Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mikel: We could have won/ kid us not. 09:02 - Oct 25 with 602 viewsFan123

Mikel: We could have won
Chelsea midfielder John Obi-Mikel believes his team could have claimed an unlikely win at QPR
By Mark Bollons October 24, 2011

----

Mikel laments derby defeat. (©GettyImages)

[John Obi-Mikel We gave it a go in the second-half, played very well, created chances and could have won the game]

----

"Chelsea midfielder John Obi-Mikel believes his side could have won the west London derby at Loftus Road.

The Blues went behind to a Heidar Helguson penalty before Jose Bosingwa and Didier Drogba saw red for Andre Villas-Boas' side, sending the visitors down to nine-men in the first 45 minutes.

However, the better chances were created by last season's Barclays Premier League runners-up, and Mikel believes it was a second-half performance that deserved so much more.

"It's very difficult, I mean we played four at the back, three in the middle and one up-front. It is very difficult, but we gave it a go in the second-half, we came out, played very well, created chances and could have won the game," he told Chelsea TV.

"I think to be fair we didn't come out with them. Once the goal went in and then the red card I think we got demoralised.

"Second-half, we'd gone into the changing room and got together, and then came out and played fantastically well."

The Blues will have to re-group quickly ahead of Wednesday night's League Cup fourth round tie against Everton at Goodison Park, before a top flight clash with resurgent Arsenal on Saturday lunchtime."

---- ---- ---- ----

This kind of statement has been going on all around media, Chelsea being better team in regards of ball possesion and number of shot towards target despite losing out Bosingwa and Drogba, but it was Warnock's decision to go defensive that made it so, isn't it?

QPR already leading by a point, have extra men to cover space, possible first home match win with full 3 points at stake, opposition haemoraging with not enough players thus being defensive while try to counteract an obvious choice instead of usual attacking football, a kind of controlled risk. An easy guess why possesion of ball turned it's weight unto Chelsea.

(Quote on 3rd paragraph) "It's very difficult, I mean we played four at the back, three in the middle and one up-front. It is very difficult, but we gave it a go in the second-half, we came out, played very well, created chances and could have won the game," he told Chelsea TV."

Sounds familiar? Typical QPR firing blanks upon blanks since beginning of time, but it is Chelsea we're talking here. We all knew our fire power is much less than them, rattled to bone I'll say. This so called twelf (12) player as in 'influence of Fans, I think it is true, it exist and it has been there all along this while. And last Sunday, it's was a Warcry!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024