Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Air Show 13:54 - Jul 1 with 4305 viewsLeonisGod

Sounds like the Eurofighter is having a test run over the Bay. Awesome piece of kit
Swansea Air Show on 14:25 - Jul 1 with 4273 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have to agree with you there.
I bought a PC Flight Sim game called Eurofighter Typhoon back in 2002.
It reproduced the Cockpit details & flight characteristics really well.
What we don't get to see at the air show is the weapons load, the Air to Air, Air to Ground & Air to Ship missiles are really impressive, especially the Brimstone missiles.
I am still not sure if it is as manouverable enough to dogfight a Harrier though, which was unique in that respect.
Sad day when they phased them out.

Sorry, anorak mode again, I love Aircraft.
Swansea Air Show on 15:23 - Jul 1 with 4234 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea Air Show on 14:25 - Jul 1 by A_Fans_Dad

I have to agree with you there.
I bought a PC Flight Sim game called Eurofighter Typhoon back in 2002.
It reproduced the Cockpit details & flight characteristics really well.
What we don't get to see at the air show is the weapons load, the Air to Air, Air to Ground & Air to Ship missiles are really impressive, especially the Brimstone missiles.
I am still not sure if it is as manouverable enough to dogfight a Harrier though, which was unique in that respect.
Sad day when they phased them out.

Sorry, anorak mode again, I love Aircraft.

Have you done the RAF museums in Cosford, Hendon or Duxford. If you love aircraft and not been, you need to go. Unbelievable exhibits
Swansea Air Show on 17:08 - Jul 1 with 4165 viewsTreforys_Jack

Any timings for the show tomorrow, hope the wind dies down otherwise there will be a few aircraft not flying.
Swansea Air Show on 17:12 - Jul 1 with 4157 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea Air Show on 17:08 - Jul 1 by Treforys_Jack

Any timings for the show tomorrow, hope the wind dies down otherwise there will be a few aircraft not flying.

http://www.walesnationalairshow.com/displays/

Seems they want people to download an app. If I can find a pdf somewhere I'll post it.
Swansea Air Show on 19:04 - Jul 1 with 4103 viewswestside

Swansea Air Show on 17:08 - Jul 1 by Treforys_Jack

Think the air displays start at 1pm and the red arrows are coming at 4.30pm
Swansea Air Show on 23:12 - Jul 1 with 4035 viewsmax936

Swansea Air Show on 19:04 - Jul 1 by westside

Think the air displays start at 1pm and the red arrows are coming at 4.30pm

Bloody hell mun Mumbles Road is gonna be chaotic and the Mumbles will probably be packed to, will after to go the long way around to get though for my weekly few beers, shocking stuff

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea Air Show on 23:55 - Jul 1 with 4012 viewsLord_Bony

PERFECT FLYING WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY.

Dry with sunny spells.

No excuses.

I can remember a few years back it was so hot I watched it in the sea...what a way to watch an air display overhead!

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea Air Show on 06:45 - Jul 2 with 3956 viewsbazzool

Im absolutely gutted , i cant make it today or tomorr, working up in cumbria, i love the airshow its fab
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Air Show on 07:20 - Jul 2 with 3932 viewssquarebear

Funny how they only mention the time the Red Arrows are on. I'm only really bothered about seeing the Eurofighter as last time it "performed" here its manouverability was jaw-dropping.
Swansea Air Show on 08:27 - Jul 2 with 3901 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea Air Show on 07:20 - Jul 2 by squarebear

Funny how they only mention the time the Red Arrows are on. I'm only really bothered about seeing the Eurofighter as last time it "performed" here its manouverability was jaw-dropping.

Typhoon is on at 13:05 today and 16:34 tomorrow.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea Air Show on 10:31 - Jul 2 with 3844 viewssquarebear

Ace. Cheers for that.
Swansea Air Show on 10:49 - Jul 2 with 3829 viewsmax936

Swansea Air Show on 23:55 - Jul 1 by Lord_Bony

PERFECT FLYING WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY.

Dry with sunny spells.

No excuses.

I can remember a few years back it was so hot I watched it in the sea...what a way to watch an air display overhead!

I was out there myself Bass Fishing on the ledge, I came back into the bay to fish the Strombus Wreck and the nearly lost a rod and reel over the side, because I was distracted watching the Show, a 20lb plus Conger Eel was the culprit for me almost losing the gear horrible nasty bastard thing

Swansea Air Show on 11:26 - Jul 3 with 3683 viewsLord_Bony

Just leaving gonna be a good one giant barbie on the beach and lots of beer....see yaz..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Swansea Air Show on 11:30 - Jul 3 with 3674 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea Air Show on 23:12 - Jul 1 by max936

Bloody hell mun Mumbles Road is gonna be chaotic and the Mumbles will probably be packed to, will after to go the long way around to get though for my weekly few beers, shocking stuff

I wish I had a wife who would ferry me around the mumbles getting me pissed. You are one helluva lucky man Maximus!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea Air Show on 12:19 - Jul 3 with 3647 viewsmax936

Swansea Air Show on 11:30 - Jul 3 by Brynmill_Jack

I wish I had a wife who would ferry me around the mumbles getting me pissed. You are one helluva lucky man Maximus!

The Red Arrows looked awesome, I managed to get a reasonable view whilst slurping a few Pale Ales outside the Mumbles Ale House.

Regarding the driving I drive down and park, so its only fair that she drives back mun

Swansea Air Show on 12:24 - Jul 3 with 3633 viewsmax936

Swansea Air Show on 11:30 - Jul 3 by Brynmill_Jack

We got chatting to a couple from Skewen yesterday, who regularly go down there by Bus, Nat bus No59, takes about 45 mins, Bus leaves from Victoria Gardens Neath at 20 past the hr every hour, last bus back to Neath is 5,30 though.

Gonna give it a go next Saturday, that said Mrs isn't bothered about drinking to be honest.

Swansea Air Show on 16:51 - Jul 3 with 3575 viewsBigPhilG

Why have they shot themselves in the foot by charging so much for paring there? Madness
Swansea Air Show on 21:49 - Jul 3 with 3470 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea Air Show on 12:24 - Jul 3 by max936

We got chatting to a couple from Skewen yesterday, who regularly go down there by Bus, Nat bus No59, takes about 45 mins, Bus leaves from Victoria Gardens Neath at 20 past the hr every hour, last bus back to Neath is 5,30 though.

Gonna give it a go next Saturday, that said Mrs isn't bothered about drinking to be honest.

The weather couldn't have been better, brilliant for both days. With all the rain we had recently I was worried it would have been a washout. The red arrows were brilliant and the Typhoon, caught them both late this afternoon. Lovey to see so many people from all over enjoying Swansea bay instead of Cardiff bay for a change.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea Air Show on 22:00 - Jul 3 with 3455 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea Air Show on 16:51 - Jul 3 by BigPhilG

Why have they shot themselves in the foot by charging so much for paring there? Madness

We just parked in Parc Tawe..plenty of space there about 1pm..and just walked across.

Display was good today but I realised it was more or less the same aircraft flying to when I went to displays as a kid 40 years ago. The only thing different being the Typhoon of course.

Another thing is they have moved the flying display further out to sea away from the crowd due to tightened up air safety rules...unfortunately its not so up close and personal as a result.. but still a cracking day out Swansea Bay looked awesome...

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Air Show on 22:10 - Jul 3 with 3439 viewsmax936

Swansea Air Show on 22:00 - Jul 3 by Lord_Bony

We just parked in Parc Tawe..plenty of space there about 1pm..and just walked across.

Display was good today but I realised it was more or less the same aircraft flying to when I went to displays as a kid 40 years ago. The only thing different being the Typhoon of course.

Another thing is they have moved the flying display further out to sea away from the crowd due to tightened up air safety rules...unfortunately its not so up close and personal as a result.. but still a cracking day out Swansea Bay looked awesome...

This post has been edited by an administrator

Went for a stroll around the Marina about 5 ish and saw my mate washing his boat down, he'd been out in the bay watching the show he said that the Euro Fighter was awesome and it virtually turned straight up skywards right above him it frightened the life out of him he felt the blast as it put the power on

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024