Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something Special Happening 08:01 - Aug 29 with 8020 viewsMagic_Michu

I’ve got a feeling something special is happening with the team at the moment.

I watched the relationship between the players and the coaching staff last night and it was obvious to see there is an unbelievable bond. So many hugs, high 5’s and smiles between Cooper and the players throughout. There seems to be a great bond and atmosphere in the whole squad.

Plus we seem to have a real depth of quality... I don’t really think any of last nights team would seem out of place in the first team.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Something Special Happening on 12:50 - Aug 29 with 1811 viewsFireboy2

Re potter, it couod have been alot worse if we had a pulis type manager, its lucky the powers that be got someone in who liked to play with the ball on the floor.

Potter, even though he tinkered, kept the swans philosophy going and copper atm is taking it to another level.

Cooper is lucky in that he has baston and especially ayew at his disposal, these two are are along with routledge a class above and are using their experience to help the young uns.

Long may it continue.
Something Special Happening on 13:04 - Aug 29 with 1770 viewsNotLoyal

It took the yanks a few years since the underhanded purchase of the club, but maybe their luck has changed with Birch, who let's be honest is merely trying to take the club in to a state where it can be sold handsome!y. Fair play, but what happens on the pitch seems to once again be blindfolding the majority to what is happening off it. Ok, I get it, I get it well. I'm happy as fück, on the pitch. I don't fluctuate my loyalty on the back of these results though.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 13:04]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Something Special Happening on 14:19 - Aug 29 with 1689 viewsGlyn1

Can people who watched more games than me please tell me how the team is playing differently from last season? Serious question.

Obviously we're more comfortable against set pieces, and we have Ayew and Borja, but what else has happened?

Are we more direct / what are the passing stats compared to last year?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Something Special Happening on 14:29 - Aug 29 with 1679 viewsUxbridge

Something Special Happening on 12:39 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

Little of column A, little of column B.

Despite the continual bitching and predictions of doom last summer Potter always had a decent squad to work with. Bit short in a couple of areas which probably ultimately cost us, but certainly one capable of the league finish it managed given competent management, which it had.

What he did do very well was manage the transition from Prem to Championship (no easy process as many clubs have found) rebuild a team despite a large player turnover and start reinstalling a decent ethos and style of play. What he didn't do so well was get to grips with a set piece problem or really get the tempo working. Perhaps he'd have managed both this summer and we'd be where we are now anyway.

For me Potter shouldn't be seen as anything other than a positive. That transition was far rougher than most other clubs have to endure, largely for reasons beyond his control. He couldn't coach a set piece for love nor money, and his tinkering was more than was needed, but those are relatively minor demerits. Promotion was never really on the cards last year but relegation was more plausible than we made it look.

Our start this season has largely built on the good work he did. Cooper has clearly added a fair bit already, not least the introduction and motivation of Borja and Ayew, two things I just didn't see as at all likely. He's added another dimension.

So, we're basically back to the sort of things we did 10 years ago when we did things properly. Consistency of philosophy and type of management recruitment. Each manager building on the good work before and adding something. It was always quite simple, until we decided not to do it simply. Just a shame it took a relegation before some people grasped that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Something Special Happening on 14:30 - Aug 29 with 1677 viewsandypitt56

Something Special Happening on 14:19 - Aug 29 by Glyn1

Can people who watched more games than me please tell me how the team is playing differently from last season? Serious question.

Obviously we're more comfortable against set pieces, and we have Ayew and Borja, but what else has happened?

I haven't seen many games, but from what i have seen I would say that our passing is a lot quicker. We also seem to play narrower than last season, with the wingers cutting inside more often, my guess is that is down to the players more than anything.
Something Special Happening on 15:04 - Aug 29 with 1632 viewsDr_Winston

Something Special Happening on 14:29 - Aug 29 by Uxbridge

For me Potter shouldn't be seen as anything other than a positive. That transition was far rougher than most other clubs have to endure, largely for reasons beyond his control. He couldn't coach a set piece for love nor money, and his tinkering was more than was needed, but those are relatively minor demerits. Promotion was never really on the cards last year but relegation was more plausible than we made it look.

Our start this season has largely built on the good work he did. Cooper has clearly added a fair bit already, not least the introduction and motivation of Borja and Ayew, two things I just didn't see as at all likely. He's added another dimension.

So, we're basically back to the sort of things we did 10 years ago when we did things properly. Consistency of philosophy and type of management recruitment. Each manager building on the good work before and adding something. It was always quite simple, until we decided not to do it simply. Just a shame it took a relegation before some people grasped that.

Broadly agree with that.

Disagree slightly with the promotion/relegation assessment for last season. With two or three good loan signings we could have made a push for the playoffs and then anything can happen, whilst we always had too much quality to be anywhere near the drop zone for me. Even after the sales.

Bang on with the comments about returning to working in a proven to be successful manner. Regardless of the issues stemming from the sale of the club, the decisions about changing the way we worked (Monk's appointment being the most notable) came well before the takeover. We were steering into choppy waters no matter what.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Something Special Happening on 15:12 - Aug 29 with 1604 viewsSwanseaman

Something Special Happening on 14:19 - Aug 29 by Glyn1

The biggest thing is a strong emphasis to get players quickly up field into the box and getting lots of balls into them, creating a lot of shooting chances. Also all players are taking shots at goal, as if they have been encouraged to get as many shots at goal as we can.

Defence seems to be improving, and the goalie seems better.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 15:13]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Something Special Happening on 15:25 - Aug 29 with 1562 viewsFireboy2

Something Special Happening on 15:12 - Aug 29 by Swanseaman

The biggest thing is a strong emphasis to get players quickly up field into the box and getting lots of balls into them, creating a lot of shooting chances. Also all players are taking shots at goal, as if they have been encouraged to get as many shots at goal as we can.

Defence seems to be improving, and the goalie seems better.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 15:13]

Ive see us at derby live and brum on the box, both totally different games.

We had chances, be it a few to win the game as imo derby were there to be taken.

Brum were difficult to break down but we got there in the end and should have scored more whilst not looking in danger of conceding.

Its good to see us getting players upfield quickly this season as imo under potter we were good keeping the ball but it boiled my p!ss when after we won the ball back, especially in midfield, instead of looking to pass the ball forward we just slowed it down and made a safe pass, it was safe possession football potter liked to play but it seems with cooper he wants to go for it and try to win every game whereas potter would be happy with a draw.

It showed when QPR equalised instead of playing safe and putting a defender on to try a sneak a point ala potter/clement, cooper put garrick on and the rest , as they say, is history.
Login to get fewer ads

Something Special Happening on 15:29 - Aug 29 with 1556 viewsUxbridge

Something Special Happening on 15:04 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

Broadly agree with that.

Disagree slightly with the promotion/relegation assessment for last season. With two or three good loan signings we could have made a push for the playoffs and then anything can happen, whilst we always had too much quality to be anywhere near the drop zone for me. Even after the sales.

Bang on with the comments about returning to working in a proven to be successful manner. Regardless of the issues stemming from the sale of the club, the decisions about changing the way we worked (Monk's appointment being the most notable) came well before the takeover. We were steering into choppy waters no matter what.

That is true. The need for change was obvious for some time, both in terms of personnel and philosophy.

There was a clear mindset change last summer and we're building on that now. It would have been a brave step to implement that when still in the PL, especially as perceived wisdom is that it's easier to do that in the Championship, but that's never made much sense to me. The PL is filled with junk teams. The money is plentiful. It would have been feasible. And even if I was wrong, we were getting relegated one way or the other anyway without change, we could have at least positively prepared rather than leave ourselves with a shit-ton of problems to sort out.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Something Special Happening on 15:47 - Aug 29 with 1501 viewsSwanseaman

Something Special Happening on 15:25 - Aug 29 by Fireboy2

Ive see us at derby live and brum on the box, both totally different games.

We had chances, be it a few to win the game as imo derby were there to be taken.

Brum were difficult to break down but we got there in the end and should have scored more whilst not looking in danger of conceding.

Its good to see us getting players upfield quickly this season as imo under potter we were good keeping the ball but it boiled my p!ss when after we won the ball back, especially in midfield, instead of looking to pass the ball forward we just slowed it down and made a safe pass, it was safe possession football potter liked to play but it seems with cooper he wants to go for it and try to win every game whereas potter would be happy with a draw.

It showed when QPR equalised instead of playing safe and putting a defender on to try a sneak a point ala potter/clement, cooper put garrick on and the rest , as they say, is history.

Cooper is very attack minded, this is the football I like to see.

something I have noticed a few times, is where he is being interviewed and has been asked 'is he surprised how well we have done so early on'. I've expected him to say: yes, he is surprised. But each time his answer has been: I always believe that we can win every game we go into.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Something Special Happening on 16:05 - Aug 29 with 1463 viewsDippy

We'll lose against Leeds.. it always happens when fans start threads like this.

Nailed on Leeds win

Poll: Cooper Out

Something Special Happening on 16:06 - Aug 29 with 1456 viewsNotLoyal

Something Special Happening on 16:05 - Aug 29 by Dippy

Nailed on Leeds win

Got to lose at some time mate, it's the reaction I'm interested to see especially from the say what you see this week posters.

OK I've changed it.

Something Special Happening on 16:09 - Aug 29 with 1449 viewsDippy

Something Special Happening on 16:06 - Aug 29 by NotLoyal

Got to lose at some time mate, it's the reaction I'm interested to see especially from the say what you see this week posters.

It's early in the season, we had a few scares in the Preston and QPR games.. but fortunately come through, but I think Leeds will have too much for us on Saturday

Poll: Cooper Out

Something Special Happening on 16:12 - Aug 29 with 1445 viewsmonmouth

Something Special Happening on 16:05 - Aug 29 by Dippy

Nailed on Leeds win

Yep, it'll be the thread's fault for sure Skip.

Nothing to do with the fact that the last time we didn't lose there was 1956! We even lost there the year they got relegated and we could have won the league then after hammering them 5-1 in the Curt game. P 20 W1 D2 L17

Edit, can't use google. We've drawn 3....2.2 1961, I was alive too...it's on!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 16:15]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Something Special Happening on 16:19 - Aug 29 with 1429 viewscentrestandswan

Didn't Cooper say a few weeks back that he would like to see a defeat then he could assess the players reactions, strange thing to say but I see where he is coming from.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Something Special Happening on 16:22 - Aug 29 with 1420 viewsSwanseaman

We always lose at Leeds, it's a very hostile place when it's packed out. Their fans will be right up for this one so will be a tough game for us.

There is a big chance of losing this one, a draw would be a great result.

Something Special Happening on 18:05 - Aug 29 with 1281 viewsMrSwerve

Things are looking very positive at the moment. Too early to tell though if we’ve hit the jackpot.

Looks like Cooper has fit in perfectly at first glance. With Borja and Ayew I really think promotion could happen. In the prediction thread I think I said 8th, but that was assuming that Borja and Ayew would be moved on...which seemed likely.

We can’t judge exactly how the season will go by looking at the Leeds result. What we can say, is that if we do manage to beat them, it really does send a statement out. Most of the division will be looking at us as title/promotion contenders.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Something Special Happening on 18:09 - Aug 29 with 1276 viewsmonmouth

Something Special Happening on 18:05 - Aug 29 by MrSwerve

Things are looking very positive at the moment. Too early to tell though if we’ve hit the jackpot.

Looks like Cooper has fit in perfectly at first glance. With Borja and Ayew I really think promotion could happen. In the prediction thread I think I said 8th, but that was assuming that Borja and Ayew would be moved on...which seemed likely.

We can’t judge exactly how the season will go by looking at the Leeds result. What we can say, is that if we do manage to beat them, it really does send a statement out. Most of the division will be looking at us as title/promotion contenders.

If your prediction was with CBR up frond it was a bit optimistic! That’s what I thought we’d be getting at one point. Baston and Surridge with option of Routs for something different is worth a few places.

Something Special Happening on 18:11 - Aug 29 with 1274 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Something Special Happening on 18:05 - Aug 29 by MrSwerve

Well they went to Brizzle and won comfortably I think the top 4 could comprise of the wurzels, Fulham , us and Leeds. In what order? That’s the big question.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Something Special Happening on 18:58 - Aug 29 with 1219 viewsNotLoyal

It will get better if Ayew and Baston stay. For all my rantings about Ayew I for one can take a bow, but Ayew is still out for himself IMO. If he and Baston stay there will be a decent promotion challenge ahead AND then why would they need to go anywhere ?

OK I've changed it.

Something Special Happening on 19:00 - Aug 29 with 1212 viewsmonmouth

Something Special Happening on 18:58 - Aug 29 by NotLoyal

It will get better if Ayew and Baston stay. For all my rantings about Ayew I for one can take a bow, but Ayew is still out for himself IMO. If he and Baston stay there will be a decent promotion challenge ahead AND then why would they need to go anywhere ?

Ayew’s a c*nt, but while he’s our c*nt, he’s an asset.

Something Special Happening on 19:07 - Aug 29 with 1191 viewsMrSwerve

Something Special Happening on 18:09 - Aug 29 by monmouth

If your prediction was with CBR up frond it was a bit optimistic! That’s what I thought we’d be getting at one point. Baston and Surridge with option of Routs for something different is worth a few places.

From memory it was post-James and pre-Oli sale.

Something Special Happening on 19:54 - Aug 29 with 1127 viewsNortbankboy

Something Special Happening on 19:07 - Aug 29 by MrSwerve

From memory it was post-James and pre-Oli sale.

Both the ayew brothers are better players than mcbernie.
So I was not bothered about him going.
I would say palace had a better deal than shef f utd
Something Special Happening on 20:00 - Aug 29 with 1108 viewsMrSwerve

Something Special Happening on 19:54 - Aug 29 by Nortbankboy

Both the ayew brothers are better players than mcbernie.
So I was not bothered about him going.
I would say palace had a better deal than shef f utd

I was assuming that both Ayews would be off.

Something Special Happening on 20:06 - Aug 29 with 1101 viewsFireboy2

Something Special Happening on 16:22 - Aug 29 by Swanseaman

We always lose at Leeds, it's a very hostile place when it's packed out. Their fans will be right up for this one so will be a tough game for us.

There is a big chance of losing this one, a draw would be a great result.

It is a hostile place SM so its upto our fans to make as much noise as we can.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024