Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim's interview on OS 10:04 - Jun 22 with 4092 viewsDalenet

Jim has shared quite a bit in his latest interview. Still expects to lose some players before the season starts. Says that the playing budget is the 'most humble' since he has been at the club - I take it that means the lowest. To be expected given what has happened. He talks about the Board being unhappy with how some of the budget has been spent over the past 2 years and don't want the same mistakes again - no pressure then Jim.

He is looking at certain players but they are hedging their bets for a better offer - either in terms of salary or playing in the EFL. But at some point some will need to bite. I hope we are not let left looking for the scraps, but it depends on who leaves us over the next week to two.

Players are back in next week to start training. No suggestion that they are having a training camp anywhere - the days of affording Tenerife etc are long gone I suspect.
Jim's interview on OS on 10:46 - Jun 22 with 3984 viewsEllDale

Interesting to see that the players are in for training in June rather than the seemingly traditional first week in June.
Presumably this means that all those out of contract at the end of the month eg LLoyd, Keohane will have to attend otherwise they could be in breach?
Jim's interview on OS on 11:17 - Jun 22 with 3912 viewsste1

Think he comes across well in those interviews, but (unsurprisingly) fairly clear we are having to run a very tight ship and getting the players in that we want is going to be tough

On a pale blue dot

Jim's interview on OS on 12:42 - Jun 22 with 3709 viewsdingdangblue

As long as we are Humble we should be OK.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jim's interview on OS on 12:44 - Jun 22 with 3703 views49thseason

Jim's interview on OS on 11:17 - Jun 22 by ste1

Think he comes across well in those interviews, but (unsurprisingly) fairly clear we are having to run a very tight ship and getting the players in that we want is going to be tough

Maybe if we had run a tighter ship over recent years we wouldnt be where we are now. A fit, motivated and enthusiastic squad albeit fewer in numbers would probably achieve more than we have managed lately. Players playing out of position occasionally and use of the loan markets is a small price to pay for financial stability and decent performances. Clearly there are players that have been hugely overpaid based on their contributions, one at least still being under contract. Maybe the board should be looking at paying off a portion of remaining contracts on the basis that they will not be selected and that they would be better off in career terms finding a new club.

As for Tenerife, Costa Plattlane will have to suffice, its the price of failure.
Jim's interview on OS on 12:54 - Jun 22 with 3686 viewsNewbury_Dale

Jim's interview on OS on 11:17 - Jun 22 by ste1

He has given Kairo Mitchell a 2 year deal. Is that running a tight ship ? Not for me.
Jim's interview on OS on 13:10 - Jun 22 with 3635 viewsChaffRAFC

Jim's interview on OS on 12:54 - Jun 22 by Newbury_Dale

He has given Kairo Mitchell a 2 year deal. Is that running a tight ship ? Not for me.

Gilmour got a two year deal too didn't he?

Players won't come if you offer them one year deals if they think they can get more elsewhere. He's admitted it's a struggle enticing players as it is.

None of what is said in the interviews surprises me. There will be at least three players (we can all guess who) who were brought in on decent money on two year deals who we desperately need off the wage bill to try and free up some more funds to add to the budget.

We're a National League club now, we can't pay League Two wages anymore.

We'll also need to make full use of the loan market too.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Jim's interview on OS on 14:29 - Jun 22 with 3469 viewsfermin

It is also worth remembering that there is no transfer window for us any more, as he points, so players can move in and out throughout the season (though not to EFL clubs), unless I have misunderstood.
Jim's interview on OS on 15:39 - Jun 22 with 3321 viewsDaleFan7

Are we targeting FL players in the hopes they won't get other offers and they'll drop down with us? If not, even with a reduced budget, surely we can be competitive with other teams in this division in terms of wage bill etc. I'd expect our budget to be in the top half of this league.
Login to get fewer ads

Jim's interview on OS on 16:54 - Jun 22 with 3168 viewsNorthernDale

I agree that we have to be careful with the money, but at the same time you can go to far in cutting back. I am concerned that Tony Ellis as left and I wish all the best, but it makes you wonder why, unless he has another job lined up. Again, we made the mistake recently offering 2 year contracts to people like John and EEL, so why repeat the mistake by offering new signings 2 year contracts.

I wonder with Kelly going, are Graham and Keohane looking around for better offers or have received better offers and it as not been announced yet. This uncertainty over players signing or leaving is a pain for the club, but we may have to increase our budget to attract players or we will be feeding on scraps and this could be a disaster for the club over this coming season, because that is the formula that Scunthorpe implemented with not much success. Jim Mcnulty is in a difficult place, in that he is operating in a situation that is not ideal for success or planning, he as to some extent go along with the board and consultants recommendations. Hopefully we can hold on to our key players for this coming season.
Jim's interview on OS on 00:28 - Jun 23 with 2797 viewsHopwoodblue

So basically nothings changed ? Board blaming previous managers on spending money on the wrong players?
Then bring in a company ? Then still award two contracts so now who’s to blame ?
Absolute farce !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Jim's interview on OS on 08:11 - Jun 23 with 2655 viewselectricblue

I have no problem with the club giving 2yr deals out to players like Gilmour and Mitchell at all..

But for the board to say that they are u happy with how the money was spent in those last 2 seasons..
Some nerve with that statement as they sanctioned the spending and the sacking of 2 managers.
Didnt the board state that the finances are ok!
Then didnt they mess that up buy blowing it all on 3 players?
Charman was sold and i hope that Dale got their money back.
Ball and Campbell are still at the club and if they are allowed to leave the the club should recoup their monies spent on those two..

But to blame others is not good at all.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Jim's interview on OS on 08:17 - Jun 23 with 2648 viewsseasidedale

Don’t know about recouping our money on Campbell, we were reported to have paid 150k for him, can’t see anyone paying that for him at the moment. Charman was sold for £50k ee paid £41K (source Darlington chairman) so they will have a sell on so whatever it was came from the £9k profit
Jim's interview on OS on 15:37 - Jun 23 with 2326 viewsJames1980

How long contracts should we be giving and would the best players we can afford come to us on a short term basis?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Jim's interview on OS on 15:43 - Jun 23 with 2299 viewsSaxonDale

Jim's interview on OS on 08:17 - Jun 23 by seasidedale

Don’t know about recouping our money on Campbell, we were reported to have paid 150k for him, can’t see anyone paying that for him at the moment. Charman was sold for £50k ee paid £41K (source Darlington chairman) so they will have a sell on so whatever it was came from the £9k profit

Remember as well that Tahvon Campbell would've been available to sign on a free transfer 6 months later. It really is incredible how we threw away so much money under Stockdale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024