Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Holt 20:28 - Feb 19 with 1657 viewsDalenet

You have to love the bluntness of Andy Holt. He is all over the media today following a series of tweets where he implied that Accy have a £1m black hole that he won't be fixing in full by sinking his cash. He has said that ticket prices, season ticket prices and refreshment prices will need to rise. And the playing budget cut by another £250k pa now they are a league two club and unlikely to be promoted back to League One. Fair enough

Then he goes on to say that he is fed up of players who are all allegedly injured who have no intention of playing and who won't be signing new contracts in summer that drain the club of money. Then this nugget.....the squad of 18 that were named last Saturday cost Accy £689,000 per annum. And we still think we are hard done to with our playing budget. Of course he probably has a similar budget to pay for the injured players. But quite revealing nonetheless.
[Post edited 19 Feb 22:04]
Andy Holt on 22:01 - Feb 19 with 1469 viewsRAFCBLUE

I do wonder how much of Holt's thinking concerns sending a message to Coleman and Bell.

They had a pretty high profile falling out in October and Holt put the club up for sale as a result. Coleman and Bell are out of contract at the end of the season.

The Accy 2022 accounts show they owe Holt just short of £4.5m for loans.

The numbers he quotes are pretty realistic and a £1m deficit needs funding by someone.

For all the plaudits they're just another club that's run a deficit funded by a fan owner and the succession plan for that will be a hard act to follow.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Andy Holt on 22:03 - Feb 19 with 1459 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Well said Holty......when you drill down to what is really going on at any Club, it's an eye opener and you can see why our Directors want out, and out pronto.

Then you think, why should I "invest" my £200 in a load of cloggers who wont even remember where Rochdale is , this time next year?
Andy Holt on 22:39 - Feb 19 with 1386 viewsRAFCBLUE

Andy Holt on 22:03 - Feb 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

Well said Holty......when you drill down to what is really going on at any Club, it's an eye opener and you can see why our Directors want out, and out pronto.

Then you think, why should I "invest" my £200 in a load of cloggers who wont even remember where Rochdale is , this time next year?

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2024/february/next-gen-join-our-class-o

Why would anyone be on the Board at a football club? There appears to be easier things to do with both your time and money.

Interesting that Accy have put their 2024/2025 season tickets on sale tomorrow. In February.

£284 for adults if you buy before mid-April rising to £330 after that.

£25 matchday adult prices.

That will provide a good comparator for ours once announced.
[Post edited 19 Feb 22:40]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Andy Holt on 10:38 - Feb 20 with 1028 viewsChaffRAFC

The level of transparency and openness with the supporters is to be commended.

Something we should learn from as it goes a long to to understanding the issues and barriers we have.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Andy Holt on 10:46 - Feb 20 with 992 views442Dale

Andy Holt on 10:38 - Feb 20 by ChaffRAFC

The level of transparency and openness with the supporters is to be commended.

Something we should learn from as it goes a long to to understanding the issues and barriers we have.

It’s also the tone and attitude of the responses. Yes, sometimes he’s blunt but that’s because it’s an honest assessment, importantly there’s an acceptance of other views and how fans feel. Similar to how David Kilpatrick was back in the day.

He’s also able to admit mistakes without a plethora of excuses.
[Post edited 20 Feb 10:46]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024