Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LFW Clive appreciation thread 00:44 - Jan 1 with 3499 viewsHooparoo

Thanks again Clive for all the work that goes into keeping LFW going. As an R living such a long way from the UK, this site is the one thing that helps me keep in touch with my beloved QPR. I've loved this silly little club ever since I saw Stan smash the winner against my dad's team (Man U) on Match of the day in the 70s. Stuck with them through thick and thin and will always appreciate being able to see what's going on at LR on our forum.

Happy New Year from down under mate and let's hope 2014 is a season to remember for all of us.

Stu
[Post edited 1 Jan 2014 0:45]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 00:52 - Jan 1 with 2933 viewsDylanP

I'm with you. Thanks Mr W. We appreciate all you do. Top man!

Happy New Years

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 00:52 - Jan 1 with 2926 viewsHollowayRanger

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 00:54 - Jan 1 with 2932 viewsCamberleyR

The best QPR forum BAR NONE.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 02:18 - Jan 1 with 2901 viewsFredManRave

Arrow Up Hooparoo. Agree with everything you said re Clive and the importance of this site for those of us that no longer live at home.

I do also feel that a special mention should be made to Clive Anderson. It must be quite demoralising to see threads and posts forever acclaiming "Clive" and to read on and realise that, as always, it's the other Clive and not him. So a well done to Clive Anderson from me, a thoughtful, respectable, knowledgeable and occasionally funny poster.
And as Camberley said, this is the best QPR forum excellently set up and made great by the posters.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 04:57 - Jan 1 with 2858 viewsHooparoo

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 02:18 - Jan 1 by FredManRave

Arrow Up Hooparoo. Agree with everything you said re Clive and the importance of this site for those of us that no longer live at home.

I do also feel that a special mention should be made to Clive Anderson. It must be quite demoralising to see threads and posts forever acclaiming "Clive" and to read on and realise that, as always, it's the other Clive and not him. So a well done to Clive Anderson from me, a thoughtful, respectable, knowledgeable and occasionally funny poster.
And as Camberley said, this is the best QPR forum excellently set up and made great by the posters.

Cheers Fred.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 06:49 - Jan 1 with 2838 viewscyprusmel

I would like to wish you a very happy New Year Clive and to thank you for all the work that you put in for us throughout the year. I have been a Rangers fan since 1958 following in my grandfather and fathers footsteps and have visited over 60 grounds following the Super Hoops. I am no longer able to see the live games and can only watch when we are on T.V. LFW website keeps us ex-pats up to date and I read it everyday it gives me a great feeling of still being part of the Loftus Road experience and that is down to you. Once again thank you very much and " Kala Kronia " from Cyprus.
LFW Clive appreciation thread on 07:31 - Jan 1 with 2827 viewsade_qpr

Hear Hear agree with every thing written above
Thank you Clive for all your efforts and also those who help him out when he can't attend matches or give extra stories on the R's for this site.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 11:09 - Jan 1 with 2699 viewsYorkRanger

Agree with everything that has been said. I spend too much time on LFW and that is testimony to my love of the club and the interesting range of views and comments that appear every day - all held together by Clive.

Login to get fewer ads

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 11:18 - Jan 1 with 2678 viewsPey

Happy New Year everyone and of course many thanks to Clive for his outstanding work and devotion to this forum.

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 12:15 - Jan 1 with 2631 viewspeejaybee

Happy New Year Everyone.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 12:26 - Jan 1 with 2608 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Happy New Year to all you strange hooped people, who have welcomed me in & clutched me to your collective warm bosom. And, to those of you who haven't, .

Seriously, it's been fun being around here & realising that it's not just 'Spurs fans, who get their knickers in a twist, when there really isn't too much to be concerned about. I said when I joined the forum that I thought you'd get promotion, this season. In spite of everything (lack of goals, makeshift centre forwards, boring football, etc) I still feel the same way.

Thanks to Clive, who never fails to entertain with his match reports (and doesn't even get cross with me, when I point out his typos!!). The truth is .... you're a bloody good writer & do an excellent job, sir!

So, here's to 2014, a goal for my Niko; a win for you R's v Doncaster and some kind of result for my lot at Old Trafford!
LFW Clive appreciation thread on 12:33 - Jan 1 with 2589 viewsHunterhoop

Spot On, Hooparoo.

This site and forum is superb. Clive does more for QPR than any fan (and most of the players) going.

The amount of copy he produces is outstanding. And given it's all in his spare time off his own back, it's amazing.

Keep going, Clive.
LFW Clive appreciation thread on 12:34 - Jan 1 with 2589 viewsBathRanger

Agree with all of the above. Thanks to Clive and all the other contributors for making this such an informative and entertaining site. Happy New Year!
LFW Clive appreciation thread on 13:11 - Jan 1 with 2515 views18StoneOfHoop

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 12:26 - Jan 1 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

Happy New Year to all you strange hooped people, who have welcomed me in & clutched me to your collective warm bosom. And, to those of you who haven't, .

Seriously, it's been fun being around here & realising that it's not just 'Spurs fans, who get their knickers in a twist, when there really isn't too much to be concerned about. I said when I joined the forum that I thought you'd get promotion, this season. In spite of everything (lack of goals, makeshift centre forwards, boring football, etc) I still feel the same way.

Thanks to Clive, who never fails to entertain with his match reports (and doesn't even get cross with me, when I point out his typos!!). The truth is .... you're a bloody good writer & do an excellent job, sir!

So, here's to 2014, a goal for my Niko; a win for you R's v Doncaster and some kind of result for my lot at Old Trafford!

Spuds get something from Old Trafford, are you sure OHFTN ?

Still at least there is technology in place for that now.

Clive as we all know is bloody brilliant,amusing,talented,creative,professional,amazingly informed and diligent

Also as Blob & EssexTaxiDriver could tell you it's very hard to beat the persistent tenacious logical lawyer-type clever b'staad in argument even when he's deffo wrong.
Why don't the Torygraph sign him to their permanent payroll? Their stupidity,our gain.
On the odd occasion when I have had a peep at other QPR messageboards - well only Vital and Dot Org really - it makes me smile when I see their resident grey eminences passing off what Clive wrote hours previously as their own remarkable insight.

A few years back when I first came upon this site I read a brilliant match report from Tracy Stent and thought that standard couldn't be improved upon but then well you know..
Ade's right, he foo king well is . The amount of times when Rangers are krap,or he's snowed under in his proper job and he must think no way can he be Rsed and yet he still turns out reams of peerless crafted prose..

Can't some bright spark,genius wheeler-dealer, biz whizz amongst the LFW ranks, sort him out a rolling Perroni sponsorship and keep The Greatest Living Writer On QPR going for another good 5,10,30 years at least?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2014 13:28]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 13:13 - Jan 1 with 2506 viewsDoughnut

Top notch, as always!! Just supporting this lot is a trial, so writing about them as well...must take some doing. An R for all seasons.
Happy New Year!!
LFW Clive appreciation thread on 13:20 - Jan 1 with 2483 viewsNorfolk

Totally agree, keep up the good work Clive, if our paths ever cross a pint is yours
LFW Clive appreciation thread on 13:34 - Jan 1 with 2454 viewslondonscottish

Clive, you do an amazing job. HNY to you and to all the regular posters.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 13:59 - Jan 1 with 2423 viewsTheBlob

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 13:11 - Jan 1 by 18StoneOfHoop

Spuds get something from Old Trafford, are you sure OHFTN ?

Still at least there is technology in place for that now.

Clive as we all know is bloody brilliant,amusing,talented,creative,professional,amazingly informed and diligent

Also as Blob & EssexTaxiDriver could tell you it's very hard to beat the persistent tenacious logical lawyer-type clever b'staad in argument even when he's deffo wrong.
Why don't the Torygraph sign him to their permanent payroll? Their stupidity,our gain.
On the odd occasion when I have had a peep at other QPR messageboards - well only Vital and Dot Org really - it makes me smile when I see their resident grey eminences passing off what Clive wrote hours previously as their own remarkable insight.

A few years back when I first came upon this site I read a brilliant match report from Tracy Stent and thought that standard couldn't be improved upon but then well you know..
Ade's right, he foo king well is . The amount of times when Rangers are krap,or he's snowed under in his proper job and he must think no way can he be Rsed and yet he still turns out reams of peerless crafted prose..

Can't some bright spark,genius wheeler-dealer, biz whizz amongst the LFW ranks, sort him out a rolling Perroni sponsorship and keep The Greatest Living Writer On QPR going for another good 5,10,30 years at least?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2014 13:28]

Oy,was that an insult?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 16:09 - Jan 1 with 2355 viewsDorsetR

Agreed this is the best R's site by far, thanks to Clive and all the other contributors. I don't bother with the other sites, always come straight here. Here's to another year of ups and downs !
LFW Clive appreciation thread on 14:57 - Jan 2 with 2240 viewsTacticalR

The site is disturbingly addictive and should probably be reclassified by the government as a class A drug.

Air hostess clique

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 15:21 - Jan 2 with 2210 viewsconnell10

Clive is the main reason that got me onto this site, i used to read his match reports and it sort of got outta hand from there really! Funny thing is i love reading his work but i cant stand his voice on the open all r,s podcast , so for that reason i wouldnt buy him a drink if i ever meet him! Keep up the good sir and a very happy new year to ya!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 15:22 - Jan 2 with 2209 viewsHarbour

Cheers Clive thanks for all the work you do for the site match reports away game travel etc etc its all brilliant and supporting the Rs and meeting on line fellow rs supporters is great heres to a great 2014 hopefully ending in a promotion party
LFW Clive appreciation thread on 16:17 - Jan 2 with 2168 viewsessextaxiboy

LFW Clive appreciation thread on 13:59 - Jan 1 by TheBlob

Oy,was that an insult?

Im taking it as a compliment ... at least it sounds like we were right ..

Thanks Clive
LFW Clive appreciation thread on 16:52 - Jan 2 with 2121 viewsQPRDave

Well done Northern.....great job...great site
LFW Clive appreciation thread on 17:10 - Jan 2 with 2101 viewsMytch_QPR

Well done Clive - agree with the other comments. From my point of view, it's amazing how many topics (non football) that get debated - generally speaking in a spirit of fairness and good faith. Proof, if it were needed, that we are collectively a bunch of mass debaters.

One thing I did notice is that Clive's column was missing from the Leicester program - I hope that he has not been shifted aside as a result of speaking freely about the stadium plans (?)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024