Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) 16:16 - Mar 20 with 21712 viewsHammersmithR

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11881509/Wigan-DOCKED-three-p
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 16:17]
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 06:53 - Mar 21 with 4182 viewsPunteR

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 20:43 - Mar 20 by SydneyRs

So if we manage to stay up by avoiding a points deduction while others get deductions, we owe it all to the DOF and friends for their prudent management of the accounts.

There goes Les Ferdinand, I must remember to thank him.

Until next season.
We've got points coming our way unless we manage to sell a few of our players for a nice wedge.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 08:19 - Mar 21 with 4048 viewsjohnhoop

The way we’re going at the moment we’d need similar or even greater points deductions for Huddersfield and Blackpool for us to stay up!
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 08:24 - Mar 21 with 4029 viewsloftus77

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 08:19 - Mar 21 by johnhoop

The way we’re going at the moment we’d need similar or even greater points deductions for Huddersfield and Blackpool for us to stay up!

Yep - this thread is our only hope now - Thursday is the only thing left that matters this season.

I would say it needs to be Brum -12, Hudds -12 and Reading -6 for this to be relevant to us. Any less than that then we're League One next season.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 10:27 - Mar 21 with 3798 viewsfrancisbowles

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 08:24 - Mar 21 by loftus77

Yep - this thread is our only hope now - Thursday is the only thing left that matters this season.

I would say it needs to be Brum -12, Hudds -12 and Reading -6 for this to be relevant to us. Any less than that then we're League One next season.

I know things are bad but we've got two weeks to work on things and eight games to fight for every point.

A little less negativity and a bit more belief wouldn't do any harm.

They can't do it without us behind them.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 11:18 - Mar 21 with 3700 viewsBerkoRanger

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 10:27 - Mar 21 by francisbowles

I know things are bad but we've got two weeks to work on things and eight games to fight for every point.

A little less negativity and a bit more belief wouldn't do any harm.

They can't do it without us behind them.

Was thinking the same, fb !
I'm positive as well.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 11:23 - Mar 21 with 3680 viewsDannyPaddox

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 08:24 - Mar 21 by loftus77

Just gave you a one point deduction - in solidarity with your sentiments ✊🏼
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 12:37 - Mar 21 with 3495 viewsconnell10

I don't think Huddersfield are facing any points deduction.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 12:39 - Mar 21 with 3487 viewsNorthernr

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 12:37 - Mar 21 by connell10

Huddersfield are in the middle of a takeover talk with the same group that own AZ Alkmaar. However, the debts are so bad and losses so large that they believe the only way out is to buy it through a pre-packaged administration - i.e. you put it into admin, you buy it straight out of admin, all the creditors and the St John's Ambulance get 10p in the £1 for what they're owed. This is how Ken Bates shifted a load of Leeds debt back in the day. If they do go down this route, and it's before Thursday, it's an automatic 12 points.

A consortium of local businesses have today approached the club to buy it as a going concern without the admin...

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 12:40 - Mar 21 with 3482 viewsloftboy

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 12:37 - Mar 21 by connell10

There was talk of a take over in using going into short term administration which would trigger 12 points.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 12:48 - Mar 21 with 3417 viewsRs_Holy

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 12:40 - Mar 21 by loftboy

There was talk of a take over in using going into short term administration which would trigger 12 points.

Got to feel for the clubs going through this... I suppose we may stay up because of it but I actually think it would make me feel more pizza'd off about our club than I currently do right now (which is saying something).
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 12:51 - Mar 21 with 3413 viewsHarbour

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 12:39 - Mar 21 by Northernr

Huddersfield are in the middle of a takeover talk with the same group that own AZ Alkmaar. However, the debts are so bad and losses so large that they believe the only way out is to buy it through a pre-packaged administration - i.e. you put it into admin, you buy it straight out of admin, all the creditors and the St John's Ambulance get 10p in the £1 for what they're owed. This is how Ken Bates shifted a load of Leeds debt back in the day. If they do go down this route, and it's before Thursday, it's an automatic 12 points.

A consortium of local businesses have today approached the club to buy it as a going concern without the admin...

This looks like another Derby situation got to feel for the fans.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 12:53 - Mar 21 with 3400 viewsconnell10

Oh ok mate thanks , what a sorry state football is in.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 13:27 - Mar 21 with 3248 viewsMick_S

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 06:03 - Mar 21 by paulparker

Perhaps we should have an open top bus parade

Might be better with the top on, mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 13:30 - Mar 21 with 3232 viewsCroydonCaptJack

And if it is after Thursday Clive?
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 13:48 - Mar 21 with 3179 viewsR_from_afar

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 18:49 - Mar 20 by stevec

It’d be typical Rangers if we still went down despite the points deductions.

...and knowing us, it would be on goal difference, by a single goal, so our fans could spend the entire summer having a delightful debate about which of the myriad goals we conceded or chances we squandered was the one which consigned us to relegation

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 13:57 - Mar 21 with 3089 viewsterryb

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 13:30 - Mar 21 by CroydonCaptJack

And if it is after Thursday Clive?

If they go into administration after Thursday, it is a 12 point deduction for next season.

The same applies to Reading etc. If deductions are not administered by Thursday, they will apply for 2023/24
[Post edited 21 Mar 2023 14:04]
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 14:02 - Mar 21 with 3030 viewsNorthernr

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 13:57 - Mar 21 by terryb

If they go into administration after Thursday, it is a 12 point deduction for next season.

The same applies to Reading etc. If deductions are not administered by Thursday, they will apply for 2023/24

This.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 14:48 - Mar 21 with 2826 viewsThe_Beast1976

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 19:28 - Mar 20 by Wegerles_Stairs

So the smaller clubs down the bottom are the ones being penalised for FFP. Meanwhile Man City are beating decent Bundesliga sides 7-0. What a state of affairs.

Indeed. Shows that FFP is doing precisely what it was always intended to do.....
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 15:05 - Mar 21 with 2743 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 20:20 - Mar 20 by terryb

Wigan's deduction wasn't due to FFP. Points deductions for Huddersfield & Birmingham (if they happen) wouldn't be due to FFP.

Not paying wages, entering administration & fraudulent ownership would hardly improve if FFP wasn't in place!

In fact Terry I think they would increase!
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 15:19 - Mar 21 with 2658 viewsquickpassrotter

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 17:34 - Mar 20 by Juzzie

As we've seen with some players, pride seems to be a fast diminishing aspect of the game. More worried about their bank account than their pride.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 17:38]

Juzzie, think that you are right. I don't think pride comes into it - more like, ''why should I put the effort in, if I don't get paid for my endeavors anyway'' Also, if the club is close to regulation now, and your contract is possibly up in June - you might need another club with your agent's help. Need to avoid the injuries between now and end of the season to ensure that that you are ''fit and healthy'' and ready to move on.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 15:25 - Mar 21 with 2628 viewsTacticalR

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 06:03 - Mar 21 by paulparker

Perhaps we should have an open top bus parade

I would like to see the inauguration of a Points Deduction Trophy.

Air hostess clique

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 17:01 - Mar 21 with 2406 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 16:26 - Mar 20 by Northernr

Thursday deadline for all these.

Wigan confirmed

This post has been edited by an administrator

What's the nature of the deadline Clive - when the clubs have to respond, or when the EFL have said they will make an announcement or something else?

Thanks
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 17:39 - Mar 21 with 2309 viewsnumptydumpty

So if Huddersfield and Reading both not get points deducted and both stay up as do we,

then next season both Reading and Huddersfield start at -12 points at the start of the season so possibly two guaranteed relegation candidates.

With those odds even QPR got a chance of remaining in the Championship again !!!!

Deep Joy !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 18:09 - Mar 21 with 2237 viewsNorthernr

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 17:01 - Mar 21 by PinnerPaul

What's the nature of the deadline Clive - when the clubs have to respond, or when the EFL have said they will make an announcement or something else?

Thanks

When the punishment is metered out by the EFL. Announcement has to be before Thursday.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 19:10 - Mar 21 with 2049 viewsLblock

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 13:57 - Mar 21 by terryb

So why would they decide to do that between now and then?

Surely you'd take your chances if you were Reading to stay up this season and budget for the EFL dosh and fight your way out of -12 next season?

Huddersfield a bit different as they look a bit dodgier down there but same principle sort of. I'd give myself a chance this season as they're still in the mix.

I get it that deadline came into play to stop the chicanery a few clubs did before like going into Admin at HT of the last game of the season so following season a fresh slate. However I thought they also introduced some rule about starting a season in Admin as well so you could get a double deduction?

I dunno......... All I know is it is a tragic state of affairs that these discussions come into play for us this season. A systemic failure of the club no matter how you look at it.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024