Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which will be strongest 09:59 - May 17 with 2562 viewskingsburyR

Which of the three coming down do we fear the most?

Obviously they will have their pockets full and they have a full summer to prep.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Which will be strongest on 10:10 - May 17 with 2503 viewsterryb

Burnley will be the best footballing side of them, but Luton probably the hardest to beat.

Sheffield United could be a bottom third team.
Which will be strongest on 10:15 - May 17 with 2459 viewsstevec

They’ve all been as useless as we were in our last relegation so nothing to fear.

Next season is as inviting as it’s been for many years, case of who wants to step up.
Which will be strongest on 11:06 - May 17 with 2382 viewsdsw2509

I can see Luton strolling to automatic promotion. Burnley will fall apart if Kompany leaves. Sheffield United look to be in free fall.

There is a chance to make it up-but don’t bet the farm please. I also think Eze will stay at Palace for another season. Glasner has really got them going and European football is possible if everyone stays. So no crock of gold from there (just yet).
Which will be strongest on 11:07 - May 17 with 2378 viewsJuzzie

If Luton have gone about it right they'll have spent as little as possible.... upgrade to Kenilworth Road for the PL season and a few players to at least try and compete but without splashing the cash like we did.

This way, their new stadium should be pretty much paid off, or if not a good chunk of it, and it will give them stability for the foreseeable.

I can't see them being a threat until maybe they move to their new ground and the increased income (if the crowds go up to 80%+ capacity so you're looking 18k gates) as well as better facilities for the players (little darlings) will help with maybe becoming a middle-upper Championship team at worst.
Which will be strongest on 11:22 - May 17 with 2291 viewsNorthernr

Leeds.

Oh no, that's next year isn't it.
Which will be strongest on 11:23 - May 17 with 2291 viewssevenhoop

don't forget 3 big clubs are coming up too
Which will be strongest on 11:35 - May 17 with 2239 viewsloftus77

I'd say Burnley - becoming a real yo-yo club. Under Kompany (atm) they have the know-how and certainly the funds. Will surely be top two.

Luton - the rollercoaster adventure is surely over for now. Sheff Utd - too much in-house re-building to do.

Of the teams coming up, could Derby or Pompey do an Ipswich? Unlikely I'd say, but I could see both prospering. Bolton/Oxford - relegation fodder, I would hope.
Which will be strongest on 11:41 - May 17 with 2189 viewsNorthernr

This is an instructive read from the Bolton owner, who reckons it would require a £20m investment from the ownership group there to be competitive in the Champ next year if promoted...

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/24320640.bolton-wanderers-chairman-sharon-
Login to get fewer ads

Which will be strongest on 11:54 - May 17 with 2136 viewsTheChef

Full on goat rodeo next season I think/hope.

Although of the three coming down annoyingly I think Edwards will still do a good job with Lootown - look like becoming the classic yo yo team of too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Prem.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Which will be strongest on 12:03 - May 17 with 2097 viewsE17hoop

Which will be strongest on 11:41 - May 17 by Northernr

This is an instructive read from the Bolton owner, who reckons it would require a £20m investment from the ownership group there to be competitive in the Champ next year if promoted...

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/24320640.bolton-wanderers-chairman-sharon-

Her point about 14 US owners is really interesting. If they voted for round of games in the States, there's nothing which could stop it.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Which will be strongest on 12:28 - May 17 with 1973 viewsted_hendrix

Which will be strongest on 11:41 - May 17 by Northernr

I like what she says, (got to beat Oxford United first though).

''“I have five original investors at Bolton Wanderers who have bought into this journey and done incredible things and supported me as the chairman all the way. If we get promoted on Saturday and everyone said it was incredible, marvellous, wonderful, we move into a world where it isn’t a competition anymore. How can we compete with the clubs that have come down from the Premier League and had parachute payments?''''

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Which will be strongest on 12:59 - May 17 with 1830 viewsJuzzie

Which will be strongest on 12:28 - May 17 by ted_hendrix

I like what she says, (got to beat Oxford United first though).

''“I have five original investors at Bolton Wanderers who have bought into this journey and done incredible things and supported me as the chairman all the way. If we get promoted on Saturday and everyone said it was incredible, marvellous, wonderful, we move into a world where it isn’t a competition anymore. How can we compete with the clubs that have come down from the Premier League and had parachute payments?''''

She has a point but people will just say "Ipswich".
Which will be strongest on 14:06 - May 17 with 1650 viewsAntti_Heinola

Which will be strongest on 10:10 - May 17 by terryb

Burnley will be the best footballing side of them, but Luton probably the hardest to beat.

Luton have a good manager and likely won't lose many players - maybe Barkley. They'll be very strong.
Burnley should do well.
Agree with you: Wilder is a busted flush. It was madness bringing him back and he'll be gone by Xmas, with them floundering in 18th.

Bare bones.

Which will be strongest on 16:16 - May 17 with 1482 viewsNorthernr

Which will be strongest on 12:59 - May 17 by Juzzie

She has a point but people will just say "Ipswich".

Well, yes, but they're a) a bit of a freak and b) haven't done this for free. Their most recent set of accounts, covering their League One promotion season, showed an £18.2m loss, which backs the Bolton chairman's claim up almost to the pound.
Which will be strongest on 16:29 - May 17 with 1444 viewssimmo

Luton have done it exactly right - kept the better players that got them promoted and added realistic signings that would easily be top Championship players. Doughty, Ogbene, Chong, Giles, Campbell, Adebayo, Morris, Brown etc are all proven players at this level, and you'd imagine they will splash a little more money for similar if any of those move on. Will def be a top 6 favourite next season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Which will be strongest on 16:32 - May 17 with 1436 viewsNorthernr

Which will be strongest on 16:29 - May 17 by simmo

Luton have done it exactly right - kept the better players that got them promoted and added realistic signings that would easily be top Championship players. Doughty, Ogbene, Chong, Giles, Campbell, Adebayo, Morris, Brown etc are all proven players at this level, and you'd imagine they will splash a little more money for similar if any of those move on. Will def be a top 6 favourite next season.

Yeh pending what they do this summer it's been almost note perfect for a good season next year.

It's exactly as we should have done it, rather than going absolutely nuts trying to stay there with a load of signings that as soon as you do go down you have to try and offload and start again.

Luton won the play-offs 12 months ago. To that team they've added basically the best of the Championship, and stuck £50m+ in the bank. Bstrds.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Which will be strongest on 16:43 - May 17 with 1383 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Can see Sheff Utd going straight through to L1, Burnley will be a good bet for playoffs. Luton could win it.
Which will be strongest on 16:46 - May 17 with 1373 viewsNorthernr

Which will be strongest on 16:43 - May 17 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Can see Sheff Utd going straight through to L1, Burnley will be a good bet for playoffs. Luton could win it.

Very intrigued by Sheff Utd. They needed the promotion in the first place just to keep the lights on (they'd literally turned off their undersoil heating in the second half of the Champ season because they couldn't afford to have it on) so has a year getting trounced upstairs solved all of that or are they in the sht?
Which will be strongest on 18:37 - May 17 with 1247 viewsAntti_Heinola

Which will be strongest on 16:32 - May 17 by Northernr

Yeh pending what they do this summer it's been almost note perfect for a good season next year.

It's exactly as we should have done it, rather than going absolutely nuts trying to stay there with a load of signings that as soon as you do go down you have to try and offload and start again.

Luton won the play-offs 12 months ago. To that team they've added basically the best of the Championship, and stuck £50m+ in the bank. Bstrds.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Agree.
But, Barkley felt like EXACTLY the sort of signing we were making. Worked for them, didn’t for us.
Big part of that is the manager.
As you one said, sliding doors: very likely he would have come to us if Beale had left earlier.

Bare bones.

Which will be strongest on 18:39 - May 17 with 1243 viewsenfieldargh

which other parachute payment clubs will be in the champ.

One of Leeds & Saints, who else?

WBA no longer??

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Which will be strongest on 21:48 - May 17 with 1092 viewsderbyhoop

Both Burnley and Luton should be top 6 contenders. Unless they do something stupid. At least 1 other club will have huge parachute payments. Sheffield United went up, sold 2 of the players that got them there and have been dreadful. Hard to see them having an impact.

I feel the 3 promoted clubs will be happy to finish 21st or better.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Which will be strongest on 15:48 - May 18 with 798 viewsloftus77

Which will be strongest on 18:39 - May 17 by enfieldargh

which other parachute payment clubs will be in the champ.

One of Leeds & Saints, who else?

WBA no longer??

Watford and Norwich? Do you still get something in the third year? Not sure.
Which will be strongest on 17:01 - May 18 with 745 viewscaptainmycaptian

Which will be strongest on 10:10 - May 17 by terryb

Sheffield didn't spend and will spend to go up but they may implode. Burnley will be top ish Luton will be a better team for there experience. Not sure any are imploding. It seems team manage there relegation better in recent times.
Which will be strongest on 09:28 - May 20 with 531 viewsBAWHoops

The top 3 should really be Burnley, Luton and Saints/Leeds next season.
Am sure that WBA, Norwich, Boro etc will be around the Play Off places also.

As for the teams that have come up, I'd be surprised if any of them went straight through the leaguer. Oxford have got a hell of a job on to survive and Pompey and Derby have been burnt before by reckless spending.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024