Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last 5 games at home 12:03 - Mar 13 with 7123 viewsDalenet

It looks like we have 5 games left at home as a football league club. Whilst a miracle could happen, realistically we are looking down the barrel of the gun. It saddens me that the club hasn't tried to get the town to back the club and get along to make an atmosphere and it looks like we will go down with a whimper.

So how will you remember these last few games. Will you be encouraging anybody along for a last look? We don't need pitch invasions or banners - there isn't anything anybody can change now. Besides we are more dignified than that. But I hope we can celebrate 102 years in the football league somehow. Any ideas?
Last 5 games at home on 12:54 - Mar 13 with 5674 viewsrkershaw

How about winning those x5 home games and the next x5 away games......might sound impossible but I'm forever the optimist!! :)
Last 5 games at home on 18:38 - Mar 13 with 5320 views442Dale

Days and weeks pass with little or no developments, or even any inclination to at least try something.

It could be being unfair, but there appears to be no real interest in how supporters are feeling. Let alone the potential impact on the town who, as the original post rightly says, should at least be trying to be approached. If only to see if any will stick around next season.
And there’s no point in saying the town doesn’t care, what reasons are we giving them to do so?

Everyone who can make a difference should be asking themselves what more they could be doing. But they know that, and the days and the weeks continue to pass. It’s all quite sad.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 18:44]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Last 5 games at home on 16:41 - Mar 14 with 4826 viewsmikehunt

What will pee me off (as happens with doomed teams more often than not) is we start winning those last few games when we have been relegated.
To think how all of us bust a gut,in all the various ways we could, to save the club and for what? Non-league oblivion.
Sorry that’s what I think

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Last 5 games at home on 17:06 - Mar 14 with 4797 viewssxdale

Last 5 games at home on 16:41 - Mar 14 by mikehunt

What will pee me off (as happens with doomed teams more often than not) is we start winning those last few games when we have been relegated.
To think how all of us bust a gut,in all the various ways we could, to save the club and for what? Non-league oblivion.
Sorry that’s what I think

I can't disagree with most of that apart from your last sentence, I don't believe non-league football will result in oblivion. Don't get me wrong I'm furious about it, I'm furious with BBM for getting us relegated, I'm furious with Stockdale for paying over the odds on sub standard player on contracts that were too long. Most of all I'm furious with Bottomly for being, well Bottomly.
When we go down (I'm resigned to it now) I will at least get to visit some new places, not much consolation but at least we will still have a club to support.
Last 5 games at home on 17:45 - Mar 14 with 4768 views442Dale

Last 5 games at home on 17:06 - Mar 14 by sxdale

I can't disagree with most of that apart from your last sentence, I don't believe non-league football will result in oblivion. Don't get me wrong I'm furious about it, I'm furious with BBM for getting us relegated, I'm furious with Stockdale for paying over the odds on sub standard player on contracts that were too long. Most of all I'm furious with Bottomly for being, well Bottomly.
When we go down (I'm resigned to it now) I will at least get to visit some new places, not much consolation but at least we will still have a club to support.

Whilst those reasons for being annoyed are valid, that’s the past. It’s a real shame that there’s little direction for the future that is the bigger issue right now.

I was someone who also agreed that getting relegated wasn’t “the end” as some would often say, but it would be good to be doing something visible now so we can see why there’s still hope for next season.

Time is a real killer.

Last 5 games at home on 18:15 - Mar 14 with 4731 viewssxdale

Last 5 games at home on 17:45 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

Whilst those reasons for being annoyed are valid, that’s the past. It’s a real shame that there’s little direction for the future that is the bigger issue right now.

I was someone who also agreed that getting relegated wasn’t “the end” as some would often say, but it would be good to be doing something visible now so we can see why there’s still hope for next season.

Time is a real killer.

There certainly appears to be a like of direction at the moment which considering the initial goodwill to the board and sense of unity having defeated Morton House seems like a missed opportunity.
Last 5 games at home on 18:50 - Mar 14 with 4680 viewsTalkingSutty

Last 5 games at home on 17:45 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

Time is a real killer.

If you look at the lack of information and action coming out of the club over the last month or so it appears to me as though the towel has been thrown in both on and off the pitch when it comes to retaining our EFL membership. Is that the number one priority or is it selling the club/ finding a investor? I think it's a fair question to ask. Has it been decided by those in the boardroom that the club isn't financially sustainable operating in the EFL? We are losing £1 million every year just to tread water.

We've been staring down the barrel a few times over the past decades and that's when leadership has been shown from the Chairman and appeals have been made to the public of Rochdale to get up to Spotland and help to rally the players, we've not even had a sniff of any of that this time. There seems to be a lack of urgency as to the league position or a misunderstanding as to the implications of being relegated, i don't believe it's any of those though, so why the inaction?

We have a manager who appears emotionally broken and really should have been relieved of his job a couple of months ago. He's the only person though who has fronted up and shown real concern as to what's happening on the pitch. Jim Bentley cares, pity some of the players don't. The people who are running the club, including the CEO are conspicuous by their absence when it comes to speaking about football related issues. Obviously they will be busy trying to sell the club/find a investor, i appreciate that but we are now probably a month or so away from being relegated and the silence from those running the club is deafening.

We are going down with a whimper and that's criminal really. Before the end of the season we have some of our iconic footballers visiting the club..Shaun Reid, Lyndon Symmonds, Steve Taylor, all players who gave their all to keep the club in the football league, all big characters who refused to throw in the towel. Everybody at the club including the fans will have to look those ex players in the eye, it's as though we've let them down as a club. They will be just as sad as the fans to see how this probable relegation is just being very quietly accepted.

This is what happens when communication is almost non existent, people are left wondering what's happening and start having to ask difficult questions.It's important that questions are always asked though, staying quiet is never a option.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 19:02]
Last 5 games at home on 19:07 - Mar 14 with 4641 viewsJames1980

How about a down but not out marketing campaign for these last 5 games? Or something better worded

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Last 5 games at home on 20:07 - Mar 14 with 4579 views49thseason

It is possible there is some due diligence going on at the moment that prevents the Board from saying anything much. At least that is the fraying thread that I am holding on to.
The piece in The Athletic seemed to indicate perhaps not, but we don't know when the conversation took place prior to publication. I would think any potential deal will need to be sold to shareholders first, so the announcement of an EGM might be something to look out for, especially if its a take over rather than a new major owner. Perhaps owning a major shareholding but not having 51% is a problem for people with real money to invest?
Or, in the case of joining a multi-club affair I imagine there would have to be lots of lawyers involved, hence even more DD. Perhaps even the whole conversation is on hold until the relegation is (or isn't) confirmed.
Certainly we cannot keep losing £1m+ per year without an investor to underwrite it and with crowds smaller than those we currently have. A parachute payment next season isn't going to solve many problems if the likes of John are on £2500 a week. Cash is king, without it, its curtains.
Last 5 games at home on 20:14 - Mar 14 with 4564 views442Dale

Last 5 games at home on 20:07 - Mar 14 by 49thseason

It is possible there is some due diligence going on at the moment that prevents the Board from saying anything much. At least that is the fraying thread that I am holding on to.
The piece in The Athletic seemed to indicate perhaps not, but we don't know when the conversation took place prior to publication. I would think any potential deal will need to be sold to shareholders first, so the announcement of an EGM might be something to look out for, especially if its a take over rather than a new major owner. Perhaps owning a major shareholding but not having 51% is a problem for people with real money to invest?
Or, in the case of joining a multi-club affair I imagine there would have to be lots of lawyers involved, hence even more DD. Perhaps even the whole conversation is on hold until the relegation is (or isn't) confirmed.
Certainly we cannot keep losing £1m+ per year without an investor to underwrite it and with crowds smaller than those we currently have. A parachute payment next season isn't going to solve many problems if the likes of John are on £2500 a week. Cash is king, without it, its curtains.

We’re not talking about the club pursuing investors though. We are asking for an indication that alongside that process we are aware of what’s being done to try and make the most of what remains of this season and how we will approach the next.

TalkingSutty is right, it is important that people speak up. That includes fans, the Trust and the club.
We are either all in this together always, or we aren’t. It’s not a case of when it suits.

It’s repetitive, but again, it’s all rather sad.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 20:16]

Last 5 games at home on 20:19 - Mar 14 with 4531 views442Dale

This part of TS’s post really stood out:

“Before the end of the season we have some of our iconic footballers visiting the club..Shaun Reid, Lyndon Symmonds, Steve Taylor, all players who gave their all to keep the club in the football league, all big characters who refused to throw in the towel. Everybody at the club including the fans will have to look those ex players in the eye, it's as though we've let them down as a club. They will be just as sad as the fans to see how this probable relegation is just being very quietly accepted.”

Add Nathan Stanton to that as well at the Trust Curry Night. TS is right, we are letting them down. All of us if we can’t actually at least try and do more when we know we can.

Last 5 games at home on 20:23 - Mar 14 with 4512 viewsJames1980

Last 5 games at home on 20:19 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

This part of TS’s post really stood out:

“Before the end of the season we have some of our iconic footballers visiting the club..Shaun Reid, Lyndon Symmonds, Steve Taylor, all players who gave their all to keep the club in the football league, all big characters who refused to throw in the towel. Everybody at the club including the fans will have to look those ex players in the eye, it's as though we've let them down as a club. They will be just as sad as the fans to see how this probable relegation is just being very quietly accepted.”

Add Nathan Stanton to that as well at the Trust Curry Night. TS is right, we are letting them down. All of us if we can’t actually at least try and do more when we know we can.

Is the inaction deliberate or are the board just rabbits staring into the headlights of relegation?

Last 5 games at home on 20:29 - Mar 14 with 4495 views442Dale

Last 5 games at home on 20:23 - Mar 14 by James1980

Is the inaction deliberate or are the board just rabbits staring into the headlights of relegation?

It’s not just the board though. It really isn’t.

Last 5 games at home on 20:33 - Mar 14 with 4481 viewsJames1980

Last 5 games at home on 20:29 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

It’s not just the board though. It really isn’t.

But shouldn't any initiatives start with them? As has been pointed out these could be the last 5 games at Spotland in the football league possibly for a very long time.

Last 5 games at home on 21:45 - Mar 14 with 4381 viewsHullDale

Spot on, TS. Great post.

Accounts are due to be published by the end of the month, which will give a clearer idea of where we stood financially up to the end of June. If there is anything scary in there that could've led to a points deduction, thankfully (or not, depending on your hope for this season) the deadline for those to impact this season is Thursday. I'd hope if that was even a remote possibility we would know about it, especially seeing the hard line the EFL have taken with Burnley, Huddersfield & Sheffield United.

Bentley is clearly a broken man at the minute - in his post match on Saturday there was a slip of the tongue - "I've enjoyed my time here. I mean, I'm enjoying my time here." Its as if even he expected to be put out of his misery by now.

Off the pitch, we're still advertising 2022-2023 season tickets outside Wilbutts Lane. It was pointed out this week that the online shop was still showing the Hendo prize draw that finished in January. The staff list on .co.uk suggests Adrian has left the commercial department. There is no discernible effort to increase attendances for these last 5 games... no bring a mate for a fiver for the five games, no kids go free, no discounted entry, no pay what you can afford. We seemingly don't get loads of POTD fans, so any hit to revenue from those who come weekly should be made up by additional people through the gate spending additional money at the club. This would require some foresight, as we'd have to offer it to away fans too I believe, but that shouldn't be used as an excuse. A question - if you go on the Rochdale AFC facebook page on your mobile, can you see the next match details in the banner? This was pointed out to the club weeks ago by a couple of people, and its still not been rectified.

The volunteer army was due in January, & then within a week of the forum. 5 weeks later? Nothing.

The thanks to the board will forever be there for their actions last year, but it feels the goodwill is quickly slipping away. I commented months ago that I can't remember identifying less with a Dale squad. Its getting to a point where I feel as disconnected from the club as I can remember too. At a time we should all be pulling together and fighting together, I can only describe the current feeling as a bit sad.
Last 5 games at home on 22:04 - Mar 14 with 4325 views100notout

If I was one of a group of people that between them had sunk Over half a million quid ( plus their initial “investment “) I would be absolutely busting a gut to ensure that my money didn’t go down the toilet - at the moment that’s exactly what is happening to it - unless you get a lifelong fan (tm DB) who wins the euro millions jackpot or some other miracle happens, talk of a£5m investment in the club is just that - talk.

I would also be shouting fro the rooftops about the positives (there are some somewhere!) engaging support from everywhere and making sure that staff did their jobs properly.

It beggars belief

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Last 5 games at home on 05:01 - Mar 15 with 4183 viewsTalkingSutty

Last 5 games at home on 21:45 - Mar 14 by HullDale

Spot on, TS. Great post.

Accounts are due to be published by the end of the month, which will give a clearer idea of where we stood financially up to the end of June. If there is anything scary in there that could've led to a points deduction, thankfully (or not, depending on your hope for this season) the deadline for those to impact this season is Thursday. I'd hope if that was even a remote possibility we would know about it, especially seeing the hard line the EFL have taken with Burnley, Huddersfield & Sheffield United.

Bentley is clearly a broken man at the minute - in his post match on Saturday there was a slip of the tongue - "I've enjoyed my time here. I mean, I'm enjoying my time here." Its as if even he expected to be put out of his misery by now.

Off the pitch, we're still advertising 2022-2023 season tickets outside Wilbutts Lane. It was pointed out this week that the online shop was still showing the Hendo prize draw that finished in January. The staff list on .co.uk suggests Adrian has left the commercial department. There is no discernible effort to increase attendances for these last 5 games... no bring a mate for a fiver for the five games, no kids go free, no discounted entry, no pay what you can afford. We seemingly don't get loads of POTD fans, so any hit to revenue from those who come weekly should be made up by additional people through the gate spending additional money at the club. This would require some foresight, as we'd have to offer it to away fans too I believe, but that shouldn't be used as an excuse. A question - if you go on the Rochdale AFC facebook page on your mobile, can you see the next match details in the banner? This was pointed out to the club weeks ago by a couple of people, and its still not been rectified.

The volunteer army was due in January, & then within a week of the forum. 5 weeks later? Nothing.

The thanks to the board will forever be there for their actions last year, but it feels the goodwill is quickly slipping away. I commented months ago that I can't remember identifying less with a Dale squad. Its getting to a point where I feel as disconnected from the club as I can remember too. At a time we should all be pulling together and fighting together, I can only describe the current feeling as a bit sad.

The volunteer army would involve communicating with the fans and being inclusive as a club. It should have happened months and months ago and there were plenty of people willing to come forward and help. People who would have also assisted in the boardroom if asked, did anybody from the club ever have the courtesy to speak to Chris Dunphy and if not why not? Too many historic petty fall outs being put before the good of the club probably, by people who are no longer in the Boardroom. It's pathetic.

It's a unwillingness to communicate and accept help alongside a probable relegation into non league. Like you suggest a lot of good will has been lost and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Club/Trust try launch the volunteer army once we are in the National League. The communication will be spot on then but the appetite from those wiling to help when it was a fan owned and fan run club will be lost. The fans are consulted on a need to know basis or if they can be utilised in anyway, anything that involves them spending money usually.

None of this comes as a surprise though, there was no consultation with shareholders and fans when those in the Boardroom took it upon themselves to announce that the club was moving away from a fan owned and run model to one that was up for sale to somebody who was willing to come forward with the money. A decision that also didn't involve consultation with the supporters trust or shareholders. That sudden announcement came when fans had just bought shares in the second issue, thinking they were buying into a fan owned model. I'm no expert on these issues but bearing in mind the sudden change in the ethos of the club and all that involves ( sale of the club/ investors) shouldn't a EGM have been called by somebody, probably the supporters trust...even out of courtesy. The shareholders deserved to be properly consulted didn't they?

If Bottomley had made similar decisions off his own bat there would have rightly been a uproar and questions asked. Yet again it all comes down to a lack of communication from within the club and the fans are left hanging. The same fans, young and old ,who literally emptied their pockets every week to fill the buckets so the Trust could buy shares in the club. Every fan who has thrown into the buckets etc is a shareholder in the club in my eyes, no matter the amount, it was a joint effort to be a fan owned club. It's not good enough to just make major decisions and the fans have to either like it or lump it, there's been too much of that down the years.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 7:12]
Last 5 games at home on 07:10 - Mar 15 with 4101 viewsD_Alien

Last 5 games at home on 05:01 - Mar 15 by TalkingSutty

The volunteer army would involve communicating with the fans and being inclusive as a club. It should have happened months and months ago and there were plenty of people willing to come forward and help. People who would have also assisted in the boardroom if asked, did anybody from the club ever have the courtesy to speak to Chris Dunphy and if not why not? Too many historic petty fall outs being put before the good of the club probably, by people who are no longer in the Boardroom. It's pathetic.

It's a unwillingness to communicate and accept help alongside a probable relegation into non league. Like you suggest a lot of good will has been lost and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Club/Trust try launch the volunteer army once we are in the National League. The communication will be spot on then but the appetite from those wiling to help when it was a fan owned and fan run club will be lost. The fans are consulted on a need to know basis or if they can be utilised in anyway, anything that involves them spending money usually.

None of this comes as a surprise though, there was no consultation with shareholders and fans when those in the Boardroom took it upon themselves to announce that the club was moving away from a fan owned and run model to one that was up for sale to somebody who was willing to come forward with the money. A decision that also didn't involve consultation with the supporters trust or shareholders. That sudden announcement came when fans had just bought shares in the second issue, thinking they were buying into a fan owned model. I'm no expert on these issues but bearing in mind the sudden change in the ethos of the club and all that involves ( sale of the club/ investors) shouldn't a EGM have been called by somebody, probably the supporters trust...even out of courtesy. The shareholders deserved to be properly consulted didn't they?

If Bottomley had made similar decisions off his own bat there would have rightly been a uproar and questions asked. Yet again it all comes down to a lack of communication from within the club and the fans are left hanging. The same fans, young and old ,who literally emptied their pockets every week to fill the buckets so the Trust could buy shares in the club. Every fan who has thrown into the buckets etc is a shareholder in the club in my eyes, no matter the amount, it was a joint effort to be a fan owned club. It's not good enough to just make major decisions and the fans have to either like it or lump it, there's been too much of that down the years.

Since you raise the Trust issue TS, i'm sadly coming to the conclusion that having a Trust rep on the BoD isn't acheiving what is or was intended

Minor issues that are taken up are all well and good, but as far as the issues that really matter are concerned, our Trust rep is bound by confidentiality so in effect the benefit is negligible and may even compromise the independence of the Trust

Now, the Trust has stated that they wish to be consulted about new investors and given the opportunity to appraise them. It's the members of the board whose investment would be affected by this, so when push comes to shove, would doubts cast by the Trust - even if granted the opportunity to appraise - be really taken into account?

The point here is: assurances have been given by the board about this, but now we seem to be into a new ballgame where assurances on other matters (e.g. volunteer army) haven't bourne fruit

So, a number of issues here, but another one is the relationship between the Trust and the board. In my opinion (could be a shit one...) the independence of the Trust is more important than having a seat at the top table when effective communication has been lost with the fanbase
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 7:15]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Last 5 games at home on 07:28 - Mar 15 with 4070 viewsDalenet

Last 5 games at home on 07:10 - Mar 15 by D_Alien

Since you raise the Trust issue TS, i'm sadly coming to the conclusion that having a Trust rep on the BoD isn't acheiving what is or was intended

Minor issues that are taken up are all well and good, but as far as the issues that really matter are concerned, our Trust rep is bound by confidentiality so in effect the benefit is negligible and may even compromise the independence of the Trust

Now, the Trust has stated that they wish to be consulted about new investors and given the opportunity to appraise them. It's the members of the board whose investment would be affected by this, so when push comes to shove, would doubts cast by the Trust - even if granted the opportunity to appraise - be really taken into account?

The point here is: assurances have been given by the board about this, but now we seem to be into a new ballgame where assurances on other matters (e.g. volunteer army) haven't bourne fruit

So, a number of issues here, but another one is the relationship between the Trust and the board. In my opinion (could be a shit one...) the independence of the Trust is more important than having a seat at the top table when effective communication has been lost with the fanbase

I think that is very true. It was always a risk and it has now become reality. I can't help but think that the Trust is now compromised and that it feels that it can't act when it might ordinarily have done so. Back to the original purpose of the thread.....shouldn't we try and commemorate/celebrate our 102 year league history over the next few weeks. Would the Trust want to lead that? Can we get the towns folk to get to Spotland?
Last 5 games at home on 07:31 - Mar 15 with 4068 viewsTalkingSutty

Last 5 games at home on 07:10 - Mar 15 by D_Alien

I couldn't agree more with all of your points. The Trust have a fine line to walk and they need to keep some middle ground but we've been down this road before and i'm past falling out with people, especially when I've witnessed the tremendous efforts put in by Trust individuals over the last couple of years.

The fact that the Trust are a major shareholder and have a representative in the boardroom means they need to be involved in any negotiations with investors from the very start and not at a time when the Chairman and Directors decide to invite them. If that isn't happening then why not and using confidentiality as a excuse doesn't wash I'm afraid. I'm hoping the Trust reps have had this conversation with Simon etc. The Trust and it's members are front and centre of the Club and hold a lot of shares, they will be the ones working alongside any new owner/ investor.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 7:35]
Last 5 games at home on 07:48 - Mar 15 with 4037 views442Dale

Last 5 games at home on 05:01 - Mar 15 by TalkingSutty

Really good post which raises lots of questions that still require answers.

The dismissing of a model that clearly did work in the past, albeit one which had limitations and needed improvements, never sat right. Chucking a load of numbers out there which we were all already aware of may have been no happy accident, but it didn’t explain the sudden shift well enough.

Last 5 games at home on 08:02 - Mar 15 with 4008 viewsTalkingSutty

Last 5 games at home on 07:48 - Mar 15 by 442Dale

Really good post which raises lots of questions that still require answers.

The dismissing of a model that clearly did work in the past, albeit one which had limitations and needed improvements, never sat right. Chucking a load of numbers out there which we were all already aware of may have been no happy accident, but it didn’t explain the sudden shift well enough.

Well constructive criticism and discussing issues of concern is something that needs to be done. It's easier to keep quiet and don't rock the boat but we've seen where that leads to in the past. I've sensed your frustrations through your recent posts and you are correct regarding the lack of communication and failure to deliver, or even update on historic promises.
Last 5 games at home on 08:11 - Mar 15 with 3989 viewsfitzochris

From the outside looking in, it’s very hard to disagree with the sentiment expressed on this thread. Too many who should be vocal right now are silent.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Last 5 games at home on 15:57 - Mar 15 with 3643 viewsCockneyDale

Last 5 games at home on 18:50 - Mar 14 by TalkingSutty

If you look at the lack of information and action coming out of the club over the last month or so it appears to me as though the towel has been thrown in both on and off the pitch when it comes to retaining our EFL membership. Is that the number one priority or is it selling the club/ finding a investor? I think it's a fair question to ask. Has it been decided by those in the boardroom that the club isn't financially sustainable operating in the EFL? We are losing £1 million every year just to tread water.

We've been staring down the barrel a few times over the past decades and that's when leadership has been shown from the Chairman and appeals have been made to the public of Rochdale to get up to Spotland and help to rally the players, we've not even had a sniff of any of that this time. There seems to be a lack of urgency as to the league position or a misunderstanding as to the implications of being relegated, i don't believe it's any of those though, so why the inaction?

We have a manager who appears emotionally broken and really should have been relieved of his job a couple of months ago. He's the only person though who has fronted up and shown real concern as to what's happening on the pitch. Jim Bentley cares, pity some of the players don't. The people who are running the club, including the CEO are conspicuous by their absence when it comes to speaking about football related issues. Obviously they will be busy trying to sell the club/find a investor, i appreciate that but we are now probably a month or so away from being relegated and the silence from those running the club is deafening.

We are going down with a whimper and that's criminal really. Before the end of the season we have some of our iconic footballers visiting the club..Shaun Reid, Lyndon Symmonds, Steve Taylor, all players who gave their all to keep the club in the football league, all big characters who refused to throw in the towel. Everybody at the club including the fans will have to look those ex players in the eye, it's as though we've let them down as a club. They will be just as sad as the fans to see how this probable relegation is just being very quietly accepted.

This is what happens when communication is almost non existent, people are left wondering what's happening and start having to ask difficult questions.It's important that questions are always asked though, staying quiet is never a option.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 19:02]

As you reference, we do need a rallying cry from somewhere, some Churchillian words to engage everyone. Not just the Club, players and fans, but townsfolk in general: to come together and cheer the team on in these last few matches. Or there will be no more cup runs for the fairweather fans to get excited about for a long time!

If it can't come from within, what could we do from here? Remember once when we sent words in to Hill when he felt he needed encouragement? Or when we wrote on the thread begging the last major shareholder not to give in to MH and sell them his shares? We made a difference then. Can WE rally the troops?!
Last 5 games at home on 16:02 - Mar 15 with 3627 views442Dale

Last 5 games at home on 08:02 - Mar 15 by TalkingSutty

Well constructive criticism and discussing issues of concern is something that needs to be done. It's easier to keep quiet and don't rock the boat but we've seen where that leads to in the past. I've sensed your frustrations through your recent posts and you are correct regarding the lack of communication and failure to deliver, or even update on historic promises.

As you know from our discussions down the years, TS, it’s always been a frustration and there’s little doubt nothing much improves on a consistent basis. If it had, loyal fans who want their club to improve wouldn’t continue to have the conversations seen in this thread.

And to think, if it wasn’t for fans being constructive with criticism and discussing issues, following those up through various routes including the Trust and ensuring the club followed process, the events of 2021 may have gone in a direction we wouldn’t have wanted.

It’s quite baffling to even begin to try and work out why that consistent approach to making the club accountable at all times isn’t not only followed but accepted as necessary by all concerned. You can’t just pick and choose regimes where it applies. But there’s examples of that going back to the turn of the century. We all reap what we sow.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024