Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid-19 in the Camp! 13:16 - Aug 20 with 5692 viewsjackharris

A couple of players will be absent tonight, including Cabango. It has been reported unofficially.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 13:23 - Aug 20 with 3246 viewsonehunglow

Are they all not vaxed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 13:44 - Aug 20 with 3176 viewsjackrmee

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 13:23 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Are they all not vaxed

Doesn't really matter, as you can catch it and pass it on even if fully vaxed.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 13:49 - Aug 20 with 3151 viewshobo

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 13:23 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Are they all not vaxed

Strange comment! If they are vaccinated it just reduces the risk of hospitalisation
Covid-19 in the Camp! on 13:53 - Aug 20 with 3129 viewsonehunglow

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 13:49 - Aug 20 by hobo

Strange comment! If they are vaccinated it just reduces the risk of hospitalisation

Might seem strange to you.
I did read not all players are vaxed now that is strange.
Tell you what else is strange;players all over each other in "celebrations"

People ARE strange
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 13:54]

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 13:56 - Aug 20 with 3122 viewsjackrmee

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 13:53 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

People ARE strange

Why is it strange that all players are not vaxxed?
Everyone has a choice. I'd be surprised if all players WERE vaxed, as that would point towards some sort of coercion or vaccination policy within the club.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 13:57 - Aug 20 with 3112 viewshobo

People ARE strange

Last time I checked we didn't have a player aged 60+, or one that has a health condition, so it's not strange at all if most of them are electing not to have it
Covid-19 in the Camp! on 13:58 - Aug 20 with 3105 viewsonehunglow

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 13:56 - Aug 20 by jackrmee

Why is it strange that all players are not vaxxed?
Everyone has a choice. I'd be surprised if all players WERE vaxed, as that would point towards some sort of coercion or vaccination policy within the club.

Because it reduces risk.
I guess which direction you are taking this so I'm out .

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 14:00 - Aug 20 with 3097 viewsangryjack

Might be a good thing...
Login to get fewer ads

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 14:04 - Aug 20 with 3080 viewsonehunglow

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 14:00 - Aug 20 by angryjack

Might be a good thing...

It will if Grimes has it.

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 15:58 - Aug 20 with 2862 viewsKeithHaynes

People ARE strange

Middlesbrough have one person in their staff who has been vaccinated.
Neil Warnock.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:16 - Aug 20 with 2808 viewsjasper_T

Martin re: vaccines

"If they want to great, if they don't, no problem. There's quite a few who have already had it. There's a few who have their own opinion on not getting it."

Personally I don't think it's "no problem" since it's not just a personal health issue but also a public health, and professional issue since it has and will continue to effect games and availability to play. No one ever accused footballers of being a clever bunch, though.
Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:27 - Aug 20 with 2778 viewsjackrmee

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:16 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

"If they want to great, if they don't, no problem. There's quite a few who have already had it. There's a few who have their own opinion on not getting it."

Personally I don't think it's "no problem" since it's not just a personal health issue but also a public health, and professional issue since it has and will continue to effect games and availability to play. No one ever accused footballers of being a clever bunch, though.

I don't think it will affect the players.
They can catch it whether they have the jab or not.
I can't see how having the jab is going to affect the rate of infection within the club.

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:34 - Aug 20 with 2751 viewsjasper_T

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:27 - Aug 20 by jackrmee

I don't think it will affect the players.
They can catch it whether they have the jab or not.
I can't see how having the jab is going to affect the rate of infection within the club.

Wow.
Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:39 - Aug 20 with 2735 viewsjasper_T

Vaccines make you both less likely to catch the virus, and less likely to transmit the virus should you catch it. This is the main purpose behind mass vaccination of populations.
Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:40 - Aug 20 with 2729 viewsjackrmee

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:34 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

Wow.

If the whole squad had the jab, that wouldn't benefit them in being less likely to contract the virus.
They would be just as likely to get covid, but less likely to show symptoms.
They still would be stopped from playing if the test positive, whether they are showing symptoms or not.
The tests are mandatory, not due to symptoms, so vaccines won't affect the amount of positive tests among the squad.

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:44 - Aug 20 with 2720 viewsjackrmee

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:39 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

Vaccines make you both less likely to catch the virus, and less likely to transmit the virus should you catch it. This is the main purpose behind mass vaccination of populations.

They only make you less likely to catch it, due to there being less symptoms and less people coughing and sneezing etc.
It doesn't stop you contracting it or make you less likely to contract it if confronted by an infected person.

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:52 - Aug 20 with 2683 viewsjackrmee

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:16 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

I'm no expert, but I have armed myself with knowledge, as much as I can.

Personally, I do think it's just a personal issue.
It's simply to stop yourself getting ill, if/when you catch COVID.

The only way you are "helping" others, is by not coughing and sneezing on them if/when you catch the virus.
However, it can be argued that it may be safer for others if you catch the virus without having the vaccine. Hence, you will then have symptoms and be aware you are infectious, then being able to isolate yourself.
Catching the virus after vaccination, may make you think you are immune, whilst not giving you any symptoms, enabling you to attend work, meet with elderly family etc.

The vaccine is to stop you getting extremely ill after contracting it. Young players do not need it, as they are at low risk of serious symptoms.

Someone said to me, "I had the vaccine because I want to go see my grandad again."
That's fair enough, but surely you are putting your grandad at even more risk, because you can catch the virus and not even know you have it or are passing it on. If you had symptoms, at least you would know when not to go visit grandad, therefore not putting him at risk.

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:10 - Aug 20 with 2643 viewsmagicdaps10

Naughton and Bennett have also had it... Not sure if they are available tonight but they are deffo not injured.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:14 - Aug 20 with 2628 viewslondonlisa2001

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 16:52 - Aug 20 by jackrmee

I'm no expert, but I have armed myself with knowledge, as much as I can.

Personally, I do think it's just a personal issue.
It's simply to stop yourself getting ill, if/when you catch COVID.

The only way you are "helping" others, is by not coughing and sneezing on them if/when you catch the virus.
However, it can be argued that it may be safer for others if you catch the virus without having the vaccine. Hence, you will then have symptoms and be aware you are infectious, then being able to isolate yourself.
Catching the virus after vaccination, may make you think you are immune, whilst not giving you any symptoms, enabling you to attend work, meet with elderly family etc.

The vaccine is to stop you getting extremely ill after contracting it. Young players do not need it, as they are at low risk of serious symptoms.

Someone said to me, "I had the vaccine because I want to go see my grandad again."
That's fair enough, but surely you are putting your grandad at even more risk, because you can catch the virus and not even know you have it or are passing it on. If you had symptoms, at least you would know when not to go visit grandad, therefore not putting him at risk.

That can’t possibly be the most knowledge you’ve managed to find.

A lot of that is just wrong.
Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:17 - Aug 20 with 2616 viewsjackrmee

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:14 - Aug 20 by londonlisa2001

That can’t possibly be the most knowledge you’ve managed to find.

A lot of that is just wrong.

OK. What's wrong?

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:18 - Aug 20 with 2614 viewsjasper_T

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:17 - Aug 20 by jackrmee

OK. What's wrong?

"However, it can be argued that it may be safer for others if you catch the virus without having the vaccine."
Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:21 - Aug 20 with 2607 viewsjackrmee

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:18 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

"However, it can be argued that it may be safer for others if you catch the virus without having the vaccine."

Yeah because if I catch it now, I will knoe I have it and can self isolate.
If I catch it after vaccination, and get no symptoms, I can then go out and about infecting loads of people with it.

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:29 - Aug 20 with 2590 viewsjasper_T

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:21 - Aug 20 by jackrmee

Yeah because if I catch it now, I will knoe I have it and can self isolate.
If I catch it after vaccination, and get no symptoms, I can then go out and about infecting loads of people with it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/one-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-can-cut-househol
Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:38 - Aug 20 with 2560 viewsjackrmee

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:29 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/one-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-can-cut-househol

Not sure if I'd believe government press reports tbh.
I'd like to read the actual study, when I have time.

I'd like to find out the actual reason that people are less likely to pass it on.
Is it less amount of the virus coming out of your mouth?
is it the virus is less powerful when it comes out of your mouth, so can't reach the non infected person?
OR, is it because less people have symptoms, which is what I said, so it IS arguable in that case, that showing symptoms can make you act more safely towards others.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 17:44]

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:42 - Aug 20 with 2552 viewslondonlisa2001

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 17:17 - Aug 20 by jackrmee

OK. What's wrong?

Firstly the vaccines reduce infection, transmission and severe illness if you do get it. They are best at reducing severe illness but still reduce infection and transmission even though to a lesser extent.

Secondly, catching Covid without vaccination still results in approximately 30% of cases being asymptomatic, therefore your assertion that you will ‘know’ you have it is wrong.

The bigger the percentage of the population who get vaccinated, the more the % reductions in infection and transmission have a huge effect overall.

Plus, of course, young people are less likely to die and get severe illness, but some do. Also a number suffer long Covid and may end up with permanent damage to organs.

Most of all, it’s a bloody vaccine, massively tested and hugely safe, issued freely and people should stop listening to bollox and just take the bloody thing. If we end up with a player who is ill or has long Covid or permanent lung impairment even if slight and the club are ‘ok’ about them not being vaccinated it’s shocking. They’re not ‘ok’ about alcohol or eating crap food and that won’t cause them to die or get severely ill either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024