Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 16:02 - Mar 25 with 18065 viewsozranger

Came off the bench with over 30 to go against Cyprus today when Adams went down. Played well and gave a good assist for the second goal. Worked well with his teammates. Many touches and strength quite decent and hopefully he can get back to full playing. With the same quality around him - Chair and Willock - I feel a lot more confident about our near future.

Pretty sure, unless Adams makes a good recovery, he will start against Spain on Tuesday evening.
Dykes on 16:56 - Mar 26 with 4067 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes on 00:58 - Mar 26 by FredManRave

Damn those differing of opinions on a football forum.

Imagine how much better this site would be if we all agreed on everything, all the time.

I disagree.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes on 19:54 - Mar 26 with 3927 viewsOldPedro

Dykes on 16:56 - Mar 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I disagree.

I agree.....or do I disagree??

I don't know I'm confused

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Dykes on 20:29 - Mar 26 with 3864 viewshubble

Let's just disagree to disagree.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Dykes on 09:45 - Mar 27 with 3655 viewsstantheman10

You all sound like Indecisive Dave off the Fast Show!
Dykes on 16:30 - Mar 27 with 3489 viewsPaddyhoops

Adams is definitely out for the Spain game . So here’s hoping for a a couple for Lyndon .
Should get his selling price up a couple of million even he never scored for us again.
Dykes on 18:25 - Mar 27 with 3373 viewsozranger

Dykes on 16:30 - Mar 27 by Paddyhoops

Adams is definitely out for the Spain game . So here’s hoping for a a couple for Lyndon .
Should get his selling price up a couple of million even he never scored for us again.

I'd like him to score, not because his selling price may go up, but because he will break his current duck and get back to scoring and thus do the same for us, hopefully, which is a lot more important right now than any selling fee we may get.
Dykes on 18:43 - Mar 27 with 3338 viewsRed_Ranger

incredible.
He's gone from being the weakest link to our best player in 6 months.
He's the constant.
its kind of unbelievable but true!
Dykes on 18:46 - Mar 28 with 3065 viewseastside_r

Starts tonight vs Spain. Good luck!
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes on 21:04 - Mar 28 with 2875 viewsSK_hoops

Dykes on 18:46 - Mar 28 by eastside_r

Starts tonight vs Spain. Good luck!

Scotland are 2-0 up. No involvement in either goal from Dykes though!
Dykes on 21:42 - Mar 28 with 2720 viewsCiderwithRsie

Dykes on 21:04 - Mar 28 by SK_hoops

Was involved in starting the attack that led to the first goal. Also got in a strike (on target I think) early on. Generally quite busy.

But missed a sitter when it was 1-0.

Pretty much classic Dykes performance.
Dykes on 21:42 - Mar 28 with 2716 viewsHarbour

Dykes on 21:04 - Mar 28 by SK_hoops

Played 89 minutes hopefully getting him back to full fitness
Dykes on 21:47 - Mar 28 with 2671 viewsnumptydumpty

Typical Dykes performance.

All in for his team, did part of his job well but no real goalscoring nous.

But in a team that just beat Spain at a canter really, can only reflect well on all the Scotland team.

Gives Dykes a boost for the clearly more important game of the week away at Wigan

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dykes on 21:57 - Mar 28 with 2625 viewsaston_hoop

I rated that Dykes performance, plenty of running, plenty of drawing in defenders, was getting involved but let the more skillful technical players have space to play their game. Dykes as we'd get the best out of him at QPR too when Chair and Willock can play around his presence.

Spain though....thats not Spain as we know it is it. Very much entering their Steve McClaren phase with the new manager in charge

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dykes on 22:00 - Mar 28 with 2604 viewsnumptydumpty

Dykes on 21:57 - Mar 28 by aston_hoop

I rated that Dykes performance, plenty of running, plenty of drawing in defenders, was getting involved but let the more skillful technical players have space to play their game. Dykes as we'd get the best out of him at QPR too when Chair and Willock can play around his presence.

Spain though....thats not Spain as we know it is it. Very much entering their Steve McClaren phase with the new manager in charge

Spain in transition agreed.

But still a win is a win and its their best as of now so still impressive but not beating alonso, xavi and iniesta admittedly !!

Dykes on 22:12 - Mar 28 with 2546 viewsdanehoop

Dykes on 22:00 - Mar 28 by numptydumpty

Spain in transition agreed.

But still a win is a win and its their best as of now so still impressive but not beating alonso, xavi and iniesta admittedly !!

Have to give Scotland credit. Total team performance and everyone played their part (including Dykes). They stopped Spain playing and brought huge intensity and commitment. I enjoyed that.

Never knowingly understood

Dykes on 23:07 - Mar 28 with 2374 viewsStainrod

Dykes on 22:12 - Mar 28 by danehoop

Have to give Scotland credit. Total team performance and everyone played their part (including Dykes). They stopped Spain playing and brought huge intensity and commitment. I enjoyed that.

Glad to see a much more nuanced assessment on Dykes here. My more regular posting hole (sorry) is Fantasy Island and they actually voted him the worst striker in qpr history. Even leaving aside that I assume even some of the more snr posters on there have presumably missed a few stand out candidates since 1882, it meant that he has literally been worse for us than Mark Hateley. Conor Washington played a similar number of games and had half the goals yet barely got a mention. Just showed it was all frustrated fans wanting a blame figure. But it is way over done.

We all know he isn’t the greatest but there is a reason for successive Rs managers plus the Scotland manager playing him when fit
Dykes on 23:53 - Mar 28 with 2285 viewsPeterHucker

Dykes on 23:07 - Mar 28 by Stainrod

Glad to see a much more nuanced assessment on Dykes here. My more regular posting hole (sorry) is Fantasy Island and they actually voted him the worst striker in qpr history. Even leaving aside that I assume even some of the more snr posters on there have presumably missed a few stand out candidates since 1882, it meant that he has literally been worse for us than Mark Hateley. Conor Washington played a similar number of games and had half the goals yet barely got a mention. Just showed it was all frustrated fans wanting a blame figure. But it is way over done.

We all know he isn’t the greatest but there is a reason for successive Rs managers plus the Scotland manager playing him when fit

Worst striker in QPR history?!?!?! What am utterly ridiculous claim.

Is it not written in the book of Revelation.....

And I heard the noise of thunder and one of the four beasts saying "Come and see."
And I saw and behold a pale horse.
And his name that sat on him was Sammy Koejoe.
And Eric Sabin followed with him.

Dykes on 00:01 - Mar 29 with 2271 viewsbob566

Dykes on 23:53 - Mar 28 by PeterHucker

Worst striker in QPR history?!?!?! What am utterly ridiculous claim.

Is it not written in the book of Revelation.....

And I heard the noise of thunder and one of the four beasts saying "Come and see."
And I saw and behold a pale horse.
And his name that sat on him was Sammy Koejoe.
And Eric Sabin followed with him.

They were awful but cheap. How about john Spencer. Probably paid around equivalent 60 mill in todays money for literally a hand full of goals
Dykes on 00:02 - Mar 29 with 2265 viewsnumptydumpty

Worst striker in QPR history !!!

Seriously !!!

That's a mad mad statement to make and so far off the mark.

As I said earlier seven or eight in recent times clearly less impact than Lyndon.

He is a team man and with the right people around him is an effective player.

With his goalscoring, for me, he can be a confidence player but his all round work rate is far better than many.

Fantasyisland I would suggest the correct name for that particular forum indeed !!!!

Dykes on 06:38 - Mar 29 with 2053 viewsjohnhoop

They must have had a collective memory block on the spectacle of watching Alessandro Pellicori appear in a Rangers shirt.
All the mobility of a Telegraph pole.
Dykes on 07:22 - Mar 29 with 1996 viewsdmm

Dykes on 06:38 - Mar 29 by johnhoop

They must have had a collective memory block on the spectacle of watching Alessandro Pellicori appear in a Rangers shirt.
All the mobility of a Telegraph pole.

Mr Paddox will be along soon with a Pelican pic mash up.
Dykes on 07:38 - Mar 29 with 1926 viewssilverbirch

Dykes on 00:01 - Mar 29 by bob566

They were awful but cheap. How about john Spencer. Probably paid around equivalent 60 mill in todays money for literally a hand full of goals

47 starts, 1 sub appearance, and 23 goals. Spencer was great, and a joy to watch…before it all went a bit strange.
Dykes on 07:55 - Mar 29 with 1889 viewslondonscottish

As a Scottish QPR supporter/ST holder this is pretty mush how I see Dykes.

He pretty much plays the same way for both Scotland and QPR; the difference for him in a Scotland shirt is that (a) he gets a lot more service and (b) has a lot more people running off him/around him.

In the Cyprus game the Scottish commentators kept going on about him when he came off the bench with McTominay. The pair of them made a sudden impact and Dykes' cushioned assist for McTs first goal was brilliant.

Same job, better results.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Dykes on 08:33 - Mar 29 with 1802 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes, that poll somewhat irked me over there mate, as you might have picked up!
Dykes on 08:44 - Mar 29 with 1778 viewsconnell10

I didnt watch the game and i dont know how Spain play these days , but they used to bore the tits off me with their passing for passing sake crap! So for that reason im glad the sweatys won!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024