Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Punch Up At The Rugby 18:39 - Jan 19 with 6574 viewsNeath_Jack

F*ck all wrong with this is it? Willing participants, let them have a go...

Investigation ffs.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/shocking-scenes-huge-brawl-

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Punch Up At The Rugby on 17:26 - Jan 21 with 1177 viewsProfessor

Punch Up At The Rugby on 13:46 - Jan 21 by theloneranger

When rugby was "Dog Eat Dog" ... When referees weren't the stars and large crowds watched club games.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/new-life-1990s-welsh-rugby-

Its probably too physical a game now-all charge and crash and 500 cameras. Welsh Rugby was such a dirty game in the 70s-90s. Other than equally dirty French, for the other three of the five nations it was the gam go public or grammar school, university and the 'professions' like lawyers and financial sector. Not so in Wales (or SA and NZ) where we all played to some extent. I used to watch Treorchy a fair bit and always had a reasonable crowd (as did the other Rhondda teams) in the mid-district league and often around 1500-2000 in the First Division years. The saddest thing about the decline in attendance is that Neath, Bridgend and the All-Whites would get similar or larger crowds than the Ospreys. The regions get no more than individual clubs got, with the semi-pro teams rarely get into the 000s. Contrast with England where many clubs are packed weekly. I wish there was an answer, but the money is just not there. The WRU is itching to kill off a region (most likely Ospreys) and pitch the replacement up around RCG in Parc Eirias.
Punch Up At The Rugby on 17:38 - Jan 21 with 1160 viewsNotLoyal

Fight in a pub after the football, football related.
Fight in a pub after any rugby game, fight in a pub.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Punch Up At The Rugby on 17:40 - Jan 21 with 1157 viewstaffpunk

Punch Up At The Rugby on 17:38 - Jan 21 by NotLoyal

Fight in a pub after the football, football related.
Fight in a pub after any rugby game, fight in a pub.

Agree, but the thread is about what happened on the field.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Punch Up At The Rugby on 17:54 - Jan 21 with 1142 viewstaffpunk

Punch Up At The Rugby on 17:26 - Jan 21 by Professor

Its probably too physical a game now-all charge and crash and 500 cameras. Welsh Rugby was such a dirty game in the 70s-90s. Other than equally dirty French, for the other three of the five nations it was the gam go public or grammar school, university and the 'professions' like lawyers and financial sector. Not so in Wales (or SA and NZ) where we all played to some extent. I used to watch Treorchy a fair bit and always had a reasonable crowd (as did the other Rhondda teams) in the mid-district league and often around 1500-2000 in the First Division years. The saddest thing about the decline in attendance is that Neath, Bridgend and the All-Whites would get similar or larger crowds than the Ospreys. The regions get no more than individual clubs got, with the semi-pro teams rarely get into the 000s. Contrast with England where many clubs are packed weekly. I wish there was an answer, but the money is just not there. The WRU is itching to kill off a region (most likely Ospreys) and pitch the replacement up around RCG in Parc Eirias.

You're right, current crowds would be about 250-300 watching Treorchy, about half that watch Ystrad. Both sides are doing well this season, Tre are top, and Ystrad have won their last 4 games pulling themselves out of the relegation zone in the division above. I still enjoy watching local Rugby, though have absolutely no interest in the Regions, and the national team is just a good day out in the local Pubs.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 17:56]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Punch Up At The Rugby on 18:05 - Jan 21 with 1131 viewsdickythorpe

Good win down at Narberth on Saturday Taff, did you go? Good clubhouse and town to visit
Punch Up At The Rugby on 18:20 - Jan 21 with 1119 viewstaffpunk

Punch Up At The Rugby on 18:05 - Jan 21 by dickythorpe

Good win down at Narberth on Saturday Taff, did you go? Good clubhouse and town to visit

No, too far for me because I open the shop on Saturday morning. Went to watch my oldest son play football, beat Cardiff Airport 2-1.

A great win for Ystrad, totally unexpected as we're struggling this season, I know that the boys who went had a good welcome. On the up at the moment, beat Neath at home last week as well, I went to that, fantastic bunch the away supporters, great banter.

Punch Up At The Rugby on 18:33 - Jan 21 with 1105 viewsSwanjaxs

Punch Up At The Rugby on 18:20 - Jan 21 by taffpunk

No, too far for me because I open the shop on Saturday morning. Went to watch my oldest son play football, beat Cardiff Airport 2-1.

A great win for Ystrad, totally unexpected as we're struggling this season, I know that the boys who went had a good welcome. On the up at the moment, beat Neath at home last week as well, I went to that, fantastic bunch the away supporters, great banter.

Good win that, Cardiff Airport are flying at the moment...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Punch Up At The Rugby on 18:51 - Jan 21 with 1091 viewsJackfath

Punch Up At The Rugby on 18:33 - Jan 21 by Swanjaxs

Good win that, Cardiff Airport are flying at the moment...

They're sure to runway with the league this year

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Punch Up At The Rugby on 19:01 - Jan 21 with 1082 viewssainthelens

Punch Up At The Rugby on 18:51 - Jan 21 by Jackfath

They're sure to runway with the league this year

Manager says they must stay grounded.
Punch Up At The Rugby on 21:32 - Jan 21 with 1028 viewsdickythorpe

Punch Up At The Rugby on 19:01 - Jan 21 by sainthelens

Manager says they must stay grounded.

They'll crash and burn due to excessive fixture pile up.
Punch Up At The Rugby on 21:34 - Jan 21 with 1023 viewsNotLoyal

Punch Up At The Rugby on 17:40 - Jan 21 by taffpunk

Agree, but the thread is about what happened on the field.

Not all the responses though.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024