Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff v Leeds 14:03 - Jan 5 with 7462 viewswhiterock

Only 11,000 home tickets sold (yesterday), Leeds have sold all 6,500 and say they could sell another 10,000, should Cardiff give Leeds more?
Cardiff v Leeds on 14:26 - Jan 5 with 3215 viewsCleddau

I was one of 50,000 in the ground when Cardiff hosted Leeds fifty years ago in the 1972 FA Cup (5th round). The pitch looked like it had been freshly ploughed and Johnny Giles gave a masterclass, scoring both goals in a 0-2 win.
Cardiff v Leeds on 14:43 - Jan 5 with 3199 viewsbennytheblue

Apathy abounds….even talk of the car salesman trying to get Warnock back to save us from relegation, honestly, you couldn’t make it up, the bloke whose 60 million quid of dross signings got us into this mess
Cardiff v Leeds on 14:54 - Jan 5 with 3178 viewsBoundy

Yes but I hear sales for the concourse is far exceeding expectations . A bit of history between after their last cup meeting so it could be interesting

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff v Leeds on 16:12 - Jan 5 with 3103 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff v Leeds on 14:54 - Jan 5 by Boundy

Yes but I hear sales for the concourse is far exceeding expectations . A bit of history between after their last cup meeting so it could be interesting

Good support from Leeds maybe they think (know) we are there for the taking and they can get revenge for the multiple times we’ve done them over in the last 20 yrs since that famous fa cup tie.
Usually quiet as nice but not this time me thinks
Cardiff v Leeds on 16:24 - Jan 5 with 3082 viewsSTID2017

Cardiff v Leeds on 14:43 - Jan 5 by bennytheblue

Apathy abounds….even talk of the car salesman trying to get Warnock back to save us from relegation, honestly, you couldn’t make it up, the bloke whose 60 million quid of dross signings got us into this mess

I was told that by my partner's son (a Under 23 player for your lot ) and thought he was joking ?
Players don't rate the current manager, although he may be better for young players than Warnock ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cardiff v Leeds on 16:26 - Jan 5 with 3077 viewsBoundy

Cardiff v Leeds on 16:12 - Jan 5 by bennytheblue

Good support from Leeds maybe they think (know) we are there for the taking and they can get revenge for the multiple times we’ve done them over in the last 20 yrs since that famous fa cup tie.

Fair play , you have had the upper hand over them since that cup win and overall. If you had a sell out crowd and if played at Ninian Park then you'd be in with a shout , now not sure , more of what team Leeds put out than what you offer will determine the outcome imo

Cardiff v Leeds on 16:49 - Jan 5 with 3044 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff v Leeds on 16:12 - Jan 5 by bennytheblue

If you recall Sam Hammam after that game referencing speaking to a swans fan, he got it slightly wrong he called me. It was at the time of us being the little cousins down the road and Annis was his driver. He was thinking the new team in Wales could be just one club for the two cities that always used to make me smile. He was using all his ‘character’ and alleged swans links to gain support. How far detached can some of these owners be ! He was so full of the victory against Leeds and didn’t seem to mind the bother after either.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cardiff v Leeds on 16:51 - Jan 5 with 3037 viewsSTID2017

Cardiff v Leeds on 16:49 - Jan 5 by KeithHaynes

If you recall Sam Hammam after that game referencing speaking to a swans fan, he got it slightly wrong he called me. It was at the time of us being the little cousins down the road and Annis was his driver. He was thinking the new team in Wales could be just one club for the two cities that always used to make me smile. He was using all his ‘character’ and alleged swans links to gain support. How far detached can some of these owners be ! He was so full of the victory against Leeds and didn’t seem to mind the bother after either.

Can you imagine supporters of either club getting behind that project - NOT !!!

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff v Leeds on 19:55 - Jan 5 with 2903 viewsguthrieintherain

They have had a fan embargo for a few years now

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Cardiff v Leeds on 20:11 - Jan 5 with 2889 viewsBoundy

Cardiff v Leeds on 16:49 - Jan 5 by KeithHaynes

All the charm of a snake , which is exactly what he turned out to be

Cardiff v Leeds on 20:23 - Jan 5 with 2870 viewsDr_Winston

Cardiff v Leeds on 20:11 - Jan 5 by Boundy

All the charm of a snake , which is exactly what he turned out to be

It was well known that he wanted to move Wimbledon to Cardiff, which would have killed them. After that they embraced and loved him. Tan wanted them to play in red. Despite that they embraced and loved him.

Point being Cardiff fans will kiss the arse of anyone who promises to bring them success, no matter their track record or intentions. Truly there is no more shameless fanbase in football.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff v Leeds on 20:25 - Jan 5 with 2869 viewspencoedjack

Not sure how the Bassey’s will deal with Leeds fans when they don’t have a 4 to 1 advantage on them.

I know a few Bridgend Leeds supporters who were set upon even though they went to the fa cup game with their wives & girlfriends a few years back.

Tossers.
Cardiff v Leeds on 20:31 - Jan 5 with 2861 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff v Leeds on 20:23 - Jan 5 by Dr_Winston

It was well known that he wanted to move Wimbledon to Cardiff, which would have killed them. After that they embraced and loved him. Tan wanted them to play in red. Despite that they embraced and loved him.

Point being Cardiff fans will kiss the arse of anyone who promises to bring them success, no matter their track record or intentions. Truly there is no more shameless fanbase in football.

Posters like Benny are refreshing in as much he has seen it for the time I’ve been on here.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cardiff v Leeds on 20:38 - Jan 5 with 2851 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff v Leeds on 20:25 - Jan 5 by pencoedjack

Not sure how the Bassey’s will deal with Leeds fans when they don’t have a 4 to 1 advantage on them.

I know a few Bridgend Leeds supporters who were set upon even though they went to the fa cup game with their wives & girlfriends a few years back.

Tossers.

Why would anyone from Bridgend “support” Leeds .?
These people do my head in

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cardiff v Leeds on 20:41 - Jan 5 with 2831 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sean Morrison and Max Watters depart the club today, the latter on loan.

Their options are getting thinner and thinner.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:06 - Jan 5 with 2802 viewsDr_Winston

Cardiff v Leeds on 20:31 - Jan 5 by KeithHaynes

Posters like Benny are refreshing in as much he has seen it for the time I’ve been on here.

Benny is one of the rare ones.

I know people from Cardiff, and one or two of them are OK. The rest are mostly Tw*ts, convinced of their inherent superiority as a populace.

In fairness to them they've spent most of the last seventy years being told that they're A Proper Capital City, when in reality they're just a bog standard administrative centre.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:17 - Jan 5 with 2765 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:06 - Jan 5 by Dr_Winston

Benny is one of the rare ones.

I know people from Cardiff, and one or two of them are OK. The rest are mostly Tw*ts, convinced of their inherent superiority as a populace.

In fairness to them they've spent most of the last seventy years being told that they're A Proper Capital City, when in reality they're just a bog standard administrative centre.

When Benny isn’t making up things in his head I quite enjoy him.

Although in defence of Cardiff as City, it’s a great place. Loved it in the brief spell I had living there. Cardiff and it’s surrounds has all that you would need out of anywhere you live in Wales.

The City centre is chalk and cheese compared to Swansea which looks sadder every time I see it. It’s a shame.

The football club however has always been a bit of a joke, a tight core of about 6,000 the rest just flooded in with Hammams money and then stayed for Tans money - now both have dried up they are now regressing back closer to that core.

If they are relegated then you are probably talking (actual) attendances of 9,000.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:22 - Jan 5 with 2769 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff v Leeds on 20:38 - Jan 5 by onehunglow

If people choose to follow Leeds up & down the country week in week out I would suggest they are far better supporters than people who frequent a message board slating the club & location of the place they once lived in.

Guess it’s all about choice 👍
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 21:32]
Cardiff v Leeds on 21:26 - Jan 5 with 2764 viewsguthrieintherain

Remember watching the leagye cup semi final 2nd leg and Sky interviewed a Chelsea fan born and bred in Morriston LOL.

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:32 - Jan 5 with 2751 viewsBoundy

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:17 - Jan 5 by Dr_Parnassus

When Benny isn’t making up things in his head I quite enjoy him.

Although in defence of Cardiff as City, it’s a great place. Loved it in the brief spell I had living there. Cardiff and it’s surrounds has all that you would need out of anywhere you live in Wales.

The City centre is chalk and cheese compared to Swansea which looks sadder every time I see it. It’s a shame.

The football club however has always been a bit of a joke, a tight core of about 6,000 the rest just flooded in with Hammams money and then stayed for Tans money - now both have dried up they are now regressing back closer to that core.

If they are relegated then you are probably talking (actual) attendances of 9,000.

Yes it's quite amazing the difference quite a few million £s can make when it's spent at the detriment of the rest of Wales , go back 30 years pre Senedd and Cardiff although bigger was no better than the rest of Wales , no bitterness just a fact .The money spent there just on its road infrastructure compared again to the rest of Wales is something else , not to mention the taxpayers money spent on the bay etc .Footballing wise there's no comparison between us

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:45 - Jan 5 with 2713 viewsguthrieintherain

Cardiff v Leeds on 16:51 - Jan 5 by STID2017

Cardiff might just to annoy us.

We do nearly always beat them after all double double soon.

I always wanted us to sign Phil Stant just to wind them up.

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:53 - Jan 5 with 2685 viewsbuilthjack

They support the so called big clubs because they are on tv every night and win things.
They call those clubs “us” and “we”. Yet most have never ever seen those clubs live in person.
Pathetic people.
Some of course, support those clubs and do attend as many games as they can.
I would prefer a true scummer than one of the first lot.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cardiff v Leeds on 22:04 - Jan 5 with 2663 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:53 - Jan 5 by builthjack

They support the so called big clubs because they are on tv every night and win things.
They call those clubs “us” and “we”. Yet most have never ever seen those clubs live in person.
Pathetic people.
Some of course, support those clubs and do attend as many games as they can.
I would prefer a true scummer than one of the first lot.

Disagree.

Can’t exactly say Leeds have been a big club for the last 2 decades, 2 of those from Bridgend I know have followed them up & down the country when playing in leagues below us.

Not exactly like Manc & Liverpool fans who sit in pubs & have never been to OT or Anfield.
Cardiff v Leeds on 22:20 - Jan 5 with 2632 viewsbuilthjack

Cardiff v Leeds on 22:04 - Jan 5 by pencoedjack

Disagree.

Can’t exactly say Leeds have been a big club for the last 2 decades, 2 of those from Bridgend I know have followed them up & down the country when playing in leagues below us.

Not exactly like Manc & Liverpool fans who sit in pubs & have never been to OT or Anfield.

I did say that some support those clubs and attend as many games as they can. I would class them as genuine supporters.
The ones I can’t stand are the ones who go to the pub in their shirts , yet have never been to a game. Proper plastics.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cardiff v Leeds on 22:36 - Jan 5 with 2621 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff v Leeds on 16:51 - Jan 5 by STID2017

Mental…..why mess with it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024