Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports+ 12:37 - May 8 with 1371 viewsQJumpingJack

Note how every game on the opening weekend will be available to watch:

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/introducing-sky-sports-giving-more-choice
Sky Sports+ on 13:32 - May 8 with 1313 viewsKeithHaynes

The club needs to announce what package they have signed up to with Sky, and how they will improve their own match day TV coverage. There’s so much more they can do. However, I suspect the Swans TV package will now be just for international viewers.

I’m hearing only eight games will be played at the Swansea.com on a Saturday maximum now Sky have done this deal.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sky Sports+ on 15:28 - May 8 with 1231 viewsFerryjack123

I've just read that every championship club will be on sky+ at least 24 times next season..

So I'm assuming if the 3pm Saturday black out is still in use then that's at least 24 times we won't be on a Saturday at 3pm..

Crazy if true
Sky Sports+ on 15:40 - May 8 with 1217 viewsQJumpingJack

Sky Sports+ on 15:28 - May 8 by Ferryjack123

I've just read that every championship club will be on sky+ at least 24 times next season..

So I'm assuming if the 3pm Saturday black out is still in use then that's at least 24 times we won't be on a Saturday at 3pm..

Crazy if true

I hope our executive team are reviewing match day prices.
There could be a lot of empty seats next season (unless we are challenging at the top)
Sky Sports+ on 16:16 - May 8 with 1194 viewsKeithHaynes

Sky Sports+ on 15:28 - May 8 by Ferryjack123

Crazy if true

It’s a minimum, and let’s not forget the games they reschedule. As I said mate here’s hoping the remuneration covers the lost season ticket revenue (30%) of the season ticket fanbase is from outside of Swansea and half of that in England etc when we last had figures. What would you do ? Travel from Norwich as a group do regality or opt for watching the game at home when it’s on a Friday or Monday night. Even a Sunday sometimes means family time.

Sky Sports+ on 17:14 - May 8 with 1138 viewsEagleEye

Sky Sports+ on 13:32 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

The club needs to announce what package they have signed up to with Sky, and how they will improve their own match day TV coverage. There’s so much more they can do. However, I suspect the Swans TV package will now be just for international viewers.

I’m hearing only eight games will be played at the Swansea.com on a Saturday maximum now Sky have done this deal.

This post has been edited by an administrator

This is exactly the same mistake that the Welsh rugby regions & the league they play in has made. The games are irregular played at silly times for tv rarely on Saturday & never at 3pm. The league programme is spread over the whole weekend. We have all seen what that has done to crowds watching rugby these days, nobody bothers & interest is at an all time low. Risky strategy for what reward ?
Sky Sports+ on 19:29 - May 8 with 1054 viewsKeithHaynes

Sky Sports+ on 17:14 - May 8 by EagleEye

This is exactly the same mistake that the Welsh rugby regions & the league they play in has made. The games are irregular played at silly times for tv rarely on Saturday & never at 3pm. The league programme is spread over the whole weekend. We have all seen what that has done to crowds watching rugby these days, nobody bothers & interest is at an all time low. Risky strategy for what reward ?

Depends what the Swans declare on the money they get for this.

Sky Sports+ on 22:57 - May 8 with 962 viewsLuther27

Sky Sports+ on 19:29 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

Sky money has boosted transfer fees…players wages…agent fees…and club debts for every club.

However, for several hundred pounds a year you, the viewer, have access to….everything football related in every division for the cost of a Swans season ticket.
Sky Sports+ on 06:29 - May 9 with 901 viewsWhiterockin

Sky Sports+ on 22:57 - May 8 by Luther27

Sky money has boosted transfer fees…players wages…agent fees…and club debts for every club.

However, for several hundred pounds a year you, the viewer, have access to….everything football related in every division for the cost of a Swans season ticket.

And there lies the problem. People will go to live matches if they are more enjoyable than watching on TV. For us those matches have been few and far between this season. Unless the matchday experience improves on and off the pitch the crowds will just disappear completely. The club currently seem hell bent on making it worse not better, cashless what is that all about when the use of cash is on the increase to help people budget, the catering inside the ground is expensive and poor quality, half time is just a joke. Who wants an open air fanzone pre match when most of the season it is raining or freezing cold. Coleman needs to get someone to travel with our supporters when we travel away to see what other clubs do and take the good points, not just go into hospitality pre match and halftime.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports+ on 07:19 - May 9 with 878 viewsQJumpingJack

Sky Sports+ on 06:29 - May 9 by Whiterockin

And there lies the problem. People will go to live matches if they are more enjoyable than watching on TV. For us those matches have been few and far between this season. Unless the matchday experience improves on and off the pitch the crowds will just disappear completely. The club currently seem hell bent on making it worse not better, cashless what is that all about when the use of cash is on the increase to help people budget, the catering inside the ground is expensive and poor quality, half time is just a joke. Who wants an open air fanzone pre match when most of the season it is raining or freezing cold. Coleman needs to get someone to travel with our supporters when we travel away to see what other clubs do and take the good points, not just go into hospitality pre match and halftime.

In all fairness to Andy - he stood in the away end at Watford this season (Tuesday night game).

As for TV coverage.
Fans complain when their team is not on TV.
Fans complain when their team is on TV and the kick off times change - the kick off times are generally set by the EFL/police/the FA/the EPl. The TV companies take the slots they are given.
Sky Sports+ on 07:48 - May 9 with 846 viewsAndyconky

Exactly this. Went in with my boy before the Milwall game. Fanzone is essentially a fenced off car park at best. The loss of a large amount of 3p3pkick offs will firther dwindle my enthusiasm after this season. I never buy food for myself within the stadium and the football has been dreadful at best. Maybe its the way football is going in general but the rhetoric we hear most weekends about high level actions, high press, goal entries etc is just spouting nonsense. It's just rehashing old terms but trying to sound clever. Passing along the back then running out of ideas 40 yards out is not the 'Swansea way'. I absolutely used to love it and hate being negative but unfortunately how I feel these days.

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Sky Sports+ on 10:19 - May 9 with 776 viewsLuther27

Agree with everything you say. East stand caterers were virtually unemployed for the Millwall game. Spent about £8 for two manky hotdogs….which I won’t do again. Going cashless must be costing the club an awful lot of revenue every match day. I wonder how much they’ll lose when the next franchise bidding starts at a much lower threshold based on sales.
The match day experience didn’t get any better when the football started either….but the weather was nice at least!
Sky Sports+ on 10:47 - May 9 with 749 viewsQJumpingJack

Sky Sports+ on 10:19 - May 9 by Luther27

Agree with everything you say. East stand caterers were virtually unemployed for the Millwall game. Spent about £8 for two manky hotdogs….which I won’t do again. Going cashless must be costing the club an awful lot of revenue every match day. I wonder how much they’ll lose when the next franchise bidding starts at a much lower threshold based on sales.
The match day experience didn’t get any better when the football started either….but the weather was nice at least!

Gude and Coleman have said the food and the matchday experience will improve.
Sky Sports+ on 10:52 - May 9 with 741 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Sky Sports+ on 10:47 - May 9 by QJumpingJack

It’s a very low bar.
Sky Sports+ on 15:49 - May 9 with 628 viewsEagleEye

Sky Sports+ on 19:29 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

I am pretty sure that the clubs will get a bigger share of tv money or they would not agree to it. My point is at what cost ? Early kick offs & Sunday matches are just not for me. If we are down to 8 matches with 3pm kick offs on Saturdays I can see a significant drop off in future season ticket sales & probably on-the-day walk ups will also reduce - just my opinion - I suspect that the atmosphere can only get worse too
Sky Sports+ on 16:22 - May 9 with 615 viewsKeithHaynes

Sky Sports+ on 15:49 - May 9 by EagleEye

I am pretty sure that the clubs will get a bigger share of tv money or they would not agree to it. My point is at what cost ? Early kick offs & Sunday matches are just not for me. If we are down to 8 matches with 3pm kick offs on Saturdays I can see a significant drop off in future season ticket sales & probably on-the-day walk ups will also reduce - just my opinion - I suspect that the atmosphere can only get worse too

Agreed.

Sky Sports+ on 21:00 - May 9 with 514 viewsAndyconky

Sky Sports+ on 10:47 - May 9 by QJumpingJack

Hope you're right

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Sky Sports+ on 21:24 - May 9 with 497 viewsbuilthjack

Sky Sports+ on 10:19 - May 9 by Luther27

Going cashless definitely costs them . Quite a few I know who sit in our section just won’t buy anything these days as a kind of protest.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sky Sports+ on 22:39 - May 9 with 455 viewsKeithHaynes

Sky Sports+ on 21:24 - May 9 by builthjack

Going cashless definitely costs them . Quite a few I know who sit in our section just won’t buy anything these days as a kind of protest.

There’s many who just don’t trust electronic payments.

Sky Sports+ on 06:09 - May 10 with 388 viewsWhiterockin

Sky Sports+ on 22:39 - May 9 by KeithHaynes

There’s many who just don’t trust electronic payments.

There are some who go to the games with children and at halftime if they want some refreshments will give them cash to get some food/drink, but are reluctant to give them their card.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024