Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon 22:48 - Aug 8 with 12564 viewsraynor94

Agreed to join Leeds on a season long loan

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Joe Rodon on 23:01 - Aug 8 with 6435 viewsDr_Winston

Probably not worth £25m as so many insisted then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joe Rodon on 23:17 - Aug 8 with 6393 viewsdobjack2

Joe Rodon on 23:01 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

Probably not worth £25m as so many insisted then.

Never was, he was a work in progress that needed to go where he would get regular games.
Joe Rodon on 23:46 - Aug 8 with 6356 viewsFireboy2

Joe Rodon on 23:17 - Aug 8 by dobjack2

Never was, he was a work in progress that needed to go where he would get regular games.

This ^

Bloody shame as he has gone backwards at a rate of knots.
Joe Rodon on 06:33 - Aug 9 with 6211 viewsDr_Winston

Joe Rodon on 23:17 - Aug 8 by dobjack2

Definitely.

Lots of people seemed to think otherwise though, even when he'd never kicked a ball in the Premier League.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joe Rodon on 08:34 - Aug 9 with 6076 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon on 06:33 - Aug 9 by Dr_Winston

Definitely.

Lots of people seemed to think otherwise though, even when he'd never kicked a ball in the Premier League.

He needs to play but the only thing Joe lacks is experience at Prem level.

He has 37 welsh caps at 25.
100 caps might happen.

He has played at World Cup and Euros already.
Played in the French top division.

Joe is work in progress in terms of week in, week out Prem performances but he is a top player. Our club and its supporters should be proud to have produced such a player.

Leeds is important for him though.
Needs to stay injury free and play every week.

Beware of the Risen People

Joe Rodon on 09:16 - Aug 9 with 6000 viewsonehunglow

Joe Rodon on 08:34 - Aug 9 by Kilkennyjack

He needs to play but the only thing Joe lacks is experience at Prem level.

He has 37 welsh caps at 25.
100 caps might happen.

He has played at World Cup and Euros already.
Played in the French top division.

Joe is work in progress in terms of week in, week out Prem performances but he is a top player. Our club and its supporters should be proud to have produced such a player.

Leeds is important for him though.
Needs to stay injury free and play every week.

He has class and you can’t make that up.
He has it and it strengthens Lids,sadly.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joe Rodon on 10:10 - Aug 9 with 5963 viewsKeithHaynes

We have better.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joe Rodon on 10:25 - Aug 9 with 5949 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 10:10 - Aug 9 by KeithHaynes

We have better.

Who?
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon on 11:01 - Aug 9 with 5903 viewshowenjack

Looks like we won't be seeing Liam Cooper for a while then , stretchered off Saturday.
Joe Rodon on 11:04 - Aug 9 with 5895 viewsnantywatcher

Joe Rodon on 10:25 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

Who?

Nathan Wood is a class beyond Joe.
Joe Rodon on 11:27 - Aug 9 with 5849 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 11:04 - Aug 9 by nantywatcher

He has all the same deficiencies on the ball and nothing to suggest he's any better a defender. People forget how good Joe was for us (and what it was like to have a team with a decent defence).
Joe Rodon on 11:29 - Aug 9 with 5836 viewsDr_Winston

Franck Tabanou played in the French top flight. Chris Gunter played more than 100 times for Wales. Both of them were rubbish.

Rodon had potential but no more than that. Has clearly not kicked on since leaving us. Needs games if his career isn't going to stagnate completely.

Joe Rodon (n/t) on 11:36 - Aug 9 with 5840 viewsnantywatcher

Joe Rodon on 11:27 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

He has all the same deficiencies on the ball and nothing to suggest he's any better a defender. People forget how good Joe was for us (and what it was like to have a team with a decent defence).

Wood is an all round better footballer and has a calmness about his play that is natural and cannot be coached. I would be surprised if we could hang on to him for more than 12 months.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 11:40]
Joe Rodon (n/t) on 13:55 - Aug 9 with 5722 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon (n/t) on 11:36 - Aug 9 by nantywatcher

Wood is an all round better footballer and has a calmness about his play that is natural and cannot be coached. I would be surprised if we could hang on to him for more than 12 months.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 11:40]

I rate Wood and your post is right on the money.

However big Joe is even better.
And a JB.

Beware of the Risen People

Joe Rodon on 13:57 - Aug 9 with 5717 viewsKeithHaynes

Joe Rodon on 10:25 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

Who?

The three we have.

Joe Rodon on 14:23 - Aug 9 with 5658 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe Rodon on 13:57 - Aug 9 by KeithHaynes

The three we have.

I do not like Joe's body language, He facial expression is one of whinging and complaint. Cabango always looks tougher. I like a stern look of no compromise from centre backs. Not a look of "i am having another bad day".

Winter did a great job getting £11m with £4m add ons. Not much chance of those. I know it is not allowed to say anything good about winter on here. I keep testing the narratives.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 18:17]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joe Rodon on 14:35 - Aug 9 with 5635 viewsItchySphincter

Joe Rodon on 06:33 - Aug 9 by Dr_Winston

Definitely.

He was nowhere near ready and I said so at the time. I was told he would’better than any of the others that had gone before, pah.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Joe Rodon on 14:39 - Aug 9 with 5631 viewsItchySphincter

Joe Rodon on 11:04 - Aug 9 by nantywatcher

Nonsense.

Joe Rodon on 14:43 - Aug 9 with 5616 viewsModeratorC

Joe Rodon on 14:39 - Aug 9 by ItchySphincter

Nonsense.

Seeing as Rodon hasn’t played in the championship for some years, and very few have witnessed him since he left ?

There’s some value in the comment.
Joe Rodon on 14:53 - Aug 9 with 5583 viewsItchySphincter

Joe Rodon on 14:43 - Aug 9 by ModeratorC

Seeing as Rodon hasn’t played in the championship for some years, and very few have witnessed him since he left ?

There’s some value in the comment.

It’s an opinion and mine is that Nathan Wood is certainly not a class above Joe Rodon, and the suggestion that he is is laughable. Personally I don’t see Rodon as a top player but he’s twice the footballer that Wood is. My opinion is subject to change depending on whether or not Wood actually does anything in future, but at this point reports of his greatness are grossly exaggerated.

Joe Rodon on 14:57 - Aug 9 with 5575 viewsKeithHaynes

Joe Rodon on 14:53 - Aug 9 by ItchySphincter

It’s an opinion and mine is that Nathan Wood is certainly not a class above Joe Rodon, and the suggestion that he is is laughable. Personally I don’t see Rodon as a top player but he’s twice the footballer that Wood is. My opinion is subject to change depending on whether or not Wood actually does anything in future, but at this point reports of his greatness are grossly exaggerated.

I would agree, in fact, Wood for me is more dynamic, Rodon was more comfortable on the ball but clearly since leaving the Swans he hasn’t been able to push on. Wood hasn’t had that opportunity as yet. Rodon went too quickly in what was at the time and remains a very decent bit of business.

Joe Rodon on 15:10 - Aug 9 with 5548 viewsnantywatcher

Joe Rodon on 14:39 - Aug 9 by ItchySphincter

Nonsense.

If there was a swap deal available between the two players I would expect us to draw a lump of cash plus Joe. Time will tell who is right or wrong.
Joe Rodon on 16:42 - Aug 9 with 5439 viewsonehunglow

Joe Rodon on 15:10 - Aug 9 by nantywatcher

If there was a swap deal available between the two players I would expect us to draw a lump of cash plus Joe. Time will tell who is right or wrong.

Opinions eh.
Rodon Fully fledged full international .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joe Rodon on 17:27 - Aug 9 with 5381 viewsTreforys_Jack

Joe Rodon on 14:23 - Aug 9 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not like Joe's body language, He facial expression is one of whinging and complaint. Cabango always looks tougher. I like a stern look of no compromise from centre backs. Not a look of "i am having another bad day".

Winter did a great job getting £11m with £4m add ons. Not much chance of those. I know it is not allowed to say anything good about winter on here. I keep testing the narratives.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 18:17]

I hate myself but I completely agree with this, always looks like he's about to burst into tears.
Joe Rodon on 18:07 - Aug 9 with 5328 viewsBoundy

Joe Rodon on 14:57 - Aug 9 by KeithHaynes

I would agree, in fact, Wood for me is more dynamic, Rodon was more comfortable on the ball but clearly since leaving the Swans he hasn’t been able to push on. Wood hasn’t had that opportunity as yet. Rodon went too quickly in what was at the time and remains a very decent bit of business.

Agree ,I think Wood will push on and improve whereas Joe's next move will determine his future status in the game.Wood,s game has improved and last night he looked a class above any one else defensively

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024