20 with 12055 viewsDorkingDale

Just posted on OS - Shrewsbury
Lancashire Gone Too on 00:50 - May 21 with 2817 viewsDorkingDale

Well at least we have a consensus on here for once - haven't seen anything other along the lines of "sorry to see Eastham go but relieved to see the back of Lancashire" :-)
Lancashire Gone Too on 02:27 - May 21 with 2769 viewsNewbury_Dale

Bring back Bennett. Not too late !
Lancashire Gone Too on 05:16 - May 21 with 2737 viewsTalkingSutty

Lancashire Gone Too on 02:27 - May 21 by Newbury_Dale

Bring back Bennett. Not too late !

Another one who isn't good enough, injury prone,slow and lacking in awareness. Why would we want to bring him back?

The line about these players wanting an 'exciting challenge' is an interesting one, it seems they have become bored of just being happy to avoid relegation every season or performing in front of the lowest crowds in League One. Let's hope that isn't a feeling that's prevelant throughout the dressing room, next season we need to see the real Vincenti because he didn't turn up for the last one. Seeing Hendo playing with a smile on his face would be good also, he turned into a sulk as the season progressed. Those are two of our main players who we need firing on all cylinders.

Rochdales not a bad gig for lower league footballers, finishing the season on the fringes of the league one Play Offs must be an attraction in itself. Maybe Hill constantly being linked with other Clubs also has an unsettling effect on the players and plays a part in deciding where their future lies. It's going to be a interesting couple of months.
Lancashire Gone Too on 07:18 - May 21 with 2688 views1907

To any Shrewsbury fans who feel that we are being bitter. Please feel free to scroll back through all of my posts from last season and you will then get a feel for how good Lancashire is. Honestly I've never been so glad to see the back of someone. The amount of goal he alone cost us last year was a disgrace. Had Eastham played as first choice from the start and Canavan been drafted in much sooner there is no doubt we would have made the play offs.

We seriously need to offer Canavan what he wants because loosing too much of the spine could be fatal.
Lancashire Gone Too on 07:32 - May 21 with 2662 viewsnordenblue

Lancashire Gone Too on 07:18 - May 21 by 1907

To any Shrewsbury fans who feel that we are being bitter. Please feel free to scroll back through all of my posts from last season and you will then get a feel for how good Lancashire is. Honestly I've never been so glad to see the back of someone. The amount of goal he alone cost us last year was a disgrace. Had Eastham played as first choice from the start and Canavan been drafted in much sooner there is no doubt we would have made the play offs.

We seriously need to offer Canavan what he wants because loosing too much of the spine could be fatal.

Canavan is just a no nonsense lump of a defender nothing more,there are plenty others out there that do the job as good and plenty better too.
If he doesn't want the terms offered balls to him and move on,nothing I saw would make me believe the club will offer him silly money,he's simply not worth it
Lancashire Gone Too on 07:32 - May 21 with 2662 viewsColDale

Lancashire Gone Too on 07:18 - May 21 by 1907

I'd be wary of going all in for Canavan. Even ignoring the 18 months before he signed, in his three months with us, he had two separate injuries. Taking his past into account, is he a player we can guarantee 35+ games a season from? He's a good player and made a real difference to us but he'll do us no good sat in the stands.
Lancashire Gone Too on 07:48 - May 21 with 2634 views1907

Lancashire Gone Too on 07:32 - May 21 by ColDale

I'd be wary of going all in for Canavan. Even ignoring the 18 months before he signed, in his three months with us, he had two separate injuries. Taking his past into account, is he a player we can guarantee 35+ games a season from? He's a good player and made a real difference to us but he'll do us no good sat in the stands.

Injury scenario is an interesting one. I wasn't implying we spend all of our budget on him, I was just hoping that if what he wants and what we're offering aren't a million miles away then we'd stretch it. I think going into next season with two totally untried centre halfs could be a massive gamble. At least we know what we get with Canavan. Losing Eastham is a terrible blow. I know Fleetwood is near to his original home and that they have a bigger budget than us, but for me he's taken a step back in his career there.
Lancashire Gone Too on 07:51 - May 21 with 2627 viewsroccydaleian

Lancashire Gone Too on 05:16 - May 21 by TalkingSutty

Another one who isn't good enough, injury prone,slow and lacking in awareness. Why would we want to bring him back?

The line about these players wanting an 'exciting challenge' is an interesting one, it seems they have become bored of just being happy to avoid relegation every season or performing in front of the lowest crowds in League One. Let's hope that isn't a feeling that's prevelant throughout the dressing room, next season we need to see the real Vincenti because he didn't turn up for the last one. Seeing Hendo playing with a smile on his face would be good also, he turned into a sulk as the season progressed. Those are two of our main players who we need firing on all cylinders.

Rochdales not a bad gig for lower league footballers, finishing the season on the fringes of the league one Play Offs must be an attraction in itself. Maybe Hill constantly being linked with other Clubs also has an unsettling effect on the players and plays a part in deciding where their future lies. It's going to be a interesting couple of months.

Agree with you about Bennett. Don't believe this spin though about exciting challenges etc, and for playing in front of low home crowds Fleetwood's crowds are just marginally higher than ours, and their away following is pathetic, he'll soon get fed up of playing in front of three men and a blow up Cod. It'll be all down to money that his agent has wangled for him.
Login to get fewer ads

Lancashire Gone Too on 08:04 - May 21 with 2597 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Maybe both Eastman and Lancashire know that Hilly is leaving and he was the one who wanted them to stay.
Lancashire Gone Too on 08:23 - May 21 with 2536 viewsTVOS1907

Lancashire Gone Too on 05:16 - May 21 by TalkingSutty

'Exciting challenge' is just a soundbite.

The bottom line is, the likes of Fleetwood and Shrewsbury will pay more than us and might have also offered longer contracts.

For players in League 1, those are vital considerations as they aren't going to make their fortunes before they are 35.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lancashire Gone Too on 08:25 - May 21 with 2518 viewsTVOS1907

Lancashire Gone Too on 07:32 - May 21 by nordenblue

Canavan is just a no nonsense lump of a defender nothing more,there are plenty others out there that do the job as good and plenty better too.
If he doesn't want the terms offered balls to him and move on,nothing I saw would make me believe the club will offer him silly money,he's simply not worth it

I agree. I was never 100% convinced with Canavan, although we did improve defensively when he was paired with Eastham.

Lancashire Gone Too on 08:48 - May 21 with 2445 viewsYouTubeDale

As a side issue, Morison, Millwall's striker, performed well at the back last night defending corners at the near post area. I found myself dreaming about him ! (He must have impressed). I know Andrew divides opinion, but he can do the same job for Dale's defence.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Lancashire Gone Too on 08:51 - May 21 with 2441 viewsnordenblue

Lancashire Gone Too on 08:04 - May 21 by TrueDaleBlue

Maybe both Eastman and Lancashire know that Hilly is leaving and he was the one who wanted them to stay.

Or maybe they just wanted more money on a longer contract elsewhere.
Lancashire Gone Too on 08:55 - May 21 with 2425 views442Dale

Lancashire Gone Too on 08:48 - May 21 by YouTubeDale

As a side issue, Morison, Millwall's striker, performed well at the back last night defending corners at the near post area. I found myself dreaming about him ! (He must have impressed). I know Andrew divides opinion, but he can do the same job for Dale's defence.

Andrew does do that at corners, it's another benefit of retaining his services.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lancashire Gone Too on 09:29 - May 21 with 2353 viewsBigKindo

Lancashire Gone Too on 08:04 - May 21 by TrueDaleBlue

Or perhaps they knew who Hilly intends to sign and both feared the loss of their first team places :-)

After playing circa 100 games for Burton since he left us Isn't Cansdell Sheriff looking for a club?
Lancashire Gone Too on 10:00 - May 21 with 2189 viewsisitme

I suspect that both players were offered better terms elsewhere. As for the quotes about having a new challenge etc all players say these types of thing when signing for a new club.

As with most people I glad that Lancashire has left, as for the club to progress we need better players than him. Eastham I would have liked to stay as he is steady, but he isn't that good a player that he cannot be replaced. I would be more bothered if the likes of Allen and Camps left who are much better players.
Lancashire Gone Too on 10:12 - May 21 with 2165 views49thseason

Sheffield United forum thinks they might be in for David Wheater - released by Bolton. 29 years old but has only played 100 games in the last 5 years but is 6' 5" and a good pedigree up to England U21s - probably wants too much money but would get into our team rather more often than SU I suspect.
Lancashire Gone Too on 13:53 - May 21 with 1871 viewsolympicdale

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:24 - May 20 by 442Dale

This was posted on the Shrews forum in response to views on here about Lancashire:

<<Why would anyone take the word of some embittered Rochdale supporters over guys like Mellon & Hill?

He's the club captain of Rochdale and been offered a new contract. Obviously rubbish.>>

Why is it that fans opinions don't matter as much as those involved in the game? Lancashire was far from good enough last season and I doubt there were many who wouldn't have given him a free, the manager decided otherwise. That was his prerogative, bit like continuing to pick him when it was costing us goals.
[Post edited 20 May 2016 23:30]

I blame Hill for a lot of mismanagement towards both Lancashire and Eastham. He was picking Lancashire when you could see he'd lost a bit of confidence, he should have been rested earlier, and he clearly didn't have much faith in Eastham either. They both were good servants for the Dale, but much of a muchness in truth, it was an area that never fully improved continuously, the most important area to strengthen no doubt.

Life is a game of fate.

Lancashire Gone Too on 15:02 - May 21 with 1770 views49thseason

I struggle to remember a time when I didn't expect us to concede from a corner. The central defenders and goalkeeper haven't been on the same page for at least two seasons. Lancashire always seemed to have an untimely mistake in him, and Eastham, although better alongside Canavan lost his man too often. Either or both would be ok as a back-up but I have no doubt there are better defenders out there and that Hilly will know exactly what the next moves are.
Lancashire Gone Too on 15:12 - May 21 with 1742 viewsBartRowou

Lancashire Gone Too on 13:53 - May 21 by olympicdale

I blame Hill for a lot of mismanagement towards both Lancashire and Eastham. He was picking Lancashire when you could see he'd lost a bit of confidence, he should have been rested earlier, and he clearly didn't have much faith in Eastham either. They both were good servants for the Dale, but much of a muchness in truth, it was an area that never fully improved continuously, the most important area to strengthen no doubt.

Totally agree with that and you can add Alessandra and Lillis to that list.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Lancashire Gone Too on 15:35 - May 21 with 1697 viewsPorlicks

Lancashire Gone Too on 15:12 - May 21 by BartRowou

He was waiting to be vindicated by the Lancashire selection. It never happened, but I'm sure that even today he would say that he picked the right player.

He was following a gut-instinct rather than the stats, but who ever didn't?

Who are YOU with?

Lancashire Gone Too on 16:55 - May 21 with 1601 viewsolympicdale

Lancashire Gone Too on 15:12 - May 21 by BartRowou

Lillis was awfully treated by Hill, no excuse to drop him like he did, I wouldn't expect Lillis to show loyalty to Hill, and who could blame him. Alessandra clearly wasn't doing it in training and was a waste of a wage, didn't exactly set the world alight at York.

Life is a game of fate.

Lancashire Gone Too on 17:11 - May 21 with 1579 viewsTVOS1907

Lancashire Gone Too on 16:55 - May 21 by olympicdale

Lillis was awfully treated by Hill, no excuse to drop him like he did, I wouldn't expect Lillis to show loyalty to Hill, and who could blame him. Alessandra clearly wasn't doing it in training and was a waste of a wage, didn't exactly set the world alight at York.

Tbf, he was playing in the team that finished bottom of the Football League.

Lancashire Gone Too on 17:18 - May 21 with 1559 viewsAtThePeake

Lancashire Gone Too on 15:02 - May 21 by 49thseason

I struggle to remember a time when I didn't expect us to concede from a corner. The central defenders and goalkeeper haven't been on the same page for at least two seasons. Lancashire always seemed to have an untimely mistake in him, and Eastham, although better alongside Canavan lost his man too often. Either or both would be ok as a back-up but I have no doubt there are better defenders out there and that Hilly will know exactly what the next moves are.

Not so sure about that. If Hilly knew what the next moves were (for better defenders, as you say), why did he offer Lancashire and Eastham new deals?

Tangled up in blue.

Lancashire Gone Too on 17:22 - May 21 with 1548 viewsdalestats

Lancashire Gone Too on 17:18 - May 21 by AtThePeake

Not so sure about that. If Hilly knew what the next moves were (for better defenders, as you say), why did he offer Lancashire and Eastham new deals?

We don't know the details of the deals though. Lancashire was probably offered a lower deal than he was on.

Poll: Remain in the eu

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024