Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Director of Football? 10:28 - Oct 22 with 5676 viewsHammersmithR

It’s almost certain that Ainsworth is getting the sack imminently. We all know we will lose at West Brom and at home to Leicester. We are a team that can’t score or keep clean sheets. I have to watch the likes of Kakay and Adomah start games. I just don’t trust the board to make the right appointment for the next manager. How can the job of Director of Football take so long to appoint? It’s taken months. The process seems more complicated than electing a Pope! No updates or anything from the club. Total utter silence.
Director of Football? on 22:10 - Oct 22 with 1022 viewsdaveB

Director of Football? on 21:30 - Oct 22 by ManinBlack

Wasn't that masterclass over Blackburn down to the genius of Eze rather than Warbs? Eze was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch imo. It is probably the only time we have beaten Rovers in two decades.

That was a different game, the one where they did a video about it was the 1-0 when Amos got the winner after Eze left
Director of Football? on 09:40 - Oct 23 with 811 viewsTheChef

Just because we keep losing, people think the manager is going to get sacked?

Sorry folks I reckon we have at least another two months of this.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Director of Football? on 21:56 - Oct 23 with 645 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Director of Football? on 13:20 - Oct 22 by Northernr

Chicken and egg stuff here though.

You're not going to get a decent manager here with this board doing the appointing. They've shown you it time and time again. They sacked Warnock and appointed Hughes, they replaced him with Redknapp. They appointed Holloway second time round as PR play. They swooped in and parachuted in Steve McClaren because "Fernandes needed to scratch that itch". They swooped in again last year and made another populist, PR driven appointment in Ainsworth. If you leave them to replace Ainsworth the absolute best case scenario is they go for Warnock. But it'll be somebody really obvious, probably a crowd pleasing PR driven appointment again. This is why the Mick Beale thing is persisting - they know who that is, therefore he's a possibility. The idea that this board and CEO even know about Luke Williams at Notts County, or Mike Willliamson who's just gone to MK Dons, or any of these up and coming managers doing clever things, let alone have the guts and imagination to actually appoint one of them is fanciful.

If you have a director of football then he brings football knowledge, experience and contacts. He sets the plan for what sort of club and team we're going to be, style of football etc for the next four or five years and appoints within that. Ferdinand was not a particularly good DOF but at least McClaren > Warburton > Beale > Critchley is coherent. And the managers we interviewed or went close to in that time, like Manning who's now monstering League One at Oxford playing fantastic football, fit with that plan. This lot don't have a plan for finding their own ars with both hands.

So yeh it's really easy and simple to say save that salary and spend it on a decent manager instead, but the people you've got here running it are not capable of identifying and appointing that decent manager.

I'll die on the hill that there aren't many clubs in this country at the moment as desperately in need of a DOF as QPR because your owners are benevolent but incompetent.

I agree that if ever there was a candidate for having a DoF it's QPR, but you're talking ideal world with plenty of headroom. You more than most are aware of the financial constraints QPR are currently operating under so I suspect that, right now, we can't afford to hire both. That's why I'm saying if there's a choice to be made, I'd rather get another manager because even with a shrewd DoF in place (assuming we even find one), GA is unlikely to succeed. That being said, I caveat this plan by suggesting that the new manager is a short-to-medium term appointment (e.g. Warnock) with the immediate target of keeping QPR in the championship. Once that's achieved and the FFP books improve, we can then review the strategy and look at a DoF and manager combination that fit the philosophy.
Director of Football? on 22:07 - Oct 23 with 621 viewsNorthantsHoop

Director of Football? on 19:24 - Oct 22 by ted_hendrix

League 1 scares me half to death, for the life of me I can't make sense of people saying It wouldn't be a bad thing were we to get relegated.

Some big clubs down there with bigger attendances than we get who've been stuck down there for a while.

Portsmouth, Derby County, Bolton Wanderers and look at how long Charlton Athletic have been down there and yesterday they had a crowd of over 15,000.

Nah, sod that Its a football club graveyard down there.

Exactly been to a couple of League 1 games this season we would be stuck there for years and would probably be at the lower end of the table. Far too lightweight a club probably to survive it.
Director of Football? on 22:29 - Oct 23 with 592 viewsTacticalR

@ted_hendrix 'League 1 scares me half to death, for the life of me I can't make sense of people saying It wouldn't be a bad thing were we to get relegated.'

The people who say that are boiled frogs. They forget that the owners started off with a Premier League club. In League 1 they will start to say 'if we go down to League 2 we will sort ourselves out'.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024