Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excel Parking Services Ltd 11:32 - Feb 5 with 1950 viewsswancity

Anyone had the misfortune to have to deal with these?

My car was parked legally in the car park at Parkway Dental Clinic Swansea while I had treatment . They provide you with the permit on which you handwrite your vehicle reg no and the date. And then display it which I did … only putting on the wrong date!

Now Excel have since been provided with written evidence from Parkway that I was there at that time having dental treatment and therefore legally parked but they’ve refused the appeal

Does anyone know the legal position or have any experience of dealing with them?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 11:38 - Feb 5 with 1473 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

These companies are cowboys. They refuse your appeal automatically because your cash is their profit. They probably haven’t even looked at it. There is a regulator/ombudsman I believe but they are often in cahoots with the parking companies.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 11:52 - Feb 5 with 1453 viewsswancity

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 11:38 - Feb 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

These companies are cowboys. They refuse your appeal automatically because your cash is their profit. They probably haven’t even looked at it. There is a regulator/ombudsman I believe but they are often in cahoots with the parking companies.

I’m now appealing again to an independent organisation

But the costs will increase if I lose

The issue must be …. Is the car legally parked and with permission surely? I’m trying to find out legal position.

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 12:08 - Feb 5 with 1447 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 11:52 - Feb 5 by swancity

The issue must be …. Is the car legally parked and with permission surely? I’m trying to find out legal position.

If it’s a private parking firm then it’s a civil claim. They are not suggesting and cannot suggest you were parked illegally. Only the police and local council can prosecute for illegal parking. They are claiming you have broken some terms and conditions in some perceived contract that you haven’t signed. It’s essentially an invoice.

These companies exist and thrive by sending out official looking letters that make people panic and pay up immediately no questions asked.

You have two options essentially:

1) pay up.

B) write a letter with evidence of your appointment and tell them you believe you are not eligible for this charge as you had a right to be there and were using the dental facilities and also filled in a permit. Tell them you consider the matter closed and tell them to stop harassing you. That will leave their only recourse taking you to court which they won’t do because they would almost certainly lose.

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 12:27 - Feb 5 with 1425 viewsswancity

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 12:08 - Feb 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

If it’s a private parking firm then it’s a civil claim. They are not suggesting and cannot suggest you were parked illegally. Only the police and local council can prosecute for illegal parking. They are claiming you have broken some terms and conditions in some perceived contract that you haven’t signed. It’s essentially an invoice.

These companies exist and thrive by sending out official looking letters that make people panic and pay up immediately no questions asked.

1) pay up.

B) write a letter with evidence of your appointment and tell them you believe you are not eligible for this charge as you had a right to be there and were using the dental facilities and also filled in a permit. Tell them you consider the matter closed and tell them to stop harassing you. That will leave their only recourse taking you to court which they won’t do because they would almost certainly lose.

Ok
Thanks fir the info 👍🏻

I’ve appealed to them via their on line system. That was rejected. Now I can appeal to an “ independent “ organisation. Also on line. Which I intend doing but at this point the costs increase. You’d think there is some precedent. I’m still unsure.

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 12:27 - Feb 5 with 1425 viewsWhiterockin

Purely my opinion, but if you have to display a ticket/voucher with details such as a date and this is incorrectly completed, you are probably not legally parked. Technicality it may be, but I think it is enough.
Excel Parking Services Ltd on 12:29 - Feb 5 with 1412 viewsonehunglow

These incidents are stressful no matter what advice you see
All I'd suggest is fighting them all the way if you can prove you are in the right These feckers have caused credit scores to be affected
You might want to just pay up and leave the stress
It's a tw@t

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 12:37 - Feb 5 with 1405 viewsswancity

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 12:27 - Feb 5 by Whiterockin

Purely my opinion, but if you have to display a ticket/voucher with details such as a date and this is incorrectly completed, you are probably not legally parked. Technicality it may be, but I think it is enough.

Yes that’s my concern. Even if they have proof that I was there on an appt which they have.

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 12:41 - Feb 5 with 1375 viewscontroversial_jack

I had one recently, we stayed overnight in a travel lodge, and had the notice a few days later. I rang the hotel and they mailed the company and cancelled it , or so they said. I'm waiting to see if the company has actually cancelled it. Apparently, the cold weather can affect their cameras , so mistakes are made as if ? I will challenge it all the way if so, they won't get a penny out of me
Login to get fewer ads

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 12:43 - Feb 5 with 1379 viewsWhiterockin

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 12:37 - Feb 5 by swancity

Yes that’s my concern. Even if they have proof that I was there on an appt which they have.

Look at it like this.

If you had an appointment and didn't put a ticket on the window would you be legally parked. Not in my opinion.

If you display a ticket with the wrong information on would you be legally parked. Again not in my opinion.

Sorry.
Excel Parking Services Ltd on 13:06 - Feb 5 with 1347 viewsswancity

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 12:43 - Feb 5 by Whiterockin

Look at it like this.

If you had an appointment and didn't put a ticket on the window would you be legally parked. Not in my opinion.

If you display a ticket with the wrong information on would you be legally parked. Again not in my opinion.

Sorry.

You could be right.👍🏻

I need legal advice on it really.

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 14:15 - Feb 5 with 1293 viewstheloneranger

If you're on Facebook, join "Private Parking Tickets - help and advice"

They are very good with legal advice etc, but I think they will tell you that you've made a massive mistake in admitting to be the driver - only say that you are the Keeper of the vehicle. They can explain the legal reason to you.

Good luck.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 18:39 - Feb 5 with 1191 viewsunion_jack

Look at it like this.

Sorry.

In theory yes, which is why the ticket was issued and possibly the appeal refused.

However, to claim the fine, providing he doesn’t pay, they will need to take him to court. They will run a huge risk of losing the case given the particular circumstances I.e. that he has proof that he was parked ‘legally’ and on the right day. It will come down to the judge on the day but my guess is they just wouldn’t take the chance. It’s too risky and they’ll end up paying court costs.

They’ll only go to court in cast iron cases is my opinion. This one certainly isn’t.

However, this is just my opinion.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 18:49 - Feb 5 with 1185 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Look at it like this.

Sorry.

It’s nothing to do with legality it’s a civil dispute. It’s not a fine it’s a charge. That’s why you shouldn’t pay it. The company doesn’t own the car park they just manage it. If they are penalising legitimate customers of the businesses that the car park services I don’t think those businesses would be very happy.

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 19:17 - Feb 5 with 1146 viewsbuilthjack

I have had plenty of these over the years. Never paid one.
Never ever answer their letters.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 19:31 - Feb 5 with 1124 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 18:39 - Feb 5 by union_jack

In theory yes, which is why the ticket was issued and possibly the appeal refused.

However, to claim the fine, providing he doesn’t pay, they will need to take him to court. They will run a huge risk of losing the case given the particular circumstances I.e. that he has proof that he was parked ‘legally’ and on the right day. It will come down to the judge on the day but my guess is they just wouldn’t take the chance. It’s too risky and they’ll end up paying court costs.

They’ll only go to court in cast iron cases is my opinion. This one certainly isn’t.

However, this is just my opinion.

They very very very rarely take people to court. It’s not worth the time or effort for sixty quid or whatever it is. They are already raking it in from people panicking and paying up immediately thinking it’s an official fine.

If you’re in the right which the OP seems to be then just writing them a stern letter saying you don’t believe you owe the charge because of (insert evidence here) and please don’t contact me again will usually make them go away. Any more threatening letters could be construed as harassment.

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 19:47 - Feb 5 with 1100 viewsswancity

Thanks all for the helpful input much appreciated

I’m def now going to appeal via the independent organisation they’ve referred me to. And then refuse to pay it …

Excel Parking Services Ltd (n/t) on 20:10 - Feb 5 with 1069 viewsmax936

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 12:08 - Feb 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

1) pay up.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 20:39 - Feb 5 with 1019 viewsSullutaCreturned

I think they may win on the technicality of the date, do the Tand C's say any permit must be correctly filled out?

It may be harsh and the jdge may have sympathy but the rules are the rules. You need a lawyer mate and it may work out cheaper to pay up. This is what they are counting on, the costs you may incur just getting advice could be more than the fine.
Excel Parking Services Ltd on 21:12 - Feb 5 with 988 viewsKilkennyjack

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 20:39 - Feb 5 by SullutaCreturned

I think they may win on the technicality of the date, do the Tand C's say any permit must be correctly filled out?

It may be harsh and the jdge may have sympathy but the rules are the rules. You need a lawyer mate and it may work out cheaper to pay up. This is what they are counting on, the costs you may incur just getting advice could be more than the fine.

This advice is incorrect.

As posted above its a civil claim.

This company do not own the car park.
They are employed by the owners of the car park (the Dentist ?) to police it.

Find out who the car park owner is and get them to tell this company to accept you had every right to park there. No ifs and no buts.

They should then back off.

I certainly would not pay them because you were entitled to park there. The ticket is a token yes but whatever you were entitled to park there. That fact would matter to a judge.

I am no lawyer but i had similar happen to me.
Good luck.

Beware of the Risen People

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 21:28 - Feb 5 with 972 viewsunion_jack

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 20:39 - Feb 5 by SullutaCreturned

Not often I disagree with you Cat but onthis occasion I do.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 21:49 - Feb 5 with 956 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Get on the blower to the dentist in the morning and tell them if they don’t cancel your parking charge you and all the boys from swans independent will leave a 1 star review claiming they left us all looking like Ken Dodd’s goofier brother.

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 23:24 - Feb 5 with 902 viewstheloneranger

Read this - it's very helpful ....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/martin-lewis-debunks-private-parking-20908858

If you don't succeed with your appeal, and you decide to ignore it - they still have up to 6 years to take you to court.

** If it gets to this stage - DO NOT IGNORE a "Letter Before Claim or Action"**

**Some of the advice given on here is totally wrong, due to the "Parking (Code of Practice) Act" **

Once again, Good Luck!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 09:34 - Feb 6 with 825 viewscontroversial_jack

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 23:24 - Feb 5 by theloneranger

Read this - it's very helpful ....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/martin-lewis-debunks-private-parking-20908858

If you don't succeed with your appeal, and you decide to ignore it - they still have up to 6 years to take you to court.

** If it gets to this stage - DO NOT IGNORE a "Letter Before Claim or Action"**

**Some of the advice given on here is totally wrong, due to the "Parking (Code of Practice) Act" **

Once again, Good Luck!!

Don't ignore, don't appeal, challenge. If they can see you are prepared to fight all the way, it's not worth their effort to pursue it
Excel Parking Services Ltd on 19:33 - Feb 6 with 711 viewshowenjack

Just my twopennorth for what its worth . What have the parking company lost ??? Nothing - you paid the required fee , this would be evident on their list of cars parked chronologically which would be registered by their machine surely . I doubt very much they will take you to court because they have to prove loss. What have they lost ? Nothing .
There are parking websites online you can look up to help you .
Excel Parking Services Ltd on 22:04 - Feb 6 with 677 viewsswancity

Excel Parking Services Ltd on 19:33 - Feb 6 by howenjack

Just my twopennorth for what its worth . What have the parking company lost ??? Nothing - you paid the required fee , this would be evident on their list of cars parked chronologically which would be registered by their machine surely . I doubt very much they will take you to court because they have to prove loss. What have they lost ? Nothing .
There are parking websites online you can look up to help you .

It’s free parking for use by customers of Parkway dental clinic

At the reception they give you a ticket which you hand write the date and vehicle reg no on.

I’d written the wrong date on it in error. The car was parked “ legally “. And with permission.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024