Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The old messageboard 23:36 - Aug 7 with 8117 viewsTangerine_Cabbie

Appears to be a lot busier over on the fansonline site than in here. Just feels like we've kind of been split up, with subjects being discussed and repeated on both sites, I'm finding myself flitting between each site. But got tbh the old site has definately got more traffic. Thoughts ?
The old messageboard on 13:50 - Aug 8 with 1630 viewsclappers

The old messageboard on 13:27 - Aug 8 by TwoPhillips

Think they'll come over at 3pm tomorrow when that site crashes!

Its up the spout again as we speak....showing the board but no posts being posted.

If you have the urge to stand and shout...it has to be for OYSTON OUT!

The old messageboard on 14:03 - Aug 8 with 1589 viewsOrmegod

The old messageboard on 13:50 - Aug 8 by clappers

Its up the spout again as we speak....showing the board but no posts being posted.

Glad its not just me then,has someone forgotten to pay the bill?

"Managing a league club is like making love to a mermaid, you should be aiming for a top half finish"

The old messageboard on 14:17 - Aug 8 with 1572 viewsSupport

The old messageboard on 11:44 - Aug 8 by THEMISSINGLINK

AVFTT, and you think this site won't ever crash, according to certain technophobes the equipment being used here is more outdated than the original(and still by far the best AVFTT), time as you say will eventually tell,but the way this transfer was handled was to say the least a little on the underhanded side.Anyway back over to the real board.

According to technophobes? What would a technophobe know about servers? And what specs do these "technophobes" think we're running anyway?

I'm not saying we'll never crash but we do better traffic than FansOnline (source: Alexa.com) even before Blackpool joined our network and we've yet to have a major outage in the 4 years that I've run the network.

The only winners in all of this are FansOnline. They're profiting from AVFTT's hard work for over a decade (I'm guessing as they were on Rivals the same time I was) and they're being rewarded for what I understand is quite an unreliable service but that's your choice.

Poll: Does my bum look big in this?

The old messageboard on 14:30 - Aug 8 with 1543 viewsTHEMISSINGLINK

The old messageboard on 14:17 - Aug 8 by Support

According to technophobes? What would a technophobe know about servers? And what specs do these "technophobes" think we're running anyway?

I'm not saying we'll never crash but we do better traffic than FansOnline (source: Alexa.com) even before Blackpool joined our network and we've yet to have a major outage in the 4 years that I've run the network.

The only winners in all of this are FansOnline. They're profiting from AVFTT's hard work for over a decade (I'm guessing as they were on Rivals the same time I was) and they're being rewarded for what I understand is quite an unreliable service but that's your choice.

Support,only posting what i'd heard,thanks for your response, and for clarification,the other site is running fine and well thanks.
The old messageboard on 14:36 - Aug 8 with 1521 viewstde74

It looks like it's working a treat right now.
The old messageboard on 14:58 - Aug 8 with 1484 viewsFY4MIKEH

The old messageboard on 14:36 - Aug 8 by tde74

It looks like it's working a treat right now.

The new board is better, and people should support it.
Fansonline crashed too often, and I find it hard to understand why so many won't come over.
Who is moderating the old one ?
The old messageboard on 15:25 - Aug 8 with 1466 viewsbfc_bfc_bfc

The old messageboard on 14:17 - Aug 8 by Support

Erm, Just to be clear on this mate...

AVFTT was a community of posters and THAT is what created the success it had. AVFTT was not and never has been the one individual who obtained revenue as a result of the collective success.

With that in mind, Fansonline are benefiting from hosting the continued success of a community that by and large has not decided to move, is wholly satisfied with and in fact appreciate and enjoy the format of OUR site.
The old messageboard on 15:27 - Aug 8 with 1464 viewsLancashireHotpot

The old messageboard on 15:25 - Aug 8 by bfc_bfc_bfc

AVFTT was a community of posters and THAT is what created the success it had. AVFTT was not and never has been the one individual who obtained revenue as a result of the collective success.

With that in mind, Fansonline are benefiting from hosting the continued success of a community that by and large has not decided to move, is wholly satisfied with and in fact appreciate and enjoy the format of OUR site.

Forget the others, this board knocks the socks off FOL and BHS, much better interface than either.
Login to get fewer ads

The old messageboard on 15:37 - Aug 8 with 1455 viewsseasider81

The old messageboard on 15:27 - Aug 8 by LancashireHotpot

Forget the others, this board knocks the socks off FOL and BHS, much better interface than either.

If you like reading adverts
The old messageboard on 15:42 - Aug 8 with 1447 viewsrealistic

Fair, reasoned and balanced stuff that bfc x loads.

I do feel a little sorry for the backlash created by the ones who claimed the original AVFTT was clsoing down, talk about naive and ill judged own goals.

''quod saveris metes''

The old messageboard on 15:43 - Aug 8 with 1446 viewsSeasider91

It wasn't right that AVFTT used the scare tactics they did to make people come over to this one but I have to say it is much better than FOL and BHS with all it's new features.

"We shall take baby steps up the league" Ian Holloway in July 2009

The old messageboard on 15:58 - Aug 8 with 1433 viewsanexmanager

Pin this to the name/site hijackers arses and kick them right up it

I am sticking with the old site just because of the deceit

I'd rather die on my feet Than keep living on my knees

The old messageboard on 16:04 - Aug 8 with 1422 viewstde74

You know half the story and have jumped to a conclusion or are wilfully ignoring AVFTT's setting the record straight posts. How incredibly atypical of our 'loyal' forumites.
The old messageboard on 16:07 - Aug 8 with 1416 viewsWhitehorse

The old messageboard on 15:27 - Aug 8 by LancashireHotpot

Forget the others, this board knocks the socks off FOL, much better interface than FOL.
*fixed
The old messageboard on 16:18 - Aug 8 with 1399 viewsbfc_bfc_bfc

The old messageboard on 16:04 - Aug 8 by tde74

You know half the story and have jumped to a conclusion or are wilfully ignoring AVFTT's setting the record straight posts. How incredibly atypical of our 'loyal' forumites.

What I know tde, is that AVFTT was not and has never been about one or two individuals. I'll grant their may be a few who might have decided that it was their site, but IMO for what it is worth it wasn't anyone's to take..

In fact I'd struggle to find a more accurate reflection of the way in which our clubs majority shareholder has taken it upon himself to remove the many millions from and treats a community club like his own personal possession.

Peas in a pod!!

The users of AVFTT deserved to be given a choice and deserved to be treated with a straight bat.

As for the loyal forumites bollox....All I can say is that it comes as no surprise and reflects the contempt with which the 'select few' have shown to their fellow friends and forum companions over a significant period of time.

It Matters!!
The old messageboard on 16:32 - Aug 8 with 1219 viewsTHEMISSINGLINK

The old messageboard on 16:18 - Aug 8 by bfc_bfc_bfc

What I know tde, is that AVFTT was not and has never been about one or two individuals. I'll grant their may be a few who might have decided that it was their site, but IMO for what it is worth it wasn't anyone's to take..

In fact I'd struggle to find a more accurate reflection of the way in which our clubs majority shareholder has taken it upon himself to remove the many millions from and treats a community club like his own personal possession.

Peas in a pod!!

The users of AVFTT deserved to be given a choice and deserved to be treated with a straight bat.

As for the loyal forumites bollox....All I can say is that it comes as no surprise and reflects the contempt with which the 'select few' have shown to their fellow friends and forum companions over a significant period of time.

It Matters!!

Well said bfc bfc bfc, both posts.
The old messageboard on 16:47 - Aug 8 with 1210 viewsSupport

This is not my fight, but one last thing I'd like to say is that it takes a lot of effort to make a site work. You don't just create a forum one day and that's the end of it. It takes years of work. People don't seem to acknowledge the stories on the front page but these take effort and lots of new people come to a website because of those and then stay to join the banter. You've then got a community on your forum but you've got to keep that community happy.

Unfortunately the switch to the new site has made people unhappy due to the way it was done. When I was approached the owners were desperate to move to a more stable platform and I was asked to rewrite much of my software to make a more simpler version of the forum to keep people happy. They went to a lot of lengths to research where to go next but all they seem to be getting is grief from people that wanted to move in the first place.

So, everyone has a greater choice than before and that's a good thing but I have a lot of sympathy for the guys that run this site because at the moment it's a thankless task and they thought they were doing it for the good of their community.

Poll: Does my bum look big in this?

The old messageboard on 16:57 - Aug 8 with 1202 viewsanexmanager

The old messageboard on 16:47 - Aug 8 by Support

This is not my fight, but one last thing I'd like to say is that it takes a lot of effort to make a site work. You don't just create a forum one day and that's the end of it. It takes years of work. People don't seem to acknowledge the stories on the front page but these take effort and lots of new people come to a website because of those and then stay to join the banter. You've then got a community on your forum but you've got to keep that community happy.

Unfortunately the switch to the new site has made people unhappy due to the way it was done. When I was approached the owners were desperate to move to a more stable platform and I was asked to rewrite much of my software to make a more simpler version of the forum to keep people happy. They went to a lot of lengths to research where to go next but all they seem to be getting is grief from people that wanted to move in the first place.

So, everyone has a greater choice than before and that's a good thing but I have a lot of sympathy for the guys that run this site because at the moment it's a thankless task and they thought they were doing it for the good of their community.

Deceit and lies where used to get everyone to come over by a much maligned moderator.
If he was not so contemptuous and attempting to belittle people and their opinions they might have got away with it.

Having mods that post who are so self centred and opinionated is not on !
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 16:58]

I'd rather die on my feet Than keep living on my knees

The old messageboard on 17:22 - Aug 8 with 1171 viewstde74

More tinfoil hats than a UFO convention.

I'll tell you this for free - Robbie has never to my knowledge lied or been deceitful at any point. Make of that what you will. Maybe we are all liars eh? Doing this... for nowt but abuse...

That's my last word on it anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The old messageboard on 17:48 - Aug 8 with 1138 viewsSemper_Fi

The old messageboard on 17:22 - Aug 8 by tde74

More tinfoil hats than a UFO convention.

I'll tell you this for free - Robbie has never to my knowledge lied or been deceitful at any point. Make of that what you will. Maybe we are all liars eh? Doing this... for nowt but abuse...

That's my last word on it anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Baz has had a shocker, and what ever is said, people were mislead into believing fansonline was closing down.

Fansonline will carry on being the main site, perhaps even prosper as the moderation will be better, and baz couldn't show his face on there again, brilliant.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024