Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
never knew we won the 77 fa cup final 19:11 - Nov 30 with 2231 viewsthemodfather

just on bbc local news, yes qpr won the 77 cup , jubilee year, fa cup, i never knew it, we won the fa cup......ok it was the WOMEN'S one but still a trophy! we are great.
never knew we won the 77 fa cup final on 20:19 - Nov 30 with 2072 viewsTacticalR

See:

Women's Football History
Womens Football History by slmrstid 7 May 2021 9:02
Another very good in-depth article on BBC Sport this morning in regards to womens football and Mary Phillip, former England international and current manager of Peckham Town.

Link - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/k7nszhqym9/now-you-see-her

I do like these in-depth articles they do on various bits, as it follows on from the one on James Coppinger a few weeks ago.

Things I learned from this - I had no idea QPR won the Womens FA Cup in 1977, and were runners up in 1976 and 1978. There is no mention that I can find on the QPR website of the history of our womens team, or that we have won the Womens FA Cup in our history. Although from Wikipedia we lost the 1978 final 8-2 so perhaps we don't want to mention that anyway...

But this, and the recent increase in popularity in womens football has got me thinking a fair bit as to whether I should take more of an active interest in the fortunes of our womens team. After all, they are still QPR, and they are still representing our club, and arguably logically there is no reason why I should support our mens team, but not have any interest in our womens team.

Obviously the history of how womens football was banned for so long helps explain why there is such a disparity in the modern day mens and womens game, but that is never going to get fully closer without people like me being more active in supporting it.

Certainly got me thinking.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024