Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale v Coventry city 22:49 - Mar 23 with 2469 viewsrochdaleest1907

Is there any tv coverage of the fa cup game from the seventies' when we beat cov?

daveofthedale

Rochdale v Coventry city on 23:07 - Mar 23 with 2455 viewsTVOS1907

Very much doubt it.

It would have surfaced by now if any existed.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale v Coventry city on 23:11 - Mar 23 with 2443 viewsPhil26

Probably not, but I do remember being allowed a day off school to attend, on the production of a valid ticket, and then being being part of the 14,000 plus crowd... Happy days..Followed by being 3-1 up against Colchester, drawing very late on 3-3, then losing the replay 5-0.....colchester go on to that 'memorable' game in West Yorkshire!!!! Ah so Rochdale!

FrancoDale

Rochdale v Coventry city on 23:19 - Mar 23 with 2434 viewsBlueDutch

No cameras there that day, very few stills in the 13,011 crowd either.

upthedale.nl

Rochdale v Coventry city on 23:19 - Mar 23 with 2434 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale v Coventry city on 23:11 - Mar 23 by Phil26

Probably not, but I do remember being allowed a day off school to attend, on the production of a valid ticket, and then being being part of the 14,000 plus crowd... Happy days..Followed by being 3-1 up against Colchester, drawing very late on 3-3, then losing the replay 5-0.....colchester go on to that 'memorable' game in West Yorkshire!!!! Ah so Rochdale!

Colchester game against Leeds was at Layer Road.

Dale won 5-2 there 22 years later, so we are better than Leeds!

Rochdale v Coventry city on 23:22 - Mar 23 with 2430 viewsPhil26

I know it was at Layer Road, I meant to correct it but my romantic side got the better of me!

FrancoDale

Rochdale v Coventry city on 23:24 - Mar 23 with 2426 viewsPhil26

Come on Blue Dutch what's a thousand spectators!

Phew, you have to be so alert or aleart to comment on here! Lol!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

FrancoDale

Rochdale v Coventry city on 23:27 - Mar 23 with 2421 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale v Coventry city on 23:24 - Mar 23 by Phil26

Come on Blue Dutch what's a thousand spectators!

Phew, you have to be so alert or aleart to comment on here! Lol!

I've got a few images from the game, but the aren't the best quality.

Rochdale v Coventry city on 23:31 - Mar 23 with 2417 viewsPhil26

Hey BlueDutch tell me how many games Chris Harker played for us and how many goals did he score?

FrancoDale

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale v Coventry city on 06:53 - Mar 24 with 2359 viewsPDIDDY

not like a dale fan to exagerate about their support

Gissa job

Rochdale v Coventry city on 16:10 - Mar 24 with 2250 viewsD_Alien

For what it's worth, I seem to remember Stuart Hall on the local BBC News programme that evening introducing some footage of the game - I think it might just have been Dennis Butler's winner

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale v Coventry city on 16:53 - Mar 24 with 2222 viewsBlueDutch

Rochdale v Coventry city on 23:31 - Mar 23 by Phil26

Hey BlueDutch tell me how many games Chris Harker played for us and how many goals did he score?

Apps 92 (consecutive) 10 cup, no official goals.

upthedale.nl

Rochdale v Coventry city on 16:55 - Mar 24 with 2219 viewsSuddenLad

Rochdale v Coventry city on 16:10 - Mar 24 by D_Alien

For what it's worth, I seem to remember Stuart Hall on the local BBC News programme that evening introducing some footage of the game - I think it might just have been Dennis Butler's winner

I'm glad you've said that, because I was sure I'd seen the same footage on the news. Not 'highlights' by any means, but certainly footage of the goal.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Rochdale v Coventry city on 17:00 - Mar 24 with 2214 viewsBlueDutch

Rochdale v Coventry city on 16:55 - Mar 24 by SuddenLad

I'm glad you've said that, because I was sure I'd seen the same footage on the news. Not 'highlights' by any means, but certainly footage of the goal.

That would be worth seeing (worth a fortune too!), but I haven't heard of any existing. Could always contact the BBC.

upthedale.nl

Rochdale v Coventry city on 17:19 - Mar 24 with 2207 viewsdavidab2202

I wasn't so lucky,ducked work in the afternoon then finished on front row of piccie in daily paper day after match!!!
Rochdale v Coventry city on 20:22 - Mar 25 with 2125 viewssoulboy

I seem to remember seeing some grainy footage, (filmed in the rammed Sandy) of Dennis Butlers winner. It wouldnt surprise me that someone has some filmclips of that great Monday afternoon. Its only 2 or 3 years ago an unknown clip was discovered and shown on BBC of Dale winning 4-1 at Bradford PA in Jan 1969. Great days.
Rochdale v Coventry city on 11:14 - Mar 27 with 2025 viewsPerthDale

I remember a guy filming the game (or at least parts of it) with some sort of cine camera. I'm pretty sure he was positioned on the roof of the tea bar in front of the western end of the old main stand. He was there for the Colchester game too.

Some of the footage was shown on telly some years later (Granada's 'Kick Off') during one of Dale's periodic financial panics. It was sort of 'how could a club go from enjoying success in front of 13,000+ to bottom of the league with gates of a few hundred in just a few years?'

Who filmed it, or whether the footage still exists, I haven't a clue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024