Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frankfurt - Bundesliga 18:35 - May 18 with 1173 viewsthame_hoops

Currently in Frankfurt, decided to go and watch them play R B Leipzig. Purchased a ticket in the away end on StubHub.

Have to say, what a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Easy to get to the stadium from the town centre on the tram, fans mixing, drinking, €4 a beer all around the stadium.

Scan your ticket and that lets you into the complex where you can roam and again get cheap drinks, fans mingling, superb atmosphere inside the stadium. Loud, flags, families, orchestrated banners. No trouble, even right next to the home fans, there were no idiots goading each other. Might be different for local Derby I guess. But anyway, would highly recommend , anyone that wants to see a game, head to Frankfurt. Amazing stadium, reminded me of the new Spurs one.

Frankfurt itself leaves a bit to be desired. Especially around the train station. The homeless/drug addicts/gangs, quite scary. Felt safer in Baltimore. Avoid that part!
[Post edited 18 May 18:36]
Frankfurt - Bundesliga on 22:02 - May 18 with 983 viewsMrSheen

I thought German fans made an exception to their good behaviour for Leipzig. No grief then?
Frankfurt - Bundesliga on 16:45 - May 19 with 778 viewsthame_hoops

Frankfurt - Bundesliga on 22:02 - May 18 by MrSheen

I thought German fans made an exception to their good behaviour for Leipzig. No grief then?

I was trying to ask a German the same thing, but with the language barrier, they couldn’t quite understand.

It’s definitely got me wanting to visit more grounds across Europe. This year I’ve done Roma and Frankfurt
Frankfurt - Bundesliga on 18:31 - May 19 with 668 viewsBoston

How where the hot dogs?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Frankfurt - Bundesliga on 09:25 - May 20 with 469 viewsTheChef

To be honest areas around most major European train stations are dodgy.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Frankfurt - Bundesliga on 10:08 - May 20 with 427 viewsderbyhoop

Frankfurt - Bundesliga on 16:45 - May 19 by thame_hoops

I was trying to ask a German the same thing, but with the language barrier, they couldn’t quite understand.

It’s definitely got me wanting to visit more grounds across Europe. This year I’ve done Roma and Frankfurt

Me too. I've done Lille and Bordeaux during Rugby World Cup. Did Marseille in Euros 2016. Also been to Stade de France and am off to Lyon soon.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024