Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard Dunne 22:53 - Oct 27 with 3997 viewssmegma

You the man !!

That's all.
Richard Dunne on 23:12 - Oct 27 with 2849 viewseghamranger

My MOM. Put in a massive shift
Richard Dunne on 23:29 - Oct 27 with 2802 viewsjohncharles

If in doubt, boot it out, not subtle but it's what we need at the moment. Gives the defence a chance to get back to their positions. How many goals have we conceded from defensive mix ups ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Richard Dunne on 23:34 - Oct 27 with 2786 viewsbosh67

Cauker looked so much better alongside Dunne tonight.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Richard Dunne on 23:41 - Oct 27 with 2754 viewsted_hendrix

Dunne worked his bolox off tonight and was good as was Yun or whatever he's called.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Richard Dunne on 23:48 - Oct 27 with 2727 viewsjohnhoop

I don't think he'll be the man to put on Sergio Aguero in the City game but a physical battle with Diego Costa on Saturday could be right up his street.
Richard Dunne on 00:54 - Oct 28 with 2638 viewsQPR_Donald

Yep .... OP says it all really!

An honorable mention also for Henry .... every team needs a couple of soldiers like those two boys
[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 1:12]
Richard Dunne on 03:17 - Oct 28 with 2568 viewsitsbiga

He's like a fricking Sherman tank. Not fast but you get near enough to him and he'll run over you.
Bloke was a bloody one man fortress today.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Richard Dunne on 06:31 - Oct 28 with 2498 viewsvegasranger

He was outstanding but Villa played into his hands. Balls straight down the middle are meat and drink to him. He's a real competitor and we will need a whole team with his attitude to avoid relegation.
Login to get fewer ads

Richard Dunne on 07:19 - Oct 28 with 2427 views18StoneOfHoop

May 10th 2014 SpiritofGregory

Dunne is past his sell by date.

Dunne's lack of pace is a weak link in our team.

May 10th 2014 18StoneOfHoop

No way will he be dropped at this late stage - obviously one of the first players Harry puts on the team sheet. I think the many Richard Dunne critics on these boards overstate their case. No way are his legs as shot as say Webb & McLintock circa 1978. Yes,he has had lapses in the second half of the season after an excellent first but to my mind he 's as quick and mobile as any other centre-back - a position where anticipation & experience are just as important as sheer speed - in this division.I can see him rising to the occasion in the next 2 games and marking Chris Martin would be right up his street. We will see.

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1306&start=40

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/ireland/1921/richard-dunne

Official MotM at Wembley same again last night..write him off at your peril.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Richard Dunne on 07:28 - Oct 28 with 2401 viewsCHUBBS

Richard Dunne on 07:19 - Oct 28 by 18StoneOfHoop

May 10th 2014 SpiritofGregory

Dunne is past his sell by date.

Dunne's lack of pace is a weak link in our team.

May 10th 2014 18StoneOfHoop

No way will he be dropped at this late stage - obviously one of the first players Harry puts on the team sheet. I think the many Richard Dunne critics on these boards overstate their case. No way are his legs as shot as say Webb & McLintock circa 1978. Yes,he has had lapses in the second half of the season after an excellent first but to my mind he 's as quick and mobile as any other centre-back - a position where anticipation & experience are just as important as sheer speed - in this division.I can see him rising to the occasion in the next 2 games and marking Chris Martin would be right up his street. We will see.

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1306&start=40

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/ireland/1921/richard-dunne

Official MotM at Wembley same again last night..write him off at your peril.

Exactly,the man is the leader at the back who is always a step ahead in his head.
Can't over play him mind or we'll ruin him like we did last season.
Richard Dunne on 07:54 - Oct 28 with 2357 viewseghamranger

I was Listening to Talksport on the way home last night, was full of Villa fans ringing up and moaning about no money at the club and how poor lambert is. No one mentioned how good Richatd Dunne was tonight and he was let go by Lambert.
Richard Dunne on 08:15 - Oct 28 with 2317 viewsPetros

Richard Dunne on 07:54 - Oct 28 by eghamranger

I was Listening to Talksport on the way home last night, was full of Villa fans ringing up and moaning about no money at the club and how poor lambert is. No one mentioned how good Richatd Dunne was tonight and he was let go by Lambert.

Roughly the same age as Ferdinand, what a difference in approach. Respect.
Richard Dunne on 08:25 - Oct 28 with 2278 viewsDiscodroids

very strong in the tackle, excellent in the air and i dont remember him getting done for pace/positioning..i think it was his long ball from the back for grey friars knock down to charlie??..havent seen it on the box yet.

good old fashioned strong center back....and used sparingly and NEVER in a back three..could prove to be a real asset in keeping us up.

looks a bit more chiseled around the old chops as well, seems fittter to me.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Richard Dunne on 08:26 - Oct 28 with 2280 viewsWokingR

He deserves a lot of credit for his performances since being given a chance. So many younger players would be given the excuse "they need a few games to get match fit" but he has hit the ground running and at 56 years old too.
Not many of us would have predicted him as being our preferred centre half option at the start of the season
Now, how to get Captain Clint back in too?
Richard Dunne on 08:26 - Oct 28 with 2278 viewswestberksr

Richard Dunne on 08:15 - Oct 28 by Petros

Roughly the same age as Ferdinand, what a difference in approach. Respect.

Horses for courses, when at the bottom needing people to put their body on the line and do the simple stuff well you need players like Dunne, Hill & Henry.

That's why Rio isn't going to work as he is used to playing for a top level team where the oppo are intimidated before they walk on the pitch, Dunne does his intimidating in the first 5 minutes.

Row z is the right place for the ball if the alternative is possibly conceding a goal
Richard Dunne on 08:32 - Oct 28 with 2256 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He was awesome.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Richard Dunne on 08:36 - Oct 28 with 2247 viewsdanehoop

What he brings to the back 4 is leadership and direction. He is constantly talking and looking to organise those around him and keep the defensive shape. Anything physical and down the middle you will always have him as a favourite for. Pace and guile, particularly coming in from down the wide channels and cutting in, are a problem for him at this level now. The difference though is that we now have full backs with pace and a bit of physicality to support from those positions and Henry doing a great job disrupting play and keeping it tight and simple in the midfield.

In the Championship the problem that Dunne faced was having to play so many games having only just got back to full fitness. In the Premiership there is a longer space between games which seems to allow him greater recovery time. If he plays 30 games this season it will be quite something, but that delay in bringing him in this year may have helped him.

In terms of attitude between him and Rio, not sure that there is so much between them. They were both bought into play in very different systems, Rio is better through 3 at the back, whilst seems much happier in a back 4 role. They have both been good international players (though neither truly world class) and huge experience that they bring to bear. I think they are both quite tactically astute about how to play the game as a result.

At this point I think that Dunne brings a little more leadership to those around him on the pitch which seems to be bringing out a bit more confidence and understanding of respective roles. That in turn is making them look much more like a defensive unit. For Rio the defence were still trying to get used to new personnel, roles and responsibilities and there wasnt necessarily the time for an effective partnership to really gel before bagpuss abandoned the system entirely. There will always be a question of why bagpuss bought specifically for a new system only to abandon it so quickly and then be surprised why players struggled.

For me though the question is one of concentration. Dunne seems to be really switched on throughout the game and actively looking for risks/threats and keeping the defence alert. Rio didnt seem to be able to do that for a whole game either individually or leading the defence. Again that may in part be down to the change in system, but it does show the importance of being absolutely clear in roles and responsibilities.

Never knowingly understood

Richard Dunne on 09:14 - Oct 28 with 2180 viewsBluce_Ree

Certainly put in some great challenges and blocks. Maddix-esque performance.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Richard Dunne on 09:14 - Oct 28 with 2180 viewsstevec

A centre half who attacks the ball and another who prefers to drop and bingo.. you have a partnership.

The reason Caulker and Rio hasn't worked is not just down to Rio's decline, more to do with both playing a similar style.

No doubt matches against Chelsea and City may have everyone screaming for a change again but prefer it if we judged our defenders in games we have a realistic chance of defending.
Richard Dunne on 11:55 - Oct 28 with 2095 viewsTacticalR

Six foot two, eyes of blue, Richard Dunne is after you!

Air hostess clique

Richard Dunne on 12:08 - Oct 28 with 2075 viewseastside_r

Some say he's not very mobile, but neither would you be with 14st of Christian Benteke in your pocket.
Richard Dunne on 12:16 - Oct 28 with 2060 viewsdaveB

I think Caulker has been a little on awe of Ferdinand and looked a bit intimidated to be playing alongside one of his heroes. Since Rio has been dropped Caulker looks so much more confident and has performed far better. It’s also helped that we have two central midfield players protecting the back four.
Richard Dunne on 12:21 - Oct 28 with 2039 viewsDiscodroids

Richard Dunne on 11:55 - Oct 28 by TacticalR

Six foot two, eyes of blue, Richard Dunne is after you!

my god!! he sounds a bit Ayran !! "6ft 2 eyes of blue"..

he sounds like a stormtrooper, a boys from brazil hybrid, if you will..has clive vetted this posting for undesirable stereotypes/racism.

i think we should be told.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Richard Dunne on 12:25 - Oct 28 with 2028 viewsTacticalR

Some of my best friends are Aryans.

Air hostess clique

Richard Dunne on 12:32 - Oct 28 with 2005 viewssimmo

They played right into his hands to be fair, but he was excellent, his positioning is brilliant when crosses come in and he gets infront of the strikers really well to cut out forward passes. All that being said, I would prefer to see Cheif alongside Caulker, that should be our CBV partnership of the future, but in the mean time it can't do Caulker any harm to learn from someone like Dunne...

I would also prefer Hill at CB over Rio, no contest.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 12:42]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024