Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tella off 24 million 22:59 - Aug 25 with 5100 views1teeminants

All agreed.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Tella off 24 million on 11:11 - Aug 27 with 834 viewsdirk_doone

Tella off 24 million on 02:57 - Aug 26 by 1teeminants

Excuse me for being a bit thick here but if Adams goes we have 5 days to sign a proven goal scorer at this level ( which Tella was ) extremely risky imo . I am completely baffled by this decision to let Tella go. I hope and pray they keep Adams🙏🙏. and I hope SR know what they’re doing. They don’t seem to take much notice when Martin says he wants to keep certain players .

It's all about clearing the club's debts. It's been fairly clear for some time now that our better players would be sold and replaced with loanees and free transfers. As long as we don't get relegated and we won't then that seems a reasonable strategy from the owners' point of view although it's a bit frustrating for the fans and the manager.

If we keep winnning , everybody will be happy.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Tella off 24 million on 11:43 - Aug 27 with 803 views1teeminants

Tella off 24 million on 09:44 - Aug 27 by grumpy

I like the look of Ryan Fraser, but selling Tella is a mistake.
Tella would have created and scored goals for us in the Championship.

Couldn’t agree more . Trouble is he wanted to leave . Players have too much power.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Tella off 24 million on 15:10 - Aug 27 with 741 viewsLondonSaint76

Tella off 24 million on 11:43 - Aug 27 by 1teeminants

Couldn’t agree more . Trouble is he wanted to leave . Players have too much power.

Agree with you and Grumpy, a mistake to sell Tella, and yes, the players have far too much power these days.
The first thing that needs scrapping is this wretched Bosman Rule, typical FIFA decision making, a one size fits all rule when clearly one size does not fit anywhere near all clubs. Bosman was a two bit chancer who if he’d been playing in this country today would not even get into Sholing’s team. In principle, the Bosman Rule works at that level but it is ridiculous to apply the same rule at Pl / Championship level. By all means allow players to move upon expiry of a contract but for true market value not for peanuts 12 months prior or for free once the contract expires. This would sort out a good number of the situations clubs face with players and their slimy agents manipulating things in their favour. Rant over.
Fingers crossed we keep Che but not looking good now…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Tella off 24 million on 15:21 - Aug 27 with 734 viewsIfonly

Tella off 24 million on 15:10 - Aug 27 by LondonSaint76

Agree with you and Grumpy, a mistake to sell Tella, and yes, the players have far too much power these days.
The first thing that needs scrapping is this wretched Bosman Rule, typical FIFA decision making, a one size fits all rule when clearly one size does not fit anywhere near all clubs. Bosman was a two bit chancer who if he’d been playing in this country today would not even get into Sholing’s team. In principle, the Bosman Rule works at that level but it is ridiculous to apply the same rule at Pl / Championship level. By all means allow players to move upon expiry of a contract but for true market value not for peanuts 12 months prior or for free once the contract expires. This would sort out a good number of the situations clubs face with players and their slimy agents manipulating things in their favour. Rant over.
Fingers crossed we keep Che but not looking good now…

The Bosman ruling was nothing to do with FIFA or any football authority. It was a decision made by the European Court of Justice based on EU law. I agree it was bad for football, but arguably what existed before wasn't great either. If you think that Brexit means we don't have to follow it anymore, think again.
Tella off 24 million on 15:58 - Aug 27 with 706 viewsbarry_sanchez

I hope I'm wrong but the continued sell off surely won't end well will it? The selling of your best players isn't a formula that'd been successful in the past has it?

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Tella off 24 million on 17:06 - Aug 27 with 638 viewsfelly1

Tella off 24 million on 15:58 - Aug 27 by barry_sanchez

I hope I'm wrong but the continued sell off surely won't end well will it? The selling of your best players isn't a formula that'd been successful in the past has it?

Burnley last season?
Sold for bif profits.
All their best players.
1.Pope..Newcastle
2. Tarkowski..Everton
3. Mee..Brentford ( tbf free transfer)
4. Collins...Wolves
5. McNeil..Everton
6. Cornet..West Ham
7. Wood.. Newcastle

Signed a load of loanees and good L1/ Championship players on the cheap and smashed the league.
Tella off 24 million on 18:53 - Aug 27 with 588 viewsIfonly

Tella off 24 million on 15:58 - Aug 27 by barry_sanchez

Let's hope it does end well because, whatever happens this year, that is the future for Saints. Even if it wasn't the SR business model, we will always be forced into selling our best players when they have 1 year left on their contract, or when they go on strike.
Tella off 24 million on 14:30 - Aug 29 with 474 viewsLondonSaint76

Tella off 24 million on 15:21 - Aug 27 by Ifonly

The Bosman ruling was nothing to do with FIFA or any football authority. It was a decision made by the European Court of Justice based on EU law. I agree it was bad for football, but arguably what existed before wasn't great either. If you think that Brexit means we don't have to follow it anymore, think again.

OK, I stand corrected Sir, I am pretty sure FIFA are to blame for the daft procedures that govern another part of the transfer system, International Clearance. I understand the need for it and the principles but it is applied the same way for far too many teams in grass roots football as it is in semi-pro and pro football.This means even non-contract players playing in grass roots teams properly affiliated with a CFA and a local League have to obtain IC for a player coming from Wales or Scotland as well as abroad. Causes huge log jams and players often wait 4 weeks for IC which is longer than the ban for being sent off!
Think I must have assumed FIFA were Bosman as well - now you have corrected me, I seem to vaguely remember this going through CAS at one stage so as you rightly pointed out the EC would have made a ruling.
Tend to agree with you, what we had prior to Bosman wasn’t great. Thing is football has moved on light years since the BR came in and I don’t think there was ever a time when a better solution tailored to pro football wasn’t needed.
All the best & COYS!

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024