Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour de France 15:25 - Jul 12 with 16486 viewsPegojack

No thread yet, boys and girls?

I thought Geraint looked very strong yesterday on the first proper mountain stage. The rest of Ineos looked a bit flakey, though, could be an issue later on.

Coverage on ITV4 is good as always, and the French tv live shots, high up over the scenery and down and dirty on the road, is as compulsive as usual.
Tour de France on 20:29 - Jul 25 with 1847 viewsSwanseaman

I think thomas knows bernal is the stronger of them, and will be letting him take the ineos leadership soon enough. During three mountain stages, he's gained one and a half minutes over thomas

From cyclingnews:

' Bernal himself revealed that it was Thomas who'd encouraged him to go on the attack.

"He asked me how I was feeling, and I said, 'Really good', and he said, 'OK, you try to attack to move the race', and I did. He attacked from behind to try to come with me, but in the end the other guys came in his wheel and he stayed behind them," Bernal said.

it depends from day to day how you're feeling. I have to say thanks to G for being honest today."

The balance of power at Team Ineos has now surely swung in Bernal’s favour. By the most simplistic measure, the overall standings have him as the team's best-placed rider, but there's also the sense that he's currently the stronger of the two in the mountains.

The 32 seconds Bernal gained on Thomas in Valloire are added to the 28 he gained on the Col du Tourmalet and 31 at Prat d’Albis. In the space of three mountain stages, he has put a minute and a half into the 2018 champion. What's more, Thomas, from what we can understand, has let Bernal ride away twice in a row, only to react himself later on

Bernal declined to announce himself 'the' leader at Team Ineos and denied that he was now favourite for the title. He argued Alaphilippe was still in the driving seat, the Frenchman having shown some signs of weakness when Thomas' attack opened things up at the top of the Galibier before closing the 20-second gap on the descent.

"I’m very happy," Bernal said. "The truth is that it’s always good for morale to gain time, and I gained some important time on Alaphilippe today. We’re still second, but we gained time on him, so that’s good.

I was feeling better and better the higher we went," said Bernal,

As for Thomas, he also said he felt good. Indeed, his attack suggested he had the legs, but it was the second consecutive time he has allowed Bernal to go up the road, only to react himself shortly after.'

full story here:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-bernal-says-thomas-okd-galibier-a
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 20:32]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Tour de France on 07:40 - Jul 26 with 1775 viewsBatterseajack

I want Alaphilippe to win now. None of the others deserve it any where near as much him and it will surely go down as the best tour win in the last 30 years, if not ever. What a season he’s had and who’d have expected this.
Tour de France on 09:13 - Jul 26 with 1733 viewsSwanseaman

Tour de France on 07:40 - Jul 26 by Batterseajack

I want Alaphilippe to win now. None of the others deserve it any where near as much him and it will surely go down as the best tour win in the last 30 years, if not ever. What a season he’s had and who’d have expected this.

✵

I'd like him to win too, would prefer thomas mind

✵

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Tour de France on 15:53 - Jul 26 with 1692 viewsProfessor

Well that was a turn up for the books. Looking like an Ineos 1-2
Tour de France on 16:04 - Jul 26 with 1687 viewsCooperman

Tour de France on 15:53 - Jul 26 by Professor

Well that was a turn up for the books. Looking like an Ineos 1-2

Quite unbelievable. As much as I didn’t want Alaphilipe to win I can’t help but feel a little sorry for him. The way he started the last descent showed sheer courage but all to no avail.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Tour de France on 16:06 - Jul 26 with 1686 viewsSwanseaman

✵

race has been stopped!!- i was enjoying that.

def looks like ineos 1 and 2: bernal and thomas

pity about pinot's knee.

✵

Tour de France on 16:28 - Jul 26 with 1670 viewsProfessor

Tour de France on 16:04 - Jul 26 by Cooperman

Quite unbelievable. As much as I didn’t want Alaphilipe to win I can’t help but feel a little sorry for him. The way he started the last descent showed sheer courage but all to no avail.

Crappy way for Alaphillipe to lose the jersey. Bernal's to lose know. ~That 33km climb will be a killer tomorrow.
Tour de France on 16:41 - Jul 26 with 1665 viewsBanosswan

Tour de France on 16:28 - Jul 26 by Professor

Crappy way for Alaphillipe to lose the jersey. Bernal's to lose know. ~That 33km climb will be a killer tomorrow.

There was another climb to come, so he may have lost more time. It's swings and roundabouts.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

Tour de France on 17:36 - Jul 26 with 1643 viewsProfessor

Tour de France on 16:41 - Jul 26 by Banosswan

There was another climb to come, so he may have lost more time. It's swings and roundabouts.

A relatively small one after 25k descent.
Still it is what it is
Tour de France on 17:56 - Jul 26 with 1628 viewsSwanseaman

Tour de France on 16:28 - Jul 26 by Professor

✵

he could have gained some back on thomas on the descent, bernal is a very good descender so doubt he would have gained much back on him. On the last short mountain i think he would have lost some more time, pity we didn't get to find out.

✵

Tour de France on 20:04 - Jul 26 with 1583 viewsBanosswan

Tour de France on 17:36 - Jul 26 by Professor

A relatively small one after 25k descent.
Still it is what it is

Still a cat 1!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Tour de France on 20:22 - Jul 26 with 1574 viewsProfessor

Tour de France on 17:56 - Jul 26 by Swanseaman

✵

he could have gained some back on thomas on the descent, bernal is a very good descender so doubt he would have gained much back on him. On the last short mountain i think he would have lost some more time, pity we didn't get to find out.

✵

On that we are agreed.

Sort of hope Ineos destroy the field and JA can sneak onto the podium
Tour de France on 20:55 - Jul 26 with 1540 viewsSwanseaman

Tour de France on 20:22 - Jul 26 by Professor

On that we are agreed.

Sort of hope Ineos destroy the field and JA can sneak onto the podium

✵

It would be great to see alaphilippe on the podium, he will have a hard job fending off kruijswijk and buchmann.

a real tough day, can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

✵

Tour de France on 09:56 - Jul 27 with 1481 viewsProfessor

Shortened stage today of just 59km due to weather and landslides. Basically a 26 km lead up to a massive 33km climb. Almost a mountain TT. Can’t anyone but Bernal now. G still has a great podium chance
Tour de France on 10:38 - Jul 27 with 1466 viewsSwanseaman

Tour de France on 09:56 - Jul 27 by Professor

Shortened stage today of just 59km due to weather and landslides. Basically a 26 km lead up to a massive 33km climb. Almost a mountain TT. Can’t anyone but Bernal now. G still has a great podium chance

✵

that's a gutter, although it could give alaphilippe a better chance of podium place. thomas will have to gain 29 seconds on him to get 2nd, and alaphilippe has 40 seconds over kruijswijk - should be good racing.

1 EGAN BERNAL -
2 JULIAN ALAPHILIPPE + 00H 00' 48''
3 GERAINT THOMAS + 00H 01' 16''
4 STEVEN KRUIJSWIJK + 00H 01' 28''
5 EMANUEL BUCHMANN + 00H 01' 55''

✵

Tour de France on 12:32 - Jul 27 with 1433 viewssherpajacob

Today could be one of the greatest individual days in the history of the tour.

like the last day of the league, with places changing hands several times.

If Buchman and or Kruijswick want podium places at some point they must go for it, which could cause chaos depending on how Ineos respond. I fear Allan Phillips may miss out altogether if all the GC podium contenders go eyeballs,out on the final climb. Quintana will lob a few grenades in the mix and will fancy another stage win, will anyone go with him if he kicks?

Difficult to see G finishing higher than 2nd, but it's new territory for Bernal, so we can expect the unexpected today. I think it's been a,brilliant tour, the best for years.

OR
It could be a coronation procession behind Bernal up to Val Thorens, which would still be brilliant to watch.

Can't wait.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tour de France on 12:48 - Jul 27 with 1420 viewsItchySphincter

In danger of not starting today, almost got called off. They are now going to start but don't expect to get very far before aborting.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Tour de France on 13:01 - Jul 27 with 1399 viewsBanosswan

Tour de France on 12:32 - Jul 27 by sherpajacob

Today could be one of the greatest individual days in the history of the tour.

like the last day of the league, with places changing hands several times.

If Buchman and or Kruijswick want podium places at some point they must go for it, which could cause chaos depending on how Ineos respond. I fear Allan Phillips may miss out altogether if all the GC podium contenders go eyeballs,out on the final climb. Quintana will lob a few grenades in the mix and will fancy another stage win, will anyone go with him if he kicks?

Difficult to see G finishing higher than 2nd, but it's new territory for Bernal, so we can expect the unexpected today. I think it's been a,brilliant tour, the best for years.

OR
It could be a coronation procession behind Bernal up to Val Thorens, which would still be brilliant to watch.

Can't wait.

There's another welshman in the race?

Tour de France on 13:14 - Jul 27 with 1385 viewssherpajacob

Tour de France on 12:48 - Jul 27 by ItchySphincter

In danger of not starting today, almost got called off. They are now going to start but don't expect to get very far before aborting.

Shortened to a 59km Sprint up to Val Thorens.

Expect fireworks.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tour de France on 13:27 - Jul 27 with 1378 viewsSwanseaman

✵

sounds like there is a chance of it get canceled again, depending on where the freak weather hits.

fingers crossed will be okay.

✵

Tour de France on 15:21 - Jul 27 with 1339 viewsPegojack

Alan Phillips has blown up.
Tour de France on 15:36 - Jul 27 with 1326 viewsBanosswan

Tour de France on 15:21 - Jul 27 by Pegojack

Alan Phillips has blown up.

He hung on amazingly well in the end
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 15:46]

Tour de France on 18:06 - Jul 27 with 1271 viewsProfessor

Tour de France on 15:36 - Jul 27 by Banosswan

He hung on amazingly well in the end
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 15:46]

He did. Top 5 is none too shabby. Never really looked in doubt for Ineos. Good second for G, and if you follow Twitter, a new legion of South American fans. Bernal seems to be very much liked by both G and Froome. A great career beckons
Tour de France on 18:50 - Jul 27 with 1255 viewsBrynCartwright

What a brilliant Tour.

Bernal was superb. Well done Bluey for calling it early.

Geraint in second is still brilliant for Welsh cycling.

Sorry that Alaphilippe did not podium. He has been electric up until the last two days.

Loads and loads of Welsh flags everywhere, and the same amazing scenery and passionate cycling fans.

Loved it from start to finish.

Hopefully Dimension Data will have Cavendish cycling in the Vuelta! Only highlights on itv4 this year though.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Tour de France on 19:52 - Jul 27 with 1224 viewsProfessor

Tour de France on 18:50 - Jul 27 by BrynCartwright

What a brilliant Tour.

Bernal was superb. Well done Bluey for calling it early.

Geraint in second is still brilliant for Welsh cycling.

Sorry that Alaphilippe did not podium. He has been electric up until the last two days.

Loads and loads of Welsh flags everywhere, and the same amazing scenery and passionate cycling fans.

Loved it from start to finish.

Hopefully Dimension Data will have Cavendish cycling in the Vuelta! Only highlights on itv4 this year though.

Which means Carlton Kirby if you want it live!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024