Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. 21:39 - Feb 9 with 5161 viewsDanielswan

Hi, thank you for the game today, I thought we played very well and you were a bit unlucky with the lack of a penalty decision, which could have brought the game back to life.

However there is something I believe both the Swansea fans and you guys were wondering, where was the pressure in the first half? The most successfull teams against us do what West Ham did in our last game vs them, high pressure and a physical approach. Player by player you guys are far better physically. I dont think any team has been successfull in sitting back and counter vs the Swans.

Can blame be appointed here? ... players or manager? I have read quite a few threads here and few seem to be pointing at the manager, but he was responsible for todays defeat, if you QPR had started the game with high pressure and a physical approach I actually believe you would have gotten at least a point.

A couple of other things:

I would love to see Mackie in a Swan shirt, but he doesnt seem to be the ideal poacher.

Samba may be good in the air and has an excellent physical presence, but he seems way off sometimes in regard to positioning.

You guys have a very good squad, I believe your current league position is more a series of tactical errors rather than bad players. Maybe I am wrong.

I am not english (language) native and perhaps thats why I do not have any ill feelings towards other teams, I mostly concentrate on how my favourite team is doing. Pardon my english btw if it offends you. Lastly, I wish you all the best and hope you guys stay clear of relegation with a string of good results.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:45 - Feb 9 with 5102 viewsMatch82

Bit of blame everywhere in my opinion.

You can blame the players for not executing, but the way we were set up to play didn't allow them to utilize their strengths

You can blame Redknapp for not setting us up with the best tactics to succeed, but he can only work with the players he has at his disposal (which includes no fully fit target men)

You can blame the board for not providing Redknapp with the players he needs

All in all we're not in a good situation, which has been brought on by constant change, and the fact that we haven't created a long term plan and committed to it. I give the board credit for having the long term vision of appointing a manager and committing to him to develop everything around his philosophy. I also give them all the blame for making Mark Hughes that choice, who did such an awful job of things that we're left scrambling around at this point trying to grab enough players, and points, to stay up.
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:46 - Feb 9 with 5085 viewsMarc

No idea why you would love to see Mackie in the Swansea side, wouldnt suit the style of play at all.
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:47 - Feb 9 with 5083 viewsQPR1882

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:45 - Feb 9 by Match82

Bit of blame everywhere in my opinion.

You can blame the players for not executing, but the way we were set up to play didn't allow them to utilize their strengths

You can blame Redknapp for not setting us up with the best tactics to succeed, but he can only work with the players he has at his disposal (which includes no fully fit target men)

You can blame the board for not providing Redknapp with the players he needs

All in all we're not in a good situation, which has been brought on by constant change, and the fact that we haven't created a long term plan and committed to it. I give the board credit for having the long term vision of appointing a manager and committing to him to develop everything around his philosophy. I also give them all the blame for making Mark Hughes that choice, who did such an awful job of things that we're left scrambling around at this point trying to grab enough players, and points, to stay up.

You can blame the board for not providing Redknapp with the players he needs...... who ?

'Arry fcked up today with his team selection.....nothing to do with how fit the players are.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:49 - Feb 9 with 5058 viewsMatch82

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:47 - Feb 9 by QPR1882

You can blame the board for not providing Redknapp with the players he needs...... who ?

'Arry fcked up today with his team selection.....nothing to do with how fit the players are.

If you think Redknapp wanted to finish this transfer window without another striker, you're kidding yourself.

Ultimately, who does the responsibility fall on to make that happen?
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:50 - Feb 9 with 5045 viewsDanielswan

Match 82, players can not execute orders which arent given. The lack of high pressure in the first half which was present in the second half was executed when ordered to.

So, they can execute orders ...

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:53 - Feb 9 with 5015 viewsQPR1882

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:49 - Feb 9 by Match82

If you think Redknapp wanted to finish this transfer window without another striker, you're kidding yourself.

Arry highlighted 2 players he wanted, Crouch and Odemwingie the board made bids for both players but in the end felt the valuation set by Stoke and WBA was to high the board also did not give in to being blackmailed at the last minute buy WBA.

The transfer window last for 31 days not 1, if Arry thought he could get away with doing business last minute dot com thats his problem not the boards.
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:55 - Feb 9 with 5004 viewsSharpy

Harry had a month to sort it out.But in good old Harry style leaves it to the last day.He fcuked it up plain and simple.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:59 - Feb 9 with 4964 viewsGloucs_R

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:55 - Feb 9 by Sharpy

Harry had a month to sort it out.But in good old Harry style leaves it to the last day.He fcuked it up plain and simple.

You don't actually know that do you? Its more likely that Harry gave the board a list of names to go after but only 2 were available. Pullis then pulled the Crouch deal and we all know the story about obdemwigne

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 22:00 - Feb 9 with 4959 viewsDanielswan

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:46 - Feb 9 by Marc

No idea why you would love to see Mackie in the Swansea side, wouldnt suit the style of play at all.

We lack a ballholder in front of Michu, Mackie does that well. Laudrup tried to get a few in the January transfer window, but they were either too expensive or wouldnt sign.

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. (n/t) on 22:05 - Feb 9 with 4924 viewsCHUBBS

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 21:55 - Feb 9 by Sharpy

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 22:16 - Feb 9 with 4862 viewsSharpy

No i don`t, i know as much as i`m allowed to know, like all of us.

What i do know is we had at the end of December

Andy johnson (Out all season)
Bobby zamora (injured, sidelined for a month)
Robert hulse (never going to play)
Jay bothroyd (never going to score you 10)
Djbel cisse(going to be loaned out)
Dj campbell(going to be sold)

We ended up with

Bobby zamora (Came back to early)
Robert hulse (on loan)
Jay bothroyd (Can`t even play infront of Mackie on a matchday)
Djbel cisse(loaned out)
Dj campbell(loaned out)
Loic remy(Injured after 2 games)

He knew like all of us we needed cover, his plan seemed to be Crouch.He phoned Pulis up the day before deadline day.We also went after odemwingi one week before deadline day.

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 22:18 - Feb 9 with 4853 viewsSharpy

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. (n/t) on 22:05 - Feb 9 by CHUBBS

?

You best dig that out from the Archives

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 23:01 - Feb 9 with 4773 viewsCHUBBS

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 22:18 - Feb 9 by Sharpy

?

You best dig that out from the Archives

Apologies then Sharpy,i must have you mixed up with some one
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 23:25 - Feb 9 with 4692 viewsHollowayRanger

he had a month

he waited to the very last moment to try and force though odenwingie and credit to wba they stood firm and refused to be forced into letting him go

he was daft to gamble on remy a player with a record of injuries ,i have no doubt that when fit the guy is class but he was never suited to us as we needed a fully fit striker we have enough lame ducks,if he had got odenwingie we would have had a chance but they seriously miss judged wba

zamorra if harry knew he wasnt going to be fully fit WHY the hell didnt they bring in someone anyone as cover or is bothroyd surpossed to be it

and then to cap it not only do they let cisse go but Dj as well

i swear to god most of us could have done a better job of transfers then those in charge

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 23:37 - Feb 9 with 4665 viewsNeil_SI

Well done, Swansea have been thoroughly fantastic to watch in the two matches we've played this season and totally deserving of the two emphatic wins.

There is a huge gulf in class between the two clubs both on and off the pitch and that was evident on the pitch. You displayed all the hallmarks of a stable and settled club and we are completely the opposite of that.

There are times when Rangers turn up and you can smell the scent of trouble in the air and this was one of those occasions. I don't know about anybody else, but within minutes and before the opening goal, I knew it was going to be a big score because the body language of the players came across as if they knew they didn't have enough to cope with the opponents in front of them. They were beaten before they started and their heads only dropped further as soon as they went behind.
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 23:57 - Feb 9 with 4604 viewsLblock

This is laughable

So you think Arry can saunter in on deadline day, get some bird to make him a cuppa and then have a shufty through the Rothmans Handbook to see who he'll sign in the next few hours?!

The fact is we should've had our players wrapped up on 01-01-13 done and dusted
I appreciate very difficult to do that in our league position but a list of targets to do a job in either / or scenarios should've been in place

Maybe such forthright planning is beyond H but then I'd expect people up top to be driving this through; you know, the good, experienced, meticulous football people TF had put in place
Maybe this did happen and maybe Teon Harry never complained at how our transfer deals taking too long

Identify. Deal. No ransom. Move on. Next. Done

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 00:00 - Feb 10 with 4589 viewsSharpy

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 23:01 - Feb 9 by CHUBBS

No you`ve got the wrong person.

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 02:36 - Feb 10 with 4495 viewsCockRHoop

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 00:00 - Feb 10 by Sharpy

No you`ve got the wrong person.

In answer to the OP's remarks, I have been wondering why we never seem to take any kind of physical, attacking initiative in any of our matches since we got promoted to the prem last year. It's not just against you guys, it has been against everyone for 2 seasons now. I have to assume that we simply aren't good enough to be on the front foot because all of our managers just seem to set us up defensively and hope to nick a goal somehow (the irony being our defense has been embarrassingly bad for the last 2 seasons). We are virtually down now and we still can't seem to start any games with an attacking attitiude. Harry seems to think draws will keep us up but there is no chance of that so why not just have a crack at teams?? Admittedly not easy now we have no strikers but I think our whole approach this season has been totally disappointing, and if you aren't prepared to take the initiative in any of your games then relegation is pretty much what you deserve.
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 02:48 - Feb 10 with 4485 viewsBklynRanger

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 22:16 - Feb 9 by Sharpy

No i don`t, i know as much as i`m allowed to know, like all of us.

What i do know is we had at the end of December

Bobby zamora (injured, sidelined for a month)
Robert hulse (never going to play)
Jay bothroyd (never going to score you 10)
Djbel cisse(going to be loaned out)
Dj campbell(going to be sold)

We ended up with

Bobby zamora (Came back to early)
Robert hulse (on loan)
Jay bothroyd (Can`t even play infront of Mackie on a matchday)
Djbel cisse(loaned out)
Dj campbell(loaned out)
Loic remy(Injured after 2 games)

He knew like all of us we needed cover, his plan seemed to be Crouch.He phoned Pulis up the day before deadline day.We also went after odemwingi one week before deadline day.

That seems undeniable to me, other than the Crouchy one day before - that can't be proven but it seemed like a between friends sort of thing that didn't happen on the day, between two good friends.

I've no problem with Redknapp in general, but with his great nouse is there no other big lump in another country that he couldn't have teased out for us?
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 03:20 - Feb 10 with 4467 viewsQPRNZ

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 02:36 - Feb 10 by CockRHoop

In answer to the OP's remarks, I have been wondering why we never seem to take any kind of physical, attacking initiative in any of our matches since we got promoted to the prem last year. It's not just against you guys, it has been against everyone for 2 seasons now. I have to assume that we simply aren't good enough to be on the front foot because all of our managers just seem to set us up defensively and hope to nick a goal somehow (the irony being our defense has been embarrassingly bad for the last 2 seasons). We are virtually down now and we still can't seem to start any games with an attacking attitiude. Harry seems to think draws will keep us up but there is no chance of that so why not just have a crack at teams?? Admittedly not easy now we have no strikers but I think our whole approach this season has been totally disappointing, and if you aren't prepared to take the initiative in any of your games then relegation is pretty much what you deserve.

Completely agree CockRHoop, I thought the 2nd half was the best I had seen us play for a long time. Because we played 2 up front. I want to see either Zamora (for a half) or Remy (hopefully fit in 2 weeks) to play up front with Taraabt. Also, think Granero should play - I have thought for a while that our only real chance was to get our 'class' players performing somehow. But I know that it is too late and we are down.
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 03:21 - Feb 10 with 4466 viewsDaiHo0p

Shaffleworth
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 04:00 - Feb 10 with 4452 viewsBklynRanger

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 03:20 - Feb 10 by QPRNZ

Completely agree CockRHoop, I thought the 2nd half was the best I had seen us play for a long time. Because we played 2 up front. I want to see either Zamora (for a half) or Remy (hopefully fit in 2 weeks) to play up front with Taraabt. Also, think Granero should play - I have thought for a while that our only real chance was to get our 'class' players performing somehow. But I know that it is too late and we are down.

Best you'd seen us play for a long time?

Are you blind? If so I apologize? Do you have a documented inability to tell time? Again I apologize.

I'm stretching to see what other disability could be involved. We were MAULED today mate! We were a joke, a laugh. If we're aiming for that then we achieved it.

FCUKING HELL
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 09:11 - Feb 10 with 4301 viewsMarc

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 22:00 - Feb 9 by Danielswan

We lack a ballholder in front of Michu, Mackie does that well. Laudrup tried to get a few in the January transfer window, but they were either too expensive or wouldnt sign.

Michu is doing just fine without a 'Mackie type' playing in front of him.

Not content with your team destroying us you now want to come on here and pull our leg
Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 09:43 - Feb 10 with 4234 viewsSharpy

Jack here, about blame and a few remarks. on 23:01 - Feb 9 by CHUBBS

No worries mate.I knew it could`t have been me, as Paul hart is the bestest manager we`ve ever had, everyone knows that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024