Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This squad in the PL 11:09 - Feb 2 with 3537 viewsBAWHoops

I think it's a myth that it needs an overhaul. We made that mistake last time we went up when we all said Derry, Hill, Mackie, Helguson were no good.

Green, Murphy, Simpson, Dunne, Onouha, BAE, Traore, Barton, Faurlin, Krancjar, Phillips, Austin would all be fine in the PL.
Throw in a returning Granero who may be a different kettle of fish this time around plus Hoilett, O Neil and Henry to offer cover and perhaps Remy and it's clear this squad wouldn't need an overhaul.

However.....

We need to bloody get there first!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

This squad in the PL on 11:56 - Feb 2 with 2557 viewsRangersDave

Oh dear,
Sorry I can't agree.
This team 'might' get us up, but they are in no way capable of competing and staying in the Premier League.

I championed last week that we should have paid for players this past month not only to help push us forward, but to allow gelling time ready to compete. Obviously HR had other plans and the likes of Rhodes etc didn't come.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

This squad in the PL on 12:00 - Feb 2 with 2554 viewsjonno

This squad in the PL on 11:56 - Feb 2 by RangersDave

Oh dear,
Sorry I can't agree.
This team 'might' get us up, but they are in no way capable of competing and staying in the Premier League.

I championed last week that we should have paid for players this past month not only to help push us forward, but to allow gelling time ready to compete. Obviously HR had other plans and the likes of Rhodes etc didn't come.

"but they are in no way capable of competing and staying in the Premier League."

Really? Compare our squad with those of Stoke, Sunderland, Hull, Norwich or Palace, none of whom are currently in the relegation positions in the Premier League. I would say our squad is better than all those.
This squad in the PL on 12:09 - Feb 2 with 2523 viewsBasingstokeR

If we go up, we'd need to add pace all over the pitch and decrease the average squad age imho
This squad in the PL on 12:13 - Feb 2 with 2511 viewswaveydave

"Green, Murphy, Simpson, Dunne, Onouha, BAE, Traore, Barton, Faurlin, Krancjar, Phillips, Austin"

Green - Yes
Murphy - Backup keeper
Simpson - Yes
Dunne - you can't be serious
Onouha - Yes
BAE - returning to spurs unless we shell out I believe. Not worth it for an ageing player who as we saw yesterday makes stupid mistakes, although I accept not all the time he would cost us goals
Traore - forever injured
Barton - Yes
Faurling - Not even good at Championship since injury woes
Krancjar - return as loan, too slow and unfit in general to compete in the prem
Phillips - Yes
Austin - 100% yes

We have only 6 players good enough to play regulary in the Prem
This squad in the PL on 12:19 - Feb 2 with 2504 viewsnewgolddream

This squad in the PL on 12:00 - Feb 2 by jonno

"but they are in no way capable of competing and staying in the Premier League."

Really? Compare our squad with those of Stoke, Sunderland, Hull, Norwich or Palace, none of whom are currently in the relegation positions in the Premier League. I would say our squad is better than all those.

Good point there but its down to good management at the top level. U only have to look at Palace's Gabbidon and Delaney as an example of this. We haven't great memories of either at W12.
This squad in the PL on 12:31 - Feb 2 with 2472 viewsLoft1979

This squad in the PL on 12:19 - Feb 2 by newgolddream

Good point there but its down to good management at the top level. U only have to look at Palace's Gabbidon and Delaney as an example of this. We haven't great memories of either at W12.

+1
This squad in the PL on 12:54 - Feb 2 with 2444 viewsLoft1979

This squad in the PL on 12:13 - Feb 2 by waveydave

"Green, Murphy, Simpson, Dunne, Onouha, BAE, Traore, Barton, Faurlin, Krancjar, Phillips, Austin"

Green - Yes
Murphy - Backup keeper
Simpson - Yes
Dunne - you can't be serious
Onouha - Yes
BAE - returning to spurs unless we shell out I believe. Not worth it for an ageing player who as we saw yesterday makes stupid mistakes, although I accept not all the time he would cost us goals
Traore - forever injured
Barton - Yes
Faurling - Not even good at Championship since injury woes
Krancjar - return as loan, too slow and unfit in general to compete in the prem
Phillips - Yes
Austin - 100% yes

We have only 6 players good enough to play regulary in the Prem

You only need look at the books. who is signed up past the Summer? HR brought in how many players....how many are loans? How many signings were abandoned... I doubt not so much for dollars but length of term.

I don't even see 6 .
This squad in the PL on 13:03 - Feb 2 with 2414 viewsGloucs_R

The majority of this team will be gone in the summer...loans ending and end of contracts.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

This squad in the PL on 13:34 - Feb 2 with 2378 viewsMedwayR

In the summer we have Green, Young, Dunne, Hill, Hughes, Traore, Park, Mbia, Faurlin, Ephraim, Jenas, O'Neil, Benayoun, Zamora & Johnson all out of contract. Out of those I expect we'll only look to keep Green for definite if we get promoted, and maybe give a year to Dunne, Hill, Faurlin, O'Neil & Benayoun. Plus we'll have our 7 loanees leaving.

Signed up beyond this summer we have Cesar, Murphy, Simpson, Onouha, Suk-Young, SWP, Henry, Diakite, Granero, Barton, Taarabt, Hoilett, Phillips, Austin & Remy. I wouldn't be surprised to see several of those leave too.

So we'll have about 10-12 players arrive in the summer I reckon.

GK: Green / Murphy
RB: Simpson / ?
CB: Onouha / ?
CB: ? / Dunne or Hill?
LB: ? / Suk-Young?
RM: Phillips / ?
CM: Barton / Henry
CM: Granero? / Benayoun?
LM: Hoilett / ?
CF: Remy / ?
CF: Austin / ?

This transfer window should have been used with one eye on the summer but obviously short-term is key so they aren't looking beyond that. The above team if it stayed fit would be in a relegation battle but what else would we expect? The key to our survival will probably be the quality of the covering players & strengthening the spine of the team.

On the plus side our wage bill will probably dramatically reduce, but we'll have to spend to survive, albeit sensibly we hope!

Poll: Who’s better?

This squad in the PL on 14:07 - Feb 2 with 2328 viewslave16

This squad in the PL on 13:34 - Feb 2 by MedwayR

In the summer we have Green, Young, Dunne, Hill, Hughes, Traore, Park, Mbia, Faurlin, Ephraim, Jenas, O'Neil, Benayoun, Zamora & Johnson all out of contract. Out of those I expect we'll only look to keep Green for definite if we get promoted, and maybe give a year to Dunne, Hill, Faurlin, O'Neil & Benayoun. Plus we'll have our 7 loanees leaving.

Signed up beyond this summer we have Cesar, Murphy, Simpson, Onouha, Suk-Young, SWP, Henry, Diakite, Granero, Barton, Taarabt, Hoilett, Phillips, Austin & Remy. I wouldn't be surprised to see several of those leave too.

This transfer window should have been used with one eye on the summer but obviously short-term is key so they aren't looking beyond that. The above team if it stayed fit would be in a relegation battle but what else would we expect? The key to our survival will probably be the quality of the covering players & strengthening the spine of the team.

On the plus side our wage bill will probably dramatically reduce, but we'll have to spend to survive, albeit sensibly we hope!

harry will love the summer transfer window if we go up

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

This squad in the PL on 14:46 - Feb 2 with 2294 viewsdavman

This squad in the PL on 14:07 - Feb 2 by lave16

harry will love the summer transfer window if we go up

Good chance Arry will take the promotion bonus then bugger off if he gets us up. He'll know what chance we'd have of staying up with this lot and IMO won't want his last job to end in relegation.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

This squad in the PL on 15:27 - Feb 2 with 2253 viewsstansleftfoot

There's so many variables in Football, today a WBA side are holding Liverpool, coaching and playing as a team, and playing for each other often carry as much weight in results as does reputation, raw talent and experience.
I think the whole squad and management team needs an overhaul in the next 18 months.
There's much about Harry, Bond's, and Jordan's body language and input that confuses me. It might be, just the way they like to manage.
Or it might be they feel there's enough experience on the pitch, but somehow I do wonder how much they want to be at a Club where the Directors are taking a hands on role in signings, budgets, youth development.
All our Loans and short-termism could point to Harry going at the end of his contract. Or even sooner?
Previous posters have shown just how many players are going in the next 18 months, so with or without promotion, Warren Farm, New Queens Park, there is a huge opportunity for a young manager to come in and do a Martinez/Pochetinno type job for QPR over the next five years.
The excitement of these developments don't seem to be inspiring Harry, he looks over-worked and bored.
Has the time for the Harry Redknapp type come to an end, is the Pochetinno strategist type the new model for Football. Is that where QPR is heading, it doesn't look like Harry and friends are having fun any more.
If anybody was interested I could write 500 words on how Southampton play X type of Football and I don't follow the side, although I do admire them. I couldn't tell you much about QPR other than they put players on a pitch that kind of matches their abilities, sometimes, there's not so much a plan, more a question of making do. Do we need a striker, Yup, so get Five!
Whatever the plan is it's working, but I just wonder given much of the behaviour and evidence how long it's going on for?
Some of the current squad could play some role in a Premiership squad, how many would make the first team would depend on the circumstances at the time. They would improve if there was a pattern of how they were expected to play. And got reminded of it while they were on the pitch occasionally.
Harry and the current coaching team in charge of Saturdays side would be torn asunder by most premiership sides most weekends in my opinion. I might be wrong and I hope I don't get to find out, to be honest. Some of them could make a QPR squad. However; well done Harry! and all power to your elbow if you can keep this up!
This squad in the PL on 15:42 - Feb 2 with 2205 viewsbatmanhoop

performances this season have been well below Premiership level and our points tally against the top teams in the Championship has been disappointing
This squad in the PL on 15:54 - Feb 2 with 2187 viewsparker64

7 of the starting outfield 10 were almost 30 or over. I think the side yesterday would struggle. They'd get pulled all over the pitch. I'm not sure what Rangers really are. A hotch potch of players bunged together. Injuries haven't helped off course.

Enjoyed the game yesterday though!
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 15:55]
This squad in the PL on 15:56 - Feb 2 with 2178 viewsDylanP

If we give extensions to Green Hill and Dunne, then we have a team almost strong enough to compete in the Prem. Not to win it all (or even make the top half, to be sure), but to hold our own.

Green, Dunne, Hill, Simpson, Onouha, Barton, Granero, Taarabt, Hoilett, Phillips, Austin & Remy.

Obviously, we would need cover at most positions and probably a LB, a holding midfielder to play alongside Barton, and a wideman to make up for Hoilett's rubberband hamstrings. Actually, midfield would probably have to be strengthened again. Although I love Adel for what he gave the team, I don't see any evidence that he can turn on the magic in the Prem, where the defenders are quicker and cleverer. Granero isn't the answer either (at least not on the evidence we had last go around), so we need a creative maestro in the middle. Barton is good, but cannot be relied upon to be the creative maestro.

Sure, that team would get thrashed occasionally. It would be too slow at the back for a lot of Prem teams.

But with Remy and Austin, it would also score goals and so I guess we could get to 50 points.

But, or course, the unpleasant truth i that with so many injuries, promotion is a long way from guaranteed. I think we have a lot of character now, much stronger than last year's relegation wimps. But sadly, some of that gumption is now out injured.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

This squad in the PL on 17:37 - Feb 2 with 2110 viewspaulparker

This squad in the PL on 15:27 - Feb 2 by stansleftfoot

There's so many variables in Football, today a WBA side are holding Liverpool, coaching and playing as a team, and playing for each other often carry as much weight in results as does reputation, raw talent and experience.
I think the whole squad and management team needs an overhaul in the next 18 months.
There's much about Harry, Bond's, and Jordan's body language and input that confuses me. It might be, just the way they like to manage.
Or it might be they feel there's enough experience on the pitch, but somehow I do wonder how much they want to be at a Club where the Directors are taking a hands on role in signings, budgets, youth development.
All our Loans and short-termism could point to Harry going at the end of his contract. Or even sooner?
Previous posters have shown just how many players are going in the next 18 months, so with or without promotion, Warren Farm, New Queens Park, there is a huge opportunity for a young manager to come in and do a Martinez/Pochetinno type job for QPR over the next five years.
The excitement of these developments don't seem to be inspiring Harry, he looks over-worked and bored.
Has the time for the Harry Redknapp type come to an end, is the Pochetinno strategist type the new model for Football. Is that where QPR is heading, it doesn't look like Harry and friends are having fun any more.
If anybody was interested I could write 500 words on how Southampton play X type of Football and I don't follow the side, although I do admire them. I couldn't tell you much about QPR other than they put players on a pitch that kind of matches their abilities, sometimes, there's not so much a plan, more a question of making do. Do we need a striker, Yup, so get Five!
Whatever the plan is it's working, but I just wonder given much of the behaviour and evidence how long it's going on for?
Some of the current squad could play some role in a Premiership squad, how many would make the first team would depend on the circumstances at the time. They would improve if there was a pattern of how they were expected to play. And got reminded of it while they were on the pitch occasionally.
Harry and the current coaching team in charge of Saturdays side would be torn asunder by most premiership sides most weekends in my opinion. I might be wrong and I hope I don't get to find out, to be honest. Some of them could make a QPR squad. However; well done Harry! and all power to your elbow if you can keep this up!

we had a pochetino type, His name was Gi Gi Dicanio, the football we played in the short term was outstanding, added to this he coached Agyemang into a striker , got the best out of Rowan Vine & Hogan Empriam played Buzacky in his correct position
we were playing 4-2-3-1, 4 years before it became fashionable again
the atmosphere at HQ was awesome such a shame things went pear shaped and we got in Dowie instead, Briatore made a huge ricket letting him go it really could have been the start of something

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

This squad in the PL on 19:43 - Feb 2 with 2039 viewsNorthernr

Beware of making the same mistakes again. This team is far, far better than the one Hull went up with last season.
This squad in the PL on 20:21 - Feb 2 with 2004 viewsderbyhoop

This squad in the PL on 12:09 - Feb 2 by BasingstokeR

If we go up, we'd need to add pace all over the pitch and decrease the average squad age imho

Agree with that but I don't want to see the complete discarding of those who took us up - like we did last time. 4 or 5 additions ought to be enough to survive considering how poor some of the teams in the bottom half of the PL are.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

This squad in the PL on 20:23 - Feb 2 with 2003 viewsToast_R

I can't even bring myself to think that far ahead yet, as we saw yesterday, we are far from guaranteed promotion this season.

Another massive game next monday which will be another massive test.
This squad in the PL on 08:32 - Feb 3 with 1894 viewsWatfordR

Well, so far this squad has taken 1 point out of 9 from the two teams that are currently most likely to go up with us, and would most likely be favourites to go straight back down.

The current lack of pace down the spine of the team, particularly in midfield, would see us mullered in the Prem IMO.
This squad in the PL on 08:51 - Feb 3 with 1864 viewssimmo

How many times will people fail to learn the lessons that have hamstrung this club for the last 3 years....

THE WHOLE IS GREATER THAN THE SUM OF ITS PARTS.

Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with working within a strict and prudent budget to secure the future of this club, if that comes at the 'cost' of having to be a yo yo club or missing out on 'big names' we all assume we need, then fine.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

This squad in the PL on 11:58 - Feb 3 with 1795 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

This squad in the PL on 15:56 - Feb 2 by DylanP

If we give extensions to Green Hill and Dunne, then we have a team almost strong enough to compete in the Prem. Not to win it all (or even make the top half, to be sure), but to hold our own.

Green, Dunne, Hill, Simpson, Onouha, Barton, Granero, Taarabt, Hoilett, Phillips, Austin & Remy.

Obviously, we would need cover at most positions and probably a LB, a holding midfielder to play alongside Barton, and a wideman to make up for Hoilett's rubberband hamstrings. Actually, midfield would probably have to be strengthened again. Although I love Adel for what he gave the team, I don't see any evidence that he can turn on the magic in the Prem, where the defenders are quicker and cleverer. Granero isn't the answer either (at least not on the evidence we had last go around), so we need a creative maestro in the middle. Barton is good, but cannot be relied upon to be the creative maestro.

Sure, that team would get thrashed occasionally. It would be too slow at the back for a lot of Prem teams.

But with Remy and Austin, it would also score goals and so I guess we could get to 50 points.

But, or course, the unpleasant truth i that with so many injuries, promotion is a long way from guaranteed. I think we have a lot of character now, much stronger than last year's relegation wimps. But sadly, some of that gumption is now out injured.

Dylan, there's three names amongst your eleven, who I don't believe will be at your club, next season!
This squad in the PL on 12:05 - Feb 3 with 1754 viewsTheBlob

This squad in the PL on 17:37 - Feb 2 by paulparker

we had a pochetino type, His name was Gi Gi Dicanio, the football we played in the short term was outstanding, added to this he coached Agyemang into a striker , got the best out of Rowan Vine & Hogan Empriam played Buzacky in his correct position
we were playing 4-2-3-1, 4 years before it became fashionable again
the atmosphere at HQ was awesome such a shame things went pear shaped and we got in Dowie instead, Briatore made a huge ricket letting him go it really could have been the start of something

It was fine under Gigi,the trouble was the games went on for more than 88 minutes.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

This squad in the PL on 12:08 - Feb 3 with 1744 viewsSpiritofGregory

This squad in the PL on 13:34 - Feb 2 by MedwayR

Green will have to take one hell of a pay cut, no way is he worth anything near 50k a week.

Why can't we go and find a better, younger, cheaper keeper? Other clubs seem to find them why can't we? If Cesar is still on the books, it will be Cesar in goal and bye bye to Green.

Nedham is too cumbersome for the Premier League, remember Saturday he gets shell shocked against a decent forward line.

That squad will need major heart surgery if we want to stay up. Both Leicester and Burnley have a better chance. Both have settled squads who will run through brick walls for each other. It's the Norwich and Swansea situation all over over again.
This squad in the PL on 12:14 - Feb 3 with 1722 viewsdaveB

Looking at Hull and palace a year ago I wouldn't have fancied either of them to do anything but both have done pretty well with a few sensible additions.

If we get up I wouldn't make major changes in the summer, just a few extra players of quality rather than quantity
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024