Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did we go into the WBA game 15:58 - May 13 with 858 viewsgrumpy

with the mindset just not to lose because I think we could have beaten them. Hope that doesn’t come back and bite us. They will expect us to charge forward at our place and try and catch us on the break.
Did we go into the WBA game on 16:06 - May 13 with 829 viewsdirk_doone

We went there with Sekou Mara up front so a scoreless draw was the best we could do.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Did we go into the WBA game on 16:14 - May 13 with 808 viewsgrumpy

Did we go into the WBA game on 16:06 - May 13 by dirk_doone

We went there with Sekou Mara up front so a scoreless draw was the best we could do.

Should have started with Brooks,but that’s all water under the bridge now. Hope Adams fit for the return game.
Did we go into the WBA game on 16:18 - May 13 with 789 viewsdirk_doone

Did we go into the WBA game on 16:14 - May 13 by grumpy

Should have started with Brooks,but that’s all water under the bridge now. Hope Adams fit for the return game.

In many ways, anyone but Mara is a no brainer; a bit like anyone but Bazunu. The problem is they feel they have to persist with these youngsters to justify all the money that was spent on them.
[Post edited 13 May 16:27]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Did we go into the WBA game on 17:52 - May 13 with 613 viewsA1079

I think the away sides in both games largely went with the intention of not losing or certainly not losing by much rather than winning and put the onus on the home sides to go out and win. You are right, it could come back and bite us as I did feel that later in that second half we could have sought that win, though equally we nearly had our habitual kamikaze moment in our own penalty area.

I did enjoy the day out though. Easy to get to, easy parking at Mercure, good rapport between both sets of fans before and after, the hottest chicken Tikka at the Vine that I can recall ever eating, good atmosphere in the ground and pretty easy to get back home to East Yorkshire. I thought we were professional on the whole.
Did we go into the WBA game on 17:55 - May 13 with 608 views1ASIN12

We were saying something similar on the way home.

We did really holding out those 1st 10 mins or so but after that we came more into the game. However we brought on Brooks, Fraser and Stewart but hardly passed to them instead we opted to pass it about in our own half. Way too slow to get the ball forward .

On the train after West Brom fans were saying we came for a draw and got it. Fine if you think you can win at home.

As grumpy says I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt us.

At least we know if we win we are through but, they’ll be saying the same thing.
Did we go into the WBA game on 18:03 - May 13 with 602 viewsSouthamptonfan

Personally, I thought our approach was spot on. Going forward too much at their place, yes could have given us a lead, but it could also have left gaps at the back. The last thing we wanted was for them to have got one and then two and three roared on by the home crowd. We kept it tight and they couldn't get the lead they wanted. We were away from home against a side with a great home record, it's all square and we have the advantage of being at home in the second leg. It's half time. We can now roar our team onto victory in the second half (hopefully)!
[Post edited 13 May 18:09]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Did we go into the WBA game on 18:10 - May 13 with 578 viewsgrumpy

Did we go into the WBA game on 17:52 - May 13 by A1079

I think the away sides in both games largely went with the intention of not losing or certainly not losing by much rather than winning and put the onus on the home sides to go out and win. You are right, it could come back and bite us as I did feel that later in that second half we could have sought that win, though equally we nearly had our habitual kamikaze moment in our own penalty area.

I did enjoy the day out though. Easy to get to, easy parking at Mercure, good rapport between both sets of fans before and after, the hottest chicken Tikka at the Vine that I can recall ever eating, good atmosphere in the ground and pretty easy to get back home to East Yorkshire. I thought we were professional on the whole.

'the hottest chicken Tikka at the Vine '

Nick said the same.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024