Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth fans view 20:35 - Aug 20 with 4632 viewscrmedia

http://crmedia1992.blogspot.co.uk/

My thoughts about Saturdays game.

Thoughts, feedback, and abuse welcome.

Cheers
Plymouth fans view on 20:45 - Aug 20 with 4607 views49thseason

"Rochdale's defence did not look sharp at all in some points. They where slow to react and mainly static, and that's what cost them two goals. This is why I hope on Saturday we play a high tempo game to exploit their slow defence"

Sorry, I had to laugh when I read that and then saw Branson and Trotman as their centre back pairing.
Plymouth fans view on 20:47 - Aug 20 with 4602 viewscrmedia

Plymouth fans view on 20:45 - Aug 20 by 49thseason

"Rochdale's defence did not look sharp at all in some points. They where slow to react and mainly static, and that's what cost them two goals. This is why I hope on Saturday we play a high tempo game to exploit their slow defence"

Sorry, I had to laugh when I read that and then saw Branson and Trotman as their centre back pairing.

didn't that paring look sharp and switched on against Cheltenham and their goal come from a direct free kick? Yep ;)
Plymouth fans view on 20:55 - Aug 20 with 4586 viewsMass_Debater

"Last season from what I saw from both these teams, Chesterfield were by far the better team out of the two (despite us beating Chesterfield away)"

Most of the Rochdale teams you saw last season have now gone.

"A team like Rochdale's isn't going to trouble you to much, yet if you look at ours, it should and it's only been shown that once in the league, and we won."

Well, we've troubled Hartlepool and Chesterfield, taken a Championship side to 89 minutes before they scored and matched unbeaten Burton despite having 10 men for 83 minutes.
Plymouth fans view on 21:27 - Aug 20 with 4538 viewsAtThePeake

Fascinating.

Our squad (like yours) has undergone some serious surgery over the course of the summer. The side that faced you in the final game of last season that was supposedly much worse than Chesterfield's, included a few lads we were giving a last minute chance to earn a contract, and a few young kids. From our XI in that game, I would be surprised if there are more than 4 playing on Saturday, with Grant, Cansdell-Sherriff, Thomas and Kennedy having all left the club, Cav being suspended and the other couple being youngsters that are unlikely to even be in the squad come Saturday.

Your comment about your squad being one that should cause trouble instead of ours is laughable. The fact you have two ex-Dale centre-backs that we wouldn't take back if you paid us shows that for me. You've got a few decent players but your squad is definitely no better than ours.

Tangled up in blue.

Plymouth fans view on 21:32 - Aug 20 with 4522 viewsstuartcryer

i agree with trotmann and branson will never be rochdale nil against you

wardle blue

Plymouth fans view on 22:03 - Aug 20 with 4465 viewsTVOS1907

Unless you're Plymouth's Chief Scout, I'm fascinated as to why you watched the whole of our game v Chesterfield.

Anyway, as ATP says, let's look at the evidence.

From Home Park last October:

Lillis - still at the club
P Edwards - with Burton
McIntyre - with Chester
Kennedy - with Bradford
R Edwards - getting skinned playing for Chesterfield
Bennett - still at the club, just back from injury
Tutte - still at the club
Cavanagh - still at the club, but suspended
Adebola - with Rushall Olympic(Dale)
Grimes - a Revolutionary
Grant - in the Championship with Blackpool

Subs
Donnelly - the new Grant Holt
Logan - a kid still with the club

Manager
Coleman - in Dubai (probably)

You might see four of them on Saturday

From Spotland in April

Lillis - still at the club
Thomas - was on loan, isn't anymore
O'Connor - a kid given his debut in a meaningless last game of the season
Cansdell-Sherriff - probably about to be called up for the Ashes
Rose - still at the club
Grant - with Blackpool
Cavanagh - suspended
Kennedy - sat in the stand at Bradford
Henderson - still with the club
Gray - still with the club
Donnelly - Holty

Subs

Tanser - a kid given his debut in a meaningless last game of the season
Bunney a goalscoring kid given his debut in a meaningless last game of the season
Camps - a kid making his second appearance

Manager
Hill - legend

You'll see four, maybe five, of them on Saturday
[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 22:15]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Plymouth fans view on 22:14 - Aug 20 with 4438 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Plymouth fans view on 20:47 - Aug 20 by crmedia

didn't that paring look sharp and switched on against Cheltenham and their goal come from a direct free kick? Yep ;)

If you think those two will help you to a top half finish, you are diluted.

Good luck on Saturday. I can't make it, I hope to read your tactical analysis following the game and will be interested to hear how our static defence get on.
Plymouth fans view on 22:26 - Aug 20 with 4408 viewsDySporting

Mr Adebola had a night to forget this evening. Kings Lynn 6 rushall 0
Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth fans view on 03:02 - Aug 21 with 4251 viewsKnowlesy

I'm sorry, but even if you try to ignore the blatant rose-tinted specs, that's a dreadful blog. Uninformed and disrespectful to ourselves.

As TVOS has mentioned, I'm amazed that you seem to have been able to watch the full 90 minutes 'courtesy to the Rochdale player" - I wouldn't mind knowing what subscription you're on cos the most we ever get is highlights. Lucky sod.
Plymouth fans view on 07:26 - Aug 21 with 4205 viewssweetcorn

Lovely read that blog. Really lovely.

Deluded.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Plymouth fans view on 08:28 - Aug 21 with 4142 viewsfermin

Plymouth fans view on 03:02 - Aug 21 by Knowlesy

I'm sorry, but even if you try to ignore the blatant rose-tinted specs, that's a dreadful blog. Uninformed and disrespectful to ourselves.

As TVOS has mentioned, I'm amazed that you seem to have been able to watch the full 90 minutes 'courtesy to the Rochdale player" - I wouldn't mind knowing what subscription you're on cos the most we ever get is highlights. Lucky sod.

The whole game is on Dale Player. First time I can remember this happening.

A fan of a Devon team predicting a home win against Dale has history on his side, unfortunately.
Plymouth fans view on 08:35 - Aug 21 with 4139 viewsColDale

Trotman is an odd one. He had a cracking game against us for Chesterfield at Spotland earlier this season for 80 mins, until we stuck Donnelly on who then absolutely terrified him for the remainder of the game. With Hogan up front as well now, I'd have assumed Branston and Trotman would find our front pairing a little too nippy for them.
Plymouth fans view on 08:58 - Aug 21 with 4112 viewsfitzochris

I'm glad we've gone back to having a reputation as nomarks with these supposedly 'big teams'.

It means we can go back to being a 'surprise package' and batter said teams as we did in the good ol' days of Hilly's first tenure.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Plymouth fans view on 13:24 - Aug 21 with 3978 viewsMattbdale

Wonder What the odds on Branston getting sent off on Saturday are.
I would take them if i was a betting man

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plymouth fans view on 23:50 - Aug 21 with 3756 viewsShun

Do they really have Guy Branston and Neal Trotman as their first-choice centre-backs? And someone's just taken the time to write this blog? Wow...
Plymouth fans view on 00:09 - Aug 22 with 3740 viewsAtThePeake

Plymouth fans view on 23:50 - Aug 21 by Shun

Do they really have Guy Branston and Neal Trotman as their first-choice centre-backs? And someone's just taken the time to write this blog? Wow...

They're not first choice really I don't think. I THINK Blanchard has been suspended and is due back for our game, and Wooton has been injured for about a year.

Tangled up in blue.

Plymouth fans view on 12:18 - Aug 22 with 3604 viewssandylaner1

would be more focused on their attacking threat which looked inform against torquay

hope we do ourselves justice down there

if we play like we did against chesterfield the 3 points will be ours
Plymouth fans view on 00:47 - Aug 25 with 3385 viewswmgunit

Plymouth fans view on 22:14 - Aug 20 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

If you think those two will help you to a top half finish, you are diluted.

Good luck on Saturday. I can't make it, I hope to read your tactical analysis following the game and will be interested to hear how our static defence get on.

Bet you feel like a right tit now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024