Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JCS To Miss Opening Game….. 14:58 - Aug 2 with 9162 viewscolinallcars

Just back from the Cow & Hedge, so sorry if Spack
WLS saying Jake will miss the Watford match.
Well smack my thigh……
JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 07:46 - Aug 3 with 1804 viewsDannyPaddox

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 07:00 - Aug 3 by larsricchi

While he might miss Matchday 1, fear not! For he has posted this positive statement on the Instagram app

Heavy influence of International Hairdressers Monthly
JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 08:06 - Aug 3 with 1760 viewsted_hendrix

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 07:46 - Aug 3 by DannyPaddox

Heavy influence of International Hairdressers Monthly

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 08:14 - Aug 3 with 1742 viewsBurnleyhoop

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 07:34 - Aug 3 by Northernr

Yeh, thirded.

I sat in a meeting with Gareth last Thursday where he said there was nothing wrong with Smyth, done a bit of a groin in Austria and they don't want recurring injury problems this season so they'd taken him out of the line of fire to make sure he was 100%, but he'd be playing at Oxford. 48 hours later, he's not there. What do you gain by doing that?

On JCS, for me, it's not the impression he's 'downed tools' which I got from some of the other players who were leaving at the end of last season (Laird, Roberts, Balogun) that's annoying me. It's more the sort of Premier League academy attitude of 'I've got a knock, and therefore I'm out'. That he's only going to play if he's 100%, which in a 48 game season, in this physical league, you're never going to be. You are going to have to play through some injuries at some point. With him every little kick or twinge seems to send him scurrying back to the exercise bikes. You're not at Cobham any more mate.

I’ve pretty much had my fill of all these academy products. They appear to have been brought up being pampered and fawned upon for their technical abilities playing on perfect pitches against boys of their own ilk and are more interested in how many tricks they can perform and who has the coolest cloths and car than preparing themselves for the rigours of playing men’s football in the championship.

I’m obviously old school, but I played county football and came back after broken tib/ fib fractures, busted knees and ankles and played through all sorts of pain. I wanted to play, not peddle an exercise bike looking out of the window of a fancy training complex.

Players like Ainsworth, Derry, Rowlands ( a personal fave), have been replaced by the likes of JCS, Dozzell and Richard’s. No wonder we are on a downward spiral, they simply don’t have the stomach for the fight and appear to just want an easy life without having to put the effort in.
JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 10:11 - Aug 3 with 1575 viewsWatford_Ranger

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 08:14 - Aug 3 by Burnleyhoop

I’ve pretty much had my fill of all these academy products. They appear to have been brought up being pampered and fawned upon for their technical abilities playing on perfect pitches against boys of their own ilk and are more interested in how many tricks they can perform and who has the coolest cloths and car than preparing themselves for the rigours of playing men’s football in the championship.

I’m obviously old school, but I played county football and came back after broken tib/ fib fractures, busted knees and ankles and played through all sorts of pain. I wanted to play, not peddle an exercise bike looking out of the window of a fancy training complex.

Players like Ainsworth, Derry, Rowlands ( a personal fave), have been replaced by the likes of JCS, Dozzell and Richard’s. No wonder we are on a downward spiral, they simply don’t have the stomach for the fight and appear to just want an easy life without having to put the effort in.

There’s a sizeable and growing minority of players at this level and even below who want the footballer life without being a footballer. Rowlands etc. were well paid but on the sort of money we could kind of relate to and probably needed the appearance money to top up their salaries. If JCS is one of the higher earners then his basic will have him living like a king and he’s never demonstrated much desire to actually do his job.
JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 10:27 - Aug 3 with 1531 viewsBlue_Castello

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 08:14 - Aug 3 by Burnleyhoop

I haven't read all the thread but it doesn't take a mastermind to work out the running theme, the good news is that Dozzell is in the last year of his contract the bad news is we gave both the other sick notes very lengthy contracts.

The big question is will they ever be fit enough to make a significant contribution to the team, surely a club like ours with a very low budget for wages and transfers should make overall fitness a number one priority when negotiating and signing contracts.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 10:32]
JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 10:27 - Aug 3 with 1530 viewsbosh67

Although it is very frustrating re JCS I don't think there is an unwillingness to play. He has been beset with injuries that at this level means he's really struggling to find any kind of consistent fitness.

There is a duty of care to get him right, as there has been with players like Hall and Amos, but that said I think there has to be a point where the club perhaps looks seriously into whether or not this player is ever going to be 100%? Give our financial position do we keep a player who may play 10-12 games a season if we're lucky or attempt to somehow terminate the agreement and at least have funds to pay someone else wages?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 10:28 - Aug 3 with 1525 viewsRs_Holy

While he might miss Matchday 1, fear not! For he has posted this positive statement on the Instagram app

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 10:51 - Aug 3 with 1456 viewsWatford_Ranger

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 10:27 - Aug 3 by bosh67

Although it is very frustrating re JCS I don't think there is an unwillingness to play. He has been beset with injuries that at this level means he's really struggling to find any kind of consistent fitness.

There is a duty of care to get him right, as there has been with players like Hall and Amos, but that said I think there has to be a point where the club perhaps looks seriously into whether or not this player is ever going to be 100%? Give our financial position do we keep a player who may play 10-12 games a season if we're lucky or attempt to somehow terminate the agreement and at least have funds to pay someone else wages?

For sake of argument if he’s on £500k a year he’s got £1.5m or so to go and if he’s not fit enough to find another club any time soon you’re talking a chunky six figures for him to even consider it plus obviously lose any potential appearances he will make albeit fleetingly plus the ability to sell him on should he string together a dozen half decent appearances some day and someone else is stupid enough to take a punt. I wish we could just bin him but it’ll never happen.
Login to get fewer ads

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 11:27 - Aug 3 with 1366 viewsQPunkR

If that were the case, he'd be strong as a bloody ox!

QPR - "shit but local"

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 13:29 - Aug 3 with 1185 viewsBklynRanger

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 10:27 - Aug 3 by bosh67

I think we've seen enough from successive managers to tell its not as simple as him being unable to play because of injury though.

Ainsworth's reaction when asked about him at Oxford, Critchley's comment before that about certain players putting their hand up (something along those lines) - it seems clear enough that if JCS was prepared to risk it, even just a little bit, he could have featured a lot more by now. We could all be wrong I know but I'd be absolutely stunned.

Goes back to that idea of what is their version of 100% effort, and equally what is his version of being available?
JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 14:29 - Aug 3 with 1079 viewsaston_hoop

I've resigned myself to 8 starts and 6 sub appearances with a gap between October and February for JCS this season. Doesn't matter anyway, The Gubbernor is going to pocket whichever Udinese cast-off is playing up front on Saturday.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 14:36 - Aug 3 with 1050 viewsQCR

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 17:44 - Aug 2 by WD99

Let me preface this by saying that I get that this predates Ainsworth, but at this point the club’s (Ainsworth’s?) insistence on not really providing any sort of update on our injured players is doing them a disservice. We are already rightly skeptical of players like JCS who seemed to have downed tools last season and not appeared to remotely try playing unless 100%. But if he ends up missing more than a month because of a “knock on his calf” we are going to be fuming. And it’s not just him. Our marquee outfield signing Smyth has played in one half of a preseason game without any real story of why. Jimmy Dunne takes a terrible fall last weekend and I don’t think we have really heard anything concrete as to what is wrong. I think any tactical advantage we lose by “revealing” some of this is more than made up for by not having our already on edge support base further angered at our own people…

This. I am slowly (but surely) coming to the opinion Ainsworth iust spouts shyte. He seems to think he needs to be all enigmatic less someone cracks our tactical code. But it's only us that want to know. Whether Smyth is back "on the grass" or not is not remotely interesting to any opposing coach. We just want to know if we can field a team of 11 When Saturday Comes.
JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 15:09 - Aug 3 with 967 viewsstevec

You’ve only to look at the build of JCS to know he’ll never stand up to the physicality of Championship football, especially in that position.

We keep signing these type of players who are easily knocked off balance and hence the muscle based injuries. Amos couldn’t take a tackle which might well be why his knees became vulnerable. Dozzell you rarely see in a 50/50, he’s clever in that respect, but it’s a handicap when he’s only able to play on his terms. Willock is better balanced and been excellent for us, but one hard whack seems to have finished him which, given the type of tackle at Forest, you would expect most players to have made a full recovery way before now.

It’s not about being big either, Chair is a shining example of a player with the correct build for football.

Any player can get a serious injury but these muscle based injury absentees can be spotted and largely avoided.
JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 16:46 - Aug 3 with 870 viewstoboboly

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 15:09 - Aug 3 by stevec

You’ve only to look at the build of JCS to know he’ll never stand up to the physicality of Championship football, especially in that position.

We keep signing these type of players who are easily knocked off balance and hence the muscle based injuries. Amos couldn’t take a tackle which might well be why his knees became vulnerable. Dozzell you rarely see in a 50/50, he’s clever in that respect, but it’s a handicap when he’s only able to play on his terms. Willock is better balanced and been excellent for us, but one hard whack seems to have finished him which, given the type of tackle at Forest, you would expect most players to have made a full recovery way before now.

It’s not about being big either, Chair is a shining example of a player with the correct build for football.

Any player can get a serious injury but these muscle based injury absentees can be spotted and largely avoided.

You say that but Matt Connolly wasn't a big strong guy and he was great at this level and rarely injured.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 17:18 - Aug 3 with 806 viewsstevec

JCS To Miss Opening Game….. on 16:46 - Aug 3 by toboboly

You say that but Matt Connolly wasn't a big strong guy and he was great at this level and rarely injured.

Yeah I’d never have thought of Connolly in the fragile department. I thought him, Gorkks, Hill and Orr were possibly the ultimate defensive line up.

You could not knock off balance Hill, Orr or Gorks in a month of Sundays. Connolly may not be at that level but still built to stand up to challenges.

Something about lack of core strength perhaps that sets those players apart from the present ones mentioned earlier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024