Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swindon Town (H) Match Thread 11:14 - Mar 17 with 15037 viewsHullDale

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 17:51 - Mar 18 with 5022 viewsJames1980

Bought my ticket for Crawley £2 for away fans as well.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 17:52 - Mar 18 with 4998 viewsD_Alien

I heard one or two comments at half time that people were thinking of leaving after we went 0-2 down. I even considered it myself... a right drubbing looked on the cards

Austin is such a class finisher, despite being against Dale it was almost a pleasure to watch the simplicity and coolness

Great resilience from Dale and we can score goals but need to toughen up in midfield. Sad to say, SAJ is just a passenger now and someone in the middle to get properly stuck in and give the ball to Brierley would make a huge difference. We've not got that in the squad

Despite Lloyd's superb strike and whole-hearted performance, my MoM was Mullarkey. We'll be very lucky to keep him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 18:08 - Mar 18 with 4858 viewsTrev

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 17:37 - Mar 18 by electricblue

I thought the boys put a shift into today but you cannot give somebody like Charlie Austin space...

The problem is somebody like Austin, who is far too good for L2, is an expert at finding space.
Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 18:30 - Mar 18 with 4694 viewsDaleiLama

Season in a 90 minute nutshell for me. Showed what we are capable of at our best and how vulnerable we are at our worst. Enjoyable game and so close to the 3 points we needed to keep us in with a shout. With that type of effort week in and week out we wouldn't be in this mess.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 18:36 - Mar 18 with 4650 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 18:08 - Mar 18 by Trev

The problem is somebody like Austin, who is far too good for L2, is an expert at finding space.

Austin had plenty of offers elsewhere including QPR but after returning from OZ he wanted to be near home and not have to travel, plus he started his career at Swindon. Proper player and way beyond anything else in this division. 5 years younger than Henderson it’s nice to see a player just wanting to play every week when I’m sure he could get bigger wages elsewhere.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 18:51 - Mar 18 with 4558 viewsrich_dale

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 17:52 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

I heard one or two comments at half time that people were thinking of leaving after we went 0-2 down. I even considered it myself... a right drubbing looked on the cards

Austin is such a class finisher, despite being against Dale it was almost a pleasure to watch the simplicity and coolness

Great resilience from Dale and we can score goals but need to toughen up in midfield. Sad to say, SAJ is just a passenger now and someone in the middle to get properly stuck in and give the ball to Brierley would make a huge difference. We've not got that in the squad

Despite Lloyd's superb strike and whole-hearted performance, my MoM was Mullarkey. We'll be very lucky to keep him

Might be a bit of a lightweight combination but giving Kelly a run now in midfield with Brierley and resting SAJ feels like it would be worth a try.
Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 19:59 - Mar 18 with 4280 viewsNorthernDale

It was a brilliant game and showed what we are capable of, and we could have won it in the end. At 2 down, I expected a right stuffing and the fightback showed a determination that as been missing for most of the season, despite some poor defending. However you have to say Charlie Austin and Williams were outstanding for Swindon, and you see that both had played at a higher then the average league 2 player. We are still on life support, but if we can replicate our attacking play next Saturday, then it still give us hope of beating Crawley and the drop, but we are also very dependent on Crawley not winning their games in hand against Donny and Grimsby.

I thought Mullarkey seemed to play more forward today and was outstanding and I can see him being sold, if we are relegated, I thought Lloyd and Brierley played well, and Lloyd's goal was outstanding and I have been critical of Odoh, but his goal was also a good strike and it makes you wonder, why he does not shoot more often.
Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 20:18 - Mar 18 with 4176 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 18:51 - Mar 18 by rich_dale

Might be a bit of a lightweight combination but giving Kelly a run now in midfield with Brierley and resting SAJ feels like it would be worth a try.

I agree

From now on in it's about scoring as many as we can, home and away

Login to get fewer ads

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 20:35 - Mar 18 with 4109 viewsrich_dale

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 20:18 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

I agree

From now on in it's about scoring as many as we can, home and away

Yes for sure and the best way to do that would be playing our most creative players together in the middle of the park. Our two best passers and both good at set piece deliveries as well.
Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 20:40 - Mar 18 with 4081 viewstony_roch975

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 20:35 - Mar 18 by rich_dale

Yes for sure and the best way to do that would be playing our most creative players together in the middle of the park. Our two best passers and both good at set piece deliveries as well.

Creativity alone in the middle of the park doesn't work (Brierley is defensively naive & it hurt us today). I'd want us to also play our strongest tacklers/ball winners there too - Odoh & Mullarkey come to mind.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 22:25 - Mar 18 with 3777 viewsJimmyRustler

We could do worse than trying Rhys in midfield to add a bit of defensive steel as he’s done well for us there in the past
Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 07:15 - Mar 19 with 3430 viewsTalkingSutty

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 19:59 - Mar 18 by NorthernDale

It was a brilliant game and showed what we are capable of, and we could have won it in the end. At 2 down, I expected a right stuffing and the fightback showed a determination that as been missing for most of the season, despite some poor defending. However you have to say Charlie Austin and Williams were outstanding for Swindon, and you see that both had played at a higher then the average league 2 player. We are still on life support, but if we can replicate our attacking play next Saturday, then it still give us hope of beating Crawley and the drop, but we are also very dependent on Crawley not winning their games in hand against Donny and Grimsby.

I thought Mullarkey seemed to play more forward today and was outstanding and I can see him being sold, if we are relegated, I thought Lloyd and Brierley played well, and Lloyd's goal was outstanding and I have been critical of Odoh, but his goal was also a good strike and it makes you wonder, why he does not shoot more often.

Agree with that. Really enjoyable game but one that exposed our naivity as a team big time. A good team wins that match every day of the week after going 3-2 up. We are absolutely brilliant at finding ways of either losing or drawing games from winning positions. Mentally weak all over the park i think, lacking a winning and killer instinct.

Taking the positives though, Lloyd's goal was a world class strike and Brierley produced one pass today in the second half that was worth the entrance money alone. Talking about money, Brierley is only going to get better and selling him on the cheap would be a criminal act.
Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 08:21 - Mar 19 with 3320 viewsseasidedale

I note that Henderson’s goal yesterday was his 119 th league goal equalling Reg’s record all time league goal record
Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 10:26 - Mar 19 with 3103 viewsleedsdale

For those who may not have seen

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 10:47 - Mar 19 with 3058 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 08:21 - Mar 19 by seasidedale

I note that Henderson’s goal yesterday was his 119 th league goal equalling Reg’s record all time league goal record

Talking of which, there is still unfinished business this season......can we scrape a Double in this of all crap seasons?

We have one last opportunity against the Mighty Bantams when they pitch up at our midden in April?

They are still sniffing around promotion so Sparky will have them eating raw meat and we could just upset them, if we can turn up like yesterday..

Maestro, obvious question : "when was last season we did not get a double over an opponent?"

You may have no idea but just asking.
Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 11:32 - Mar 19 with 2927 viewsTVOS1907

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 10:47 - Mar 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

Talking of which, there is still unfinished business this season......can we scrape a Double in this of all crap seasons?

We have one last opportunity against the Mighty Bantams when they pitch up at our midden in April?

They are still sniffing around promotion so Sparky will have them eating raw meat and we could just upset them, if we can turn up like yesterday..

Maestro, obvious question : "when was last season we did not get a double over an opponent?"

You may have no idea but just asking.

Tazzy used to be obsessed over league doubles.

Having managed to decipher what must be Yorkshire speak, with the absence of 'please' anywhere, it was in our relegation season, 2020/21.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 16:51 - Mar 19 with 2569 viewsEllDale

I know Austin did well but he also missed a sitter with a header midway through the first half when he headed it down and into ROD’s arms.
And without being too churlish after a real thriller there would have been some grief on here if Dale had conceded Odoh’s and Henderson’s goals.
Their backed off and backed off for the first of those and Hendo, whilst taking the goal well, was left to his own devices in the six yard box.
Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 22:22 - Mar 19 with 2285 viewsdingdangblue

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 16:51 - Mar 19 by EllDale

I know Austin did well but he also missed a sitter with a header midway through the first half when he headed it down and into ROD’s arms.
And without being too churlish after a real thriller there would have been some grief on here if Dale had conceded Odoh’s and Henderson’s goals.
Their backed off and backed off for the first of those and Hendo, whilst taking the goal well, was left to his own devices in the six yard box.

No ones really mentioned O'Donnell for the 1st goal. Quite bizarre that he dived to his left allowing Austin to put it straight down the centre of the goal? Not sure what he was thinking.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 22:30 - Mar 19 with 2264 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 22:22 - Mar 19 by dingdangblue

No ones really mentioned O'Donnell for the 1st goal. Quite bizarre that he dived to his left allowing Austin to put it straight down the centre of the goal? Not sure what he was thinking.

Let me guess

He was thinking "Shit, i've got a top class goalscorer here. He's just controlled the ball, sidestepped the defender and he's going to pull the trigger. The only chance i've got is to dive and hope the ball goes in that direction"

What it amounted to was similar to a penalty situation. Most keepers dive one way to give themselves a chance if that's the way the ball goes. Not sure why anyone would look to be critical about that
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 22:31]

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 07:53 - Mar 20 with 2029 viewsDale_4_Life

Nobody mentions Max Taylors headed goal just before HT. Ruled out for offside I think it looked very close. Another day we go in at HT 3-2 up.
Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 08:10 - Mar 20 with 2001 viewsdingdangblue

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 07:53 - Mar 20 by Dale_4_Life

Nobody mentions Max Taylors headed goal just before HT. Ruled out for offside I think it looked very close. Another day we go in at HT 3-2 up.

He was well offside if you watch full match on ifollow. Made his run too early and was ahead of the last defender. Shame really as it could had changed the game massively, from 0-2 down to 3-2 before ht! There were a few offsides in the first half that cost us. Both Odoh and Rodney should have been through on goal had they looked across the line. Swindon defended a very high line.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 20:37 - Mar 20 with 1468 viewsmikehunt

Re the disallowed goal - did Max head in directly from the free kick? If so one would have thought he was not off side before the ball was kicked. If he ran in to an offside position before it was kicked, fair enough. If it was headed on, also fair enough. Otherwise, diddled again.
Speaking of which, there was a shout for a penalty when Rodney had rounded their defender, only to go down. Anyone have a good view of this? Looked like a pen to me from where I was stood.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 21:05 - Mar 20 with 1402 viewsdingdangblue

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 20:37 - Mar 20 by mikehunt

Re the disallowed goal - did Max head in directly from the free kick? If so one would have thought he was not off side before the ball was kicked. If he ran in to an offside position before it was kicked, fair enough. If it was headed on, also fair enough. Otherwise, diddled again.
Speaking of which, there was a shout for a penalty when Rodney had rounded their defender, only to go down. Anyone have a good view of this? Looked like a pen to me from where I was stood.

Yes Max headed direct from the free kick - and as said earlier he was a good yard ahead of everyone else when it was played - shame really as it was a great ball and header. His miss at the end looks worse on tv!

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 21:32 - Mar 20 with 1346 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 20:37 - Mar 20 by mikehunt

Directly in front of me, it was the most blatant dive by Rodney, when he really should have just put the ball in the middle. Surprised he wasn't booked for simulation

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 21:40 - Mar 20 with 1327 viewsTVOS1907

Swindon Town (H) Match Thread on 21:32 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

Directly in front of me, it was the most blatant dive by Rodney, when he really should have just put the ball in the middle. Surprised he wasn't booked for simulation

Correct.

It's on here:

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024