Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend 10:30 - Feb 2 with 2686 viewsonehunglow

This thread will offend so if of an impressionable disposition,STOP NOW.

Not long ago this tin pot team with a junkyard ground,busted and broke were playing the likes of Dover Ath and Solihull Moors whilst we were playing Liverpool and beating them and at Anfield too.
They are on the verge of a play off place to the Prem whilst we are simply on a different more dangerous verge one which we should be careful how we play.

A strong no nonsense defence ,experienced keeper,midfield that could and did cut through us to score a goal we can only dream of. Then a manager,a Valley warrior at that who clearly ha genuine pride in his job and raw passion,not the deceit we see. He is another manager who know how to beat us.

Last night should be a tipping point but it wasn't as we are still tied into the Martin dream whatever that is. It looks like a nightmare really .Exciting football isnt the type where you are fighting relegation ,which we are in reality. Any team in this league can easily beat us .

We see a young keen Joseph being treated exactly like Whittaker although Kyle hasnt any attitude issues as reported of yet.For what it's worth,neither did Whittaker;it s simply Martin prefering the likes of Korey Smith to wear the shirt. Last night ,we saw Smith with a gloriously empty wide out space in front of him actually stop dead and passed it backwards-and we are chasing the game.

Friends, we are being duped ,big time and I'm not sure what lies ahead or indeed what can be done.

Enjoy the day as it might be your last

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 10:39 - Feb 2 with 2104 viewsWhiterockin

Lighten up mate, life is not that bad. Your posts are always negative and depressing, you are to this board like Eastenders is to TV.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 10:46 - Feb 2 with 2089 viewsonehunglow

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 10:39 - Feb 2 by Whiterockin

Lighten up mate, life is not that bad. Your posts are always negative and depressing, you are to this board like Eastenders is to TV.

Morning
Look mate
I m ok really ,just very upset right now as I really am a proud Jack and want only the best.
My mum's family were from Fleet St and we had a large tribe down the Sandfields.
We we a feisty lot and were brought up not to be afraid to stand up for what you believe and I do that no matter what some think.
I see Martin a a liar,a fraud but a very good PR man;I see him as dangerous and have a feeling this will be apparent in the near future.The fall out will be considerable.

This club means everything to me and I am not having it insulted by a coach that is quite happy to see us lose/draw o long as the stats show we had possession.

I just wish Wales rugby get possession Saturday

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 10:51 - Feb 2 with 2073 viewsThornburyswan

At the end of the day it’s just football ;-)
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 10:57 - Feb 2 with 2051 viewsunion_jack

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 10:46 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

Morning
Look mate
I m ok really ,just very upset right now as I really am a proud Jack and want only the best.
My mum's family were from Fleet St and we had a large tribe down the Sandfields.
We we a feisty lot and were brought up not to be afraid to stand up for what you believe and I do that no matter what some think.
I see Martin a a liar,a fraud but a very good PR man;I see him as dangerous and have a feeling this will be apparent in the near future.The fall out will be considerable.

This club means everything to me and I am not having it insulted by a coach that is quite happy to see us lose/draw o long as the stats show we had possession.

I’m glad you pointed out that but where Smith had all the room in the world to attack down the right but chose to pass back instead. This is the worrying thing, the defensive option too often.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:02 - Feb 2 with 2039 viewsWhiterockin

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 10:46 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

Morning
Look mate

We all want the best for our team, but football does not guarantee an instant fix. We are in the position we are because bad decisions over a couple of seasons got us relegated from the premier league. We were spending above our income there and needed to make drastic decisions since relegation to balance the club. Many clubs some "bigger" have gone straight out the bottom of the championship after relegation. Things are not ideal, but also not as bad as some make out. We still have dead wood to clear out and ongoing things like Patterson do not help, hopefully by the summer and after a season without parachute payments, we will be in a position to move on and forward. Patience is the key word. I like yourself have seen far more disappointing seasons than this, its how life is as a Swansea City supporter.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:05 - Feb 2 with 2028 viewsonehunglow

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 10:57 - Feb 2 by union_jack

I’m glad you pointed out that but where Smith had all the room in the world to attack down the right but chose to pass back instead. This is the worrying thing, the defensive option too often.

Somebody has to do it union.
I feel most are not being honest in stating on a forum how worried they are.I am.

People thought we were safe in the Premier League before we dropped like a boulder. We could go many weeks without winning another game.Fact.

Smith is a hapless a player we have had in recent years. I feel for our young players loaned out to facilitate this fella,who's not even a local lad. I believe we actually didnt need any at all in the window,certainly not a keeper. We could have used the fisher money to help pay off Martin.

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:08 - Feb 2 with 2026 viewsPawelAbbott

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:02 - Feb 2 by Whiterockin

We all want the best for our team, but football does not guarantee an instant fix. We are in the position we are because bad decisions over a couple of seasons got us relegated from the premier league. We were spending above our income there and needed to make drastic decisions since relegation to balance the club. Many clubs some "bigger" have gone straight out the bottom of the championship after relegation. Things are not ideal, but also not as bad as some make out. We still have dead wood to clear out and ongoing things like Patterson do not help, hopefully by the summer and after a season without parachute payments, we will be in a position to move on and forward. Patience is the key word. I like yourself have seen far more disappointing seasons than this, its how life is as a Swansea City supporter.

This transition season is a load of rubbish. He left MK Don's after leading them to 13th in League one. They are now 4th.
He has no reputation that anyone can look to and see that he has a proven track record. His track record is mediocre at best.
This is as good as he gets.
Get rid ASAP
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:13 - Feb 2 with 2005 viewswhiterock

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:08 - Feb 2 by PawelAbbott

This transition season is a load of rubbish. He left MK Don's after leading them to 13th in League one. They are now 4th.
He has no reputation that anyone can look to and see that he has a proven track record. His track record is mediocre at best.
Get rid ASAP

And Roberto's track record was........
Login to get fewer ads

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:13 - Feb 2 with 2005 viewsonehunglow

Get rid ASAP

A kindred spirit is hard to find.We are both damned.

Luton effectively played us in second gear.They played with us.

We are so predicable and slow it is so easy. Would anyone feel confident is we played Dover Ath on a wet Tuesday evening.

Stats will be used by Martin at his next job interview where he will blame others for not backing him.

Transition is a trite phrase too.

I actually never thought I would prefer to see Nathan Jones as our manager. He would not have us playing as we do .He has real passion too.

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:15 - Feb 2 with 2001 viewslifelong

You were spouting out the same negative bilge when we lost to Shrewsbury in the cup shortly after we were promoted to the Premier League.
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:19 - Feb 2 with 1993 viewsonehunglow

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:15 - Feb 2 by lifelong

You were spouting out the same negative bilge when we lost to Shrewsbury in the cup shortly after we were promoted to the Premier League.

Forget the past,deal with this.

Can you?

If so,abswer my thread appropriately or not at all because you contribute nothing right now.

I am posting how you feel and you know it so you aint fooling anyone Rog. nobody.

Now,have Luton done well? Are we ? What needs to change?

Or or things just fine/

Over to you.

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:22 - Feb 2 with 1982 viewsBadlands

We got caught by a breakaway goal.
Although we lost I enjoyed our play far more than I would have if we'd parked the bus.
Yes, sometimes players down se or use the space offered to them but they don't have a view of the pitch from a camera high above the ground.
Another game another loss unfortunately but it was one our attacking play deserved to win.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:23 - Feb 2 with 1980 viewsPawelAbbott

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:13 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

A kindred spirit is hard to find.We are both damned.

Luton effectively played us in second gear.They played with us.

We are so predicable and slow it is so easy. Would anyone feel confident is we played Dover Ath on a wet Tuesday evening.

Stats will be used by Martin at his next job interview where he will blame others for not backing him.

Transition is a trite phrase too.

I actually never thought I would prefer to see Nathan Jones as our manager. He would not have us playing as we do .He has real passion too.

To me, we have a decent side. Certainly one capable of finishing in the top half.
But the mistakes we make and the ponderous approach is down to the style of play and team selections.
I didn't like Coopers style but he would get a decent tune out of this squad.
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:26 - Feb 2 with 1971 viewsonehunglow

Absolutely
We have decent defenders if they were allowed to defend.
We have a decent shot stopper in Hamer.Fisher is a folly signing.

We have a good striker in Piroe and and an outstanding midfielder general in Downes and clas in Ntcham.

More than enough but they are being killed in spirit.

Imagine how Joseph feels. Imagine being recalled then shelved for 88 th minute after warming up for 20 mins right in front of Russ.

Its sick

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:30 - Feb 2 with 1960 viewslifelong

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:19 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

Forget the past,deal with this.

Can you?

If so,abswer my thread appropriately or not at all because you contribute nothing right now.

I am posting how you feel and you know it so you aint fooling anyone Rog. nobody.

Now,have Luton done well? Are we ? What needs to change?

Or or things just fine/

Over to you.

I’ll answer your thread as I want.

Why don’t you be honest with everyone? You are revelling in this difficult time we are going through and nothing would please you more than watching us fail and dropping down the league. None of your bull shit about being a proud Jack will convince me otherwise.

You are not a supporter of Swansea City.
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:35 - Feb 2 with 1948 viewsvetchonian

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:13 - Feb 2 by whiterock

When he came to us he had none as a manager but in his first season took us to 7th in the league in his second season he got us promoted from Lg 1 as champions

Martin however finished 19th in Lg 1 in his first seasio then 13th in his next...topped the table for possesion though.

The point being MArtin has no history after ione and a half seasons of delivering football with results as stated this season the MKDons are oushing for promotion

Martins focus is on keeping the ball beleiving possesion will win games as your opponents dont get the ball to damage you...is this what we have expereinced this season ..even last night with 72% possession we mananged 16 shots to Lutons 13 who had only 28% possesion so despite us having over 2.5 times more possesion we only managed 1.2times more shots!

Fair play to MArtin he changed the formation and tactics last night but Smith passing back when we are advancing says it all

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:36 - Feb 2 with 1947 viewsPawelAbbott

Moves Ntcham to left wing back and plays Manning at Centre back.
Korey Smith at CAM??
Baffling.
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:38 - Feb 2 with 1944 viewspencoedjack

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 10:39 - Feb 2 by Whiterockin

Indeed

Its amazing how fans who watch from home are the most critical.

This great forum is getting spoilt by a few posters who only ever post negative crap.
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 12:04 - Feb 2 with 1895 viewsbuilthjack

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:26 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

Absolutely
We have decent defenders if they were allowed to defend.
We have a decent shot stopper in Hamer.Fisher is a folly signing.

We have a good striker in Piroe and and an outstanding midfielder general in Downes and clas in Ntcham.

More than enough but they are being killed in spirit.

Imagine how Joseph feels. Imagine being recalled then shelved for 88 th minute after warming up for 20 mins right in front of Russ.

Its sick

Have you ever actually watched Joseph ?
Most likely not.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 12:09 - Feb 2 with 1889 viewsPawelAbbott

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:13 - Feb 2 by whiterock

But nobody went around saying that he needed a Transition season to bed in. He hit the ground running, completely transformed the playing style and we won the division.
That is the point!!
Why does Martin have the benefit of a Transition season when so many other managers make major changes and win games?
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 12:20 - Feb 2 with 1878 viewsbennytheblue

Get rid ASAP

No no keep him until Easter at least pls…..
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 12:21 - Feb 2 with 1877 viewsSkipTheJack

I was really depressed watching us play Brentford at home last season. We stole a 1-1 draw, but just parked 11 men behind the ball and hoped to steal a goal. It wasn't the Swansea City I want to watch.

We may be struggling for results at the moment, but Martin's brand of football has far more potential for future success than what Cooper was delivering. He had no style of football or plan for moving forward; he just had us fighting for every point as we slowly got worse each season because of his lack of quality permanent signings. When the parachute money ended, he left.

Give Martin time, give him support. We're playing the right way, we just don't have the right players in yet.
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 12:59 - Feb 2 with 1823 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:38 - Feb 2 by pencoedjack

Indeed

Its amazing how fans who watch from home are the most critical.

This great forum is getting spoilt by a few posters who only ever post negative crap.

The boos were evident from those in the ground, also the video vlogs of those that film each match from the ground were also far from satisfied.

Not sure where this myth comes from that those that attend are happy, many seemed furious.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 13:00 - Feb 2 with 1819 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 12:21 - Feb 2 by SkipTheJack

I was really depressed watching us play Brentford at home last season. We stole a 1-1 draw, but just parked 11 men behind the ball and hoped to steal a goal. It wasn't the Swansea City I want to watch.

We may be struggling for results at the moment, but Martin's brand of football has far more potential for future success than what Cooper was delivering. He had no style of football or plan for moving forward; he just had us fighting for every point as we slowly got worse each season because of his lack of quality permanent signings. When the parachute money ended, he left.

Give Martin time, give him support. We're playing the right way, we just don't have the right players in yet.

We improved season on season under Cooper, we didn’t get worse.

The last season he was with us we equalled our points record in the division with 80. 10 more than the first season.

1st season - 6th, 70 points, play off semis.
2nd season - 4th, 80 points, play off final.

Forest don't have parachute money either and were bottom of the league, so suggesting that was the motivation for leaving seems wide of the mark.

If you take his 3 seasons in management:-

1st season - 1.52 points per game
2nd season - 1.73 points per game
3rd season - 1.91 points per game

Clear progression, can’t knock his management, he’s proven his ability now.

I can’t agree we are playing the right way, it’s awful. It hasn’t worked anywhere he’s been, not sure exactly what we are aiming for with this?

I’m sure because we keep the ball people are under the impression it’s the return of the old style, except it’s nothing like the old style. Not even remotely similar.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 13:06]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 13:41 - Feb 2 with 1755 viewsSkipTheJack

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 13:00 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

We improved season on season under Cooper, we didn’t get worse.

The last season he was with us we equalled our points record in the division with 80. 10 more than the first season.

1st season - 6th, 70 points, play off semis.
2nd season - 4th, 80 points, play off final.

Forest don't have parachute money either and were bottom of the league, so suggesting that was the motivation for leaving seems wide of the mark.

If you take his 3 seasons in management:-

1st season - 1.52 points per game
2nd season - 1.73 points per game
3rd season - 1.91 points per game

Clear progression, can’t knock his management, he’s proven his ability now.

I can’t agree we are playing the right way, it’s awful. It hasn’t worked anywhere he’s been, not sure exactly what we are aiming for with this?

I’m sure because we keep the ball people are under the impression it’s the return of the old style, except it’s nothing like the old style. Not even remotely similar.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 13:06]

There's no way we were improving under Cooper - no way. We may have had more points last season than the season before, but the team was not progressing.

With the high earners out of contract, and the loan players going back, we were always heading for a cliff edge in the summer because Cooper just hadn't built anything solid at all.

He did an admirable job of nearly squeezing us home with a combination of what he'd inherited and loan signings, but his permanent signings just weren't good enough, didn't fit any clear style of play, and often weren't played because he didn't even want them!

We can't compete with most clubs in this division - Forest included - in terms of budget/debt accumulation, so we really need to do things differently; that is, we need a clear, and long-term, style of play, and we need to identify players within our budget that fit that style of play, and sign them permanently.

In all those things I have more confidence in Martin than Cooper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024