Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I got into the Quarter Final of the World Cuo with NO TICKET 22:20 - Apr 27 with 2143 viewsbonymine

I’m too pisseed tonight more details to come ........

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

I got into the Quarter Final of the World Cuo with NO TICKET on 22:35 - Apr 27 with 2130 viewsFireboy2

No sh!t sherlock 🤣🤣🤣
I got into the Quarter Final of the World Cuo with NO TICKET on 22:52 - Apr 30 with 2008 viewsbonymine

I got into the Quarter Final of the World Cuo with NO TICKET on 22:35 - Apr 27 by Fireboy2

No sh!t sherlock 🤣🤣🤣

Ok then here we go......TRUE STORY ALERT !!

Back in 1998 during the World Cup in France, one Wednesday in the office, me & two of my mates asked each other what we had planned for the coming weekend.

The usual responses were ‘watch the football in the pub’ etc so I said ‘why don’t we go to Paris’ on the train/Eurostar to experience the atmosphere of the World Cup (despite no tickets & no accomodation booked).

Having duped our ‘better halves’ that this was an opportunity we simply couldn’t pass up we started our journey on the 05.32am Swansea to Paddington train on the Saturday morning.

Having got as far as ........Neath 😮😮 the train came to an abrupt halt and we were told that a car had hit a railway bridge so they had to get Engineers out to give it the all clear for us to continue our journey.

Alas we did finally continue and at Paddington transferred to Waterloo for the Eurostar train which all went smoothly.

Arriving in Paris ‘quite merry’ shall we say, we headed for the Parc des Princes where Brazil were playing Chile in the QF.

The bars around the ground were buzzing and we met some English lads who had travelled up from the South of France after Ingerlund got knocked out (again) they were decent lads & we had a good laugh with them.

We were all looking for tickets but given that the touts were asking €2/300 each we were happy to watch the game on tv. As kick off drew closer and more beer was consumed, I decided upon a grand plan how to get into the game....

The ground was secured by a series of barriers where tickets had to be produced before being allowed to proceeed to the next barrier. With an abundance of ‘Dutch courage’ given my beer intake, I approached the first barrier and using my ‘O Level’ French pleaded with the Gendarmes that my friend had my ticket and he was ahead in front of me .....

It worked so easily on Barrier 1 so I used the same tact at Barriers 2 & 3 with the same result and then was faced by the turnstiles. Oh PHUK what do I do now ?

Last attempt at blagging then so I tried the same thing & unbelievably the turnstile operator let us in 😮😮🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Only problem was the game was a sellout so we had no seat & had to watch the match sitting on the concrete walkway (the stewarding back then wasn’t like it is today) !!

The game finished 4-2 to Brazil with (fat) Ronaldo scoring 2 then after trying to sneak into several hotels to kip in a corridor or whatever we were kicked out so eventually slept in a cardboard box outside Gare du Nord with the other Froggy dropouts 🙈🙈😂😂

Back on the Eurostar Sunday morning and back at my desk on Monday morning .....one hell of a weekend that was !!!

I got into the Quarter Final of the World Cuo with NO TICKET on 23:00 - Apr 30 with 1997 viewsKeithHaynes

I got into the Quarter Final of the World Cuo with NO TICKET on 22:52 - Apr 30 by bonymine

Ok then here we go......TRUE STORY ALERT !!

Back in 1998 during the World Cup in France, one Wednesday in the office, me & two of my mates asked each other what we had planned for the coming weekend.

The usual responses were ‘watch the football in the pub’ etc so I said ‘why don’t we go to Paris’ on the train/Eurostar to experience the atmosphere of the World Cup (despite no tickets & no accomodation booked).

Having duped our ‘better halves’ that this was an opportunity we simply couldn’t pass up we started our journey on the 05.32am Swansea to Paddington train on the Saturday morning.

Having got as far as ........Neath 😮😮 the train came to an abrupt halt and we were told that a car had hit a railway bridge so they had to get Engineers out to give it the all clear for us to continue our journey.

Alas we did finally continue and at Paddington transferred to Waterloo for the Eurostar train which all went smoothly.

Arriving in Paris ‘quite merry’ shall we say, we headed for the Parc des Princes where Brazil were playing Chile in the QF.

The bars around the ground were buzzing and we met some English lads who had travelled up from the South of France after Ingerlund got knocked out (again) they were decent lads & we had a good laugh with them.

We were all looking for tickets but given that the touts were asking €2/300 each we were happy to watch the game on tv. As kick off drew closer and more beer was consumed, I decided upon a grand plan how to get into the game....

The ground was secured by a series of barriers where tickets had to be produced before being allowed to proceeed to the next barrier. With an abundance of ‘Dutch courage’ given my beer intake, I approached the first barrier and using my ‘O Level’ French pleaded with the Gendarmes that my friend had my ticket and he was ahead in front of me .....

It worked so easily on Barrier 1 so I used the same tact at Barriers 2 & 3 with the same result and then was faced by the turnstiles. Oh PHUK what do I do now ?

Last attempt at blagging then so I tried the same thing & unbelievably the turnstile operator let us in 😮😮🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Only problem was the game was a sellout so we had no seat & had to watch the match sitting on the concrete walkway (the stewarding back then wasn’t like it is today) !!

The game finished 4-2 to Brazil with (fat) Ronaldo scoring 2 then after trying to sneak into several hotels to kip in a corridor or whatever we were kicked out so eventually slept in a cardboard box outside Gare du Nord with the other Froggy dropouts 🙈🙈😂😂

Back on the Eurostar Sunday morning and back at my desk on Monday morning .....one hell of a weekend that was !!!

Fancy joining the crew on the writing front ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

I got into the Quarter Final of the World Cuo with NO TICKET on 23:07 - Apr 30 with 1994 viewsbonymine

I got into the Quarter Final of the World Cuo with NO TICKET on 23:00 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

Fancy joining the crew on the writing front ?

Would be honoured Keith I’ve got a few ‘tales to tell’ !!

I got into the Quarter Final of the World Cuo with NO TICKET on 23:13 - Apr 30 with 1987 viewsKeithHaynes

I got into the Quarter Final of the World Cuo with NO TICKET on 23:07 - Apr 30 by bonymine

I shall be in touch mate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

I got into the Quarter Final of the World Cuo with NO TICKET on 23:26 - Apr 30 with 1982 viewsTreforys_Jack

I got into the Quarter Final of the World Cuo with NO TICKET on 23:07 - Apr 30 by bonymine

You'd better leave the Derek Dawkins story out mate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024