Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The football today 23:46 - Jan 13 with 803 viewsA1079

I was kind of apprehensive about today. I did feel that this was a game where we might come unstuck, but I needn't have been apprehensive because, apart from a couple of rash moments near the beginning where it looked like we wanted to give the opposition a head start we were superb today in just about every department - and even our vocal support was not that bad - still patchy at times but not bad.

At times our football certainly at this level was sublime. The interaction, the passing, the understanding and the effort was all there. At the risk of nit picking, if I had one complaint it is how wasteful we were at the numerous corners we had. For some reason we did not work out that they had 2 central defenders of height who met just about every cross into the box so why did we persist in it?

But,. that is one negative in a long list of positives. I did not actually think Sheff Wed were that bad it was just that we were streets ahead and this despite some play acting by the opposition and an official who seemed hell bent on not clamping down on that.

Fraser was brilliant today but you could have picked almost anyone as being a major positive contribution.

Thoroughly enjoyed it today. It is darn typical that this season there are 3 or 4 clubs who seem to be able to keep with the pace. We now have 4 games away from home and we are going to have to repeat some of our home performances away because to date they have cost us some points. Well done Saints though. It has been a while since I have gained pleasure in watching our football but right now I am. I know at some point this will end but when it does, lets hope that that end is a blip and this football continues to win through.
[Post edited 13 Jan 23:48]
The football today on 02:48 - Jan 14 with 692 viewsNYC_Saint

When Wed pressed, we broke so well and about three times in the first half the final pass was misplaced to put the forward man in one on one. Suggests to me when we face stiffer opposition we're are a good team full stop, not caveated by our division. (Also, the half full in me thinks the misplaced passes on the break were because we get so few opportunities like that usually we are rusty in that area!).

If we sign a bona fide striker we could have a fun cup run too...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024