Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The worrying thing about Willock's hamstring 12:56 - Oct 6 with 7777 viewsswisscottage

Outside of the obvious fact he will be a huge loss from the playing front, the other worrying thing is that no premiership club in their right mind is going to pay £10mil+ for him now if he's done his hamstring twice in 6 months.

The big risk is if he's sidelined for another 3 months, and gets to one year on his contract, and runs it down, we are at serious risk of not getting anything for him.

Please Les and Lee .. get him signed up for an extended contract.
The worrying thing about Willock's hamstring on 16:41 - Oct 6 with 1929 viewsdmm

Quite encouraging news and it can't be long before the scan results for both of them come through.

If Dieng feels he can play tomorrow, he must be able to kick a ball which he couldn't on Tuesday night.

If Willock has a grade 1 hamstring injury - a minor one - he may be back in a few weeks.

Here's hoping.
The worrying thing about Willock's hamstring on 17:09 - Oct 6 with 1736 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No scan results yet. That's the real headline.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The worrying thing about Willock's hamstring on 18:32 - Oct 6 with 1536 viewsbakerloo8

Stick him in one of those Oxygen Chambers that we used for Big Les back in the day. Worked a treat for healing injuries.
The worrying thing about Willock's hamstring on 18:33 - Oct 6 with 1535 viewsdavman

We don't need Seny tomorrow. If last season is anything to go by, we'll already have a GKon the pitch... AGENT JOE...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The worrying thing about Willock's hamstring on 18:52 - Oct 6 with 1470 viewsGloryHunter

The worrying thing about Willock's hamstring on 16:35 - Oct 6 by BklynRanger

I wonder if he initially over extended it slightly when celebrating the goal, which then caused the further strain a bit later on?

I'm no Quincy M.E. but just a thought.

He only did a little jump, didn't he? That sliding on the knees goal celebration is a stupid thing to do for a professional footballer, though. Really unnecessary risk.
The worrying thing about Willock's hamstring on 19:45 - Oct 6 with 1307 viewsqueensparker

Willock’s also noticeably bigger and stronger and heavier this season than that slight little whippet that turned up from Benfica, which is going to make injuries more likely.

On the other hand it’s made him a real target man up front, the amount of times this season he’s won a long ball in 50/50s or spins his man is genuinely becoming Sir Les esque.
The worrying thing about Willock's hamstring on 20:06 - Oct 6 with 1236 viewsBklynRanger

The worrying thing about Willock's hamstring on 18:52 - Oct 6 by GloryHunter

He only did a little jump, didn't he? That sliding on the knees goal celebration is a stupid thing to do for a professional footballer, though. Really unnecessary risk.

He sort of stiffens his leg triumphantly when he does it though. Could have been a precursor - certainly would have been for me but I like to keep mine on the very brink of snapping at all times, like two overturned piano-string things.

Didn't we have a player injure himself getting out of the car once? Possibly in the glorious 'Perm' days?
The worrying thing about Willock's hamstring on 14:19 - Oct 7 with 863 viewseastside_r

The worrying thing about Willock's hamstring on 14:53 - Oct 6 by Match82

If he hasn't signed anything I highly doubt it's because of reluctance on the clubs side. I do wonder if this injury might help our chances a little in that regard though, if you're Willock you have to be getting a bit concerned about all these niggly injuries and perhaps the idea of a long term contract with guaranteed money is starting to be more appealing than it was

Exactly this. Now is the time to be getting into Chris’s ear about long-term security

The attraction of free agency is the signing-on fee, so we need to be creative.

Offer him a new long-term contract with a buy-out figure and clause giving Chris say 10% of the fee going directly to him (instead of what he might get from a new club as a signing-on fee.)

This would give him an incentive both to keep improving here and putting himself in the shop window. I would like him to stay but our model requires player sales to sustain it. Surely this a win-win approach.

Obviously, there is a risk to the club if he should get crocked but this would exist in any case. Surely worth a long-term deal, given what has been given to other current squad members.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024