Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes - New deal 16:56 - Jun 26 with 14395 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/dykes-agrees-new-deal-260623/

Was not expecting that

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 21:17 - Jun 26 with 3495 viewsDorse

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 21:05 - Jun 26 by stainrods_elbow

'Might just be enough to keep us up ' - wow, let's just take a moment, people, to note our complicity with the 'managed decline' of our lovely club (best London club in the top division not so long ago) such that we're now aspiring to stay in the old Div 2 with an under-par Scottish striker, a non-scoring rookie, and, uh, another non-scoring rookie.

With Dickie and Jojo's departure, we're going to need a minimum of least six new players to make us competitive next season, as far as I can see - inc. two strikers, a midfield playmaker, an enforcer, and a centre back/full back. And then, with the 'bedding'in' of new squad members, our institutionalised injury issues, and our usual dollop of rank misfortune, I'll be crossing everything!

Gulp and double gulp!

Yes but, apart from that, you think we'll be fine. Got it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 21:37 - Jun 26 with 3369 viewsOakR

I'm feeling much more positive about this than I thought I would! He probably has the right manager for him now - it will be interesting to see how he plays (and does) next season.

My only reservation is that I think Willock and Chair would benefit from a more mobile striker making runs in etc and I worry it will be a long time before we have two attacking midfielders like them.

Hopefully they can find a way for them to work together.

All in all though it's made me look forward to the season!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 21:49 - Jun 26 with 3272 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 19:46 - Jun 26 by 89_50

Add me to the list of people thinking this is positive news.

I've definitely been critical of Dykes's ability, but I respect his work ethic and industry.

Glad to see the club haven't panicked and sold to the first person waiving a cheque. This feels very much like the Eze extension, so now we just need to fatten the pig for market (to borrow Clive's phrase).

I appreciate we won't get anywhere near as much if/when Dykes moves on, but it puts us in a better position should we choose to sell.

Hopefully this encourages Willock to do similar.

If they were 'waiving' a cheque, that would mean they'd get him for nothing. Much as I don't really rate Dykes, even I would think that a bit of a bad show!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 21:52 - Jun 26 with 3271 viewscolinallcars

We'll leave no stone turned in our efforts to acquire a couple of players to provide chances for Lyndon.
Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 22:01 - Jun 26 with 3212 viewsNorthantsHoop

Happy to see him stay, puts in a shift and has the physical side of the game we need. Think he would make a good captain.
Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 22:11 - Jun 26 with 3124 viewsBlackCrowe

Just watched great interview with him and v glad he's signed - made of the right stuff, but flipping eck those tatts....looks like a death row pyschopath.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 22:13 - Jun 26 with 3109 viewsSydneyRs

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 16:59 - Jun 26 by aston_hoop

I'm delighted with it to be honest but again I think I rate him much higher than many

Me too, really pleased with this. Thought he was gone for sure.
Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 22:16 - Jun 26 with 3086 viewsSydneyRs

25 goals next season and we then sell him for 30 million. Easy.
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 22:49 - Jun 26 with 2895 viewsLazyFan

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 18:51 - Jun 26 by westy

As long as it’s around £6/ £8m then all good

It will be more like £5m I would guess, but that's fine.

We have protected the asset and ensured we have at least one forward. If Gaz plays Gazball and Dykes stays fit, we shall finally find out if Dykes really is that forward we have been after.

If, he is, then of course, he will be sold for the release clause. And that's better than the poxy £2m Millwall were offering. Also, gives Gaz time to find replacements.

I wonder if this means Martin will move on. His record is still decent, but as we know he's really passed it. I would keep Armstrong around, otherwise, whats the point of having young uns if loan them out and play tired old horses instead?

At the very least, this will stop all those Grangers websites going on about Dykes should be signed and so on. Also means if Moleface starts losing bigtime they will be onto him for not signing Dykes :P

zzzzzzzzzz

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 04:01 - Jun 27 with 2594 viewsAndybrat

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 17:43 - Jun 26 by VancouverHoop

In my heart I see Dykes banging in passes created by the speed of Armstrong and Smyth. In my head... I genuinely dunno! For now I'll follow my heart.

And Taylor Richards sitting behind him. Haven’t read the whole thread but Chris Martin on the bench and a great voice around the place makes sense
Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 06:45 - Jun 27 with 2423 viewsFDC

Of the assets with some potential value it makes sense that Ainsworth would identify him as the one he'd most like to keep, so I'm glad we've kept him for the near term. As others has said, had we sold it's unlikely we'd have found a better, affordable replacement.

Of course there is the nagging thought that we will really need to sell anyone else with value, and that this confirms what we all know: that we are going to be playing a hell of a lot of crosses into the box this season, as opposed anything more cultured. Fine if that means Dykes ends with 20 goals, but could get rather frustrating rather quickly if not.
Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 06:56 - Jun 27 with 2375 viewsnix

I'm thrilled as I've always been a Dykes fan. I agree we need to play to his strengths more and we need a bit more pace in the midfield/attacking midfield areas because he's no good if you have three defenders on him in a static position, he's much better running onto balls/attacking quick crosses into the box when the defence are running backwards.

Makes it even clearer that he's the right sort. One because he hasn't left it to the wire to sign, pissing us about and two because GA has invested a lot of his meagre budget on him. I don't think he'd do that lightly. As has been said we'd struggle to replace him for what we'd get for him.
Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 06:57 - Jun 27 with 2376 viewscpgerber

Extending his contract doesn't mean he is not for sale. We just added a couple of million to his selling price with this move.

I'm happy for him to stay, don't think we have had a better option since Charlie Austin. He is not prolific, but I have a feeling that might change soon. Fingers crossed.
Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 08:40 - Jun 27 with 2156 viewsTheChef

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 18:15 - Jun 26 by BushRanger82

Underwhelming.

Yeah sorry unfortunately Haaland wasn't available.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 10:03 - Jun 27 with 1972 viewsGloucs_R

A week ago he was worth 2 million and now he's worth 4 million. For that reason alone it was worth his contract extension.

Realistically it would have cost us a few million to replace him, which is money we just don't have currently.

If we play more like Scotland he will score more goals

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 10:11 - Jun 27 with 1936 viewsstevec

Whatever his strengths are it’s fair to say we’ve never played to them.

That won’t be the case under GA, I would assume, but I’d still doubt whether he would score more than 10 goals this season.
Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 10:40 - Jun 27 with 1871 viewsQPunkR

Not a fan of his in terms of playing ability, he's never looked like an actual footballer. However, it makes sense to tie him down to a longer contract - now we have some power in any negotiations with prospective buyers and can make more money than we would have if we'd been forced to sell this summer with just 12 months left on his contract.

So all in all, the deal makes sense for the Club

QPR - "shit but local"

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 11:22 - Jun 27 with 1708 viewsBurnleyhoop

'Might just be enough to keep us up ' - wow, let's just take a moment, people, to note our complicity with the 'managed decline' of our lovely club (best London club in the top division not so long ago) such that we're now aspiring to stay in the old Div 2 with an under-par Scottish striker, a non-scoring rookie, and, uh, another non-scoring rookie.

With Dickie and Jojo's departure, we're going to need a minimum of least six new players to make us competitive next season, as far as I can see - inc. two strikers, a midfield playmaker, an enforcer, and a centre back/full back. And then, with the 'bedding'in' of new squad members, our institutionalised injury issues, and our usual dollop of rank misfortune, I'll be crossing everything!

Gulp and double gulp!

No one said this season was going to be easy……the opposite in fact. It is going to be brutal and having a battling, admittedly low scoring, no-9 will help our cause.

First target for me would be trying to shore up our defensive structure, having conceded in excess of 70 goals for the last two seasons must be addressed. Having a striker that can can score in excess of 10, or even 20 goals is irrelevant if we continue to concede by the bucketful.
Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 12:38 - Jun 27 with 1456 viewskensalriser

Gulp and double gulp!

Not long since we were top London club? It was 30 years ago. And even then we were still behind poxy Norwich and Blackburn.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 13:55 - Jun 27 with 1310 viewsgolborne

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 17:18 - Jun 26 by E15Hoop

Don't shout too loudly, but things are looking up..

the whole crowd will be for much of the season
Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 15:27 - Jun 27 with 1134 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm pleased too.

He always puts in a shift and if someone wants him well "Show me the money Lebowski".

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 17:18 - Jun 27 with 1027 viewsMrSheen

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 15:27 - Jun 27 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm pleased too.

He always puts in a shift and if someone wants him well "Show me the money Lebowski".

The day after I renewed. Coincidence? I think not.
Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 19:13 - Jun 27 with 911 viewsdavman

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 21:06 - Jun 26 by stainrods_elbow

Great strategy - sell our two best/creative/playmaking players, and hope for the best out of the remnants. Just out of interest, what's your position for our final placing?

24th - why?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 20:05 - Jun 27 with 838 viewsHooping_Mad

Is it me or do Lyndon's teeth look very white?

https://youtube.com/shorts/djozYzwc8cY?feature=share
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 20:06]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 20:18 - Jun 27 with 795 viewsGloryHunter

Lyndon Dykes - New deal on 13:55 - Jun 27 by golborne

the whole crowd will be for much of the season

That's very good
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024