Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January loans 16:32 - Dec 22 with 7107 viewsBadlands

Just some speculative ramblings

It seems less and less likely we'll make any purchases but are hoping for more of Coopers old (youth) players on loan.

Striker.
If Brewster turns up does it mean Surridge has been recalled? Bournemouth have been concerned about his lack of game time and although he's contributed a few goals I'm not convinced he suits what Cooper is trying.
I can't see Brewster and Surridge both being at the club.

CB
Marc Guehi linked for a loan - highly though of at Chelsea.
If true does that points to MVdH or Rodon leaving or Wilmot being recalled.

No mention of a DCB but maybe Cooper's persistence with Grimes and Byers will continue through the season with Fulton and Carroll making some appearances.

Personally I think we need another winger or mediocre midfelder.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

January loans on 03:47 - Dec 24 with 1783 viewsdameedna

Would like to keep Ayew and Carroll.

Both Ayew and Carroll bring out the best in others.

Possibly VDH too, may be a bit sad if we lose him without a replacement.

Was interesting to hear G Jones describe our attack of Ayew, Baston, Celina as 40 million pounds of talent.

If Ayew leaves we should put in a bid for Ruddock of Luton.
January loans on 06:02 - Dec 24 with 1759 viewsKilkennyjack

January loans on 00:49 - Dec 23 by dobjack2

On paper his stats were excellent- 50 in his previous 108 games for deportivo and Zaragoza in the second division and Eibar in the premier. A proven goalscorer. However had we scouted him properly? British football is littered with big money striker signings that scored for fun in other leagues but couldn’t hit the proverbial with a banjo over here.

I.e. did a football person reckon he could handle the physical element of British football from his play? Could he play with his back to goal and hold the ball up or did he need to be facing the opposition goal i.e. onto through balls or coming onto crosses or cut backs? Was he used as a lone striker or one of a front 2? Did he fit into the pattern of play our manager wanted to play ? Did our manager have any input into the signing? What was he like as a person? Was he outgoing or likely not to mix? What about family? So many things.

I don’t know the answers but by the time we signed him our recruitment arm was pathetic. Highlights clips, a FIFa rating and panic were probably the major factors in the decision. With panic leading to the size of the transfer fee and wages.

Thats a great post.
Fairly clear from day 1 that he was not going to be a success over here.
Lacks both pace and genuine physicality.
Work rate and movement also not good enough.

Interestingly we prioritised Borja over the ever brilliant Joe Allan.
That call alone cost us our Premiership status.

Beware of the Risen People

January loans on 09:31 - Dec 24 with 1670 viewsmagicdaps10

Joe Allen's fee was agreed in principle before the 2016 euro champs but we didn't have the money, funds had to be generated first...... by the time we had the money, 2016 Euro champs had been a great showpiece for Allen and Wales....... We all know the rest.

We never prioritised Baston over Allen, the Allen boat had been and gone when we had the Siggy money.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

January loans on 11:30 - Dec 25 with 1511 viewsBrynmill_Jack

January loans on 04:12 - Dec 23 by angryjack

Disagree think sturridge is quality makes lovely intelligent runs just got mediocre playing behind him not feeding him the ball his movement is quality

Same for Borja as well

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

January loans on 12:07 - Dec 25 with 1480 viewsglanmORJa_k

January loans on 09:31 - Dec 24 by magicdaps10

Joe Allen's fee was agreed in principle before the 2016 euro champs but we didn't have the money, funds had to be generated first...... by the time we had the money, 2016 Euro champs had been a great showpiece for Allen and Wales....... We all know the rest.

We never prioritised Baston over Allen, the Allen boat had been and gone when we had the Siggy money.

The fee wasnt agreed in principle before the start of the Euros, more of Jenkins wanting to pay just £9M for Joey. When Jenkins finally agreed to pay £12M at the end of the Euros, Joey’s price had gone up. Same old, same old.
January loans on 18:35 - Dec 27 with 1198 viewsNookiejack

How many loan deals are we allowed?
January loans on 19:15 - Dec 27 with 1155 viewsBadlands

January loans on 18:35 - Dec 27 by Nookiejack

How many loan deals are we allowed?

No restrictio on number.
TBH I hope, if we are going fro loan players, they aren't going to be more left over under 17s from Cooper's heyday.
Only Woodman has made an impact and tbh doesn't offer any more Han Nordfeldt or Mulder ... just a bit different.

(From an item the Nottingham Express)

How many loan players can a club sign?

According to the EFL's lengthy list of regulations - section 54.4 to be precise - there are no limits on the total number of loan players a club can sign.

How many loan players can play at once?

This is where the limits come in, as a maximum of five loan players can be included on the 18-man teamsheet for any one match. Should a team bring in an emergency goalkeeper this is reduced to four players.

How many loan players can you sign from one club?

In order to stop the system being abused, there are also limits regarding the number of players you can sign on loan from one club.

Only four players from a single side can be brought in, of which no more than two are allowed to be over the age of 23.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

January loans on 17:23 - Jan 9 with 957 viewsOneill_77

This thread deserves resurrecting. Bravo OP.

I think Curtis Jones unfortunately has now firmly placed himself in Klopp's thoughts, was outstanding vs Everton. Pity as would have been perfect for us.
Login to get fewer ads

January loans on 23:07 - Jan 9 with 785 viewsChief

Bit of talk that Dyer is going out on loan.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

January loans on 00:43 - Jan 10 with 709 viewsaberhugh

January loans on 23:07 - Jan 9 by Chief

Bit of talk that Dyer is going out on loan.

Liverpool in for him I hear, to collect another Premier League medal. Two more than Stevie G.
Get in, YJB.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024