Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Allen contract offer ? 00:42 - Feb 26 with 3008 viewsKeithHaynes

Can’t 100% confirm this but I’ve been told there’s some discussion around Joe Allen having been offered a new contract. Don’t know the content, but if it’s true then it will surely be restrictive on a straight forward salary I would imagine. Possible clauses etc.

If I was ‘the club’ his salary has to be reduced dramatically, add in appearance money and also it would be reflective on his injury situation at the end of the season. Including his first team appearances from here on in.

I’m all for a Joe Allen that we saw on Saturday, but if he does get an injury that keeps him out for a longer period over two weeks or so then surely it’s time to release him ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 03:15 - Feb 26 with 2316 viewsYrAlarch

I think the Club should attempt to keep him if only to utilise his experience. But I agree that his salary should be reduced and appearance based to reflect what will probably be a limited playing contribution.
🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 07:07 - Feb 26 with 2246 viewsDr_Winston

The season before he joined us Allen played 50+ games for club and country, so it's not as if he had injury problems at the time, or indeed at any point throughout his career. The question that the club need to be asking itself is are these problems likely to continue or is he just having a bad run of luck?

I'd like to see him transition into a coaching role as he's clearly a very bright bloke and could offer a lot there in time, but as we saw with the level of anticipation for the interception that won possession for our second goal, he's still capable of operating at a level beyond the rest of our midfield.

Perhaps the same kind of role that Naughton has filled this season for us. A elder statesman on a limited salary capable of stepping in for 10-15 games a season as and when needed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 08:45 - Feb 26 with 2146 viewsswancity

600/700 career games possibly a lot more have taken their toll. His game was based around high energy, work rate and fitness levels. He’s not anywhere near the player he was sadly as in his prime 6/7/8 years ago he was very effective. Particularly good at stopping opponents from playing whilst not being able to create much.

If his contract is up it’s best that we look at other options now. A year at Newport or Wrexham night suit him better to finish his career.

As for coaching I’m not sure if that interests him? Is he doing his badges?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 09:09 - Feb 26 with 2116 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 08:45 - Feb 26 by swancity

600/700 career games possibly a lot more have taken their toll. His game was based around high energy, work rate and fitness levels. He’s not anywhere near the player he was sadly as in his prime 6/7/8 years ago he was very effective. Particularly good at stopping opponents from playing whilst not being able to create much.

If his contract is up it’s best that we look at other options now. A year at Newport or Wrexham night suit him better to finish his career.

He’s been a great player for us but he is a shadow of what he was.
Yes,he played well but he can’t last 90 mins full blast.
We can’t afford to be sentimental.
We have been so previously and paid the price .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 12:06 - Feb 26 with 2006 viewsRhonddaSwans

He is still effective one more season.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 13:26 - Feb 26 with 1912 viewsangryjack

Get rid and get someone else in
🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 13:43 - Feb 26 with 1898 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

He's been great as an all action midfielder, can he adapt his style and be effective sitting in front of the back four or even as a number 10 picking his moments?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 14:05 - Feb 26 with 1873 viewsFlashberryjack

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 08:45 - Feb 26 by swancity

"He’s not anywhere near the player he was sadly as in his prime 6/7/8 years ago"

If he was the same player, he wouldn't be here now, just like he wasn't here when he was.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 15:15 - Feb 26 with 1807 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 13:26 - Feb 26 by angryjack

Get rid and get someone else in

A quicker, younger player with muscle.
The guy at Aberdeen as an example.

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 15:20 - Feb 26 with 1792 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 15:15 - Feb 26 by KeithHaynes

Surly it's time we had more progression from the under 21s.
🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 15:30 - Feb 26 with 1769 viewsangryjack

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 15:15 - Feb 26 by KeithHaynes

Agree someone who can play 90%of the season
🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 15:31 - Feb 26 with 1768 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 15:20 - Feb 26 by Whiterockin

Surly it's time we had more progression from the under 21s.

They don’t seem to be good enough, Cotterill, Congreve etc.

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 17:04 - Feb 26 with 1678 viewspete

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 15:31 - Feb 26 by KeithHaynes

if what you are saying is correct Keith they need to go out on loan a s a p then,
the lad from Aberdeen , should he come would be a useful addition and if an agreed deal for joe could be sorted use his wealth of experiance to help as Naughton is doing, only a thought but the deal has to be right
🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 17:09 - Feb 26 with 1660 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

He’s worth another season so I don’t have to change my username again.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 19:48 - Feb 26 with 1537 viewsReslovenSwan1

He is 34 soon and is on his last legs. He and Walsh need to go to free up cash for young hungry fit athletes.

There is a huge gap between expectation and delivery. Joey could have re joined Swansea much earlier but prefered better money at Stoke. He gave his best years at Stoke and Liverpool. He can do a job for exeter city with Tom Carroll who is younger and fitter.

It is about people not science. That is the problem. I expect Coleman to be real tough and block any talk of a new deal.

Wise sage since Toshack era

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 20:18 - Feb 26 with 1490 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 15:31 - Feb 26 by KeithHaynes

Cotterill could not earn a first team place in league 2 sadly. (Stockport County)

Josh Thomas struggled to play at league 1. (Port Vale).

Not necessarily terminal as Dan James failed to perform on loan at Shrewsbury.

Congreve and Lloyd have issues to resolve I believe. Both have been surpassed by Parker (injured) and Wilson (running again). Lissah and Azeem are now first team members.

I watched Congreve jump out of a tackle v Cardiff city u21 leading to a goal. He got out of the way of the Cardiff player. On his Senior debut he let the ball passed his position in the wall v Oxford and Martin mentioned it.

Are these guys hungry enough when the going gets tough? I hope to be proven wrong.
[Post edited 26 Feb 20:22]

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 20:18 - Feb 26 with 1489 viewsSullutaCreturned

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 19:48 - Feb 26 by ReslovenSwan1

He is 34 soon and is on his last legs. He and Walsh need to go to free up cash for young hungry fit athletes.

There is a huge gap between expectation and delivery. Joey could have re joined Swansea much earlier but prefered better money at Stoke. He gave his best years at Stoke and Liverpool. He can do a job for exeter city with Tom Carroll who is younger and fitter.

It is about people not science. That is the problem. I expect Coleman to be real tough and block any talk of a new deal.

WE all know why Joe went to Stoke and it's not for the reason you state. It was another Huw jenkins cock up. We ended up with that 16 million uber flop instead.
🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 20:32 - Feb 26 with 1447 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 20:18 - Feb 26 by SullutaCreturned

WE all know why Joe went to Stoke and it's not for the reason you state. It was another Huw jenkins cock up. We ended up with that 16 million uber flop instead.

This in my opinion is a fake narrative. Another one promoted by Planet Swans losers with an agenda. Huw knew his way around and offered £8m for JA and not a penny more.

Stoke offered £13m. Joe only had one year left and Klopp had no intention of playing him.

You will recall when Mesa left one team (Levante maybe?) offered £10m but he went to Sevilla for less and as he wanted to go to Sevilla. He refused to go to Levante.

Joey could easily have refused Stoke. He was under no obligation to go there. This would have forced LFC to negotiate a lower deal with Swansea. Joey was either weaker than Mesa or was happy to go to Stoke.

It is better for Joey to blame Huw Jenkins. Newport is is best place I reckon or Wrexham.
[Post edited 26 Feb 20:33]

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 08:51 - Feb 28 with 1062 viewsEagleEye

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 20:32 - Feb 26 by ReslovenSwan1

This in my opinion is a fake narrative. Another one promoted by Planet Swans losers with an agenda. Huw knew his way around and offered £8m for JA and not a penny more.

Stoke offered £13m. Joe only had one year left and Klopp had no intention of playing him.

You will recall when Mesa left one team (Levante maybe?) offered £10m but he went to Sevilla for less and as he wanted to go to Sevilla. He refused to go to Levante.

Joey could easily have refused Stoke. He was under no obligation to go there. This would have forced LFC to negotiate a lower deal with Swansea. Joey was either weaker than Mesa or was happy to go to Stoke.

It is better for Joey to blame Huw Jenkins. Newport is is best place I reckon or Wrexham.
[Post edited 26 Feb 20:33]

Joey was ‘seduced’ into going to Stoke but then manager Mark Hughes when at the Euros. Jenkins wouldn’t match the deal on offer at Stoke or the fee wanted by Liverpool
🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 09:42 - Feb 28 with 995 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 08:51 - Feb 28 by EagleEye

Joey was ‘seduced’ into going to Stoke but then manager Mark Hughes when at the Euros. Jenkins wouldn’t match the deal on offer at Stoke or the fee wanted by Liverpool

I remember it differently but I could be wrong. HJ dithered before the Euros and after Joe had an excellent tournament the value went up and HJ wouldn't match the other offers. We should have signed him first when we had the chance.
🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 12:30 - Feb 28 with 899 viewsDr_Winston

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 09:42 - Feb 28 by Whiterockin

I remember it differently but I could be wrong. HJ dithered before the Euros and after Joe had an excellent tournament the value went up and HJ wouldn't match the other offers. We should have signed him first when we had the chance.

Matches my recollection. We could have got him a lot cheaper before the Euros but Jenkins dithered. Probably too busy making sure that he got his payout.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10301496/swansea-citys-110m-takeov

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 12:51 - Feb 28 with 876 viewsEagleEye

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 09:42 - Feb 28 by Whiterockin

Sounds about right. I remember Hughes with his arm around Joe at the end one of those Euro ties. Pretty sure that was before the transfer was confirmed
🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 15:19 - Feb 28 with 798 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 12:30 - Feb 28 by Dr_Winston

Matches my recollection. We could have got him a lot cheaper before the Euros but Jenkins dithered. Probably too busy making sure that he got his payout.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10301496/swansea-citys-110m-takeov

Jenkins told Liverpool what he would pay them and Joe his salary.

It would have been big money for Swansea. A good offer.

Joe was running down his contract. If he was really desperate to play for Swansea he would a have accepted a lower wage (but still very generous) and refused to go to Stoke. Liverpool would then have the choice to keep him or do a deal with Jenkins at someway south of £13m.

He went to Stoke because he prefered Stoke, Swansea do not own this guy anything, He has fleeced Swansea for the last two seasons when you compare his output to weekly wage.

Stoke have out bid Swansea for numerous players. Allen, Tom Ince, Surridge , Ryan Woods and several others. They are no better than Swansea and £120m worse off.

It is true that Swansea transfers around this time were poor having said that. Clubs have to keep the fans happy as they are customers but over sentimentality costs big money and lost development. Ramsey is on more than £25k a week at CCS. He has fleeced Cardiff even more. £1m for 6-7 games.

No dithering. Huw did not get a pay out he sold a proportion of his shares to people who were able to support the club in the event of relegation. This is what our valued US owners have done. US investment is good. I welcome it.

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 16:37 - Feb 28 with 761 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 15:19 - Feb 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Jenkins told Liverpool what he would pay them and Joe his salary.

It would have been big money for Swansea. A good offer.

Joe was running down his contract. If he was really desperate to play for Swansea he would a have accepted a lower wage (but still very generous) and refused to go to Stoke. Liverpool would then have the choice to keep him or do a deal with Jenkins at someway south of £13m.

He went to Stoke because he prefered Stoke, Swansea do not own this guy anything, He has fleeced Swansea for the last two seasons when you compare his output to weekly wage.

Stoke have out bid Swansea for numerous players. Allen, Tom Ince, Surridge , Ryan Woods and several others. They are no better than Swansea and £120m worse off.

It is true that Swansea transfers around this time were poor having said that. Clubs have to keep the fans happy as they are customers but over sentimentality costs big money and lost development. Ramsey is on more than £25k a week at CCS. He has fleeced Cardiff even more. £1m for 6-7 games.

No dithering. Huw did not get a pay out he sold a proportion of his shares to people who were able to support the club in the event of relegation. This is what our valued US owners have done. US investment is good. I welcome it.

Rubbish.

Stoke were not interested before the Euros and Joe wanted to come to us. HJ stalled trying to be clever and didn't expect Joe to have a such a good Euros and his value to rise.

Joe had six good years at Stoke while we at a later date paid over £16M for Clucas. Those are the facts and the rest is history.
🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 17:31 - Feb 28 with 724 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 16:37 - Feb 28 by Whiterockin

Rubbish.

Stoke were not interested before the Euros and Joe wanted to come to us. HJ stalled trying to be clever and didn't expect Joe to have a such a good Euros and his value to rise.

Joe had six good years at Stoke while we at a later date paid over £16M for Clucas. Those are the facts and the rest is history.

Mark Hughes knew all about Allen. His form in Euro 2016 was no surprise for him. HJ made an offer hoping Joey wanted to come to Swansea. The offer was good and Joey was running down his deal. It needed Joey to reject Stoke but he did not. If he had Jenkins would have had negotiating leverage.

Stoke overpaid for him as they did for Ryan Woods a few years later. That is why they are £120m out of pocket. Huw Jenkins had no debts at that point.

Joey was only desperate to play for Swansea when his legs had gone and he was 4 years passed his best. John Hartson the same. Roberto said thanks but no thanks.

He signed for Stoke and you can blame Jenkins if you want. Joey prefered to be in Stoke and signed for them not once but twice. He left when they showed him the door. A Stoke reject 2 years ago at 31-32.

Allen was not "desperate to play for Swansea". Having said that I would favour giving him coaching role and a job in the academy.
[Post edited 28 Feb 17:33]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024