Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC 18:42 - Apr 30 with 6222 viewsReslovenSwan1

"I thought we were excellent today, the game plan came off perfectly.

"We were very happy for Swansea to have the ball, we wanted to control the game without the ball, which we did brilliantly.

"5-1 is obviously a great result, but to be honest it could have been more, it should have been 5-1 at half-time.

"We know Swansea have a lot of the ball, but also knew they also concede a hell of a lot of chances and a hell of a lot of goals."

No one can argue with that. Martin is not adapting after similar away thrashings at Fulham Sheff Utd and Bournemouth. 2 or 3 signings are not going to solve it. Grimes and Downes are highly rated defensive midfielders. 27 shots 13 on target. Not sustainable. Martins changes made it worse not better.

Swansea lost to QPR in the FA cup 5-1. Declan John, Asoro and McKay never kicked the ball for Swansea again.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 18:44]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 18:59 - Apr 30 with 2781 viewsTreforys_Jack

Sometimes , 1 player can come in and everything ticks, but think we prob need 3 minimum. I'd far rather ditch the formation and tactics personally as I don't think we can afford the players needed to make this work.
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:01 - Apr 30 with 2775 viewsjojaca

We were always going to get a hiding today without any recognised centre half's and Kyle Naughton is not one. Forest home win was the banker result of the weekend.

Even when you know, you never know?

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:07 - Apr 30 with 2754 viewsTreforys_Jack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:01 - Apr 30 by jojaca

We were always going to get a hiding today without any recognised centre half's and Kyle Naughton is not one. Forest home win was the banker result of the weekend.

Yes without a doubt
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:10 - Apr 30 with 2741 viewsReslovenSwan1

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:07 - Apr 30 by Treforys_Jack

Yes without a doubt

I cannot think of a single game under the leadership of Huw Jenkins 2002-2016 where Swansea City went into any game with that mentality.

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:11 - Apr 30 with 2738 viewsmax936

I expected a loss, but not such a significant loss though, it was exhausting just watching.

Is Martin gonna learn though, I can't see it personally.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:12 - Apr 30 with 2729 viewsunion_jack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:11 - Apr 30 by max936

I expected a loss, but not such a significant loss though, it was exhausting just watching.

Is Martin gonna learn though, I can't see it personally.

Well he hasn’t so far and that’s a worry.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:19 - Apr 30 with 2707 viewsReslovenSwan1

There were 27 shots on goal (one every three minutes) and 17 on target (one every five minutes). A shot at goal every two minutes. These are Liverpool v Tranmere statistics.

He has two highly rated defensive midfielders who should give solidity. If I am Winter I will want a meeting with Martin Monday morning 8:30 hr for an explanation. Some players are not doing their jobs.

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:50 - Apr 30 with 2633 viewsTreforys_Jack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:10 - Apr 30 by ReslovenSwan1

I cannot think of a single game under the leadership of Huw Jenkins 2002-2016 where Swansea City went into any game with that mentality.

You can't help but bring Jenkins into every thread, that's why you lose any credibility with other posters despite posting some decent stuff imo obviously. You're so obsessed. Not sure if Jenkins should be worried by your obsession.
Login to get fewer ads

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:51 - Apr 30 with 2627 viewsglanmORJa_k

what Cooper hasn't added is that we were down to 3 defenders to play our normal game and a striker that Cooper failed to give opportunities to(Surridge) scored a hat-trick against a defence that didn't possess a player to challenge in aerial duals.
Best of luck to Cooper and I hope he beats Bournemouth to that second auto promotion place
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 20:08 - Apr 30 with 2566 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

When was the last time we signed a centre back? I mean an actual centre back, not on loan actually signed one? We’re probably talking Mawson or Van Dee Hoorn about six or seven years ago…

Edit: forgot Bennett
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 20:10]
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 20:37 - Apr 30 with 2460 viewsangryjack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 20:08 - Apr 30 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

When was the last time we signed a centre back? I mean an actual centre back, not on loan actually signed one? We’re probably talking Mawson or Van Dee Hoorn about six or seven years ago…

Edit: forgot Bennett
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 20:10]

You could put cannavaro in our defence it wouldn't make the slightest difference,we play to open ,everytime the opposition whoever it is attack they create goalscoring opportunities, and as for Fisher,worst keeper I have ever seen at this club,and that's saying something,totally coward,
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 20:41 - Apr 30 with 2449 viewsReslovenSwan1

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:50 - Apr 30 by Treforys_Jack

You can't help but bring Jenkins into every thread, that's why you lose any credibility with other posters despite posting some decent stuff imo obviously. You're so obsessed. Not sure if Jenkins should be worried by your obsession.

Winter is the only person that can influence Martin. He has no tall defenders out of his own negligence. Perhaps he has blamed Allen for two mentally weak rookie teenagers to try and tame Mitrovic, Moore and even Surridge. I do not remember three or four thrashings like this in the Jenkins era of over 15 seasons.

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 20:57 - Apr 30 with 2412 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:19 - Apr 30 by ReslovenSwan1

There were 27 shots on goal (one every three minutes) and 17 on target (one every five minutes). A shot at goal every two minutes. These are Liverpool v Tranmere statistics.

He has two highly rated defensive midfielders who should give solidity. If I am Winter I will want a meeting with Martin Monday morning 8:30 hr for an explanation. Some players are not doing their jobs.

I can’t argue with any of that. No one in their right mind couldn’t. I’m embarrassed for those poor souls who had travelled to witness that debacle.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 21:02 - Apr 30 with 2392 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:51 - Apr 30 by glanmORJa_k

what Cooper hasn't added is that we were down to 3 defenders to play our normal game and a striker that Cooper failed to give opportunities to(Surridge) scored a hat-trick against a defence that didn't possess a player to challenge in aerial duals.
Best of luck to Cooper and I hope he beats Bournemouth to that second auto promotion place

I hope he f*cks the play offs up like he did while he was here. I wish him nothing but bad luck.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 21:11 - Apr 30 with 2340 viewsonehunglow

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 21:02 - Apr 30 by Brynmill_Jack

I hope he f*cks the play offs up like he did while he was here. I wish him nothing but bad luck.

I'm with you Steve.A manager who failed twice but till revered on here.That said,compared with what we have now ...
Still,the real fans had a great day out;they always do win,lose or draw..

Makes one feel like trailer trash but let's not go ott.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 21:20 - Apr 30 with 2335 viewsThrasher6

Mee..ooowww

Edit. I hope he fecks up now....bitter
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 21:22]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 23:30 - Apr 30 with 2144 viewsSTID2017

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 20:41 - Apr 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Winter is the only person that can influence Martin. He has no tall defenders out of his own negligence. Perhaps he has blamed Allen for two mentally weak rookie teenagers to try and tame Mitrovic, Moore and even Surridge. I do not remember three or four thrashings like this in the Jenkins era of over 15 seasons.

Man City ( first PL game , Chelsea 5 - 0 at home PL, Chelsea away 4-1, Liverpool away 5-0 ( Leon Britton in charge ).
Probably lots more in 15 seasons.
I am not defending today but some perspective aye ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 23:40 - Apr 30 with 2135 viewsLorax

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:19 - Apr 30 by ReslovenSwan1

I agree with this but please tell me, when did Huw Jenkins manage the team?

I knew nothing of the result until about 18.30 when I took my break and had a look at results.
We had 71% possession but Forest had more than 3 times as many shots on target than us. Cooper did what he used to do with us, managed the game without the ball superbly. It was how we played before Christmas last season, except we had Ayew and Lowe up front and weren't as potent an attacking force (Lowe looks a much better player with Bournemouth than he did for us!) as Forest are.
Looking at the stats and then the score, we should be mortifyingly embarrassed at another good whumping from Forest.
We had an unbeaten run, 4 wins and 5 draws and people thought we were on the up. Bang, crash, wallop and we're back where we started. So many false dawns, Martin has the tactical nous of a lemming. We throw away a 3 goal lead back to back then this.
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 01:15 - May 1 with 2088 viewscockett_jack

Swans have nothing to play for. Forest do, have a look at the table for Christ sake. Having a go at the manager, get a fecking grip lads. Forgotten the double?
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 02:27 - May 1 with 2062 viewsDr_Parnassus

Pretty much exactly what I’ve been saying all season; as people have been happily repeating the “domination” myth.

It is in the other teams game plan to give us the ball. We don’t earn the 70% possession stat, it’s given, it’s part of both teams game plan. Other teams would train all week for a system that applies pressure without the ball as opposed to with it.

Us with the ball in our defensive third is essentially them having the ball as far as they are concerned. It offers up the same amount of chances and as Cooper says, you can dominate a game without the ball. You set traps and squeeze.

This is a system problem, not a personnel one. I can’t think of too many players within our price range that we could bring in and turn this system into a consistent, reliable and successful one.

We are a side full of quality. Piroe, Obafemi, Downes, Naughton, Grimes, Pato, Ntcham - this is a serious team. Yet we are languishing in 15th, may well end the season next week in 16th… and people are fairly happy about it because teams let us waste time with the ball at the back and we can say “we dominated”.

It’s bizarre. Totally brainwashed, egotistical tripe.

The Cardiff double against the worst Cardiff team in decades has helped Martin no end with the fickle fans. Because other than that, it’s one of the worst seasons for a long, long time and there really is no excuse for it. None.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 02:41 - May 1 with 2056 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:51 - Apr 30 by glanmORJa_k

We weren’t down to 3 defenders though, he’s put natural full backs at CB all season.

We had Burns and Bennett yesterday with the addition of Naughton and decided against it. That’s on him, it’s design not circumstance. He’s had Champions League and Premier League experience in Williams and didn’t fancy him either.

Cooper played Surridge 25 times for us, he was used appropriately, there was no failing to give opportunities.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 08:11 - May 1 with 1978 viewsonehunglow

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 02:27 - May 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Pretty much exactly what I’ve been saying all season; as people have been happily repeating the “domination” myth.

It is in the other teams game plan to give us the ball. We don’t earn the 70% possession stat, it’s given, it’s part of both teams game plan. Other teams would train all week for a system that applies pressure without the ball as opposed to with it.

Us with the ball in our defensive third is essentially them having the ball as far as they are concerned. It offers up the same amount of chances and as Cooper says, you can dominate a game without the ball. You set traps and squeeze.

This is a system problem, not a personnel one. I can’t think of too many players within our price range that we could bring in and turn this system into a consistent, reliable and successful one.

We are a side full of quality. Piroe, Obafemi, Downes, Naughton, Grimes, Pato, Ntcham - this is a serious team. Yet we are languishing in 15th, may well end the season next week in 16th… and people are fairly happy about it because teams let us waste time with the ball at the back and we can say “we dominated”.

It’s bizarre. Totally brainwashed, egotistical tripe.

The Cardiff double against the worst Cardiff team in decades has helped Martin no end with the fickle fans. Because other than that, it’s one of the worst seasons for a long, long time and there really is no excuse for it. None.

The "double" clearly and sadly a smokescreen for what a been exactly as you describe.
As long as we beat the English
As long as we beat Cardiff.

In the grand scheme of things this double is meaningless and gave a smile on our faces but taken into context,against a pitiful Cardiff side,it wasn't really a headline act. For BBC Wales ,it definately was not.This Wales national broadcaster too.

What you see is what you see.

Start of season saw us abysmal and leaving Piroe behind;the end sees us ship 2 three goal leads away and then a 5-1 thrashing.

It is indefensible and we all know it.It is simply a matter of honesty and we should start with ourselves and ask why this disgusting charade continues-with more planned for next year apparently.

Look at the state of us

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 08:30 - May 1 with 1966 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 19:01 - Apr 30 by jojaca

We have a recognised center half . Unfortunately Martin played as right back all season then dropped him and refused to play him again. Last season under Cooper Bennett played as centre half and we conceded 39 goals all season.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 08:34 - May 1 with 1960 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 21:11 - Apr 30 by onehunglow

I'm with you Steve.A manager who failed twice but till revered on here.That said,compared with what we have now ...
Still,the real fans had a great day out;they always do win,lose or draw..

Makes one feel like trailer trash but let's not go ott.

He hardly failed twice he improved our team each season and finished higher each season and higher than we did under Potter. Martin has been pretty average with no improvement all season still making the same mistakes.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 08:37 - May 1 with 1950 viewsonehunglow

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 08:30 - May 1 by felixstowe_jack

We have a recognised center half . Unfortunately Martin played as right back all season then dropped him and refused to play him again. Last season under Cooper Bennett played as centre half and we conceded 39 goals all season.

Pretty obvious really.
Naughton basically a right back with no physical presence and Lati a kid from a big club who is no great shakes.
Bennett a decent pro ,hardly great but solid enough but like other players,ruined by this coach in shameless fashion whilst underperfoming favourites get away with murder. Seasoned pros screwed over as has been young talent like Joseph both sacrificed on the altar of arrogance.

Cooper would have been a very smug guy last night and who can blame him.He's got a team into the playoffs again. AGAIN. When he took over Forest looked anything but.That said,we never looked remotely likely to make playoffs. Luton Town will.LUTON TOWN .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024