Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale Online coverage 12:04 - Feb 7 with 7828 viewsdawlishdale

Why is the coverage of Dale so poor on Rochdale Online?

They seem very capable of publicising sporting events in the town (particularly Hornets, for example) but seem loath to offer much in the way of positive publicity about the football.

This weekend for example, there was an excellent item (together with photos and video links) about Hornets following their fantastic win.

Dale, on the other hand, hardly warranted anything... a short item which in its first papragraph moans at the lack of quality on show and also points out the poor pitch. No photographs, and no positivity whatsoever, unless you count us losing our play off position as positive. No mention of our long list of injured players, or any other mitigating circumstances.

Do they even send someone along. After all, we are the premier professional sporting club in the Borough. It doesn't look like they can be bothered.
Rochdale Online coverage on 20:55 - Feb 8 with 1975 viewsisitme

Rochdale Online coverage on 20:46 - Feb 8 by mingthemerciless

You only have to look at the quality of her action photographs. She captures the emotions of the players in a way that someone just turning up to do a job can't do. Only somebody with real ability and a sense of personal involvement can do that.

No I'm not related. in fact I don't really know her at all, I've just seen the work she does.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 20:50]

To be fair if you look at the quality of photos that appear on the official site and Twitter they are also good. I cannot comment about the Hornets one as I do not read articles about them, although it is good to see them doing well.
Rochdale Online coverage on 20:57 - Feb 8 with 1966 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Online coverage on 20:51 - Feb 8 by mingthemerciless

That's news to me. I have no idea who the football club employ as a photographer.

I never said you did.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale Online coverage on 21:03 - Feb 8 with 1948 viewsDySporting

Rochdale Online coverage on 20:46 - Feb 8 by mingthemerciless

You only have to look at the quality of her action photographs. She captures the emotions of the players in a way that someone just turning up to do a job can't do. Only somebody with real ability and a sense of personal involvement can do that.

No I'm not related. in fact I don't really know her at all, I've just seen the work she does.

She's a cracking photographer and promotes the Hornets well.

Different sports, different action but I've over 100'000 Dale photos on file which show the emotion and action of the game. As my celebration photos are used regularly in club marketing, TVOS and even national papers I reckon I get my fair share of decent shots.

I have to ask you Ming why have you become so anti the football club in the last few weeks? What's got your back up because all people on this thread are doing is saying the football club are very good at self promotion with or without the ob/online.
Rochdale Online coverage on 21:09 - Feb 8 with 1929 views442Dale

Rochdale Online coverage on 21:03 - Feb 8 by DySporting

Different sports, different action but I've over 100'000 Dale photos on file which show the emotion and action of the game. As my celebration photos are used regularly in club marketing, TVOS and even national papers I reckon I get my fair share of decent shots.

I have to ask you Ming why have you become so anti the football club in the last few weeks? What's got your back up because all people on this thread are doing is saying the football club are very good at self promotion with or without the ob/online.

Any pictures you have of us in purple at Shrewsbury or Chesterfield would certainly stir emotions.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale Online coverage on 21:16 - Feb 8 with 1914 viewsDySporting

Rochdale Online coverage on 21:09 - Feb 8 by 442Dale

Any pictures you have of us in purple at Shrewsbury or Chesterfield would certainly stir emotions.

I have some fantastic kit clashes in the archives. Although wolves recently are doing a great job with that away kit.
Rochdale Online coverage on 21:28 - Feb 8 with 1890 viewsnordenblue

Rochdale Online coverage on 20:49 - Feb 8 by TVOS1907

... somebody who the football club also have, who has been in the role for almost 20 years.

It seems someone is trying to create problems and divisions here.

Very out of character....
Rochdale Online coverage on 21:39 - Feb 8 with 1868 views442Dale

Rochdale Online coverage on 21:16 - Feb 8 by DySporting

I have some fantastic kit clashes in the archives. Although wolves recently are doing a great job with that away kit.

I request they are randomly posted somewhere. If only to steel myself for the future.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale Online coverage on 21:43 - Feb 8 with 1857 viewsmingthemerciless

Rochdale Online coverage on 21:03 - Feb 8 by DySporting

The OP started this thread by asking why Hornets were getting better coverage than the Football Club on Rochdale Online. I don't know wether he has a point or not because I never read the Football coverage and I only rarely read the Rugby League coverage.
However I have seen the good work the photographer does at Hornets so I suggested this may be the reason. No more than that.
I could ask why are people so paranoid regarding anything concerning Hornets on this site ?
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale Online coverage on 21:46 - Feb 8 with 1841 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Online coverage on 21:43 - Feb 8 by mingthemerciless

The OP started this thread by asking why Hornets were getting better coverage than the Football Club on Rochdale Online. I don't know wether he has a point or not because I never read the Football coverage and I only rarely read the Rugby League coverage.
However I have seen the good work the photographer does at Hornets so I suggested this may be the reason. No more than that.
I could ask why are people so paranoid regarding anything concerning Hornets on this site ?

Right.

Rochdale Online coverage on 21:59 - Feb 8 with 1816 viewsnordenblue

Rochdale Online coverage on 21:43 - Feb 8 by mingthemerciless

It's not paranoid,your bias towards all things hornets on here is at best nauseous.... it is also in case you forgot a FOOTBALL forum in general...
Rochdale Online coverage on 23:07 - Feb 8 with 1698 viewsTVOS1907

I thought you would put it across better than me.

Rochdale Online coverage on 08:57 - Feb 9 with 1514 viewsmingthemerciless

Rochdale Online coverage on 21:59 - Feb 8 by nordenblue

It's not paranoid,your bias towards all things hornets on here is at best nauseous.... it is also in case you forgot a FOOTBALL forum in general...

OK, I get the picture. You don't want any alternative points of view. That's fine.

Have you ever considered why somebody such as myself who was a football fanatic for a large chunk of my life no longer gets excited about the game ?
Rochdale Online coverage on 09:06 - Feb 9 with 1504 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Online coverage on 08:57 - Feb 9 by mingthemerciless

OK, I get the picture. You don't want any alternative points of view. That's fine.

Have you ever considered why somebody such as myself who was a football fanatic for a large chunk of my life no longer gets excited about the game ?

Not really.

Rochdale Online coverage on 09:37 - Feb 9 with 1466 viewsDaleiLama

I don't know you from Adam Ming, and this is not a personal attack, nor am I trying to drive you away, but I suspect no one wonders why you don't get excited about the game.

You posted a couple of times recently

"I used to go up to Spotland regularly to watch the football and I still recall with pleasure great players and terrific games of football I've seen whilst watching the ' Dale. I'm sorry but Football today holds no great attraction for me. The stupid wages since the advent of the Premier League , the diving and cheating, ineffectual refereeing, 4-5-1 style football etc have just done my head in. I no longer watch football much, even on TV. It's funny but quite a few blokes I see up at Hornets are guys I played football against as a young player. I know they didn't play rugby then, neither did I , but they think the same as I do."

And

"Ok the money isn't the same at the 'Dale's level but some of the other things I mentioned are. I do accept and respect your well meant comments. The team Keith Hill has put out is obviously the best footballing side at Spotland since the promotion side of 1969. They were great to watch but like most of the posters on here I've had to watch a lot of rubbish as well over years, I suppose that makes the good times even better when they come around. Like lots of other fans who walk away you soon find other things to do that may be more pleasurable, less stressful or less expensive . I see my 86 year old mum now on Saturday afternoons, we have a quiet drink and it gets her out of the house. There are other Hornets fans I know who watch both teams, they must have been real gluttons for punishment in the past when both clubs were struggling"

As I posted at the time, your comments about your mum are entirely laudable and I find myself in the same position many, many times. You clearly also have "Rochdale" flowing through your veins, but what I and I'm sure a lot of others wonder is why you come on a RAFC football forum to post about how great Hornets are and how you really aren't that fussed about football anymore. In addition, some of your comments seem designed to provoke other posters. Each to his own like, but to me, it just seems to be a bit of a head scratcher.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Rochdale Online coverage on 10:21 - Feb 9 with 1400 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Online coverage on 23:07 - Feb 8 by TVOS1907

I thought you would put it across better than me.

Looks like your post has been deleted, R17.

Rochdale Online coverage on 13:54 - Feb 9 with 1638 viewsnordenblue

Why bother posting on a rochdale FOOTBALL club forum if you have no interest or anything remotely positive to say about the football/club?

I'm not slightly interested why you're no longer excited about the game to be perfectly honest that's your prerogative,but please don't let that stop you posting more downbeat comments though..... it must grate on your nerves though now the football club is unrecognisable to the crap of years gone by,one of the Rochdale clubs has not stopped striving forward whilst the other one has sat still for decades,I'll let you decide which is which
Rochdale Online coverage on 14:13 - Feb 9 with 1600 viewsmacro

If you supported a premier league side maybe, even if you supported a club such as Stockport BUT Dale are in the best position they've ever been in. Also hasn't the super league ruined rugby league, the hornets will never get to the super league. I find your statement ridiculous you can argue money has spoilt both games but RAFC are in the best position they've ever been. Therefore I have to conclude that you are a bitter hornets fan who can't cope with now being tenants at the COA and react with tantrums to any criticism ever thrown the way of them.
Rochdale Online coverage on 14:28 - Feb 9 with 1574 viewsdawlishdale

Rochdale Online coverage on 14:13 - Feb 9 by macro

If you supported a premier league side maybe, even if you supported a club such as Stockport BUT Dale are in the best position they've ever been in. Also hasn't the super league ruined rugby league, the hornets will never get to the super league. I find your statement ridiculous you can argue money has spoilt both games but RAFC are in the best position they've ever been. Therefore I have to conclude that you are a bitter hornets fan who can't cope with now being tenants at the COA and react with tantrums to any criticism ever thrown the way of them.

But my original post was in no way a dig at Hornets. In fact, just the opposite.

I actually want them to do well, and when I lived here, watched them many times.

My original post was questioning why a local media outlet (Rochdale Online) seems to favour them over Dale.

Anyone who hasn't seen the write ups of our respective matches from last weekend should have a look at how positively one team is portrayed, whilst the other is only mentioned in gloomy dispatches.

Perhaps Ming is the Owner of Rochdale Online (or Hornets !!!)
Rochdale Online coverage on 15:20 - Feb 9 with 1512 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Online coverage on 14:28 - Feb 9 by dawlishdale

But my original post was in no way a dig at Hornets. In fact, just the opposite.

I actually want them to do well, and when I lived here, watched them many times.

My original post was questioning why a local media outlet (Rochdale Online) seems to favour them over Dale.

Anyone who hasn't seen the write ups of our respective matches from last weekend should have a look at how positively one team is portrayed, whilst the other is only mentioned in gloomy dispatches.

Perhaps Ming is the Owner of Rochdale Online (or Hornets !!!)

Absolutely.

Your original post was very fair and reasoned, but someone decided to take it off track with barbed comments.

Rochdale Online coverage on 20:53 - Feb 9 with 1360 viewsSandyman

Rochdale Online coverage on 10:21 - Feb 9 by TVOS1907

Looks like your post has been deleted, R17.

It was a very well made point.
Rochdale Online coverage on 22:18 - Feb 9 with 1277 viewsR17ALE

Rochdale Online coverage on 20:53 - Feb 9 by Sandyman

It was a very well made point.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Rochdale Online coverage on 23:11 - Feb 9 with 1210 viewsColDale

Rochdale Online coverage on 22:18 - Feb 9 by R17ALE

Check your email
Rochdale Online coverage on 11:11 - Feb 10 with 1036 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Rochdale Online coverage on 22:18 - Feb 9 by R17ALE

How come a full stop gets three thumb ups?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Rochdale Online coverage on 13:38 - Feb 10 with 915 viewsjudd

Rochdale Online coverage on 11:11 - Feb 10 by BigDaveMyCock

How come a full stop gets three thumb ups?

!

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024