Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating 13:33 - May 15 with 2460 viewsKeithHaynes

Extract -

Swansea topping the charts for possession and pass accuracy. Their style led to a magnificent haul of 53 open play goals, with only promoted duo Fulham and Bournemouth managing more.

Extract -

Swansea won an average of 10 aerial duels per game in Championship games last season, which is by some distance the lowest tally of any side in the division. For context, the next lowest was Fulham with 15.6 per game while Millwall were the highest with 28.5 per game in the league.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 13:37 - May 15 with 2017 viewsonehunglow

...which show that possession is utterly meaningless on the grand scheme of things.
We were nowhere near the top for points ,which is what it is all about.

Points make prizes.

Pity no stats for tedium.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 17:24 - May 15 with 1946 viewsWhiterockin

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 13:37 - May 15 by onehunglow

...which show that possession is utterly meaningless on the grand scheme of things.

Points make prizes.

Shows me there is not enough height in defence.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 17:39 - May 15 with 1933 viewsBadlands

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 13:37 - May 15 by onehunglow

Points make prizes.

Stats for tedium … after two seasons of Cooper!!! gibe me strength.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 17:39]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 18:29 - May 15 with 1900 viewsvetchonian

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 17:39 - May 15 by Badlands

Stats for tedium … after two seasons of Cooper!!! gibe me strength.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 17:39]

let it go let it go

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 18:32 - May 15 with 1899 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 17:24 - May 15 by Whiterockin

Shows me there is not enough height in defence.

Or anywhere else.
Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 19:51 - May 15 with 1872 viewsLorax

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 18:32 - May 15 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Or anywhere else.

Apart from our opposition, they had plenty of height.
Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 23:16 - May 15 with 1830 viewsKeithHaynes

Points make prizes.

The utterly meaningless possession led to 53 goals from open play 💁

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 08:21 - May 16 with 1767 viewsonehunglow

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 23:16 - May 15 by KeithHaynes

and how many from set pieces.
Why are we so inept at them.
Together,open play and set pieces=points and our position in the final table defines our season.

Nobody can argue possession stats are anything other than fodder for pundits.

Stats for open play really ARE as tedious as that.

Login to get fewer ads

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 09:15 - May 16 with 1751 viewsmagicdaps10

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 08:21 - May 16 by onehunglow

and how many from set pieces.
Why are we so inept at them.
Together,open play and set pieces=points and our position in the final table defines our season.

Nobody can argue possession stats are anything other than fodder for pundits.

Stats for open play really ARE as tedious as that.

Getting the balance between the 2 are key.

Maybe I am wrong but getting a couple of taller defenders will also benefit our set pieces surely!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 09:27 - May 16 with 1744 viewsonehunglow

Morning daps
Im trying to be civil and appreciate you are .
Surely our pass stats are misleading as its mainly Fisher and Naughton stroking the ball to each other aimlessly or Grimes knocking it 2 yards only to get it back then knock it another 2 yards .

It is aimless.

We are desperately slow and that what is makes it tedious. We have been crap many times in my life but I can't ay Ive ever been bored in 64 years of actively watching and supporting them.Hard miles,hard times,hard lines,Ive done them all; but this fella has got us into such a deep rut of nothingness so much it hurts me to see.

I fail to ee how anyone can feel enthused about next season whilst he is still here. Who can really trust is judgement considering Fisher was his first thought . We had decent players this season and were capable of killing times-had we been properly set up. Tonight Huddersfield (a team we hammered for 45 mins) and Luton Town lug it out for the P.o final. Yep,It hurts alright.

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 09:49 - May 16 with 1733 viewsjasper_T

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 10:16 - May 16 with 1718 viewsKeithHaynes

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 09:27 - May 16 by onehunglow

Morning daps
Surely our pass stats are misleading as its mainly Fisher and Naughton stroking the ball to each other aimlessly or Grimes knocking it 2 yards only to get it back then knock it another 2 yards .

It is aimless.

We are desperately slow and that what is makes it tedious. We have been crap many times in my life but I can't ay Ive ever been bored in 64 years of actively watching and supporting them.Hard miles,hard times,hard lines,Ive done them all; but this fella has got us into such a deep rut of nothingness so much it hurts me to see.

I fail to ee how anyone can feel enthused about next season whilst he is still here. Who can really trust is judgement considering Fisher was his first thought . We had decent players this season and were capable of killing times-had we been properly set up. Tonight Huddersfield (a team we hammered for 45 mins) and Luton Town lug it out for the P.o final. Yep,It hurts alright.

Discussion is key.
No need to remain civil, that’s the expectation 👍

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 11:15 - May 16 with 1688 viewswhiterock

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 09:27 - May 16 by onehunglow

Morning daps

It is aimless.

Hoof ball is up the road, its our style and we're sticking to it
Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 12:42 - May 16 with 1643 viewsonehunglow

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 10:16 - May 16 by KeithHaynes

Discussion is key.
No need to remain civil, that’s the expectation 👍

Discussion is all.
I agree.

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 12:56 - May 16 with 1635 viewsSkipTheJack

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 12:42 - May 16 by onehunglow

Discussion is all.
I agree.

53 goals from open play makes a mockery of all the accusations of meaningless possession.

Martin's strategy can work. The problem is we just can't defend!
Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 13:22 - May 16 with 1619 viewsDr_Parnassus

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 11:15 - May 16 by whiterock

Hoof ball is up the road, its our style and we're sticking to it

Its not our style, its Martins style.

We never played this way before he arrived and hope we never do again once he has left.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 13:39 - May 16 with 1602 viewsonehunglow

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 12:56 - May 16 by SkipTheJack

53 goals from open play makes a mockery of all the accusations of meaningless possession.

Then maybe it could be suggested Martin's strategy is flawed because if you can't defend then these possession stats are meaningless,which they are.
Start with a goalkeeper who can keep goal;it's a start.

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 13:46 - May 16 with 1596 viewsNotLoyal

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 13:39 - May 16 by onehunglow

Then maybe it could be suggested Martin's strategy is flawed because if you can't defend then these possession stats are meaningless,which they are.

I’m assuming you went through the two year probation period as a new cooper ?
You didn’t know everything at the start and neither does Martin.

But I do enjoy watching football.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 15:20 - May 16 with 1556 viewsnantywatcher

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 13:39 - May 16 by onehunglow

I'd love for us to have Ben Foster for a season or two, a LEADER on and off the pitch.
Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 16:23 - May 16 with 1524 viewsonehunglow

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 15:20 - May 16 by nantywatcher

I'd love for us to have Ben Foster for a season or two, a LEADER on and off the pitch.

I 'd have Brendan Foster although he's getting on a bit .
Sometimes,I read this site and wonder at what I see.

Stats that praise our passing and possession and only Fulham Bournemouth having more.Woo hoo.
Both these teams trashed us so it proves our point about futile ,pitiful possession for the sake of it.
Both Fulham and Muff had a purpose and for what it's worth had two keepers with a bit of balls about them.

Martin's strategy ,whatever it is, is doomed unless he looks up pragmatism. He will have to make do with wjat platers he has so let him cut out the crap about work in progress or a long term project. You need long term planning for that and the tools to see it through.

With these owners,he hasn't and he won't.

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 18:22 - May 17 with 1431 viewsKeithHaynes

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 12:56 - May 16 by SkipTheJack

As it stands agreed, especially when we started so well.
Fix the defence and it could be a more competitive season ahead.

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 21:52 - May 17 with 1400 viewsLuther27

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 23:16 - May 15 by KeithHaynes

Good stat…but we finished 15th.
Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 22:05 - May 17 with 1388 viewsDr_Winston

Seems fairly obvious that if (and it's a big IF) Martin can tighten us up at the back then there's no reason why we can't compete at the top end.

For me a lot of our defensive issues are self inflicted and I'm not convinced that RM has it in him to put that right, but others will disagree. If he can put it right then there's little in this division that we need to fear.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 22:37 - May 17 with 1373 viewsLuther27

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 22:05 - May 17 by Dr_Winston

Seems fairly obvious that if (and it's a big IF) Martin can tighten us up at the back then there's no reason why we can't compete at the top end.

For me a lot of our defensive issues are self inflicted and I'm not convinced that RM has it in him to put that right, but others will disagree. If he can put it right then there's little in this division that we need to fear.

It’s RM’s style of play that causes the defensive frailties. It’s not a case of you score two we’ll score three type of play. I cannot see him changing his philosophy regarding our style of play.
Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 22:59 - May 17 with 1358 viewsDr_Winston

Fifty three goals from open play / Poor defensive dual rating on 22:37 - May 17 by Luther27

It’s RM’s style of play that causes the defensive frailties. It’s not a case of you score two we’ll score three type of play. I cannot see him changing his philosophy regarding our style of play.

Which is basically what I said?

Martin's approach based on last season is as self-defeating as Steve Cooper's abject cowardice was for the two seasons before. Big lessons need to be learned before going into the next campaign.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024